If you suffered an injury during an accident in Doral, Florida, such as a car wreck or a slip and fall, you should discuss your options and legal rights with a Doral personal injury lawyer at Dolman Law Group. We only represent individuals who have been injured as a result of the negligent or reckless actions of others. Our mission is to protect accident victims and help them recover the financial compensation they need and deserve after a serious injury resulting from an accident in Doral or the surrounding area.
- Why Hire a Doral Personal Injury Lawyer at Dolman Law Group
- Types of Doral Personal Injury Claims We Handle at Dolman Law Group
- Our Doral Law Office Location
- Schedule A Free Consultation
- Doral Accident Statistics
- What Are the Most Common Types of Personal Injuries in Doral?
- Common Ways People Suffer Injuries in Doral
- What Should I Do After an Accident in Doral?
- How Do I Know if I Have a Valid Doral Personal Injury Claim?
- How Much Is My Doral Personal Injury Claim Worth?
- Schedule A Free Consultation
- What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits in Doral?
- Can I Recover Damages If I'm Partially At Fault?
- What's the Process of Recovering Compensation in Doral?
- Contact Our Doral Personal Injury Lawyers For a Free Consultation
- What Our Clients Have to Say:
Why Hire a Doral Personal Injury Lawyer at Dolman Law Group
Dolman Law Group is a nationally recognized injury law firm comprised of experienced trial attorneys with significant combined experience in holding the at-fault party responsible for the injuries and damages they have caused.
Stan Gipe is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer as designated by the Florida Bar. This designation means that Stan is considered an expert in the discipline of trying cases. He has served as lead counsel on over 2000 personal injury lawsuits and has handled many cases involving a wide array of medical issues, including catastrophic injuries. Stan has developed a well-earned reputation for his competency with Florida insurance defense lawyers and insurance carriers in general.
Matthew Dolman has served as lead counsel on over 1000 Florida injury lawsuits. He is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for resolving cases in excess of $1,000,000.00 and $2,000,000.00. Matthew has been selected by his colleagues as a Florida Super Lawyer and as a Legal Elite by Florida Trends Magazine due to his work on behalf of personal injury victims.
To date, the personal injury lawyers at Dolman Law Group have recovered over $400 Million on behalf of their clients. We handle cases in Doral, throughout Miami-Dade County, and across Florida.
We Are Not a Settlement Mill
Most Firms that Advertise on Television are Settlement Mills. We are the opposite of the high-volume personal injury lawyers advertising all day long on television and radio. Many of these high-volume injury lawyers have a business model based on settling massive amounts of cases. Their case managers and support staff handle the bulk of their work, not lawyers.
In contrast, we have built a reputation for litigating claims and taking cases to trial. In turn, we keep the insurance carriers honest by posing a genuine risk to them. Keep in mind, even the world's worst trial lawyers are still more effective than the law firm that never or rarely takes cases to trial. Insurance companies despise spending money, and that is what we force them to do every day.
And, even if we don't take your case to trial, just having an active litigation department makes the rest of our cases worth considerably more. Why? Because insurance companies know we will take them to court and we will win, so they would rather just give us a fair amount now and save the headache. We are proud of our past case results that show how hard we work to achieve the best outcome for our clients. Some of our notable successes include:
- $6.7 million award for wrongful death
- $5 million award for burn injuries
- $3.8 million for a brain injury resulting from a trucking accident
- $2.25 million for a traumatic brain injury
Our attorneys have earned consistent recognition from prominent legal organizations for our impeccable professionalism and outstanding client service. Other aspects to consider about working with our law firm include:
- We Have The Financial Resources To Battle The Largest Insurance Companies - Whether we are handling an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, we often fight a war of attrition with adjusters and defense lawyers. The insurance company is looking to wear your lawyer or firm down by spending just enough money to make them cave in. When you hire Dolman Law Group, you're choosing a firm with significant financial resources to make an insurance giant spend significant money to the extent it becomes unprofitable.
- We Will Not Leave You Facing Your Medical Bills - At the resolution of any claim or personal injury lawsuit, we will negotiate with your medical providers to ensure you net as much as possible. Our foremost goal is to ensure you are not paying out of pocket for any medical bills after your case is resolved.
- Our Law Firm is Built on Referrals From Very Satisfied Former and Current Clients - we are not heavily reliant on advertising to bring in new clients. Our reputation is the cornerstone of our practice, and satisfied clients are extremely important to every member of our team.
Many Law Firms Refer Their Biggest or Most Complicated Cases to Dolman Law Group - the greatest compliments come from our colleagues who often associate with Dolman Law Group on their biggest cases due to our abilities and reputation with insurance carriers and their defense lawyers. When it comes to a personal injury lawsuit or simple claim, you are in the right hands with the Dolman team.
Contact us today for a free consultation concerning your Doral personal injury claim at (305) 930-7688.
Types of Doral Personal Injury Claims We Handle at Dolman Law Group
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group handle all types of personal injury claims in Doral, including:
- Doral Car Accidents
- Doral Truck Accidents
- Doral Motorcycle Accidents
- Doral Bicycle Accidents
- Doral Pedestrian Accidents
- Doral Drunk Driving Accidents
- Doral Premises Liability Accidents
- Doral Dog Bites
- Doral Slip and Fall Accidents
- Doral Boating Accidents
- Doral Uber Accidents
- Doral Bus Accidents
- Doral Medical Malpractice
- Doral Nursing Home Abuse
- Doral Wrongful Death
- Doral Construction Accidents
- Doral Workers’ Compensation
We also handle many other types of personal injury claims as well, so contact us to schedule a free consultation if you sustained serious injuries because of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Our Doral Law Office Location
Dolman Law Group has a law office in Doral located at 8400 NW 36th St Suite 450, Doral, FL 33166
Drop by our office to discuss your claim at no cost or give us a call to schedule an appointment.
Doral Accident Statistics
Doral is located in Miami-Dade County, and the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) publishes reports of traffic accidents throughout the state that caused injuries or fatalities. For the most recent year, FLHSMV reported the following accident statistics of Miami-Dade County and the Doral area:
- A total of 63,515 total traffic accidents were reported. Of those, 28,722 people suffered injuries and 323 people were killed.
- 919 total bicycle accidents occurred in the area, with 18 fatalities.
- A total of 1,197 total motorcycle accidents were reported, with 44 motorcycle accident fatalities.
- 1,790 pedestrian accidents happened, with 87 fatalities.
Additionally, the Doral area reported 21,793 hit and run accidents, resulting in 3,469 injuries and 36 fatalities.
What Are the Most Common Types of Personal Injuries in Doral?
Accident victims can also have a variety of injuries. The value of a claim depends largely on the nature and severity of the injuries, as well as the medical treatment required and any long-lasting effects of the injuries. Our firm represents clients with the following injuries and more:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Soft tissue injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Wrongful death
- Birth Injuries
- Class action lawsuits
Common Ways People Suffer Injuries in Doral
Accidental injuries in Doral can happen in a variety of different ways, and the approach to each case will depend on how the injury occurred. The experienced personal injury attorneys of Dolman Law Group regularly and successfully handle cases arising from the following circumstances, among others:
Of the 16 million people licensed to drive in Florida, 2 million of those people are in the Miami-Dade region. Take on top of that the millions of visitors that Florida receives each year from snowbirds and tourism, and the recipe for a serious car crash is complete. In fact, more than 50,000 people are seriously injured in the Miami-Dade region in any given year. These car wrecks can be caused by dangerous conditions, distracted driving, road hazards, defective cars, and more.
Car accidents are one of the most common causes of serious personal injury that we see at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA. This is because of the sheer danger that a multi-thousand-pound machine poses when you include fast speeds and delicate human bodies. When an auto accident occurs, the body is suddenly and violently thrown until something stops it; oftentimes, that something is a dashboard, car door, or seatbelt. This can cause everything from whiplash to broken necks to untimely death.
The key to recovering from auto accidents is to be able to focus on your recovery. This can’t be done if you’re worried about the bills or stressing about how you will support your family while you’re out of work. That’s where financial compensation comes in. The negligence of others is not a cost or worry that should be absorbed by others. The car accident lawyers at Dolman Law Group will make sure that the appropriate parties are held responsible for their actions and that proper compensation is awarded. Letting an auto accident lawyer handle your case not only ensures that you will get the amount you deserve but also reduces your stress so that you can focus on making a full recovery from your injuries.
Doral Motorcycle Accidents
It’s estimated that 88,000 motorcyclists are injured each year in motorcycle accidents. Of those, nearly 5,000 of them are motorcycle fatalities.
Negligent drivers—especially those driving while distracted—commonly cause motorcycle injuries. Of course, the exposed nature of motorcycles is what makes them so much more dangerous; however, that doesn’t mean that those injured in a Doral motorcycle crash are somehow more culpable or less deserving of compensation for their personal injury case.
In fact, it’s often other drivers’ failures to watch the road or to look out for other motorists that often cause motorcycle accidents. Regardless, they can be devastating and deserve just compensation.
Contact the motorcycle injury attorneys at Dolman Law Group to discuss your injury claim. Stan Gipe is a recognized, award-winning motorcycle accident lawyer.
Slip and Fall Accidents
People injure themselves on a regular basis by slipping and falling down. Many times, a fall accident is just an unlucky happenstance. However, when the fall is caused by another person’s negligence and complete disregard for another’s safety, the injured deserve compensation for their losses. These trip and fall cases can happen in stores or other businesses due to a number of dangerous hazards.
For example, the owner of a store may know that their roof is leaking but decide that fixing it is too expensive. Or, a store manager may be aware that milk was spilled in Aisle 12 but has told their employees to ignore the incident until the truck is unloaded. These examples show how a person’s negligence can cause dangerous conditions.
Slipping and falling is often considered funny in our culture. However, when a person’s feet slip out from under them and cause their body to slam against a hard floor, the results can be painful and debilitating. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall or trip and fall, contact the slip and fall attorneys at Dolman Law Group today.
Commercial Truck Accidents
About 480,000 commercial vehicles are involved in crashes in the US on an annual basis. Because of the large weight and size of commercial trucks and buses, the damage and injury caused by these crashes can be devastating. Small cars just have no chance in a commercial truck accident.
Oftentimes, truckers are operating under less-than-ideal or unsafe conditions, like driving for too long or without proper rest breaks. Because of this, the commercial companies they work for are often found negligent in truck accident cases. If you’ve been injured by an 18-wheeler or bus, contact Dolman Law Group for a free consultation.
Doral Boating Accidents
There are more than 931,000 watercraft registered in Florida, where boating is a popular, year-round activity. This is probably no truer than in the Doral area of Florida, where lakes and beaches abound. Who doesn’t love a nice boat outing? Sun, water, and cruising make for a great combination.
However, boating is also commonly associated with drinking, distractions, and inexperienced operators, all of which regularly lead to accidents. If you were injured because of a drunk or negligent boater, contact the personal injury attorneys of Dolman Law Group to discuss your case.
Bicyclists are a regular sight in Florida. However, in addition to the many benefits of cycling, there are also risks of accidents and serious injuries. A bicyclist can suffer severe injuries even if they are wearing a helmet and other safety gear; a bike is just no match for a solid steel vehicle.
If you were injured on a bicycle by a negligent driver, contact Dolman Law Group to discuss your options with no obligation or charge.
Doral Pedestrian Accidents
Statistics indicate that a pedestrian is injured once every eight minutes in the US. Pedestrians have no protection from injuries when they are hit by a car. Because of this, combined with the obvious mismatch between a car and a person, it’s clear why they are so vulnerable to severe injuries.
The most common pedestrian accident injuries are traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, and back and neck injuries. These types of injuries can be devastating to one’s way of life. If you were struck by a vehicle, contact Dolman Law Group for a personal injury case evaluation today.
Doral Nursing Home Abuse
Residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities can be harmed by many different types of mistreatment, including neglect, physical assault, emotional abuse, financial abuse, sexual assault, and more. These appalling and severe crimes should never go unpunished. Contact Dolman Law Group if you suspect your loved one is the victim of nursing home negligence or abuse.
Doral Workplace Injuries
When people go to work, they should expect a safe and healthy job environment. When a person suffers a job-related injury, the law protects their interests by giving them the right to workers’ compensation benefits. However, these benefits are not always paid in a timely and fair manner.
If you were injured while at work or made sick by unsafe conditions, contact the workers comp attorneys at Dolman Law Group today.
What Should I Do After an Accident in Doral?
If you're involved in an accident in Doral, it's important to take several immediate steps to ensure your safety, the safety of others, and to protect your legal rights. Here's what you should do after an accident:
- Check for Injuries: First and foremost, check yourself and others involved in the accident for injuries. If anyone is seriously injured, call 911 for emergency medical assistance.
- Move to Safety: If possible and safe to do so, move vehicles out of the traffic flow to prevent further accidents and ensure the safety of everyone involved.
- Call the Police and Report the Accident: Regardless of the severity of the accident, call the police to the scene. This will ensure that an official accident report is filed, which can be important for insurance claims and legal proceedings. In fact, Florida law requires you to report a vehicle accident involving injuries or fatalities or resulting in property damage of more than $500.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other parties involved in the accident. This includes names, phone numbers, addresses, insurance policy numbers, and vehicle information.
- Document the Scene: If safe, take photos of the accident scene, including vehicle damage, road conditions, any road signs or signals, and any visible injuries. These photos can serve as valuable evidence later.
- Gather Witness Information: If there are witnesses to the accident, collect their names and contact information. Their statements might be useful if there are disputes about the circumstances of the accident.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don't believe you're seriously injured, it's important to seek medical attention. Some injuries might not be immediately apparent, and a medical evaluation can help identify and document any injuries.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. Provide them with accurate information about the accident.
- Don't Provide a Recorded Statement to the Insurer: Be cautious about what you say to the insurance company regarding the accident, especially to the other party's insurance company, without consulting an attorney first. Never provide a recorded statement the insurer could later use against you.
- Consult an Attorney: If you've suffered injuries or significant property damage, consider consulting a personal injury attorney. An attorney can provide legal advice, help you understand your rights, and guide you through the process of seeking compensation if necessary.
- Preserve Evidence: Even though you will provide your attorney with all records and documents pertaining to your injuries, you should keep copies of all documents related to the accident, such as medical records, bills, repair estimates, and any communication with insurance companies in a safe location.
Remember that every accident is unique, so the specific steps you need to take may vary. Your top priorities following a Doral accident are to get the medical treatment you need for your injuries and contact a Doral personal injury attorney for advice and guidance.
How Do I Know if I Have a Valid Doral Personal Injury Claim?
Many folks are seriously injured in accidents every day just in the Doral area of Miami. Additionally, more than 28 million people in the United States visit emergency departments each year when they sustain accidental injuries. These accidents can take many different forms.
Personal injuries may be caused by an auto accident or car wreck, slip and fall, work injury, motorcycle crash, pedestrian accident, dog bite, and more. The list of ways that people suffer a personal injury on a daily basis is long.
But they all share one thing in common. When injuries are the result of another person’s negligence, victims are entitled to seek compensation for the losses they experience. These losses may include medical bills, property damages, lost wages from missed work, compensation for loss of quality of life, and/or physical and emotional pain and suffering.
This compensation plays an important role in making the injured victim whole again. If the other party had not been negligent, the injured person would not have needed surgeries, spent time in the hospital, missed many days of work, or lost the ability to hold their grandchild again. Of course, these are just theoretical examples, but they are real examples of what we see every day at our law firm.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer in Doral Can Help
At Dolman Law Group, our Doral accident injury lawyers are committed to providing aggressive and effective legal representation and counsel to individuals who have sustained personal injury in serious accidents.
We know how to gather evidence to support a claim, and we understand the process of negotiating with insurance companies to recover adequate compensation. We also will not hesitate to take a case to trial if necessary. Oftentimes, insurance companies will only give serious offers to those firms they know might actually take them to court. Our record clearly shows that we have and will do so.
We do whatever it takes to get our clients just compensation.
You can rely on us to carefully asses your situation to determine if you qualify for compensation. In virtually all personal injury claims, you must show that you suffered injuries and prove the other party caused your injuries through their negligence or wrongdoing.
We can help you with all aspects and work diligently to hold the other party liable and fight for you throughout the process to increase your chances of getting the maximum financial recovery possible.
How Much Is My Doral Personal Injury Claim Worth?
We get this question a lot from clients, and it really depends on the unique facts and circumstances involving your case. It's often impossible to tell exactly what a claim is worth, but our lawyers will assess your claim, and calculate the amount of compensation you need to cover your injuries and losses.
The value of a personal injury claim in Doral can vary widely depending on several factors. To determine the potential worth of your personal injury claim, your attorney will need to consider various elements that contribute to the damages you've suffered. Here are some key factors that can influence the value of your claim:
- Type and Severity of Injuries: The extent and seriousness of your injuries play a significant role. More severe injuries that lead to long-term or permanent disability tend to result in higher compensation.
- Medical Expenses: The costs of medical treatment, surgeries, hospital stays, rehabilitation, medications, and ongoing medical care are crucial components of your claim's value.
- Lost Wages: If the injuries prevent you from working or result in a loss of income, you can claim compensation for the wages you've lost as a direct result of the accident.
- Pain and Suffering: This includes physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish you've experienced due to the accident and injuries. These damages are less tangible but can significantly impact the value of your claim.
- Property Damage: If your property, such as your vehicle, was damaged in the accident, the cost of repairs or replacement can contribute to your claim's value.
- Future Damages: Consider future medical expenses, ongoing treatment, and potential loss of future earning capacity if your injuries result in long-term or permanent effects.
- Comparative Negligence: If you were partially at fault for the accident, Florida's comparative negligence law will reduce your compensation based on your percentage of fault.
- Insurance Policy Limits: The at-fault party's insurance policy limits can impact the maximum compensation you can receive from their insurance company.
- Legal Fees and Costs: Keep in mind that legal fees and costs associated with pursuing your claim may be deducted from your final settlement amount.
- Attorney Involvement: Working with a skilled personal injury attorney can help maximize the value of your claim. An attorney can accurately assess the value of your damages and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits in Doral?
It’s important to note that even though recovery from your personal injury may be arduous, there is a time limit to when you can proceed with a lawsuit. The statute of limitations in Florida is now two years. This means that from the date of your accident, you have only two years to file a lawsuit in civil court.
This may sound like a long time, but depending on the size and scope of your case, your legal team may require extra time to build the foundation of your claim.
Can I Recover Damages If I'm Partially At Fault?
Florida amended its tort policy to follow a modified comparative fault rule in March of 2023. This means that injured parties are no longer allowed to recover compensation if the court finds them more than 50% responsible for their injuries. Also, the court will reduce the amount of damages you can receive based on your percentage of fault. For example, if the court finds the defendant was 75% at fault and you were 25% at fault, you may only recover 75% of the total damages.
The Doral accident injury attorneys at the Dolman Law Group will thoroughly investigate the accident or injury-causing event and work diligently to establish 100% liability on the other party, if possible. We will also advocate for you if the insurance company tries to blame you for the accident to improve the odds you obtain the full amount of compensation you deserve.
What's the Process of Recovering Compensation in Doral?
The personal injury claims process begins after your suffered and received treatment for injuries someone else caused and consult an attorney for help. Your lawyer will collect evidence and submit a claim to the appropriate insurance companies, including a total dollar figure the insurance company can pay to avoid going to court.
The insurer will likely respond with a lower settlement offer that probably won't come close to covering all your injuries and losses. This opens the door for settlement negotiations, and your attorney will wrangle with the insurance company to try and get them to pay more.
Keep in mind that Florida is a no-fault state for auto insurance, which means you will first pursue compensation from your own personal injury protection (PIP) policy. Florida requires all drivers to maintain this form of insurance coverage.
PIP coverage is sometimes referred to as no-fault coverage, as the insurance does not take into account who was to blame for the accident when deciding what damages to cover. Florida PIP covers up to $10,000 in medical expenses and lost wages after a car accident. This type of insurance coverage was made mandatory in Florida in order to expedite the personal injury claim process when it came to auto accidents. The idea is that everyone pays for insurance to cover their own injury expenses, thus making the process less complicated and freeing up the courts to deal with more serious incidents.
However, this is not always how it works, as insurance companies can find a way out of paying even the most obvious of legitimate damages. This is where PIP suits come in. If your valid PIP claim has been denied, the insurance company is hoping that you will assume there is nothing you can do and move on.
Going to Court
If the insurer refuses to offer a fair settlement or unjustly denies your claim, your attorney may advise taking your case to trial and suing for the compensation you need. Your attorney will then enter into the discovery process with opposing counsel, where both sides may request documentation and evidence from the other side.
Many civil courts require parties in a civil lawsuit to attend mediation to try and resolve the conflict. If no resolution can be found, your case will proceed to trial. Your attorney will present a compelling case on your behalf, using evidence, eyewitness testimony, expert witness testimony, and other admissible information. The judge or jury will hear the case and then deliberate to reach a verdict.
If the court rules in your favor, the court will determine the amount of damages to award you. Either side may also appeal the ruling if they feel judicial errors affected the verdict.
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, understand how to negotiate with insurers, and we have a long track record of securing favorable verdicts at trial for our clients. Contact our experienced personal injury protection lawyers in Doral to fight for you and help you get a fair settlement or court award to cover all costs of your injuries.
Contact Our Doral Personal Injury Lawyers For a Free Consultation
If you have been seriously injured in an accident, you should speak to our personal injury lawyers as soon as you can. Time works against you in the race to resolve your injury claim successfully. Our skilled attorneys will leverage their considerable experience to obtain the maximum settlement possible from insurance companies who are reluctant to pay injury claims. Working with a respected and experienced personal injury lawyer can make a big difference in your future.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
8400 NW 36th St Suite 450
Doral, FL 33166
What Our Clients Have to Say:
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My experience with this law firm has been extremely pleasant. After being involved in an accident where I was injured, I was able to seek treatment from the best doctors in the area. I was lucky to have a team that assisted in scheduling my appointments that worked around both my full time work schedule and my demanding grad school schedule. Even with a move out of state to New York, I was able to remain with this law firm and continue treatment in south Florida while remaining under the care of the doctors that I felt most comfortable with. Even though I suffered injuries and experienced difficulties in that aspect, the team here was able to make sure that I was able to continue work and stay on track with grad school all while I moved to a new state.” - Anna S.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!" - Koralis R.
Read more reviews on Google!
Doral Emergency Rooms
If you suffered serious injuries in Doral, seek immediate medical treatment from one of the area's emergency rooms or urgent care centers:
- HCA Florida Doral Emergency: 10915 NW 41st St, Doral, FL 33178
- Baptist Health Doral Hospital ER | Doral: 9500 NW 58th St, Doral, FL 33178
- Baptist Health Urgent Care | Downtown Doral: 8400 NW 53rd St Suite F-101, Doral, FL 33166
- Doral Court: 8600 NW 36th St #104, Doral, FL 33166
- City of Doral - Government Center: 8401 NW 53rd Terrace, Doral, FL 33166
- Miami-Dade District Court: 11 E 6th St, Hialeah, FL 33010
- Third District Court of Appeal: 2001 SW 117th Ave, Miami, FL 33175
- Sweetwater County Court: 500 SW 109th Ave 3rd floor, Miami, FL 33174
Neighborhoods We Serve in Doral
Dolman Law Group serves the following neighborhoods in Doral: