If you are injured in a vehicle crash, on a job site, or from a fall at the local shopping mall, you may be eligible to file a claim against the negligent party and their insurance company. Our Bradenton personal injury lawyers know that you need someone on your side to help you navigate the complex legal process. When you're injured, don't spend your time negotiating with insurance companies or collecting evidence. After an accident in Bradenton, FL, you need to focus on what truly matters – your physical and emotional recovery.
Bradenton is a rare city that harmoniously combines family life, recreation, and incredible beauty right on the Manatee River just south of Tampa. However, that harmony can quickly fade when a personal tragedy, such as a horrible auto accident, changes your life forever.
When you need caring, compassionate lawyers with extensive legal experience to fight for you after a car accident or other personal injury, our local Bradenton law firm can help. With more than 120 years of combined experience, rest assured that we will go the extra mile for you.
- Why Should You Choose Our Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyers?
- What Types of Bradenton Personal Injury Claims Can Our Skilled Attorneys Handle?
- Our Bradenton Location
- Schedule A Free Consultation
- Bradenton Vehicle Accident Statistics
- What Types of Injuries Do People Commonly Suffer in Personal Injury Accidents in Bradenton?
- What Should I Do After an Accident in Bradenton?
- How Do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Case in Bradenton?
- Schedule A Free Consultation
- What Monetary Damages Are Available in a Personal Injury Claim?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Bradenton Personal Injury Lawsuit in Court?
- How Much Does a Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
- How Long Do Bradenton Personal Injury Cases Take to Settle?
- If I Was Partially At Fault, Can I Still Receive Compensation?
- What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process in Bradenton?
- Contact the Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyers at Dolman Law Group Today
- What Our Clients Have to Say:
- Bradenton Emergency Rooms and Urgent Care Centers
- Bradenton Courthouses
Why Should You Choose Our Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyers?
At Dolman Law Group, we provide personalized legal guidance for our injured clients. We meet with you personally to understand you and your case better. We then build a solid case to pursue maximum compensation. Depending on your unique circumstances, we may be able to recover financial losses such as:
- Current medical expenses
- Current lost wages
- Future medical expenses
- Future lost income and other financial benefits
- The value of your emotional distress and mental anguish, and
- Other damages related to your situation.
We have recovered over $400 million for injury victims since we first opened our doors in 2009 by handling over 8000 personal injury cases and helping 40,000 injured accident victims in Bradenton and throughout the state of Florida.
- Matthew Dolman is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for settlements and verdicts exceeding $1 million and $2 million, respectively. He has been selected by his colleagues as a Florida Super Lawyer and to Florida's Legal Elite on numerous occasions.
- Stanley Gipe is a board-certified civil trial lawyer as recognized by the Florida Bar.
Our track record proves the successful legal representation our law firm provides. Here are just some of the case results from our most notable personal injury cases:
- $5 million for a car accident victim who suffered burn injuries
- $3.85 million for a truck accident victim who suffered brain injuries
- $3.2 million for a truck accident victim who suffered a brain injury
- $1.75 million for an accident victim who suffered a shoulder injury in an accident on I-275
- $1.58 million for a car accident victim who suffered a spinal cord injury
While past success never guarantees future results, you can rest a bit easier knowing you have our team on your side fighting for justice, including recovering appropriate compensation based on your injuries, financial harm, and the psychological damages you have suffered. And since you won't pay any legal fees until we successfully resolve your case, you can relax knowing you don't owe our law firm anything until you receive compensation at the end.
At Dolman Law Group, our Bradenton personal injury law office is conveniently located at 6703 14th Street West, Suite 207. We are located just off Florida Boulevard and Highway 41. We offer FREE initial consultations, so you have nothing to lose.
During our meeting, we can answer all your questions and explore your legal options. If you are dealing with catastrophic injuries and you're unable to come to our office, don't worry. We will happily meet you wherever is most convenient for you, including your home, the hospital, or even your office.
What Types of Bradenton Personal Injury Claims Can Our Skilled Attorneys Handle?
At Dolman Law Group, we handle all types of personal injury claims in Bradenton arising from another party's negligence or wrongdoing, including:
- Bradenton Car Accidents
- Bradenton Truck Accidents
- Bradenton Pedestrian Accidents
- Bradenton Motorcycle Accidents
- Bradenton Bicycle Accidents
- Bradenton Ridesharing accidents, including Bradenton Lyft Accidents and Brandon Uber Accidents
- Bradenton Bus Accidents
- Bradenton Taxi Accidents
- Bradenton Train Accidents
- Bradenton Drunk Driving Accidents
- Bradenton Workers’ Compensation
- Bradenton Construction Accidents
- Bradenton Premises Liability Accidents
- Bradenton Slip and Fall Accidents
- Bradenton Dog Bites
- Bradenton Nursing Home Abuse
- Bradenton Spinal Cord Injuries
- Bradenton Clergy Sexual Abuse
- Bradenton Child Sexual Abuse
- Bradenton Wrongful Death
Auto Accidents in Bradenton
Auto accidents are the most common source of personal injuries and can leave people with catastrophic injuries in desperate need of legal help from a Bradenton car accident lawyer. Whether the crash is caused by reckless driving, inexperienced drivers, or distracted driving, when the wreckage is cleared, those who are injured can face extensive medical bills and a long road to recovery.
An auto accident attorney's first step is to gather evidence to prove who is at fault in these accidents. Since Florida is a no-fault state, we generally help victims file claims with their insurers to receive personal injury protection (PIP) benefits. If we need to pursue additional payments outside of the PIP law, we can:
- Investigate the accident to determine if other parties were at fault;
- Subpoena the accident report prepared by law enforcement;
- Gather evidence at the accident scene, such as skid marks, debris, and other proof of what happened;
- Review photographs taken by witnesses, law enforcement, or the victim themselves; and
- Study video footage from traffic cams or nearby buildings and businesses.
While Florida requires no-fault insurance and places limits on who can sue, you can pursue a fault-based claim when you suffer “serious” injuries or the cost of your medical care exceeds your PIP policy coverage. Even a broken arm might allow you to file a claim against the at-fault driver. Our attorneys can assess your options for free.
Bradenton Truck Accidents
The Bradenton truck accident lawyers at Dolman Law Group understand how to hold negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable for their actions under Florida law. Many truck drivers and the trucking companies that employ them also fail to follow federal regulations that control a truck driver's abilities, which can lead to Florida injuries and casualties.
Our firm will gather evidence, recreate the accident scene, discuss the incident with the insurers involved, and attempt to negotiate fair and equitable settlements for truck accident victims. No truck accident is too large for our dynamic firm, and we have the resources to file these cases against the truck driver and their employer to hold both the trucker and the trucking company accountable.
Motorcycle Accidents in Bradenton
Without airbags, doors, or thick glass windshields.,motorcycle riders don't have much protection during an accident other than personal protective equipment such as helmets, pads, and front shields. Since motorcycles don't weigh much, accidents involving motorcycles are often catastrophic, and when a vehicle slams into a motorcycle, rider injuries are all but guaranteed.
Motorcycles deserve the same protections as other motor vehicles in Florida. Poor vehicle operator driving skills like following too closely, not seeing a motorcycle, or driving while impaired can cost the lives of motorcyclists. The Bradenton motorcycle accident attorneys at our firm understand the devastating nature of these wrecks.
Motorcycle crashes can lead to permanent paralysis, traumatic brain injury accidents, broken bones, and internal bleeding. Victims could face years of medical treatment and physical therapy. If the victim can't return to work, they can face lost wages as well.
The Dolman Law Group team works tirelessly to ensure that we litigate motorcycle accident claims in accordance with Florida law and our client's best interests. We could recover money damages to pay for your care, motorcycle replacement, lost income, pain and suffering, and more.
Distracted Driving Crashes
Texting while driving, which is now banned in Florida, causes more accidents today than when cell phones were first introduced. But distracted driving doesn't stop with texting. People reaching for children in the back seats, looking for notes on the floor, changing the radio station, eating, and applying makeup are other distractions that can lead to devastating collisions. Unfortunately, these accidents are increasing in frequency each year.
If you suffered serious injuries in a Bradenton motor vehicle accident or because of someone else's negligent, careless, or reckless actions, contact Dolman Law Group as soon as possible to discuss your case for free and learn of your options for pursuing compensation.
Our Bradenton Location
Dolman Law Group has a law office in Bradenton located at 6703 14th Street West Suite 207, Bradenton, FL 34207.
You can come by our office to meet with one of our compassionate attorneys and discuss your Bradenton personal injury claim at no cost. Call us to set up and appointment at (941) 613-5747.
Bradenton Vehicle Accident Statistics
Bradenton is the county seat of Manatee County and has a population of nearly 56,000. The city also sees a lot of tourist traffic throughout the year. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) has published the most recent accident statistics of traffic accidents throughout Manatee County:
- In 2022, 6,384 total traffic-related crashes were reported in the Bradenton area, resulting in 5,097 injuries and 71 fatalities.
- The Bradenton area reported 150 total motorcycle accidents in 2022, with 124 injuries and 17 deaths.
- 150 pedestrian accidents occurred in Bradenton, with 127 injuries and 15 fatalities.
- The Bradenton area also saw 155 total bicycle crashes, with 143 injuries and 8 deaths.
Additionally, the Bradenton area reported 1,641 hit and run accidents that resulted in 456 injuries and 6 deaths.
What Types of Injuries Do People Commonly Suffer in Personal Injury Accidents in Bradenton?
People can fall victim to all sorts of accidents and injury-causing events caused by someone else's negligence in Bradenton--from car accidents and slip and fall accidents to workplace accidents and medical malpractice. Some of the common injuries we help injured clients recover compensation for include:
- Broken Bones: Fractures and broken bones can occur in accidents involving high impact forces. Common bones that may be broken include arms, legs, wrists, ribs, and hips.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These injuries involve damage to muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Sprains, strains, and tears in these soft tissues are common in accidents where sudden movements or impacts occur.
- Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can result from accidents involving significant blows to the head. These injuries can range from concussions to more severe brain damage, leading to cognitive, emotional, and physical impairments.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Accidents that involve significant force can lead to spinal cord injuries, resulting in paralysis or loss of sensation in certain parts of the body.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a neck injury often associated with rear-end car collisions. It occurs when the head is jerked forward and then backward suddenly, causing strain to the neck muscles and ligaments.
- Neck and back injuries: Along with whiplash, accident victims can suffer from severe neck and back injuries that can cause serious mobility issues
- Cuts and Lacerations: Broken glass, sharp objects, or debris can cause cuts and lacerations, which might require stitches or other medical attention.
- Burn Injuries: Accidents involving fires, explosions, or hazardous chemicals can lead to burn injuries of varying degrees, ranging from first-degree to more severe third-degree burns.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt force trauma can cause damage to internal organs, such as the liver, spleen, and kidneys. These injuries might not always be immediately apparent and require prompt medical evaluation.
- Amputations: Severe accidents, such as those involving heavy machinery or high-speed collisions, can result in amputations of limbs or digits.
- Facial Injuries: Accidents can cause injuries to the face, including fractures of the facial bones, dental injuries, and soft tissue damage.
Along with physical injuries, people can suffer psychological and emotion injuries, such as emotional distress, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), especially in cases of severe accidents.
It's important to note that the severity of injuries can vary widely depending on the nature of the accident. Seeking immediate medical attention after an accident is crucial, even if injuries seem minor at first, as some injuries might have delayed symptoms. If you or someone you know has been injured in a personal injury accident, you should consult with an experienced Bradenton personal injury lawyer at Dolman Law Group to understand your legal rights and options for compensation.
What Should I Do After an Accident in Bradenton?
If you're involved in an accident in Bradenton, it's important to take certain steps to ensure your safety, as well as the safety of others, and to protect your legal rights. Here's what you should do after an accident:
- Check for Injuries: First and foremost, check yourself and others for injuries. If anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately to request medical assistance.
- Move to Safety: If possible and safe to do so, move vehicles out of the traffic flow to prevent further accidents and ensure the safety of everyone involved.
- Call the Police: Regardless of the severity of the accident, it's a good idea to call the police to the scene. This will help ensure that an official report is filed, which can be useful for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other parties involved in the accident. This includes names, phone numbers, addresses, insurance policy numbers, and vehicle information.
- Document the Scene: If it's safe to do so, take photos of the accident scene, including the damage to vehicles, any road signs or signals, skid marks, and the overall layout of the area.
- Gather Witness Information: If there are witnesses to the accident, collect their names and contact information. Their statements might be valuable in case there are disputes later.
- Report to Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company about the accident as soon as possible. Provide them with accurate and detailed information about the incident.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don't think you're seriously injured, it's important to seek medical attention. Some injuries might not be immediately apparent, and a medical evaluation can help ensure your well-being and create a record of any injuries. You will need documentation of your injuries and treatment to file an injury claim.
- Preserve Evidence: Keep any documentation related to the accident, including medical records, bills, repair estimates, and communication with insurance companies.
- Report the Accident: Follow all legal requirements related to accidents, such as filing a report with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) if the accident resulted in injuries, deaths, or property damage exceeding a certain amount.
- Consult an Attorney: If you've suffered injuries or significant property damage, it's a good idea to consult with a personal injury attorney who specializes in accidents. They can provide legal advice, help you understand your rights, and guide you through the process of pursuing compensation if needed.
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group are here and ready to assist you in any way we can. Contact us as soon as possible after an accident to learn how we can help.
How Do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Case in Bradenton?
Most victims of horrific personal injury accidents don't know if or how they can hold responsible people accountable for their losses. Whether you were injured in a car crash or construction accident, you have rights. However, determining whether you have a personal injury case in Bradenton depends on several factors. Here are some key considerations to help you determine if you might have a valid personal injury case:
- Injury or Damages: You must have suffered physical, emotional, or financial harm as a result of the accident. This could include injuries such as broken bones, whiplash, head injuries, or emotional distress, as well as property damage.
- Negligence: To have a personal injury case, you need to show that someone else's negligence or wrongful actions caused your injuries. Negligence involves proving that the other party failed to exercise reasonable care, leading to the accident.
- Duty of Care: You must establish that the party you're considering suing had a legal duty of care toward you. For example, drivers have a duty to follow traffic laws and drive safely to prevent accidents.
- Breach of Duty: You need to demonstrate that the responsible party breached their duty of care. This could be through actions like reckless driving, failure to maintain property, or violating safety regulations.
- Causation: There must be a clear link between the breach of duty and your injuries. You need to show that the defendant's actions directly caused your injuries or damages.
- Damages: You need to have suffered measurable damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, or property damage. These damages must be compensable under the law.
Each personal injury case is unique, and the specific details of your accident and injuries will play a crucial role in determining whether you have a valid claim. To get a definitive answer about whether you have a personal injury case, you should consult with an experienced Bradenton personal injury attorney at Dolman Law Group. We can review the details of your situation, evaluate the strength of your case, and guide you through the legal process.
If you are concerned about affording an injury attorney or fear challenging a major corporation or large insurance company, we are here to protect you with no upfront cost for our services.
We represent personal injury victims and their families based on a contingency fee basis, so we only receive fees from the compensation you receive at the conclusion of your case. Other reasons to hire our personal injury firm include:
- Working with experienced lawyers who understand how Florida laws apply to your unique situation
- Professional, skilled representation in negotiations and, if necessary, in court
- An increased chance of favorably settling your claim for more than you expected
- Peace of mind that you have an advocate who has your best interests at heart
Contact us today for a free consultation.
What Monetary Damages Are Available in a Personal Injury Claim?
Florida accident victims may receive compensation based on two types of damages that one settlement would encompass: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are based on noticeable, calculable financial costs and losses, such as loss of income, medical expenses, and the victim’s future wages based on earning capacity. Future treatments, including physical and mental health, are calculable losses for which you could also recover compensation.
Non-economic damages are considered subjective and have no preset monetary value. They cover costs such as pain and suffering, mental distress, loss of consortium, and the inability to return to the same quality of life you enjoyed before your accident.
What is "Pain and Suffering" in a Bradenton Personal Injury Claim?
In legal terminology, pain and suffering are the physical and emotional distress that often follows an incident where someone is injured. Regardless of severity, most victims experience some level of pain and suffering in almost all personal injury cases. Examples include continuous aches, limitations on physical activity, the potential for a shortened life, depression, PTSD, or physical scarring. When filing a personal injury lawsuit, plaintiffs commonly seek compensation for the pain and stress associated with their injury.
Our attorneys will evaluate your pain and suffering because we believe you deserve compensation for your intangible damages as much as your economic losses. We understand the industry norms and how the courts calculate these damages, and we use that knowledge and prior experience with similar cases to demand an appropriate amount for your non-economic losses.
How Long Do I Have to File a Bradenton Personal Injury Lawsuit in Court?
Injured Floridians have two years to file personal injury lawsuits in civil court, starting from the time they sustained an injury. If filing against city, county, or government agencies, the time period may be shorter. There are exceptions to the two-year rule, for example, if the injured person is a minor or does not discover the injuries until later on. Speak with an experienced Bradenton injury lawyer to know which deadlines apply to your situation.
How Much Does a Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
Most personal injury attorneys, including those at Dolman Law Group, represent injured clients on a contingency fee basis. Contingency fees are based on an outcome, and you won't have to pay any money upfront or receive legal bills in the mail each month. Instead, your attorney will cover all costs associated with litigation, including travel, paying staff, filing court costs, and so forth upfront. If your claim succeeds, they will get paid a percentage of those proceeds. If not, you owe no attorney’s fees to the law firm that agreed to represent you.
How Long Do Bradenton Personal Injury Cases Take to Settle?
All injury cases are unique. Each person’s specific claim will take different paths--some of which settle well before trial, while others need a jury to decide. With evidence, investigation, court hearings, discussions, and mounds of paperwork that your case requires, it’s difficult to put an exact time frame on your settlement. Our firm will maintain contact with you as your case progresses.
If I Was Partially At Fault, Can I Still Receive Compensation?
You can still recover damages in your personal injury even if you were somewhat involved with the creation of the accident. However, this may reduce the compensation you can recover based on the portion of fault assigned to you by the jury.
Florida modified its comparative negligence rule in March of 2023. The state now only allows injured parties to recover damages if they are less than 50% at fault for causing their injuries. This means that if the court finds you more than 50% responsible for causing your injuries, you may not pursue compensation, and the court may reduce your damages based on your percentage of fault.
For example, the court may find the defendant was 80% at fault but determines you were 20% at fault. In that case, it will only award you 80% of total damages.
When you work with a Bradenton personal injury attorney from Dolman Law Group, we will work diligently to hold the at-fault party 100% liable for your injuries, if possible. You can trust us to fight to help you get the full compensation you deserve.
What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process in Bradenton?
The personal injury claims process in Bradenton generally involves several steps, from the initial accident to the resolution of your claim. While the process can vary depending on the specifics of your case, the process begins after you suffered and received treatment for your serious Bradenton personal injuries and consulted an experienced personal injury lawyer for help.
Your attorney will likely first file a claim with the at-fault party's insurance company--and they can help you file a claim with your own insurer if you must first initiate a claim with them based on Florida's no-fault rule.
If the other party's negligence is clear, your attorney may send a demand letter to the at-fault party's insurance company outlining the details of the accident, the injuries sustained, and the compensation you are seeking. However, insurance companies often dispute liability, so your attorney may have to fight the insurer to get them to accept your claim. Even if they accept your claim, they will likely offer you a lowball settlement offer that will not cover the full extent of your injuries and losses.
The next step typically involves your attorney negotiating with the insurance company to try and obtain a favorable settlement that is fair and just. If the insurer refuses to negotiate a fair settlement, your attorney may advise taking them to court. This involves drafting and filing a formal complaint in court against the at-fault party and taking them to trial to have a judge or jury decide your case. Even after a lawsuit is filed, your attorney and the defendant parties may continue to negotiate. Settlement discussions can occur at various stages of the litigation process.
To prepare for trial, your lawyer will do through the discovery process. This is where both parties exchange information and evidence, which may involve depositions, requests for documents, and interrogatories.
At trial, both sides present their arguments and evidence, and a judge or jury makes a decision. The judge or jury will consider all evidence and render a verdict. If the court rules in your favor, it will award you the appropriate compensation.
Will I Have to Go to Trial?
It's important to note that most personal injury cases settle before trial, which is good for all parties involved. Most victims do not want to relive their accidents at trial, and insurance companies do not want to dump any more resources into legal fees than necessary. Nevertheless, the personal injury claims process can be complex, and each case is unique. An attorney from Dolman Law Group can advise you regarding the likelihood your case will proceed to trial and provide you with personalized guidance throughout the process to improve your chances of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Contact the Bradenton Personal Injury Lawyers at Dolman Law Group Today
No matter how careful you are, an accident of some sort may cause undue hardship in your life. If you have been injured by someone else's negligent, careless, or reckless behavior, count on Dolman Law Group to hold the negligent party accountable and help you put your life back on track. A compassionate personal injury attorney in our Bradenton office is ready to get to work for you.
6703 14th Street West Suite 207
Bradenton, FL 34207
Phone: (941) 613-5747
What Our Clients Have to Say:
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I can't express enough praise to Brent and his team for the superb results they achieved on my mother's personal injury case. Brent was very hands on with our case and had a genuine interest in my mother's well being. He has an amazing ability to explain all of the moving parts in a personal injury case. We were well informed of every aspect of our case and never felt confused for one moment. I would without a doubt recommend his services! Thank you again Brent !” - Jamie Saffran
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!" - Koralis R.
Read more reviews on Google!
Bradenton Emergency Rooms and Urgent Care Centers
If you or a loved one sustained severe injuries in a Bradenton accident caused by someone else, seek immediate medical attention from any of the following area emergency rooms or urgent care centers:
- Manatee Memorial Hospital - Emergency Room (ER): 206 2nd St E, Bradenton, FL 34208
- HCA Florida Blake Hospital Emergency Room: 59th Street West, 21st Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34209
- ER at Bayshore Gardens: 5506 14th St W, Bradenton, FL 34207
- HCA Florida Sarasota Doctors North Emergency: 8500 State Road 70 E, Bradenton, FL 34202
*Disclaimer – Dolman Law Group does not endorse these medical providers, nor do we profit from having them listed on our website.
- Manatee County Courthouse: 1101 6th Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34205
- Manatee County Judicial Center: 1051 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34205
- Manatee County Clerk of Circuit Court: 1115 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34205
Neighborhoods We Serve in Bradenton
Dolman Law Group serves the following neighborhoods in Bradenton: