Florida is notorious for its heavy traffic, especially in popular areas like Boca Raton. Residents and visitors to Boca Raton spend plenty of time in the car driving to the area’s famous golf courses, beaches, and parks. Accidents are commonplace in the area. Fortunately, most are minor crashes that don’t lead to injuries. However, sometimes severe Boca Raton car accidents occur, leading to life-altering injuries.
Major car accidents come with high physical, emotional, and financial costs. You shouldn’t have to suffer because of another party’s negligence. If you have sustained injuries in a Boca Raton car accident, Florida law permits you to seek compensation for damages related to the accident and your injuries.
An experienced Boca Raton car accident lawyer from Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can help you navigate the claims process. Our firm has advocated for car accident victims since 2004. Contact us today to discuss your Boca Raton car accident, injuries, and eligibility to recover compensation.
- Why Choose Dolman Law Group for Your Boca Raton Car Accident Injury Claim
- A Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer Can Take On the Insurance Company for You
- Compensation in Boca Raton Accident Claims
- Auto Accident Statistics in Boca Raton & Florida
- Reported Car Accidents Involving Injuries in Boca Raton
- Dangerous Intersections in Boca Raton
- Statute of Limitations for Boca Raton Car Accident Claims
- Types of Injuries in Boca Raton Car Accident Claims
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Boca Raton Car Accident
- What to Do After Suffering Injuries in a Boca Raton Car Accident
- What Causes Boca Raton Car Accidents?
- Our Boca Raton Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You Collect Damages
- How Our Compassionate Team of Boca Raton Car Accident Attorneys Can Help
- Boca Raton Car Accident FAQs
- Contact an Experienced Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer at Dolman Law Group Today
Why Choose Dolman Law Group for Your Boca Raton Car Accident Injury Claim
Your health needs to be the top priority as you heal from your injuries. Dealing with insurance companies and their questionable tactics to avoid financial liability eats up important time accident victims need for rehabilitation. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, knows how to communicate with insurance companies to get the best outcome for clients.
The skilled legal team at Dolman Law Group has ample experience fighting for clients who have suffered car accident injuries. Members of the firm continue to receive national recognition for their client advocacy and professional excellence.
Prestigious organizations such as the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Best Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, and Super Lawyers have given accolades to many members of Dolman Law Group’s team.
Our Boca Raton car accident lawyers are committed to helping victims of negligence fight for justice and obtain the best financial outcome for their car accident claims.
Examples of recent car accident case results include:
- $5,000,000 for a client who sustained burn injuries
- $1,000,000 for car accident injuries
- $775,000 for car accident injuries sustained by a father and son
- $425,000 for a lower back injury sustained in a car accident
- $380,000 for a herniated disc sustained in a rear-end collision
- $270,000 for a Chiari malformation and herniated disc sustained in a car accident
- $220,000 for a central disc profusion sustained in a T-bone car accident
- $150,000 for a herniated disc sustained in a minor car accident
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, has the experience and resources to advocate for you in your Boca Raton car accident claim. We understand how to deal with insurance providers and aren’t intimidated by their large legal teams. One of our skilled lawyers can handle the details of your Boca Raton car accident injury claim while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
We represent clients throughout Florida. However, we have an office conveniently located along the canals of Lake Rogers at 3200 North Federal Highway for those who live in Boca Raton and neighboring Palm Beach County cities, including Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Riviera Beach, and West Palm Beach.
We prefer to meet new clients in person for a free consultation, but sometimes injuries and other challenges make this impossible. We also offer convenient virtual consultations for those who cannot meet. Submit details about your Boca Raton car accident case or call us to discuss the details of your case, your injuries, and the best path forward for your circumstances.
Video Transcript: Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer
Hey, I'm Stan Gipe and I'm here with my partner, the other Dolman most people never get to see. It's Becky Dolman here.
And we're here for another edition of our David versus Goliath podcast. And today I think we're going to hit on, it may seem common sense to some people, but there's a lot that goes into it. But really more issues I guess as to why it's important if you get into an accident in the Boca Raton area, why is it important that you get an attorney and/or get one sort of quickly to deal with the problems? Now, Becky and I go through this stuff all the time, and what we always see is clients think it's kind of common sense. Well, I got injured, liability is clear, my injury is clear. Why do I need an attorney to get paid? And yeah, in general, if liability is clear and you've got an injury, that's the threshold you need to get paid from an insurance company.
And in theory, if an insurance company was looking to go out of their way and do the right thing and show you all the things you needed to give them and how they were evaluating the claim, you may be able to do this yourself. Problem is that's not the way it works. As soon as you go into this, and Becky can talk a little bit more about this, but as soon as you go into this, the insurance company has already started a process to devalue your claim. They're going to do everything they can to keep you from getting money. And as an attorney, you kind of got to do the opposite side. Becky, when people kind of first come into the firm, more like the very first things we're trying to make sure that they're aware of on their claims.
Yeah and I think what Stan said is so important. I know, especially when you're dealing with your own insurance carrier, if we're dealing with the UM or underinsured, you expect that they're going to be there to help you. But that's typically not the case. Insurance companies like to limit the value of claims. They don't want to have to pay them out. It's always important to have an advocate, an attorney, on your side who understands this with the insurance companies and that can help lead you through the process of the case.
For instance, if you're talking to an insurance company, they're going to tell you, "Hey, we want to do the right thing. We want to pay your claim." They're not going to tell you, "You need to get your butt out to the doctor and document your claim and document what's wrong." Because as soon as you do that, you're costing them money. It's the attorney that knows, it's kind of like this, you learn from your mistakes and you learn in hindsight, the vision's perfect. We've done this thousands of times, we've seen what insurance companies do, we've seen the tricks, we've seen things that they use against clients. What you may think is being a reasonable person, "Hey, I've got a back complaint, I've got a neck complaint, I've got a shoulder complaint." A normal person in a normal setting, you might wait a week to see if it's resolved.
You might wait and see if it goes away without care. That week you wait is what an insurance company's going to call a gap in treatment. They're going to say, "Hey, if he was really that injured, he would've been at the doctor. No one who has that kind of injury is going to wait a week to go treat for it." And they begin stacking the chips against you. First thing you got is day one, we don't want to have any gaps in treatment.
Now the other thing is, and Becky, you might get into this a little bit more too is, if you do not have an insurance company, you are making statements to the insurance company about your claim. You're the one that's talking to them. And how many times, Becky, has it been, that we've gotten into a claim where someone's tried to handle it in the beginning themselves and no matter how well intentioned they may have been, no matter how much they were trying to tell the truth, they've said stuff to the insurance company that has now forever sort of changed their claim in a bad way.
Correct and there's many reasons for that. You could do a statement with the insurance company before your real injury set in, for instance, with a whiplash or something like that. It could take a few days for you to feel the effects of that injury. Well, so if you don't feel the effects of that injury until day three, but you spoke to the insurance company on day one or two and said, "Oh, it's not that bad." When you try to then later say, "Actually I did feel injured." They'll say, "Well, look at what you said on day one or day two. You said it wasn't that bad."
Another thing I've noticed, and this is especially with women, is that we tend to downplay anything that's wrong with us. If you don't talk to your attorney first and you talk directly to the insurance company and they're asking you about your injuries, oftentimes there's an, "Yeah, I hurt here, but it's not that bad. I think I can deal with it." Things like this, which is terrible for your case, which you should never say if it's not true. It's just something that typically women do when they're talking about injuries to themselves. It's important to talk to your attorney first, to make sure you're giving the proper information on your ailments and that you're saying it in a way that doesn't look wishy-washy later.
Well, and I'll take it even one step further because the insurance company is going to spin what you say, and I've had this exact scenario pop up. Insurance company speaks to the person and says, "Hey, how are you doing today?" They say, "Oh, I'm doing okay." And then continue with the rest of the conversation about facts of the accident, et cetera, that, "I'm doing okay," doesn't get recorded on a conversation, but what happens is the insurance adjuster makes notes and in the insurance company adjuster's notes, "I'm doing okay," equates to claimant denies injury. And you're thinking, "Well, no, I just said it's okay because that's how we talk," but it's going to be used against you and you're not going to know that for three or four months down the road. And then somewhere they're going to go, "Well, they spoke to our insurance adjuster three days after the accident and denied any injury whatsoever."
And now you got this person scratching, "I don't remember calling them and saying I wasn't injured." But that's sort of the subtle twist and subtle things insurance companies do. The other thing, your primary care doctor, your standard doctors are not going to want to deal with these injuries. 95% of them aren't familiar with the billing structure. They're not familiar with the notes that need to be there and the way these files need to be documented. What happens is you get this file, you go to this doctor who's truly, truly worried about getting you better. Well, in my setting, let's say you've got the flu. You go to a doctor, all that doctor's got to worry about is getting you better from the flu. In our setting, we need someone to confirm that you didn't have the flu two days earlier and that the flu was caused by an interaction with a specific person.
Most doctors don't care about that. They don't care what caused the injury as much as they care about fixing it. In our industry, I need someone who's going to carefully document the cause and work to document that it wasn't there before the accident, because the insurance company always hires a doctor. These doctors are known as compulsory medical examination doctors. And I guess I got to be careful about what I say about them when we're out here in public. But inevitably, 95% to 99% of the time, they see a person who has had injuries and had all these different things. They can't seem to find an injury related to an accident or if there was an injury related to the accident, it went away. It was a brief sprained strain type of scenario.
If we've got our doctor, who's your primary treating doctor, who really doesn't care about causation, he's like, "Look, I don't care about that. I just trusted what this guy said." And an insurance company doctor who's going to advocate against causation, you're in a bad position. You need to have a doctor on the front end who knows how to document the causative aspects of the claim, so when that insurance company doctor gets in, it's already there.
I can't tell you how many times we get the call go out, "Well, I was going to handle this on my own, but now it's really not working out right, it's kind of going south." Once it's going south, it's too late. We can't get in there and fix what should have been done in the beginning. That's why you see it all the time. You see that it's super important to get out there and call an attorney right off the bat. It's super important, even if you don't want to make a claim, we will give you free advice. We'll tell you how to get the car fixed. We'll tell you how everything works. We'll point out the different aspects of the claim you need to know about. If at the end of that phone call you don't want to sign up with us, that's fine, but you at least, everyone needs to know there are important aspects of the claim.
Insurance companies work right away to stop you from getting the money you deserve. It's important that you have an advocate on your side. We'd love it if people chose us. We want your business, we want everyone to hire us. But if for some reason, you're not hiring us, you're listening to this podcast and you've got an allegiance with someone else, hire someone, just make sure you got someone who knows what they're doing, navigating you through that process, because I can promise you at the end of the day when you turn around and look back, if you've not done it before, you're going to be amazed at how some of the things that you did, to be honest, with a somewhat naive approach to the insurance company, really come back to bite you in the butt.
Yes. And I would say one last caveat to discuss is the importance of taking photographs of the scene when your accident occurs. This is a thing that you get into your accident and you haven't hired an attorney yet or talked to anybody. If you can take any kind of documentation from the scene, witnesses' names, photographs, these are all wonderful things that are going to help whatever attorney you hire, pursue your claim.
Okay, and I will tell you, if you can get this, the single biggest thing you want to get, if you can't get the police there, even if you can, if you can get the defendant on tape admitting that the accident is his fault. We're in Florida, you were at the accident. You saw what happened, you know the other guy ran the red light, because you were there. You get the police report. The police report says the other guy ran the red light, because you know what, he admitted that to the cop at the scene. We got it all buttoned up, and a year down the road, you get to a deposition, other guy says, "Well, I didn't run the red light. It was the other person that ran the red light." Well, guess what? Police reports not admissible. Can't use that, there's a law in the state of Florida that says you cannot use the police report.
Suddenly, who do you have there to verify that this other person ran the red light? Nobody. You're in a he said, she said scenario, where each one of you's pointing the finger at the other, and it's a horrible situation to be in. The police report is not admissible. No matter what it says, you can't get it in front of a jury. If the person on the other side is going to deny what happened, is going to now blame you after the fact, that's a real problem and you have to deal with it.
These are all things that we begin dealing with right away. We can look at this and go, "Okay, we don't have a solid witness on the police report. Are there some cameras? Did anyone see it?" We start reaching out and getting these things. There's a lot of stuff that an attorney does in the inception of the claim, which may seem routine or may not seem important, but down the road, you're going to be so glad you had someone point you in the right direction at that first stage of the claim. Becky, let me ask you, we've got a very robust website. Where is it that people can one, locate more information about their claims?
Well, of course you can go and look at any of these blogs that we have done previously on the website. There's also a plethora of information on each of the practice pages that tell you everything you need to know about hiring an attorney and these steps that you should go through when making that choice.
Yeah, if you go to dolmanlaw.com, that's going to be the big overall starting point, you can find information on just about any claim you want. You can find contact information for us anywhere, anytime. You can reach us anytime on the internet. The best way to reach us is at domanlaw.com, via the internet. And we've also got an 800, our toll free number you can reach out and call us on, or you can email us. Becky, do you have our 855 number there?
Yes. You can reach us at 833-55-CRASH, C-R-A-S-H.
Yes or on dolmanlaw.com. Those are two primary ways to reach us. But even if you're just thinking about it or we've peaked your interest, you get a couple questions, go to the website, you can find more information on anything we've discussed there today. But yeah, it's always a pleasure talking to you and any questions you got, reach out to our firm, we're always happy to help even if you just have an inquiry.
It's been another episode of David versus Goliath, a little short one today, just to get some information out there for people in Boca Raton. But people can feel free to reach out to us at any time for any reason.
A Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer Can Take On the Insurance Company for You
A sudden car accident can disrupt your life in many ways. Many injuries require you to stop everything and undergo treatment, which may include the inability to work or engage in your usual activities. In addition, car accident injuries can be painful and difficult to deal with. Some victims may even suffer permanent injuries - a constant reminder of their car wreck for the remainder of their life.
While dealing with the aftermath of a car wreck is never easy, receiving compensation for your harm and losses can ease the stress and financial burden of a serious injury. However, many car accident victims might be unsure of their rights or the necessary steps to take to seek compensation. Whether you need to bring an insurance company claim or file a car accident lawsuit, you don't have to face these challenges alone.
Dolman Law Group is a law firm comprised of experienced car accident lawyers with the necessary financial resources to take on any corporate defendant, including the largest insurance carriers. Our Boca Raton car accident lawyers can help you pursue your legal options for compensation. Please call our office or contact us online to speak with an experienced car accident attorney and learn more about our services today.
Compensation in Boca Raton Accident Claims
If you sustain injuries in a Boca Raton car accident caused by negligence, Florida law permits you to sue for damages to recover losses incurred because of the accident and your injuries.
Each car accident claim has different underlying facts that impact the amount and type of compensation a victim of negligence might receive in a settlement or jury award.
Damages commonly included in car accident claims compensate victims for:
- Medical treatment costs, including ambulance transport, emergency room treatment, surgery, hospitalization, diagnostic scans and tests, prescription medication, doctor visits, and transportation to and from the doctor
- Estimated future medical treatment costs when a Boca Raton car accident leads to a permanent condition or injury that requires continuous treatment or care
- Rehabilitation costs for specialized treatment like physical therapy, occupational therapy, mental health services, and other treatment that helps car accident victims face the physical and emotional struggles related to their injuries
- Lost income from missing work due to the accident, injuries, and recovery
- Estimated lost future income when a Boca Raton car accident leads to injuries that prevent someone from returning to their job or seeking future employment
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
Several factors can impact the amount and type of compensation a victim might receive if they prevail in their car accident claim.
- Nature and severity of injuries. Those who suffer the most severe car accident injuries or suffer injuries that leave permanent scars typically receive more compensation. Severe injuries that take a long time to heal provide grounds to seek compensation for pain and suffering and other noneconomic damages.
- Total economic loss. Severe injuries translate to more economic loss because of more medical treatment costs and more lost income. Those who incur the most economic loss after a car accident often have high-value claims.
- Likelihood of a full recovery. Permanent injuries leave car accident victims with a lifetime of issues. Some suffer from chronic pain, arthritis, and headaches. Others suffer a permanent functional loss that impacts their ability to perform daily tasks or work. Those who do not fully recover from their injuries often receive more compensation.
An experienced Boca Rotan car accident lawyer from Dolman Law Group can review your claim, investigate the facts of the accident, gather documents, and consult with relevant experts to advise you on the amount and type of compensation that applies to your case.
Hiring the Right Car Accident Lawyer Won't Add to Your Financial Worries
Our Boca Raton personal injury firm has a contingency-fee policy, meaning our car accident lawyer fees are contingent upon winning your case. A car accident lawyer from our firm will never charge fees upfront to get started on auto accident cases or request our attorney's fees before securing an auto insurance settlement or court award for our clients.
Auto Accident Statistics in Boca Raton & Florida
You can go years without being involved in a crash, but it is important to be aware that a crash can happen at any time. Accidents are more common than most people realize, and the following are some statistics from 2020 from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV):
- 569,182 drivers were involved in 341,399 reported accidents
- On average, 933 crashes happened each day
- Accidents caused 196,818 injuries
- Accidents caused 15,614 incapacitating injuries
- Accidents caused 3,332 fatalities
These statistics are staggering and demonstrate that you are at risk of getting into a crash anytime you drive. While you can never be fully prepared to handle severe injuries, you should know that you have rights and help is available.
Reported Car Accidents Involving Injuries in Boca Raton
Dangerous Intersections in Boca Raton
Most car accidents occur in intersections, which are planned points of conflict. Some intersections are controlled with stoplights, stop signs, and other traffic devices. Other intersections are uncontrolled. Both types can be dangerous for different reasons.
State and federal government organizations study car accidents in Florida and throughout the United States. Their research shows that some Palm Beach County intersections see far more car accidents than others.
They include two major intersections in Boca Raton, both on Glades Road.
- Glades Road and State Road 7 sees more than 100 traffic crashes each year.
- Glades Road and Airport Road see more than 75 crashes each year.
According to data from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), Boca Raton has a high traffic accident rate for its population.
Other dangerous roads in Boca Raton include:
- U.S. Highway 1 between Mizner Boulevard and Spanish River Boulevard
- Palmetto Park Road
- North Military Trail between Yamato Road and Clint Moore Road
Statute of Limitations for Boca Raton Car Accident Claims
If you sustain injuries in a Boca Raton car accident, you have four years from the date of the accident to bring a lawsuit against the party responsible for the accident and your injuries. If a loved one lost their life in a Boca Raton car accident, the law allows two years for eligible family members to bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party.
Even though you have some time to take legal action after your Boca Raton car accident, it’s best to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible. If you miss the statute of limitations deadline, you risk losing out on the opportunity to recover damages for your car accident injuries because a court will not hear your case. Additionally, you lose your leverage for settlement negotiations with the insurance company.
Finally, the strength of the evidence that supports your claim can diminish or disappear as time goes on. Video evidence gets lost, and eyewitness testimony is less reliable. The sooner you consult with a lawyer, the sooner they can investigate your car accident and gather evidence to support your case and protect the value of your claim.
Types of Injuries in Boca Raton Car Accident Claims
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, serves clients who have sustained various types of injuries in Boca Raton car accidents.
Examples of car accident injuries that could lead to a Boca Raton car accident claim include:
- Broken bones. Minor breaks might not provide a strong enough reason to hire a lawyer, but multiple fractures and complex fractures, especially those that require surgery, can be costly to treat and leave victims with lifelong complications.
- Traumatic brain injuries. Car accidents are among the top causes of traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Those who suffer permanent damage from a TBI face decades of challenges with brain function.
- Neck and back injuries. Car accidents, especially those that occur at high speeds, can contort the body in varied positions, causing herniated discs, broken vertebrae, and other injuries along the spinal column.
- Amputations. The impact of a car crash can pin and crush limbs, sometimes leading to life-altering amputations.
- Burns. If a car accident results in a fire or an explosion, those involved risk severe burns that sometimes require one or more surgeries.
- Internal injuries. Car accidents can lead to dangerous, sometimes deadly, internal injuries like broken ribs, organ damage, and internal hemorrhaging.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Boca Raton Car Accident
Auto insurance companies protect their profits by avoiding financial liability whenever they can. This means they take every measure to deny or devalue a claim. Once you or the negligent motorist that caused your accident files a claim with their auto insurance provider, the company will assign an adjuster. The adjuster investigates the claim to decide whether to approve it.
Hiring a Boca Raton car accident attorney is key to protecting the value of your accident injury claim. A lawyer can protect your rights and prevent the insurance company from using questionable tactics to avoid financial liability.
For example, insurance companies have claimants sign forms to release their medical records. Some try to get an entire history to search for another event or pre-existing injuries. A lawyer will ensure that the insurance company only gets records related to your Boca Raton car accident.
What to Do After Suffering Injuries in a Boca Raton Car Accident
Healing is your top priority after sustaining car accident injuries. However, you can take a few steps to give you the best chance of recovering maximum compensation for your injuries.
Following these guidelines make it more difficult for the insurance company to deny or devalue your Boca Raton car accident claim:
- Keep all medical appointments and follow your treatment plan. Following the doctors’ orders make it difficult for the other side to downplay their injuries.
- Keep copies of documents that prove your economic loss, including medical bills, receipts, and pay stubs, to share with your attorney.
- Order a copy of the official crash report.
- Keep a journal to record the impact your injuries have had on your life, including pain, stress, missed activities, and financial hardship.
Provide all the information above to your lawyer during your first meeting, so they can review the facts of your case and determine if you have a viable claim. Also, provide contact information for any eyewitnesses that you have and any photos or videos you took of the accident scene and damage to your car.
What Causes Boca Raton Car Accidents?
It is important to identify what caused your Boca Raton car accident and whether another party may be held liable - especially in cases involving serious injuries. Someone can be held liable if their negligence led to the crash, which means that they breached their duty to drive safely in some way. Your car accident lawyer will gather evidence to prove fault in your claim.
There are many different acts of negligence that may be involved in car accident cases, including the following:
- Distracted driving - In recent years, Florida has ranked as the second-worst state for distracted drivers and has some of the least stringent texting and driving laws in the entire United States, according to the Sun-Sentinel. Distracted drivers are a real threat on Florida roads, and Boca Raton is no different. While many driving distractions do involve smartphones and other handheld devices, even hands-free technology can cause serious distractions, often while the driver believes they are being safe. Distracted drivers can operate their cars erratically or may not notice traffic or obstacles until it is too late to avoid a serious crash.
- Impaired driving - Even though every driver should fully recognize the risks and potential consequences of drunk or drugged driving, people continually make the dangerous decision to drive while they are impaired. While law enforcement officers are on the lookout for drunk drivers, it is impossible to catch every driver, and often, a driver will cause a serious crash before they are arrested. While an arrest can lead to criminal consequences, it can do surprisingly little to compensate accident victims for their injuries and losses. Instead, victims of impaired driving crashes should contact an attorney who understands how to handle this type of case and protect their rights.
- Aggressive driving - It's all too easy to become frustrated or impatient with other drivers, especially if you are in a rush. Some drivers allow such frustration to escalate and cause them to become aggressive on the road or develop road rage. Aggressive drivers can be erratic, can violate numerous traffic laws, and may even try to threaten or injure other drivers on purpose. If you see signs of aggressive driving, you should always give that vehicle space, and if you are hit by an aggressive driver, our law firm is here to help.
- Violating traffic laws - Florida has hundreds of traffic laws on the books, all of which are intended to keep motorists safe. When a driver fails to adhere to these laws, they put others at risk of serious accidents and injuries. Some common dangerous violations include speeding, following too closely, failing to obey signs and signals, and failure to yield, among many others. Like drunk driving, a traffic citation or arrest is not enough to ensure that accident victims are properly compensated for their losses.
The above are only some examples of negligence that can cause Boca Raton car accidents. Our attorneys can evaluate what happened and advise you about your options to recover your losses.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries: Injuries suffered to the head that damage the brain. These injuries can be caused by either a direct blow to the head or by violent shaking of the head as well. These injuries typically result in the impairment of a person's cognitive abilities and can potentially be permanent. Common traumatic brain injuries include concussions, brain contusions, and coup contrecoup injuries.
- Spinal cord injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can affect the body's ability to send and receive messages to and from the brain to the rest of the body. A common effect of a severe spinal cord injury is paralysis. Spinal cord injuries can often be permanent and cause incontinence, motor function issues, and limb sensation issues.
- Broken or fractured bones: The immense trauma that can come with a car accident can easily lead to a driver's or passenger's bones being broken or fractured. Depending on which bones were affected, the severity can vary greatly. Broken hips, vertebrae, and pelvises can often be very serious. Broken legs and arms can be less severe, but they can knock people out of commission for long periods of time.
- Whiplash: When someone is struck by a car, their head may jerk violently due to the inertia of their body moving while another force acts on the vehicle. These immense forces acting on a person's head and neck can cause whiplash, which can end up being serious if untreated. Whiplash can cause severe headaches and pain in the neck and back.
Our Boca Raton Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You Collect Damages
Every Boca Raton car crash is different, and victims can have extremely varied injuries and losses. Some damages a car accident lawyer may be able to help you get compensation for after a crash may include:
- Costs of past and future medical expenses
- Lost income from missed work
- Lost earnings if a victim is unable to return to work
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injuries
Some injuries may require a course of medical treatment to heal, but an injury victim may be able to return to life as they knew it in a few weeks or months. However, medical treatment is costly, and any lost income can negatively affect your household finances.
Even if your injuries were not life-changing, you still deserve full financial recovery. On the other hand, some car accidents can permanently disrupt the lives of victims. Your exact medical bills, lost wages, future medical needs, and other damages will affect the financial recovery you can receive.
Economic and Non-Economic Damages May Be Available for a Collision
When someone suffers a permanent injury that causes impairments or disabilities, almost every aspect of their life can change. The financial losses may be ongoing and devastating, as can the pain and suffering that comes with catastrophic injuries.
These cases can be particularly complex, as you must consider the lifelong losses you face. There is so much on the line, and it is critical that you have a legal team with the knowledge and resources to represent you in these claims. At Dolman Law Group, Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we know that your situation after a car accident is unique and that your injuries and losses can have a serious impact on your life.
Our Boca Raton car accident lawyer will handle all types of injury cases, including those involving permanent injuries. Please do not hesitate to call to learn more about how we may help you. We want to take the legal burdens off your shoulders during this time - this way, you can focus on your health and on your medical care.
Your Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer Will Pursue the Financial Relief You Need
Car accident claims in Boca Raton are no simple matter. First, in many cases, the law requires you to file a claim with your own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance, even if you were not at fault (Florida Statutes § 627.736). Personal injury protection insurance coverage is limited, however, and often does not fully cover car accident losses. Even if your losses are within the policy limits, receiving full compensation from PIP coverage can be difficult - even though it is your own insurance policy.
You may want to discuss your situation with a Boca Raton car accident attorney before filing your claim or accepting any settlement offer. If your injuries are serious, it is likely that your PIP policy will not be sufficient to cover your losses. If this is the case, your lawyer can identify whether you have the right to take additional action by filing a claim against the at-fault driver's insurance policy.
You may need to file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver to receive the settlement offer you deserve. Our Boca Raton car accident lawyers develop legal strategies in each case to best protect your rights to full compensation, and we handle every step of the insurance and litigation process.
How Our Compassionate Team of Boca Raton Car Accident Attorneys Can Help
The lawyers at Dolman Law Group understand how stressful a car accident can be. We have seen the struggles of our clients with serious injuries and new financial, physical, and emotional challenges in life. We handle all aspects of your case to ease your stress and allow you to focus on your recovery from your injuries. Our car accident legal services include:
- Listening to your account of the collision during a free consultation
- Reviewing the accident report and other evidence to determine the accident's cause
- Identifying the liable parties and building a case against them
- Estimating the case's value based on your injuries, expenses, and losses
- Navigating insurance policies and filing the necessary paperwork
- Negotiating for a fair settlement that accounts for your damages
- Determining how long you have to file a lawsuit before the filing deadline expires
- Advocating for you in and out of court
- Providing insight and guidance so you can feel confident in your case
This is a law firm that other firms often refer their biggest and most complicated cases to. Whether you need a personal injury lawyer in Tampa or a car accident attorney in Boca Raton, Dolman Law is here to help the people of Florida to seek justice.
Car crash victims often wonder when to get a lawyer for an auto accident. The sooner you call us, the sooner we can review your case and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Boca Raton Car Accident FAQs
If you recently sustained injuries in a Boca Raton car accident, you might feel unsure about what to do next and have various questions about hiring a lawyer and the legal process of recovering damages. It’s best to consult with an experienced Boca Raton car accident lawyer as soon as possible to learn about the best course of action for your situation.
A skilled member of the team at Dolman Law Group Accident and Injury Lawyers, PA, can review your case, determine your eligibility for compensation, and answer specific questions you might have about taking legal action after a Boca Raton car accident. Until you have the chance to meet with an attorney, the answers to the following frequently asked questions about Boca Raton car accidents and the process of seeking compensation for damages offer some preliminary information.
I Know I Suffered Injuries Because I’m Sore. Do I Still Have to Go to the Emergency Room?
Sometimes people walk away from a car accident without any visible injuries, so they deny medical treatment when an ambulance comes to the scene of the accident. If you’ve been in a Boca Raton car accident in the last few days, you need to get checked out by a doctor.
Soreness might indicate minor soft tissue injuries, but it can also indicate serious invisible injuries. For example, a headache might indicate a brain injury. Soreness in the abdomen or chest can indicate broken ribs or organ damage. If left untreated, invisible injuries can cause more damage and sometimes lead to death.
Additionally, you need medical documentation of your injuries to support your Boca Raton car accident claim. Visiting the emergency room and following up with your regular doctor protects your health and ensures you have an official record of any symptoms related to invisible injuries.
How Do Florida’s No-Fault Insurance Laws Affect My Boca Raton Car Accident Claim?
Florida requires all residents who register a vehicle to carry a $10,000 minimum of personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage to comply with the state’s no-fault insurance laws. Before you bring a lawsuit against another party after an accident, you need to file a claim against your PIP policy with your auto insurance provider.
In Florida, PIP insurance pays up to 80 percent of medical treatment costs and 60 percent of lost income. PIP coverage also extends to others in your household if they sustained injuries in the accident.
The purpose of PIP coverage is to allow people to get some financial relief after an accident, so they can quickly get back to life. In cases with extremely minor injuries, it might make sense not to take additional legal action. Your lawyer will review your case and advise you on the right course of action for your situation.
Severe car accidents come with high medical expenses and ample time away from work, so they quickly meet or exceed Florida’s $10,000 minimum PIP coverage. Once you meet or exceed your limit, a lawyer can help you step outside the no-fault system to recover compensation for your injuries beyond PIP benefits.
What Types of Damages Could I Recover in a Boca Raton Car Accident Injury Claim?
Each car accident has underlying facts and circumstances that impact the type of damages someone receives in a settlement or jury verdict from an insurance claim and/or lawsuit. Car accident injury claims usually include compensation for economic losses, such as medical treatment costs, lost income, and costs for replacement services or outside help.
Claims also include money for noneconomic losses that compensate victims of negligence for how their injuries have affected their lives in ways that are difficult to quantify. Common noneconomic damages include pain and suffering, reduced quality of life, and loss of consortium.
An experienced member of the legal team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can review the facts of your case and advise you on which types of damages apply to your circumstances.
How Much Money Could I Recover for My Boca Raton Car Accident Injuries?
We cannot promise a specific amount of money for your Boca Raton car accident injury claim. Each case has different facts that add to or detract from the value of the claim. The scope of your injuries, liability disputes, insurance policy limits, and whether your case goes to trial can all impact the total amount of compensation you might receive.
Your total economic loss also affects the damages you could recover for your car accident injuries. High medical bills and an extended absence from work usually lead to more compensation. Finally, Boca Raton car accident victims who suffer permanent injuries and cannot return to their job usually receive more compensation than those who fully recover from their injuries.
How Do I Recover Damages After a Hit-and-Run Car Accident in Boca Raton?
The opportunity to recover damages beyond PIP benefits depends on whether the police locate the hit-and-run driver who caused your car accident. If law enforcement finds the driver, you can proceed like you would with any other accident injury claim. However, if the other driver doesn’t turn up, you have to take a different path.
If you’ve purchased uninsured motorist (UM) coverage, you can file a claim with your insurance company. This coverage is optional in Florida, but if you have it, you can collect benefits up to the policy limit after a hit-and-run. Your insurance company will investigate the accident like any other claim.
How Do I Get an Official Crash Report Report After My Boca Raton Car Accident?
Each person involved in a Boca Raton car accident has the legal right to receive a copy of the official accident report submitted to the State of Florida. The state’s Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) keeps all official crash reports.
You need to wait a week or two for the reporting law enforcement officer to complete the official accident report and upload it to the system. Once the report is in the system, you can order a copy online, request one in person, or request to receive a copy through the mail.
You can find official accident reports online at the Florida Crash Portal. You need to pay $10 for the report and a $2 convenience fee for your online order. Once you complete the transaction, you can download the crash report immediately. If you prefer to request a copy in person, you can visit the nearest Florida Highway Patrol Troop Station and pay the fee to receive the official accident report for your Boca Raton car accident.
Do I Have to Go to Court for My Boca Raton Car Accident Case?
It’s unlikely your Boca Raton car accident case will go to trial because most accident claims settle long before going in front of a judge or jury. Yet, you should be prepared for the possibility. Most traffic accident claims settle because litigation is costly.
In most cases, reaching a settlement is better for both sides than dragging out a case for months or years to go to trial. However, settlement negotiations do not always end favorably. Sometimes going to trial is the only way for victims of negligence to receive fair compensation, especially if the other side is disputing the facts of the claim and refuses to offer fair compensation.
One of the team members at Dolman Law Group can review your claim and advise you on the likelihood of your case going to trial.
How Long Will it Take to Resolve My Boca Raton Car Accident Case?
It’s difficult to offer an exact time frame for resolving a car accident claim. Sometimes both sides reach an agreement and settle within a few months. Other cases can take years to resolve, especially if they need to go to trial. The scope and severity of someone’s injuries often create the largest delay in the resolution timeline. Your lawyer cannot accurately value your accident claim until they know the extent of your car accident injuries and your long-term prognosis.
Going to trial is another major event that can extend the resolution timeline. Litigation includes preparing for trial, depositions, scheduling witnesses, and much more, often adding months or more to the timeline. Finally, multi-party car accidents complicate the situation. These cases typically take longer to negotiate and longer to prepare for trial. Your lawyer can review your claim and give you a rough timeline for your circumstances.
What Should I Do if an Insurance Carrier Makes Me a Settlement Offer?
Never accept a settlement offer from an insurance company after an accident without consulting with an attorney. Insurance carriers sometimes make early offers to avoid a large payout later on. These early offers are often far lower than the value of the claim. Insurance companies protect their profits by getting claimants, especially those facing financial hardship, to accept a tempting offer.
Once you accept an offer, you must waive your right to sue and seek additional compensation for the same event and injuries. This poses a problem if your injuries do not fully heal. You can be left without the funds you need for proper treatment because the insurance company has no legal obligation to give you more money.
Instead, contact a lawyer immediately if an insurance company makes an offer. Let the lawyer review the offer and discuss it with you. In most cases, an initial offer can be a starting point for negotiations.
Your lawyer can discuss your prognosis with your doctor and place a fair value on your claim to begin negotiations. Your lawyer can communicate with the insurance company and pursue the maximum compensation commensurate with your Boca Raton car accident injuries.
Can I Afford a Boca Raton Car Accident Injury Lawyer to Represent Me?
Absolutely, you can afford a lawyer. Don’t let financial concerns impact your decision to get the legal help you need. You increase your chance of recovering compensation for your injuries when you have an experienced car accident lawyer advocating for you.
Everyone deserves legal representation when another party’s negligence harms them. When you hire a car accident injury lawyer, you do not have to pay a retainer upfront like you would for a tax lawyer or estate planner.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, accepts new clients on a contingent fee basis. Once we determine a client has a viable car accident claim during our initial meeting, we can begin working on a case. We deduct attorney fees and other legal costs from any money you receive in a settlement or jury award on behalf of our efforts.
How Can a Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Car accident lawyers help their clients in various ways to obtain compensation for losses related to the accident and their injuries. Their services indirectly help others.
Car accident lawyers help prevent others from falling victim to the same negligent party by holding them accountable for their actions. If this is your first car accident and you haven’t had to file an insurance claim or discuss your case with a car accident lawyer, you might not understand how hiring a lawyer benefits you.
Here are some of the ways a Boca Raton car accident lawyer can help:
- Evaluating claims. Car accident attorneys review claims to determine if a client has a viable claim and provide them with options for recovering compensation.
- Communication. Lawyers communicate with parties in a lawsuit, including insurance companies, who like to employ tricky tactics to deny and devalue claims.
- Investigation. Law firms have in-house investigators or use a third party to uncover the facts of a car accident claim, including gathering relevant documents and other evidence and taking witness statements.
- Negotiation. Car accident lawyers have ample training and experience with negotiations. They often obtain more money for their clients when dealing with insurance providers.
Litigation. Car accident attorneys advocate for their lawyers in the courtroom when settlement negotiations fail, and they must bring a case to trial.
Contact an Experienced Boca Raton Car Accident Lawyer at Dolman Law Group Today
You can learn more about working with a Boca Raton personal injury lawyer during a free consultation with our firm. Case evaluations come with no obligation, so please call us or contact us online for more information today. We are available for a free consultation to discuss your potential case.
Dolman Law Group, Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, serves clients throughout Boca Raton, Palm Beach County, and South Florida, including Fort Lauderdale and North Miami Beach. A dedicated car accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you need to cover your accident-related expenses. Knowing you're going to get the care you need, you can move on with your life.