Large commercial trucks, like tankers, semis, and 18-wheelers are constantly hauling their loads in and around Doral. In fact, they are so commonplace that people who see them rarely give them a second thought - but these vehicles pose significant injury risks to everyone around them. Large commercial trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and often travel at speeds of 70 miles per hour or more - making them capable of causing extreme damage and severe injuries when they collide with other vehicles.
If a large commercial truck hurt you, consider speaking to a Doral truck accident attorney as soon as possible. In many cases, Florida law entitles victims to compensation for their losses, including medical expenses, lost income, lost quality of life, and physical and emotional pain and suffering. To schedule a free case evaluation with a Doral truck accident lawyer, call the Dolman Law Group today at (727) 451-6900 or send us an email through our online contact form.
Our Doral Truck Accident Attorneys
At Dolman Law Group, our trucking accident lawyers are here to help. We know how serious these accidents are and the lifelong pain and suffering victims face. While many law firms call themselves the “best,” only you can know which truck accident team is right for you.
Finding the best Doral personal accident lawyer for your case takes time and research, and it is a decision that is personal. We offer a free consultation so you can get to know our team, our track record fighting for clients, and what we can do for your case.
Why Choose Us?
You need a law firm that can make you feel comfortable and supported during this time. You also need an attorney with the experience and resources necessary to take on these complex truck accident cases. Large trucking companies often fight accident cases aggressively. Without legal representation, you may not receive the money you need to recover - and we know this.
That is why we fight insurance companies and trucking companies aggressively. We work tirelessly to build cases that are designed to collect maximum compensation for our clients. Here are some of our most notable cases:
- $3.85 million for a semi-truck accident victim who suffered a brain injury
- $3.2 million for a semi-truck accident victim who suffered a brain injury
- $775,000 for truck accident victims
While past results do not guarantee future success, you can rest easier knowing you have a team of experienced litigators and negotiators on your side from the start.
We Serve Locals From Our Doral Office
Our truck accident lawyers know Doral inside and out - we know the streets, freeways, intersections, and avenues where your accident may have occurred. We also know the courts, judges, and insurance companies that may be part of your case. It is this local experience that enables us to provide exceptional legal guidance every step of the way.
Our office is located conveniently at 8400 NW 36th Street in Doral, Florida, meaning we are just blocks from the Miami International Airport and Doral Central Park. To make it easier for injured Doral accident victims to meet with us, our team offers flexible meetings. We can come to you at your home, your hospital room, or wherever is easiest for you.
We also offer FREE initial consultations and reviews, so you can seek justice after a truck accident in Doral. To schedule a free case evaluation with one of our lawyers, call Dolman Law Group today at (727) 451-6900.
Commercial Trucking Accidents in Doral Result in Complicated Cases
Accidents involving commercial vehicles result in far more complicated liability issues than those involving only cars, trucks, or motorcycles used for personal travel - because a commercial trucking accident potentially involves many more parties, including:
- The truck driver's employer
- The company responsible for the truck's cargo
- The company responsible for loading the truck
- The truck or trucking equipment manufacturer
- The company responsible for fleet maintenance
In addition to more potential parties, commercial trucking accidents often involve federal or state trucking regulations that other kinds of wrecks do not. Commercial trucking is a highly regulated industry, and factors like the number of hours a trucker can drive per day, the placement of lights on the truck's trailer, and the condition of the trucks themselves are all subject to regulations.
In some cases, violating these regulations alone could establish liability on the part of the truck driver or the trucker's employer. Because the untrained eye may not notice these violations, truck accident victims should review their cases with an experienced truck accident attorney who is familiar with trucking regulations.
Reported Truck Accidents in Doral
What Causes Doral Truck Accidents?
Many of the same factors cause truck accidents as other motor vehicle accidents - but some truck collisions result from their size and design. For example, because they carry such heavy loads, unbalanced cargo has the potential to destabilize a truck to the extent that the driver cannot avoid an accident.
Furthermore, articulated commercial vehicles consist of two or more segments joined by a coupling device. Improper braking or fast turns can cause such a vehicle to jackknife, with the segments folding onto one another and causing the driver to lose control.
Common factors in truck accidents - and even some other motor vehicle accidents - include:
- Distracted driving
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Failing to signal lane changes
- Following too closely
- Failing to adapt driving to poor weather conditions
- Driver fatigue
- Driver error
- Negligent hiring
The Truck Accident Lawyers of Dolman Law Group Are Here to Help
The aftermath of a serious accident involving a commercial truck can stress and confuse anyone. Not only must victims deal with physical injuries and medical treatments, but they also often worry about the financial repercussions of their accidents and how to navigate the claims process.
Fortunately, the attorneys of Dolman Law Group are a phone call away and can significantly ease the burdens associated with a commercial trucking accident. An attorney from our firm can assist you through:
- Case evaluation and investigation - Not every truck accident case entitles victims to compensation. An attorney will listen to your side of the story (at no cost to you) and let you know whether you may have a claim. In some cases, determining whether a valid claim exists requires additional investigation, and your lawyer may choose to look into your case further to uncover any evidence of negligence. In some cases, an attorney may use a legal process known as discovery to compel the production of certain evidence from other parties.
- Communications with the insurance company on your behalf - An attorney will attempt to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company that adequately compensates you for all of your losses. Hiring a lawyer to handle talking to the insurance company is a good idea, because claim adjusters often use tactics designed to frustrate victims into accepting lowball settlement offers or inadvertently admitting fault for an accident.
- Filing a lawsuit and trying your case - In some instances, the other party denies liability for an accident, or the insurance company refuses to make a reasonable settlement offer. Your lawyer may then file a personal injury lawsuit in the appropriate court and try your case before a judge and jury.
Time Limits for Filing a Truck Accident Lawsuit
The immediate aftermath of a truck accident can be a confusing time. If your injuries are serious enough, they can prevent you from seeking the help you need right away. It is also easy to become so focused on your physical recovery to the exclusion of everything else.
When our team manages your insurance claim or lawsuit, we handle every detail from start to finish so you can focus on yourself. One of our primary concerns is ensuring you do not run out of time to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have four years to file. We also meet the additional demands of suing a government entity if your accident involved a garbage or other municipal truck.
If you do not meet the filing deadline, you could give up your right to file at all. When you trust our team to fight for you, early notification of your intent does more than allow us to comply with the statute of limitations. It also means we have time to conduct a thorough investigation, identify and interview witnesses, and canvass the scene of the accident.
Do Not Hesitate to Contact One of Our Team Members
While you recuperate from your accident, your day-to-day and month-to-month expenses do not stop. In addition, accident-related bills and financial losses add up quickly. These ongoing financial concerns can increase the stress of a truck accident in Doral. We understand the difficulties this can create, so our team takes on your case at no upfront cost.
When our team represents you, we offer to:
- Conduct a no-cost evaluation of your case with no obligation attached
- Obtain evidence and conduct depositions on your behalf
- Absorb all the upfront costs and expenses of building your case
- Obtain and complete insurance claim forms
- File all applicable legal documents and notifications
In lieu of traditional attorney's fees, we accept truck accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. That means you can build your case, fight for compensation, and pay nothing until your case is resolved. We will accept a percentage of your resulting financial award - a percentage we discuss with you up front.
Leave the Evidence Collection to Our Truck Accident Team
To prove the cause, cost, and life-changing effect of a truck accident, we collect evidence for you. We also organize your evidence and present it during settlement negotiations or at trial. The evidence we compile to support your right to monetary recovery could include:
- Truck driver log books
- Truck maintenance and repair records
- Driver training records
- The official truck accident report
- Medical records and bills
- Tax and other income records
- Vehicle repair estimates or bills
- Vehicle replacement values
We do not tax you with evidence collection after your crash - wherever possible, we obtain evidence for you. However, if you have additional evidence that supports your case, we encourage you to share it with one of our team members. We may also request other information you might not have realized would make an impact on your case.
Call Us Today to Speak With a Truck Accident Attorney in Doral, Florida
If a truck accident hurt you in the Doral area, call Dolman Law Group as soon as possible. We provide free case evaluations and will never collect any legal fees from you unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
8400 NW 36th St Suite 450
Doral, FL 33166