Why Should You Consider Dolman Law Group?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 28 million people in the United States visit emergency departments each year when they sustain accidental injuries. Accidents and injuries can happen in an instant—when you least expect it—yet the fallout from a serious injury can last for a long time—sometimes, even a lifetime. You should know that victims of accidental injuries often have important legal rights to compensation for their damages. The North Miami Beach Personal Injury Lawyers of Sibley Dolman Accident Injury Lawyers, LLP are here to help.
After an accident, it’s often difficult to know where to turn or what action to take. Many people do not even realize they may be entitled to compensation for their medical costs and other extensive losses that may accompany a serious injury. The good news is that you have nothing to lose by discussing what happened with an experienced personal injury attorney who can advise you of your legal options. If you’ve been injured, do not hesitate to contact Sibley Dolman Accident Injury Lawyers, LLP today for a free case evaluation with your North Miami Beach personal injury lawyers. We will meet at our law office and discuss your case open and honestly in a way that will leave you feeling more informed and ready to take on those responsible for your injuries.
How do we Assist Traffic Accident Victims in North Miami Beach?
Traffic-related accidents are one of the leading causes of unintentional injuries and deaths in the U.S. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that in a single year, motor vehicle accidents resulted in almost 2.45 million injuries and more than 35,000 deaths. It should be no surprise that many personal injury cases stem from traffic and transportation accidents.
While the most common type of traffic accident is a car crash, there are many other accidents that arise from transportation in and around North Miami Beach. Anyone who is near a road or highway can potentially become involved in one of the following:
- Car Accident– The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) indicates that nearly 16 million people were licensed to drive in our state in 2016. This figure does not include the many out-of-state drivers who are regular visitors. The significant number of cars on Florida roads each day makes it inevitable that crashes will occur, often resulting in serious injuries.
- Commercial Truck Accident– Large tractor-trailers are essential to the U.S. economy as they transport goods across the country each and every day. However, these trucks pose serious risks. There were an estimated 480,000 accidents involving commercial vehicles in 2015 alone. These huge and heavy vehicles can cause particularly devastating injuries when they crash into smaller passenger cars.
- Motorcycle Accident– It’s understandable that Florida has the second-highest number of registered motorcycles of the United States, as the scenery and climate make it an ideal location to ride in the open air. Riding motorcycles is fun and adventurous, but it is also dangerous and carries the risk of being seriously injured in a crash.
- Bicycle Accident– More and more people are riding bicycles for fun, exercise, or an economical and environmentally-friendly mode of transportation. Yet some drivers lack familiarity with the rules on sharing the road with bicyclists, and other drivers are not willing to follow those rules. Bicyclists in Florida seem to be at an especially high risk of collisions, given that for many years, the state had the highest rate of bicyclist fatalities of any state, according to a CDC report.
- Pedestrian Accident– Almost everyone is a pedestrian at some point during the day, even if you are just walking from a parking lot into a store or office. Whenever you are on foot and near traffic, there is the possibility that a car or truck will crash into you. Pedestrians have no protection from such collisions and often sustain life-changing injuries.
- Bus Accident
Your rights and options following a traffic accident will depend on your specific circumstances, including who caused your accident and the severity of your injuries. The following are some common causes of traffic accidents in the North Miami Beach area:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving
- Violating traffic laws
- Defective roads
- Defective auto parts
No matter what caused your crash, you can trust that the personal injury lawyers at Sibley Dolman Accident Injury Lawyers, LLP will be able to evaluate your case and provide information based on your particular situation.
What Range of Personal Injury Claims Do We Handel?
Of course, traffic accidents are not the only type of incident that can cause serious injuries and lead to personal injury claims. Each case will involve unique legal questions and strategies based on the type of accident that occurred and the relevant laws in Florida. Our North Miami Beach personal injury law firm has the ability to handle complex injury cases, including the following:
- Slip and Falls – Slip and fall accident cases arise when you are injured because a property owner negligently allowed a dangerous condition to exist on his property that caused your fall. These accidents can cause serious injuries, and it is important to seek help from an attorney who understands premises liability law principles.
- Defective Product Accidents – Many types of products can be defective or dangerous and cause injuries to consumers. Products liability claims can involve household products, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, vehicles, recreational equipment, electronics, and more.
- Medical Malpractice – Doctors should always treat you in accordance with the standard of care expected of medical professionals. When a doctor’s care falls below that standard, patients can suffer costly and unnecessary injuries. Such injuries can stem from misdiagnosis, medication errors, surgical errors, birth injuries, and more.
- Brain Injuries – One of the worst kinds of injuries a person can sustain is the traumatic brain injury. These types of injuries commonly affect a person’s cognitive abilities and can often end up being permanent. Common traumatic brain injuries people suffer are concussions, coup-contrecoup injuries, brain contusions, and diffuse axonal brain injuries that can be suffered in many different situations ranging from construction accidents to sports accidents.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Elderly residents of Florida nursing homes are at immense risk of suffering severe injuries as a result of nursing home abuse. This abuse can come in a number of forms including physical abuse, sexual abuse, financial abuse, and emotional abuse. The staff of these homes take advantage of frail elderly patients and due to their age, the injuries are especially severe.
- Premises Liability
Our firm has the skill and knowledge to handle many types of personal injury cases, so please call to discuss your accident and injuries for free today.
What Accident Injuries Are Serious?
Accidental injuries can be as varied as the accidents that cause them. Each type of severe injury will result in unique symptoms, long-term effects, and losses for you and your family. Our firm regularly handles cases involving the following type of injuries, among others:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury (SCI)
- Broken bones and compound fractures
- Head and face injuries
- Sprains, strains, and soft tissue injuries
- Lacerations and contusions
- Internal organ damage
- Internal hemorrhaging
- Dog Bite
What Losses Incurred by Injury Victims?
All of the above injuries require immediate medical attention and often, a long course of treatment. The costs of medical care are overwhelming and constantly on the rise, so it is understandable that medical bills can create serious financial problems for entire households. While some injuries heal after a short period of treatment, others require ongoing care indefinitely. When calculating losses, future medical expenses should always be carefully considered as well as existing bills.
Many injuries can cause physical or cognitive impairments that can make it difficult or impossible to perform your job. Some accident victims need to rest as part of their recovery plan. In either situation, missing work often means losing the income that is needed to pay your bills and cover your basic needs. Seeking lost income is an important part of a personal injury claim.
The symptoms of many injuries may subside with time and you may return to your regular life. Other injuries, however, have permanent effects, and victims may be left with impairments and disabilities. These impairments may prevent you from returning to your previous job or even from ever being in the workforce again. Future lost earning potential is a complex calculation that can take into account your education, training, experience, economic predictions, and more.
Not all personal injury losses are financial in nature, as some are intangible and not as easily measurable. Some intangible losses include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental distress
- Loss of enjoyment of your life
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Punitive damages
How Can Our Personal Injury Firm Can Help?
Many injury victims are not familiar with the legal process of seeking compensation for their losses. In fact, they may not even be certain of their rights to compensation. When you call our firm, you can schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer who will listen to what happened and advise you of the best way to proceed. At Sibley Dolman Accident Injury Lawyers, LLP, we ensure that you fully understand your rights and options and we guide every client throughout every step of the process.
What Are Insurance Claims?
Many cases do not begin with a personal injury lawsuit. Instead, they start by filing an insurance claim to attempt to obtain proper compensation without litigation. This is especially true for car accident claims in Florida, as state law requires injured car accident victims to first go through their own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance policy before they can pursue further legal action.
While the insurance claims process may seem simple, it can be shocking how often claims are partially or completely denied. Insurance companies regularly make settlement offers that are far lower than policyholders deserve, and unfortunately, many accident victims accept such offers and give up their rights to the compensation they deserve.
The attorneys of Sibley Dolman Accident Injury Lawyers, LLP help clients with the insurance process—from preparing and filing the initial claim to reviewing and negotiating settlement offers. We will always advise you when there are better options in your case than to accept an insurance payout.
What Are Personal Injury Litigation?
In some cases, even with the help of an experienced attorney, you will not receive an insurance offer that is adequate to cover your losses. This may be due to difficult insurers or because your injury-related losses exceed any relevant insurance policies. In such situations, we can identify whether clients should seek compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Like any type of court case, personal injury litigation is a complicated process that involves many strict rules and requirements. Our legal team fully understands this process and how to successfully file and pursue a claim on your behalf. We handle the following for our clients:
- Drafting and filing petitions
- Discovery and evidence gathering
- Court hearings
- Settlement negotiations
- Jury trials
Settlement negotiations are one of the most important parts of the litigation process, as a favorable settlement allows you to walk away with adequate compensation without going through the stress of a trial. We know how to build a strong case and use effective negotiation strategies to resolve your claim as efficiently as possible.
Can You Afford to Hire a North Miami Personal Injury Law Firm?
Unfortunately, it is all too common for an injured accident victim to choose not to speak with a law firm because of concerns regarding the cost. After all, if you’ve already lost income and are facing costly medical bills, you do not want to add any additional expenses. We have good news for you—anyone can afford to hire a personal injury attorney to represent them.
Our firm represents clients based on contingent fee arrangements. This means the following:
- Consultations and initial meetings are always free
- Our firm pays upfront for the cost of investigation and litigation
- You pay no fees unless we successfully obtain compensation for you
What Are Personal Injury Attorney Contingency Fees?
Many people tend to have the misconception that they will have to pay an exorbitant fee to get a good attorney and will also have to do so upfront. It is understandable why someone would think twice about hiring a personal injury attorney when they are dealing with all kinds of damages after an accident. Fortunately, hiring a good personal injury attorney does not require you do spend a great deal of money at once just to secure their assistance. Personal injury attorneys work on what is called a contingency fee basis. This means that they take their fee out of the settlement that they are able to successfully secure. The amount is typically a percentage of around 33.3% but that can change depending on the details of the case. Another great part of contingency fees is that a lawyer will only be paid their percentage in the event they are successful in recovering their client compensation. This means that it is within the attorney’s best interest to get you the best settlement humanly possible so that not only you get the money that you need to pay for damages but they also increase the level of compensation they receive for their services.
With nothing to pay out of pocket until your case is successfully resolved, you should never hesitate to consult with a member of our legal team regarding a possible case.
Why You Shouldn’t Try to File a Personal Injury Claim Alone?
A common situation we encounter is an accident victim that tried to take matters into their own hands and filed a personal injury claim on their own only to make some kind of mistake that damaged the value of their claim or resulted in it being denied entirely. Yes, there is no rule stating that you can’t file a personal injury claim without the assistance of an attorney but it is highly recommended that you seek the assistance of a legal professional for this kind of undertaking. There are a lot of easy mistakes that can be made by those trying to handle their claim alone. In fact, insurance companies want nothing more than for you to do something like this because it makes their job much easier. They know that they can get away with a lot when dealing with someone who does not have the experience or training necessary to make sure their claim is handled fairly.
The attorneys of Dolman Law Group understand that a personal injury case is often the only way for prospective clients to recover the money they need to stabilize their life after a traumatic accident. That is why our lawyers recommend that you at the very least speak to one of them in a free consultation before trying to handle a claim on your own. Everyone’s case is different and perhaps you may feel that legal assistance is not for you but it can only benefit your case to have an experienced attorney consult with you on what options are available to you when seeking compensation for your accident injuries.
What North Miami areas does Sibley Dolman Accident Injury Lawyers, LLP serve?
- Bal Harbour
- Buena Vista
- Coconut Grove
- Coral Gables
- Coral Way
- Design District
- Downtown Miami
- Key Biscayne
- Little Havana
- Miami Beach
- North Bay Village
- North Miami
- Palmetto Bay
- South Beach
- Sunny Isles Beach
- Upper East Side
All About North Miami Beach
North Miami Beach is located in the far North-East most tip of Miami-Dade County with a population of around 50,000 people. Oddly enough, the area no longer has any Atlantic coast beaches within the city limits, but they remain just a short walk away. This historic and diverse area is one of the gems of the Miami area, with popular attractions like famous Haulover Beach, an authentic Medieval Spanish monetary built in the 12th century, and the Fulford-by-the-Sea Monument. North Miami Beach is a beautiful town located within one of the fastest-growing areas in the US and we are proud to have our office here.
If You Were Injured, Should You Call a Personal Injury Attorney in North Miami Beach for a Free Consultation?
An accident can cause your life to come to a screeching halt. Not only do you have to abide by a medical treatment plan, but also your professional and personal lives may be completely disrupted. The last thing you likely want to do is to deal with a complex legal matter.
However, you should always remember that a successful legal case can improve your situation substantially by recovering your medical expenses, lost income, and other losses you incurred. Such a case can be relatively stress-free with the assistance of the North Miami Beach personal injury lawyers at Sibley Dolman Accident Injury Lawyers, LLP. We understand how an injury can affect your life and strive to provide the highest quality of representation to every single client so that you only need to focus on your physical healing.
Sibley Dolman Accident Injury Lawyers, LLP
1820 NE 163rd St #306,
North Miami Beach, FL 33162
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“I can’t express enough praise to Brent and his team for the superb results they achieved on my mother’s personal injury case. Brent was very hands on with our case and had a genuine interest in my mother’s well being. He has an amazing ability to explain all of the moving parts in a personal injury case. We were well informed of every aspect of our case and never felt confused for one moment. I would without a doubt recommend his services! Thank you again Brent !”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group for anyone that has been injured in an accident!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!