The southeastern coast of Florida boasts many beautiful locations, but Fort Lauderdale, FL, is famously known for its gorgeous beaches, boating canals, and upscale dining and shopping. With so many people visiting these popular locations, accidents happen that can result in serious injuries.
If you suffered an injury due to someone's negligent actions or inactions, a Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer could help you pursue compensation for the cost of your injuries and other financial losses. You may be able to recover payment of your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. Contact Dolman Law Group for a free consultation of your claim and advice regarding your options for pursuing compensation.
- Why You Should Trust Dolman Law Group For Your Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Claim
- Types of Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Claims We Handle at Dolman Law Group
- Our Fort Lauderdale Law Office
- Fort Lauderdale Accident Statistics
- What Types of Injuries Can You Include in Your Claim?
- What Should I Do After an Accident in Fort Lauderdale?
- How Do I Know If I Have a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Claim?
- What Damages Can I Recover for a Personal Injury in Fort Lauderdale?
- How Much Is My Fort Lauderdale Injury Claim Worth?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawsuit?
- How Much Does a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney Cost?
- How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Case?
- Can I Still Recover Damages If I Was Partially At Fault for My Fort Lauderdale Accident Injuries?
- What's the Process of Obtaining Compensation for My Fort Lauderdale Personal Injuries?
- Contact the Dolman Law Group Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers Near You Today
- What Our Clients Have to Say
Why You Should Trust Dolman Law Group For Your Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Claim
Dolman Law Group is a nationally recognized and award-winning personal injury law firm. We are comprised of real trial lawyers with a reputation for aggressive litigation. Not all injury attorneys or personal injury law firms are the same.
The tough-talking lawyer on television or radio proclaiming they are a “hammer” or “aggressive” may be little more than good at marketing and, in actuality, performs very few, if any, legal tasks. It is possible that they may not have seen the inside of a courtroom in many years, if ever. The attorney showing you pictures of their family and pets may never meet with you or work directly on your case.
Law firms that settle claims in a mass production-type mentality are not feared or respected by insurance carriers. Insurance giants like Geico, State Farm, and Allstate don't want to spend money in defense of claims. They are for-profit businesses, after all. Their profit margins are increased when they can settle claims with little or no effort.
Oftentimes, the only way to realize the true value of a claim is to litigate the case. The threat of a trial and the possibility that the carrier will be on the hook for a large verdict or a judgment that exceeds the amount they offered forces their hand. A law firm that has a history of settling cases on the cheap can do you a great disservice, especially if you sustained a serious personal injury.
Dolman Law Group is not a high-volume injury law firm that you will find relentlessly advertising on television and radio all day long. In fact, a vast majority of our clients are referred to us by very satisfied former and current clients. Also, many other law firms rely on our team to assist in their most significant and/or complicated cases.
Meet Some of the Dolman Law Group Team
Stanley Gipe is an experienced personal injury attorney and is board certified as a civil trial lawyer by the Florida Bar. Board certification denotes the lawyer is an expert in a particular discipline. Stan has served as lead counsel on over 1000 lawsuits and has tried countless cases before a jury. Insurance carriers are well aware that Stan is an experienced trial attorney. He is well respected by insurance defense lawyers throughout the State.
Matthew Dolman has also served as lead counsel in over 1000 Florida lawsuits and has specifically litigated hundreds of claims in Fort Lauderdale and throughout the state. He is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum for settlement or verdicts in excess of $1 Million and $2 Million, respectively. He has been selected on multiple occasions as a “Florida Legal Elite” by fellow Florida attorneys. Less than 1.5% of practicing lawyers have achieved said honor. Similarly, he has been selected by his colleagues as a “Florida Super Lawyer,” which is another prominent distinction.
Julia Dolman is another experienced personal injury lawyer and trial attorney who was recently selected as a "2021 Florida Legal Elite." She has served as lead trial counsel on multiple occasions and routinely litigates injury lawsuits on both coasts of Florida.
What are Dolman Law Group's Prior Case Results?
If your personal injury was caused by someone else's unsafe driving, the failure of a property owner to fix a hazardous situation, or medical malpractice and healthcare provider error, an experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer at Dolman Law Group could help you pursue maximum compensation.
We take pride in the settlements and court awards our law firm has achieved for our clients. Some recent case results include:
- A $5 million settlement for a client who suffered burn injuries over 40% of her body in a violent rear-end collision.
- A $3.85 million award for a client who sustained a traumatic brain injury as a result of an accident involving a commercial truck.
- A $1.4 million settlement for a client who sustained serious injuries in a motorcycle accident.
We have also recovered significant settlements in a wide range of other cases, including premises liability claims, fall accidents, wrongful death cases, and other negligent accidents. We fight for the biggest payout for our clients in every claim we develop and file.
Contact Dolman Law Group today at (754) 208-1130 to request a free case evaluation with one of our experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys.
Types of Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Claims We Handle at Dolman Law Group
The personal injury lawyers attorneys at Dolman Law Group have extensive experience handling all types of personal injury claims in Fort Lauderdale. Some of the more common situations that we have handled include:
- Fort Lauderdale Car Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Pedestrian Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Truck Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Bicycle Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Motorcycle Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Product Liability
- Fort Lauderdale Medical Malpractice
- Fort Lauderdale Nursing Home Abuse
- Fort Lauderdale Ridesharing Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Slip and Fall Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Premises Liability
- Fort Lauderdale Dog Bites
- Fort Lauderdale Boating Accidents
- Fort Lauderdale Wrongful Death
- Fort Lauderdale Workers’ Compensation
We also handle many other types of personal injury claims, and you should contact us for a free review of your case if another party injured you or someone you love in Fort Lauderdale through their negligent, careless, or reckless actions.
Common Injury-Causing Events in Fort Lauderdale
Auto accidents - Florida ranks third in the nation for overall traffic deaths in some dangerous intersections. Our Fort Lauderdale car accident injury attorneys help clients who have sustained injuries in motor vehicle accident cases involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, scooters, rideshares, bicyclists, pedestrians, watercraft, and aircraft.
Pedestrian accidents - Did you know that Florida is one of the most dangerous states for pedestrians in the United States? During the last ten years, more than 5,000 people in Florida were killed by a car while walking, and pedestrians older than 65 are more likely than younger ones to be struck by vehicles. Both poor road engineering and inattentive or aggressive driving contribute to these statistics, so if you or a loved one have been injured by a motor vehicle while you were walking, be sure to contact our Fort Lauderdale personal injury law firm.
Commercial truck accidents - Far too often, personal injury attorneys treat semi-truck accident claims no different than a typical motor vehicle wreck. This is a HUGE mistake and will often result in leaving significant money on the table at the time of settlement or shortchanging a case going to trial.
A competent truck accident lawyer must be familiar with Federal trucking laws, including hours of service. Hours of service govern how long a trucker is allowed to be operating a big rig in one continuous shift, how many hours they can log in a week, and how often they must take breaks. Further, accidents involving a semi-truck are expensive.
We always retain an expert immediately to secure the black box and download the data. Further, we want an opportunity for our expert to view and inspect the truck before it is fixed. Dolman Law Group maintains a large credit line to finance the retention of experts and the work-up of our most complicated cases involving catastrophic injuries.
Bicycle accidents - Florida is the deadliest state for bicycle riders, with an average of 5.7 cyclists deaths per one million residents each year. This is more than twice as many as the national average of 2.3 deaths per one million residents.
Bicycles have the same rights and duties as the drivers of any other vehicle under Florida bicycle law. When a motor vehicle driver fails to share the road, a cyclist can suffer injuries like broken bones or painful road rash. Only those under 16 years old are required to wear helmets, but head injuries are also a real possibility.
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group will work to establish liability on the at-fault driver who caused your bicycle accident and hold them responsible for causing your injuries.
Motorcycle accidents - Many motorcycle riders are drawn to the freedom of the open road. But motorcycles lack the airbags, protective roofs, and other safety features of a car. This lack of safety features leaves riders at risk for severe injury and even death if they get into motor vehicle accidents. As of date, our firm has handled over 500 motorcycle accident claims and over 200 motorcycle injury lawsuits on behalf of injury victims. A vast majority of motorcycle accidents we handle are related to either distracted driving by the vehicle operator or an unsafe lane change by the motorist who failed to yield to the right of way to the motorcycle rider.
The goal of a motorcycle accident lawyer is to recoup medical bills and seek payment for property damage along with pain and suffering and the cost of future medical treatment for injury victims. Upon hiring us, we will begin with a thorough investigation. We will hire an investigator to take photos of the scene, seek surveillance video when available, and document witness statements. We will then hire an accident reconstructionist to recreate the scene of the wreck to illustrate our theory of why the other driver was negligent.
Keep in mind that motorcycle accidents do not involve PIP (personal injury protection) coverage which makes them much different than auto accidents. In fact, since PIP coverage is not applicable, there is no permanent injury threshold. Thus, the motorcyclist does not need to prove they sustained a permanent injury to seek compensation from the at-fault negligent party.
Florida helmet laws allow motorcycle drivers and passengers to choose whether or not to wear a helmet. Anyone over 21 may ride without a helmet as long as they have at least $10,000 in medical insurance coverage.
In the event of a traumatic crash resulting in a serious personal injury, $10,000 is often not enough to cover medical costs. Depending upon the type of injury, medical costs can range in the tens of thousands, and sometimes even millions, of dollars.
Accidents due to defective products - The manufacturers and distributors of certain products, including auto parts, medications, and toys, must ensure the products do not pose an unreasonable risk of injury when used as instructed. Failing to properly design, manufacture, and label products can translate to liability.
Medical malpractice in Fort Lauderdale - Medical malpractice involves injuries that result from a healthcare provider’s failure to meet the standard of care necessary to treat the patient. Errors that can give rise to a medical malpractice claim include misdiagnosis or missed diagnosis, medication or surgical errors, and birth injuries.
Birth injuries - A Fort Lauderdale birth injury lawyer can help you obtain compensation for a birth injury and other forms of medical malpractice involving your child. We have experience handling the following types of claims; cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, brachial plexus palsy, shoulder dystocia, torticollis, brain damage, clavicle fracture, and hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy.
Dangerous pharmaceuticals - We are presently handling claims against the manufacturers of Zantac, Paraquat, and Talc baby powder, along with claims against Enfamil and Similac on behalf of premature infants who have been diagnosed with NEC.
Nursing home abuse in Fort Lauderdale - Sadly, the abuse sustained by our elderly clients is often the work of employees and even residents of the nursing home or assisted living facility (ALF). We handle the following types of nursing home claims and lawsuits; negligent retention and hiring of employees, understaffing, inadequate training, medication errors, and breach of statutory rights of residents.
Wrongful death - When someone else’s careless, reckless, or intentional actions kill a person, a personal representative of the deceased’s estate can seek compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit or claim. This is done on behalf of the affected family members for the impacts and expenses experienced because of the loss with the help of a Fort Lauderdale wrongful death attorney.
Premises liability - Those who own or possess a property must ensure that the property is free of hazards that could cause injuries to guests. Some premises liability accidents include elevators/escalators, swimming pools, dog bites, and negligent security.
Work injuries - The labor force in Fort Lauderdale stands at over one million strong. Florida law requires most employers in the state to purchase a workers’ compensation policy on behalf of their employees. This no-fault insurance policy will provide medical coverage and wage replacement for the injured worker. An experienced work injury attorney in Fort Lauderdale can happily assist injured workers with filing a workers’ compensation claim or appealing a denial. We have represented injured Florida workers against a vast array of insurance companies.
A lawyer or law firm with a track record of success in litigating serious personal injury cases is the best person to help you assess your accident and start you on the path of recovery--not only for your health and well-being but your financial recovery as well. The experienced injury lawyers at Dolman Law Group are always ready to help you through these hard times.
Our Fort Lauderdale Law Office
Dolman Law Group has a law office in Fort Lauderdale located at 150 E Davie Blvd Suite 201-2, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Drop by our office to discuss your case for free or give us a call to set up an appointment for a free consultation.
Fort Lauderdale Accident Statistics
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) publishes reports of traffic accidents that caused injuries or fatalities throughout Florida. Fort Lauderdale is the county seat of Broward County, and FLHSMV reported the following accident statistics for the Fort Lauderdale area in 2022:
- 39,776 total traffic accidents, resulting in 23,392 injuries and 266 fatalities.
- 708 total bicycle accidents, with 15 fatalities.
- 736 total motorcycle accidents resulting in 37 motorcycle accident fatalities.
- 988 pedestrian accidents occurred, with 71 fatalities.
- 11,705 hit and run accidents, with 2,333 injuries and 42 fatalities.
What Types of Injuries Can You Include in Your Claim?
At Dolman Law Group, our Fort Lauderdale injury lawyers understand that every injury is different and impacts accident victims in different ways. We have clients with many types of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
The losses from an unexpected injury can be substantial. The best way to understand your legal rights is to discuss your accident and injuries with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale. Our attorneys can advise you of your options for compensation and fight for your right to get it.
What Should I Do After an Accident in Fort Lauderdale?
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Fort Lauderdale accident someone else caused, it's important to consult with a legal professional for advice specific to your situation. There are also several steps you should take to ensure your health and well-being and protect your legal rights. Here are some steps that we typically recommend:
- Make Sure Everyone's Safe: First and foremost, make sure you and anyone else involved in the accident are safe. Move to a safe location if possible, away from traffic and potential hazards.
- Call for Help: If there are injuries or significant property damage, call 911 immediately to report the accident and request medical assistance if needed. Florida law requires parties to report accidents involving injuries or death or property damage above $500.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact and insurance information with the other parties involved in the accident. Get names, phone numbers, addresses, driver's license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance details.
- Document the Scene: If it's safe to do so, take photos and videos of the accident scene, including the vehicles involved, any damage, skid marks, road conditions, and relevant street signs or landmarks. This documentation can be crucial later on.
- File a Police Report: It's generally a good idea to contact the local law enforcement and have them create an official accident report. This can be important for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don't think your injuries are serious, it's still advisable to get a medical evaluation. Some injuries might not show symptoms immediately but could develop later.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company to report the accident and provide them with the necessary information. They can guide you on how to proceed with the claims process.
- Collect Witness Statements: If there were any witnesses to the accident, ask for their contact information and if they would be willing to provide a statement about what they saw.
- Limit Communication: Be careful about what you say to the other parties involved and their insurance companies. Avoid admitting fault or making statements that could be used against you later.
- Follow Medical Advice: If you were injured, follow your doctor's advice for treatment and recovery. Document your medical expenses, treatment plans, and any impact on your daily life.
- Consult an Attorney: If the accident caused significant injuries, property damage, or if there's a dispute about who is at fault, you need to consult with a personal injury attorney who handles auto accidents and other personal injury claims. They can provide legal guidance and protect your rights.
Remember, each accident situation is unique, and the steps you take might vary based on the circumstances. Legal requirements and procedures can also change, so it's important to stay informed about local laws and regulations. An experienced legal professional at Dolman Law Group can offer trustworthy advice tailored to your situation.
How Do I Know If I Have a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Claim?
You might be wondering, “How do I know if I have a potential injury case?” Each year, millions of individuals receive treatment at the hospital for accidental injuries. Personal injury lawsuits can arise when these injuries are caused by another party's careless, reckless, or intentional actions. Many types of accidents can lead to a personal injury claim.
When you are injured in a car collision, fall accident, motorcycle or trucking crash, or other harmful situation because someone else was negligent or careless, you have legal rights. To learn more about your options and the compensation you deserve, schedule a free consultation with a dedicated personal injury attorney in Fort Lauderdale.
The Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys at Dolman Law Group are ready to work for you. We can assess your circumstances and explain your potential options for recovering the damages you suffered. Whether we start with an insurance company claim or if a personal injury lawsuit is needed, we can explain the processes and create a strategy to provide the best results possible. Our team is standing by to begin your free consultation.
What Damages Can I Recover for a Personal Injury in Fort Lauderdale?
In the legal arena, recovering damages means obtaining compensation. Florida allows injured individuals to recover economic damages, which compensate for documented expenses incurred as a result of the injury, as well as non-economic damages, which compensate for quality-of-life impacts caused by the injury.
Some common expenses and losses our personal injury attorneys can request in Fort Lauderdale injury cases include:
- All reasonable medical expenses, including hospitalization, ambulance transport, and treatments that include prescription medication and physical therapy, as well as future medical expenses, depending on your situation
- Lost wages resulting from being too injured to work or missing work due to doctors’ appointments
- The loss of future earning capacity if your injury results in a permanent disability and you can no longer work
- Property damage, such as the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle
- Pain and suffering, which can include physical pain, mental trauma, and emotional suffering from your injuries
- Loss of consortium
- Permanent injuries that cause impairments or disfigurement
- Loss of the enjoyment of life
Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers can best help you receive all the compensation you deserve for your injury. After an accident, your main focus should be on healing, not dealing with a personal injury case. At Dolman Law Group, our mission is to handle your claim and bring the peace of mind you need to focus on your medical recovery.
The Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys at our law firm can take on your legal claim and deal with the insurance company while you continue to focus your efforts on undergoing treatment and healing from your physical and emotional injuries.
How Much Is My Fort Lauderdale Injury Claim Worth?
The sum of your losses will depend on the type of injury you sustained and the effects of that injury on your life. Whether you have relatively minor injuries or life-changing disabilities, you deserve to exercise your legal rights to compensation. We can help you identify and catalog your recoverable damages, value them, and seek an appropriate compensation package to pay for your losses.
Whether during settlement negotiations or at trial, we are committed to helping you recover the maximum amount of compensation allowed under the law to ensure you receive the money you need to cover all expenses and losses associated with your injury.
How Long Do I Have to File a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawsuit?
As of March 2023, Florida now gives injured accident victims two years from the date of their injury to file a personal injury lawsuit in civil court. If you do not have an attorney file a lawsuit within the statute of limitations, you will likely forfeit your rights to pursue compensation. Therefore, you must act quickly to protect your rights and ensure you can recover damages.
Some factors can extend the time you have to file, such as cases involving minors, but you need an attorney to review your case to see if you qualify for any extensions. Moreover, claims against government entities, such as local or county governments responsible for road maintenance, for instance, typically have very short deadlines for filing claims. You also usually have to cut through a lot of red tape just to file a claim--or the government may assert you have no right to make a claim against them. An attorney can advise you of your options and help you hold the government entity responsible.
No matter the cause of your personal injury accident in Fort Lauderdale, you have no time to waste in contacting an attorney and getting the process started. Contact Dolman Law Group today for a free case review.
How Much Does a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney Cost?
Most personal injury attorneys understand that accident victims are already suffering financially due to their medical expenses and lost income from missing work. Thus, personal injury lawyers usually work on a contingency fee basis and represent clients with no upfront costs.
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group are no different. You won't pay us anything upfront to represent you, and we will not send you monthly bills for our hourly fees. We will handle all aspects of your claim from beginning to end, and we will take a percentage of your settlement or court award to cover our fees and costs after all is said and done. If we don't recover compensation for you or win your case, you owe us nothing.
Your attorney will discuss everything with you during our free consultation so you know what to expect before signing a contract.
How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Case?
We understand you want your money as soon as possible since you have medical bills and other pressing expenses resulting from your injury. However, you must understand that it can take time to resolve a Fort Lauderdale personal injury claim, and the timeline depends on various factors, such as:
- Severity of Injuries: Cases involving more severe injuries or long-term effects tend to take longer to resolve, as there might be ongoing medical treatment and assessments required.
- Complexity of the Case: If liability (who is at fault) is disputed, or if there are multiple parties involved, the case could take longer to sort out.
- Medical Treatment: The time it takes to recover from injuries and complete medical treatment can impact the overall timeline of the case. It's usually best to wait until you have a clear understanding of your medical condition and prognosis before pursuing a settlement.
- Negotiations with Insurance Companies: Negotiating a fair settlement with insurance companies can take time. They might need to conduct their own investigations and assessments before reaching an agreement.
- Legal Process: If the case ends up going to court, the legal process can significantly lengthen the timeline. Court schedules, preparation for trial, and other legal proceedings can extend the time it takes to resolve the case.
- Settlement vs. Trial: Many personal injury cases are settled out of court, which can often lead to a quicker resolution. If the case goes to trial, it can take considerably longer due to court schedules and the complexities of trial preparation.
- Evidence Gathering: The time it takes to gather evidence, including medical records, accident reports, witness statements, and expert opinions, can impact the progress of the case.
- Negotiation Willingness: If both parties are willing to negotiate and reach a fair settlement, the process might be quicker than if there's significant disagreement and back-and-forth.
- Jurisdiction: The laws and legal procedures of the jurisdiction where the case is being heard can also affect the timeline.
- Attorney's Strategy: Your attorney's approach to the case can influence how quickly it progresses. Some cases might benefit from a more proactive approach, while others might require more time for careful preparation.
Given these variables, it's difficult to provide a precise timeframe for resolving a personal injury case. Some cases might be settled within a few months, while others could take a year or more. It's important to have patience and work closely with your attorney to ensure the best possible outcome for your case. Your attorney from the Dolman Law Group can provide you with a better estimate based on the specific details of your situation.
Can I Still Recover Damages If I Was Partially At Fault for My Fort Lauderdale Accident Injuries?
In most cases, yes. However, Florida amended its tort policy in March of 2023 to a modified comparative fault rule. Now, the state bars injured victims from recovering damages if the court finds they were more than 50% at fault for their injuries. If you are found less than 50% responsible, the court will award damages based on your percentage of fault for your injuries. In other words, if the court finds the defendant 80% at fault and you were 20% at fault, you may only recover 80% of the total damages.
The Fort Lauderdale accident injury attorneys at the Dolman Law Group will conduct a thorough investigation into your case and work hard to establish 100% liability on the at-fault party, if possible. In any event, we will fight for your rights and interests to improve the odds you get the full amount of compensation you deserve.
What's the Process of Obtaining Compensation for My Fort Lauderdale Personal Injuries?
A typical injury claim begins with an insurance demand. Then, if a settlement cannot be reached, the case may proceed to a lawsuit in a Florida civil court.
Get Medical Treatment
The first step in any personal injury claim is showing you suffered injuries, so you need to seek medical treatment right away, even if your injuries are minor.
Valuing your case is probably not as simple as adding your medical bills, lost income, and other receipts together. To get a fair settlement, you must consider your future treatment needs, any ongoing time away from work, and even the intangible losses you experienced. To prove our clients’ damages, we:
- Gather all documentation available
- Determine other types of damages suffered
- Interview experts, including medical professionals and economists, as needed
- Calculate a value for their non-economic losses, including physical pain and suffering and emotional distress
- Put an overall fair settlement range on the claim
We recommend that you at least speak to an accident attorney in Fort Lauderdale before you make any important decisions regarding your case. They may be able to point out damages you may not have considered.
Establishing the Other Party's Liability
The other key step in a personal injury claim is proving the other party caused your injuries through their negligence or wrongdoing. Your attorney can gather evidence to show the other party caused your injuries, such as through police reports, accident reconstruction reports, eyewitness testimony, and more.
Submit the Claim to the Insurance Company
Once your attorney has valued your claim and gathered evidence to prove negligence and establish liability, they will then file an injury claim with the appropriate insurance companies. Since Florida is a no-fault state for auto insurance, you may have to first file a claim with your own auto insurance carrier for a motor vehicle accident, and your attorney can help you deal with your own insurance company along with any others that come into play.
Insurance companies are notorious for denying or devaluing valid claims to reduce the amount they have to pay. After your attorney submits your claim, the insurance company may respond with a lower settlement offer that does not cover all costs related to your injuries. Your attorney may need to negotiate with them to get them to pay more.
Our Fort Lauderdale accident attorneys fully understand Florida insurance laws and how insurers work, as well as court procedures and the litigation process. We develop legal strategies based on each client’s specific situation and work hard to protect their rights.
If the insurer unjustly denies your claim or refuses to offer a fair settlement, your attorney may advise taking your case to trial. Your lawyer will go through the discovery process with opposing legal counsel to request and submit various forms of evidence and documentation. Each side will use that evidence to build their case and support their arguments. They will then present their case before a judge or jury. The judge or jury will hear all testimony and consider all evidence to reach a verdict. If the court sides in your favor, it will determine the amount of compensation to award you. Either side may appeal the verdict if they believe judicial misconduct or procedural errors affected the judgment.
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group are trial lawyers who are not afraid to go before a judge and jury. When necessary, we will pursue this option for our clients. We know how to navigate this process, including pre-trial motions, discovery, mediation, and trial. We represent our client’s best interests and ask the jury to issue a verdict and award in their favor.
We Personalize Our Approach to Your Specific Case
Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury law firm will work with you to not only maximize the compensation you receive from a settlement but also to ensure that your right to compensation is respected. Our team may be able to start protecting your rights and fighting for justice immediately following our initial meeting. When you choose us to represent you, you can count on:
- Regular communication and updates on your claim
- Our team will handle all interactions with the at-fault party, their legal team, and their insurers
- Someone available to answer your questions and address any emergent concerns
- Having your attorney’s personal phone number and contact information for the managing partner overseeing your case
- Our team will be on your side from the first day through the day you receive your settlement check, the jury issues its verdict, or there is another conclusion to your case
Contact the Dolman Law Group Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers Near You Today
If someone caused your accident, they should be held liable for their negligent actions. Our Fort Lauderdale attorneys can evaluate your accident and advise you of your legal rights. We specialize in a wide variety of personal injury cases, from motorcycle accidents to trip-and-falls and wrongful death.
When you work with a Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney at Dolman Law Group, you are placing your case in the hands of experienced lawyers who will fight for your right to compensation and communicate with you every step of the way.
Dolman Law Group offers free consultations because we are committed to helping injured accident victims. With offices across both Florida coasts, you can easily reach Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, at (754) 208-1130, or you can contact us online for your chance to learn more about how we can help you today.
Fort Lauderdale Office
150 E Davie Blvd Suite 201-2
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Phone: (754) 208-1130
What Our Clients Have to Say
We are proud to have helped so many people in the Fort Lauderdale area and across Florida. Here are a few reviews from our satisfied clients:
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!" - Koralis R.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Chad Robinson always responded immediately whenever I had questions or concerns. He worked hard to make sure I received what I deserved.” - Michelle D.
Read more reviews on Google!
Fort Lauderdale Emergency Rooms
If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in Fort Lauderdale because of someone else's negligence, be sure to get immediate medical treatment from one of the area's emergency rooms or urgent care centers:
- Broward Health Medical Center Emergency Room: 1600 S Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Broward Health Imperial Point: Emergency Room: 6401 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
- Holy Cross Health: Emergency Room: 4725 N Federal Hwy #4603, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
- Florida Medical Center Emergency Room: 5000 W Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33313
- Kindred Hospital South Florida - Ft. Lauderdale: 1516 E Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- HCA Florida Westside Hospital Emergency Room: 8201 W Broward Blvd Entrance, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33324
*Disclaimer – Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA does not endorse these medical providers, nor do we profit from having them listed on our website.
Fort Lauderdale Courthouses
- Broward County Clerk of Courts: 201 SE 6th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- U.S. District Court Clerk: 299 E Broward Blvd STE 108, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- Federal Building: 299 E Broward Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301