When someone else’s negligence causes a serious accident, you may be utterly devastated by the losses that often accompany it. While dealing with the implications of the accident itself, including the resulting pain and limitations from your injury, you may also face substantial financial losses. A Tampa personal injury lawyer can help protect your legal rights as you struggle to pay medical bills and navigate the minefield that goes along with recovering from a serious accident.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we personally understand the challenges that an accident can bring. Contact the personal injury attorneys in our Tampa office for a free consultation where we can discuss the challenges you are facing and your right to compensation following an accident in the Tampa area.
- How Can Dolman Law Group Help With Your Tampa Injury Claim?
- What Types of Cases and Injuries Can Our Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys Handle?
- Our Tampa Law Office
- Tampa Accident Statistics
- Common Ways People Suffer Injuries in Tampa
- Which Tampa Personal Injuries Have Lasting Impacts?
- What Should I Do to Protect Myself After an Accident in Tampa?
- How Do I Know If Can I File an Injury Claim in Tampa?
- How Much Is My Tampa Personal Injury Case Worth?
- How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Tampa Personal Injury Attorney?
- How Long Does It Take to Resolve an Injury Claim in Tampa?
- Can I Still Recover Damages If I'm Partially At Fault for My Tampa Personal Injuries?
- What's the Process of Obtaining Compensation for a Tampa Personal Injury?
- Other Benefits Dolman Law Firm Offers to Tampa Personal Injury Victims and Their Families
- Reach Out for a Free Consultation With a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer at Dolman Law Group Today
- What Our Clients Have to Say:
How Can Dolman Law Group Help With Your Tampa Injury Claim?
Often, in the aftermath of a serious accident that resulted in any type of injury, you can find yourself with many questions. How much compensation do you really deserve? How should you deal with your medical bills? What will your financial future look like?
At Dolman Law Group, we help our clients get the answers they need to any questions related to their claims. We fight to help them maximize the compensation they can recover.
Count on Our Proven History of Successful Results
At Dolman Law Group, we have successfully helped many clients resolve their claims satisfactorily.
Take a look at some of our top results:
- $6,703,000 to the family of a wrongful death accident victim
- $5,000,000 to the victim of a car accident that resulted in burns
- $3,850,000 to the victim of a semi-truck accident that resulted in brain injury
- $3,200,000 to the victim of a semi-truck accident that resulted in brain injury
- $2,250,000 to the victim of an assault resulting from negligent security at an apartment complex
Our past claim results cannot guarantee the results of any future claim, even if you may have suffered similar injuries under similar circumstances. However, we do strive to help our clients get just support following a devastating accident, and we will fight to help them maximize the results of their claims.
You Deserve a Law Firm that Maximizes Compensation, Not Just Settlement at Any Cost
Many law firms focus heavily on churning out settlements as fast as possible, partly because they want to maximize the number of cases they can take on. However, in many cases, those efforts can mean that many clients miss out on the compensation they really deserve.
At Dolman Law Group, we act as legal bulldogs for our clients. We aggressively pursue the compensation each client deserves as part of a comprehensive injury claim that includes all damages and suffering our client is facing. For more details about how we protect our clients, take a look at some of the client testimonials we have received.
Does Your Lawyer Have the Financial Resources Needed to Level the Playing Field?
Bringing a serious injury claim can require extensive financial resources. Many insurance companies have large legal teams and a commitment to reducing the compensation the company has to pay as much as possible.
At Dolman Law Group, we have the resources to go up against those firms and help our clients seek the compensation they deserve.
Do you need to file an injury claim in Tampa due to the negligence of another party? With offices along both Florida coasts, we are easy to reach and visit. Call today to discuss your right to compensation.
What Types of Cases and Injuries Can Our Tampa Personal Injury Attorneys Handle?
Situations that cause personal injuries in Tampa come in many different forms. At Dolman Law Group, we have the experience and resources to handle all types of personal injury claims, including:
- Tampa Car Accidents
- Tampa Trucking Accidents
- Tampa Motorcycle Accidents
- Tampa Bicycle Accidents
- Tampa Pedestrian Accidents
- Tampa SUV Accidents
- Tampa Rideshare Accidents
- Tampa Lyft Accidents
- Tampa Uber Accidents
- Tampa Boating Accidents
- Tampa Bus Accidents
- Tampa Drunk Driving Accidents
- Tampa Scooter Accidents
- Tampa Medical Malpractice
- Tampa Nursing Home Negligence
- Tampa Pedestrian Accidents
- Tampa Slip and Fall Accidents
- Tampa Premises Liability
- Tampa Dog Bites
- Tampa Construction Accidents
- Tampa Train Accidents
- Tampa Workers' Compensation
- Tampa Wrongful Death
We help people throughout the Tampa area with their complex injury claims involving any of the following types of injuries and more:
- Tampa Brain Injury
- Tampa Burn Injury
- Tampa Catastrophic Injury
- Tampa Child Injury
- Tampa Child Sexual Abuse
- Tampa Spinal Cord Injury
- Tampa Traumatic Brain Injury
Our Tampa Law Office
Dolman Law Group has a law office in Tampa located at 13513 Prestige Pl. Suite 103, Tampa, FL 33635
Drop by our office to speak with an attorney for free, or call us at (813) 303-0916 to set up an appointment. We can also visit you at your home, hospital, or another convenient location, and we offer video teleconferencing for clients who cannot make it to our office.
Tampa Accident Statistics
Tampa is the largest city in Hillsborough County, Florida, and serves as the county seat. Tampa has a population of just over 387,000, and more than 3 million people reside in the greater Tampa Metro area. In 2022, the Hillsborough County and the Tampa area reported the following accident statistics to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV):
- 28,356 total traffic accidents, resulting in 19,277 injuries and 228 fatalities.
- 476 total bicycle accidents, with 18 fatalities.
- 603 total motorcycle accidents were reported, with 48 motorcycle accident fatalities.
- 675 pedestrian accidents occurred, with 58 fatalities.
- There were also 7,505 hit and run accidents reported, with 1,874 injuries and 14 fatalities.
Common Ways People Suffer Injuries in Tampa
People can suffer a wide range of injuries from various types of accidents and incidents in Tampa. Some of the common personal injury claims we help clients with at Dolman Law Group include:
Tampa Car Accidents
Many personal injury claims stem from Tampa car accidents. With more than 17 million licensed drivers in Florida and millions of visitors each year, city streets and highways are busy and dangerous places.
During one recent year, 400,000 car accidents resulted in more than 3,000 deaths and 250,000 injuries throughout Florida. A variety of factors contribute to traffic crashes, including:
- Driving too fast for road conditions
- Following too closely
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Distracted driving
Dealing with insurance companies and Florida law during the traumatic time after a car accident is stressful. A personal injury lawyer can help make the process go smoothly.
At Dolman Law Group, our legal team has years of experience representing clients who suffered serious—and sometimes permanent—injuries at the hands of a negligent driver. If you've been injured in a car accident, contact us as soon as possible to discuss your legal options.
Tampa Truck Accidents
A common mistake by other personal injury law firms is treating a Tampa trucking accident in much the same manner as a car accident. This error often results in leaving significant money on the table at the time of settlement. Truck accident cases are unique and must be worked up much differently than motor vehicle accident cases.
Additionally, accidents involving a big rig are very expensive to handle properly due to the need for expert witnesses and significant preparation costs. Law firms that handle truck accident lawsuits on a shoestring budget generally obtain much smaller settlements and/or verdicts.
An experienced and competent trucking accident lawyer must have a thorough understanding of federal trucking laws, including hours of service (HOS) regulations. Hours of service govern how long a trucker can operate an 18-wheeler in one continuous shift, how often and how long they must rest, and the number of hours they are able to log in a specific week or month.
In any wreck involving a semi-truck, we will:
- Retain trucking experts to investigate the big rig itself in its post-accident condition and examine the black box (A black box contains data including the speed immediately before and at the time of the wreck.)
- Utilize an expert to comb through the maintenance records of the big rig to determine whether we can add a count to our lawsuit for negligent maintenance.
- Thoroughly investigate the employment records of the individual trucker to decide whether we will bring a count for negligent retention and hiring (if the trucker had prior claims at his or her previous employment)
Oftentimes, truck accident cases cost upwards of $100,000 to prosecute properly. Thus, it is essential that your Tampa accident lawyers have significant financial resources. We maintain a large line of credit, so we have the luxury of retaining the best experts to fully illustrate the damages our clients have sustained.
Tampa Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles lack the airbags, protective structure, and other safety features of a car. This lack of safety features leaves riders at risk for severe injury and even death if they get into an accident. Our firm has handled over 500 motorcycle accident claims and over 200 motorcycle injury lawsuits.
A vast majority of the motorcycle accidents we handle are related to either the distracted driving of the vehicle operator or unsafe lane change by the motorist in failing to see and yield to the right of way of the motorcycle rider.
Our goal is to recoup medical bills and seek payment for property damage along with pain and suffering and the cost of future medical treatment. When you choose our law firm, we will begin with a thorough investigation. We will hire an investigator to take photos of the scene, seek surveillance video when available, and document witness statements. We may then hire an accident reconstructionist to recreate the scene of the wreck to illustrate our theory of why the other driver was negligent.
Keep in mind that motorcycle accidents do not involve PIP (personal injury protection) coverage, which makes them much different than auto accidents. In fact, since PIP coverage is not applicable, there is no permanent injury threshold. Thus, as a motorcyclist, you do not need to prove you sustained a permanent injury to seek compensation from the at-fault negligent party.
Florida law allows motorcycle drivers and passengers to choose whether or not to wear a helmet. Anyone over 21 may ride without a helmet as long as they have at least $10,000 in medical insurance coverage. However, in the event of a traumatic crash, $10,000 is often not enough to cover medical costs. Depending upon the type of injury, medical costs can range in the tens of thousands, and sometimes even millions, of dollars.
Tampa Bicycle Accidents
Florida is the deadliest state in the nation for riding a bicycle, with an average of 5.7 cyclists deaths per one million residents each year. Our number of crashes, including Tampa bicycle accidents, is more than twice as many as the national average of 2.3 deaths per one million residents.
Bicycles have the same rights and duties as the drivers of any other vehicle under Florida Statutes § 316.2065. When a motor vehicle driver fails to share the road, a cyclist can suffer injuries like broken bones or painful road rash. Only those under 16 years old are required to wear helmets, but head injuries are also a real possibility.
Tampa Pedestrian Accidents
Distracted driving, drunk driving, and speeding are all factors that contribute to accidents between cars and pedestrians. Tampa pedestrian accidents are often worse when the vehicle involved is a large SUV. These popular vehicles sit higher and are heavier than standard passenger vehicles.
In these types of accidents, pedestrians often suffer catastrophic injuries or are killed in the course of the accident. In fact, Florida recently ranked second in the nation for pedestrian deaths in accidents involving cars, according to the Governors Highway Safety Administration (GHSA).
Tampa Slip and Fall Accidents
A property owner's negligence can contribute to serious slip and fall injuries. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls are among the leading causes of traumatic brain injury (TBI), accounting for almost half of all TBI-related emergency room visits. Falls can also cause neck and back injuries and broken bones and result in emotional distress. Many people experience anxiety after the fall due to a fear of falling again.
Slip and fall personal injury claims typically involve an area of law called “premises liability.” Under this area of the law, property owners have a “duty of care” to keep their property safe from hazards that may harm others. Examples of hazards that a court may find are a breach of a property owner's “duty of care” include:
- Torn carpeting or rugs
- Wet and slippery floors
- Stairs with no handrail
- Wires and cords lying across floors
- Inadequate or no lighting in parking lots
Dog Bite Accidents
The CDC reports that dogs bite about 4.5 million people each year. Dog bites are especially dangerous for young children, who are more likely to be bitten on the head or neck due to their height.
Dog bites can result in complications like infections and, in extreme cases, rabies. With more than 60 million dog owners in the United States, dogs are everywhere. Always be cautious when around dogs, especially dogs you don't know. Even if you are familiar with a dog, it may still bite you without warning. Giving dogs space and not initiating contact are the safest ways to prevent a bite.
Which Tampa Personal Injuries Have Lasting Impacts?
A devastating personal injury may happen in a second, but the true impact can last forever. Sometimes victims of a traumatic injury never make a full recovery. The following are injuries that can have life-long effects and may entitle the victim to greater compensation:
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
A severe TBI is perhaps one of the most devastating injuries a person can experience. This is especially true for the victim's loved ones as the victim's personality sometimes changes before their eyes.
The CDC describes TBIs as a bump, blow, or sudden jolt to the head. A severe TBI can affect a person's cognitive and motor functions, senses (sight, hearing, vision), and behavior. An injury of this magnitude can result in an inability to work and the need for extensive medical and personal care.
Spinal Cord Injury
Medical professionals refer to spinal cord injuries as “complete” or “incomplete.” Patients with a “complete” injury lose sensation and motor function below the point of injury to their spinal cord. Conversely, patients with an “incomplete” injury have limited sensation and motor function below the injury point.
Complete spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis, making patients dependent upon a wheelchair, modified vehicle, and home modifications. These expenses continue throughout the years as equipment needs replacing and the patient's need for care changes.
During an accident, bones can break in more than one place or even become crushed, requiring surgery. Bone breaks can be extremely catastrophic in cases involving vehicle collisions with motorcycles, bicycles, or pedestrians.
Multiple breaks, especially when accompanied by other serious injuries, often require a long hospital stay. In addition, many patients need extensive physical therapy once they have begun to recover, as well as occupational therapy to relearn simple tasks. The same is true for neck and back injuries, which can leave patients in a brace and with severe pain as they heal.
A person's negligence or reckless behavior can cause any number of serious injuries. Someone's decision to drive drunk, distracted, or aggressively can wreck more than a car—it can wreck another person's life.
What Should I Do to Protect Myself After an Accident in Tampa?
When you suffer injuries in a Tampa accident, you may know that you need to report the accident and go to a medical care provider immediately for a full evaluation of your injuries, but what comes next? You may need to continue taking steps to protect yourself and your right to compensation following any type of accident, even well after the accident.
Contact a Lawyer
As soon as you can after your Tampa accident, get in touch with a personal injury lawyer. No matter what type of injuries you suffered or what type of accident occurred, a lawyer can prove critical in helping you navigate the claim process. A lawyer can offer vital insights into the compensation you deserve for your injuries, who caused your accident, and how you can best ensure you do not end up accepting any liability for the incident.
Get a Copy of the Accident Report
If you reported your accident to the local police or to the business where you slipped and fell, make sure you get a copy of the accident report and check it over for accuracy. Your injury lawyer can help you receive this report as well. A police report can serve as vital evidence to establish who caused your accident, where it occurred and when, and what injuries you suffered.
However, sometimes, that accident report may contain inaccurate information. Ensure that you review the accident report and that it accurately reflects everything that likely led to the incident and when it occurred. If you find inaccurate information, ask to have it corrected as soon as possible.
Follow Any Instructions Issued by Your Medical Care Provider
Depending on the extent of your injuries, you will work with a qualified medical treatment team to ensure you have the best possible odds of recovering. Your care provider may want you to have specific procedures or to go through certain types of therapy to help aid your recovery.
If you fail to follow those essential steps, it could limit your ability to recover the compensation you really deserve after your accident since the insurance company may claim that you limited your own recovery and that, as a result, you do not deserve additional compensation for your injuries.
Furthermore, your medical care provider may issue specific recommendations about activities you must avoid while recovering. Some activities may put more stress on the injured area of your body, which could extend the time needed to recover. Others may cause additional risk of further injury. Listen to your care provider and carefully avoid those activities while you recover from your accident.
Keep Track of Your Medical Expenses
Start a document or file that outlines exactly what expenses you have incurred because of your accident. In many cases, you may have unexpectedly high medical expenses. Serious injuries can also mean bills that seem to come in from all sides.
Keep up with all those expenses as they come in, including copay and deductible amounts you must pay before receiving treatment. All those bills can add up, and you want to make sure that you do not miss any as you put together your injury claim. Again,a skilled personal injury lawyer can help gather and organize your medical expenses.
Journal About Your Recovery
During your recovery, you may face several obstacles and challenges that can make it more difficult for you to fully recover from your injuries. You may also encounter surprising limitations or emotional challenges you did not anticipate as you dealt with the aftermath of your accident.
Keep a journal that clearly details the suffering you experienced on your road to recovery. Later, you can turn to that journal to help lay out your suffering more clearly as part of your injury claim.
How Do I Know If Can I File an Injury Claim in Tampa?
It's easy to feel overwhelmed in the aftermath of personal injury. You're likely concerned about your finances, and your road to recovery may be a long one.
You may not even realize that you could be eligible for compensation. A settlement amount can mean the difference between mounting bill payments, travel expenses, and medical costs and having these pain points fully resolved.
The team of personal injury lawyers at Dolman Law Group can walk you through the process in detail to ensure you're comfortable and fully aware of your rights when it comes to personal injury litigation. To determine whether you have the right to file an injury claim in Tampa, your personal injury attorney at several key details related to your accident.
What Injuries Did You Sustain in the Accident?
As part of your injury claim, you must show that you sustained some type of injury in the accident. In general, you should not expect to file an injury claim if you did not sustain injuries in the incident.
Who Had a Duty of Care to You at the Time of the Accident?
A duty of care includes any duty, stated or implied, to take care of or reduce the risk of an accident for another individual. For example, business owners have a duty of care to their guests: they must ensure a safe experience when guests visit their store and keep the business in good repair to help reduce the risk of an accident. Drivers bear an implied duty of care to everyone on the road, including the occupants of other vehicles, pedestrians, and bike riders.
How Did the Party That Caused Your Accident Violate the Duty of Care?
To file an injury claim, your lawyer must show that the liable party committed an act of negligence that led to the accident. For example, a property owner who knew about damage to a flight of stairs, but failed to take care of those essential repairs, might bear liability for an accident that occurred because someone fell down those stairs.
How Did That Violation of the Duty of Care Lead to Your Accident?
To show that you have grounds for an injury claim, a lawyer will work to show that the violation of the duty of care directly contributed to your accident and the injuries you sustained. For example, if a distracted driver swerved in front of you or sideswiped you, the distracted driver would clearly have contributed to your accident.
On the other hand, a distracted driver several cars away from you would not bear liability for an accident caused because you tailgated the driver in front of you.
How Much Is My Tampa Personal Injury Case Worth?
Determining the exact value of your Tampa personal injury case requires a thorough evaluation of various factors by an experienced personal injury attorney. The value of a case can vary significantly based on the specific circumstances and damages involved. While it's impossible to provide an exact figure without a thorough assessment of your claim, here are some factors that can influence the potential worth of your personal injury case:
- Medical Expenses: The cost of medical treatment, including hospital bills, surgeries, medications, therapy, and ongoing medical care, plays a significant role in determining the value of your case.
- Lost Wages and Future Earnings: If your injuries resulted in missed work or reduced earning capacity, these losses will be factored into your claim. Future earnings may also be considered if your injuries affect your ability to work long-term.
- Pain and Suffering: Non-economic damages, such as physical pain, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life, are challenging to quantify but can greatly impact the value of your case.
- Property Damage: If your personal property was damaged in the incident (e.g., a car in a car accident), the cost of repairing or replacing it may be included in your claim.
- Severity of Injuries: The extent and severity of your injuries, as well as their long-term effects, will influence the value of your case. More serious injuries generally lead to higher compensation.
- Permanent Disability or Disfigurement: If your injuries result in a permanent disability or disfigurement, the compensation amount will likely reflect the long-term impact on your life.
- Liability and Negligence: The degree of fault and negligence on the part of the defendant can affect the value of your case. In cases of clear liability, you may have a stronger claim.
- Pre-existing Conditions: If you had pre-existing medical conditions, their relationship to your current injuries and how they impact your case will be considered.
- Insurance Policy Limits: The amount of insurance coverage available from the at-fault party's insurance policy can cap the maximum compensation you can receive.
- Location: The location of the incident, local laws, and court precedents can influence the potential compensation.
- Legal Costs and Attorney Fees: Any legal costs, fees, and expenses associated with pursuing the case will affect the final amount you receive.
To get a more accurate assessment of the potential value of your Tampa personal injury case, contact a Tampa personal injury attorney at Dolman Law Group. We can review the specifics of your case, calculate your damages, and provide you with an estimate of the compensation you may be entitled to.
Florida Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Cases
Florida has a statute of limitations for how long you can wait before filing a civil lawsuit for your losses. Florida's statute of limitations for personal injury claims is only two years from the date of your accident. This time can go by quickly, especially when you consider that injury claims take time to process and sort through.
You should not wait to get in touch with a lawyer because they will need time to conduct interviews, gather information, and ensure your case is ready for filing well before the deadline. You may find that working with a lawyer soon after your accident makes receiving the compensation you deserve much easier.
Also, some exceptions may exist to the typical deadline that allows you more time to begin your injury suit--so even if you have allowed a lot of time to pass since your accident, you may still have the right to file a claim. Talk to a lawyer as soon as you can to learn more about your rights, even after considerable time has passed. The sooner you get started, the more time you will give your legal team to prepare your case.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Tampa Personal Injury Attorney?
If we work together on your claim, we are paid on a contingency-fee-basis. This method of billing primarily benefits the client. It ensures that you aren't obligated to pay for our legal services until your case has been resolved in your favor. Most personal injury claims are handled on a contingent basis like this.
Clients who enjoy a contingency fee structure receive an initial complimentary consultation. We also cover the cost of initial investigation and litigation. Once a successful settlement has been reached or a court award issued, we receive a percentage of this compensation. Your Dolman Law Group personal injury attorney will explain the process to you during our free initial consultation so you understand what to expect.
How Long Does It Take to Resolve an Injury Claim in Tampa?
It can take considerable time to move through the claim process from filing to settlement. You may need to wait for:
- The investigation. Your lawyer and the liable party’s insurance company will want to investigate what led to the accident. The insurance company will also want time to investigate your claim, including what injuries you sustained and the treatment you needed.
- Your recovery. Until you have had time to recover from your injuries, your doctors might not know how you will eventually feel and how your life will ultimately be affected. Your lawyer may advise that you wait to finalize your claim until you have a better understanding of your expenses.
- Negotiation. The negotiation process can take considerable time, especially in the case of any accident involving substantial injury and a large settlement.
If you have to go to court to resolve your Tampa injury claim, reaching a resolution can take even longer. Talk to a lawyer about the likely timeline for your specific claim.
Can I Still Recover Damages If I'm Partially At Fault for My Tampa Personal Injuries?
Most likely, yes, you may still be able to recover damages even if you are partially at fault for your Tampa personal injuries. However, Florida now follows a legal principle known as a modified comparative fault rule. Under this rule, you may not recover compensation if you are found to be more than 50% at fault for causing your injuries. Additionally, your compensation will be reduced in proportion to your degree of fault. For example, if you are found to be 20% at fault for the accident, your potential compensation will be reduced by 20%.
Here's how comparative negligence works in a Tampa personal injury case:
- Assessment of Fault: Both your own level of fault and the other party's level of fault will be assessed. This is usually done by the insurance companies, your attorney, and potentially a court if the case goes to trial.
- Calculation of Damages: If it's determined that you are partially at fault, your total damages will be calculated. This includes medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other applicable damages.
- Reduction of Damages: Your total damages will be reduced by the percentage of fault attributed to you. For instance, if your damages amount to $100,000 and you are found to be 30% at fault, your potential compensation would be reduced to $70,000.
Navigating comparative negligence rules can be complex, and insurance companies may try to minimize their liability by attributing more fault to you. To protect your rights and ensure you receive fair compensation, it's crucial to work with an experienced personal injury attorney in Tampa. A lawyer from Dolman Law Group can help gather evidence, assess liability, negotiate with insurance companies, and advocate for your best interests throughout the legal process.
What's the Process of Obtaining Compensation for a Tampa Personal Injury?
Obtaining compensation for a personal injury in Tampa involves several steps, from seeking medical treatment to negotiating with insurance companies or pursuing a lawsuit. Here's a general overview of the process:
- Seek Medical Attention: Prioritize your health and safety. Seek medical treatment immediately after the injury. This not only ensures your well-being but also establishes a record of your injuries and their severity.
- Preserve Evidence: Collect and preserve evidence related to the accident or incident. This can include photographs, accident reports, witness statements, and any other documentation that supports your claim.
- Consult an Attorney: Reach out to a personal injury attorney with experience in Tampa. They can evaluate your case, provide legal advice, and guide you through the process.
- Investigation: Your attorney will investigate the circumstances of the accident, gather evidence, interview witnesses, and assess liability.
- Medical Records: Gather all medical records related to your injuries. These records will help establish the extent of your injuries and the necessary medical treatment.
- Calculating Damages: Your attorney will work with you to calculate your damages, which may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and more.
- Demand Letter: Your attorney may send a demand letter to the at-fault party's insurance company. This letter outlines the details of the accident, your injuries, and your demand for compensation.
- Negotiations: Your attorney will negotiate with the insurance company to reach a fair settlement. This can involve back-and-forth discussions to agree on a compensation amount.
- Settlement Agreement: If negotiations are successful, you'll reach a settlement agreement. This agreement will outline the terms of compensation and typically involve signing a release of liability.
- Filing a Lawsuit (If Necessary): If negotiations fail to result in a satisfactory settlement, your attorney might recommend filing a lawsuit. This involves drafting a complaint and filing it with the appropriate court.
- Discovery: If a lawsuit is filed, both parties will engage in the discovery process, exchanging relevant information, evidence, and documentation.
- Pre-Trial Proceedings: Pre-trial motions, hearings, and potential settlement conferences may occur before the trial.
- Trial (If Necessary): If the case goes to trial, both sides will present their arguments and evidence to a judge and potentially a jury. The judge or jury will make a decision based on the evidence presented.
- Judgment and Appeals: If a judgment is reached, the court will issue a decision on the case. Either party might have the option to appeal if they believe legal errors occurred during the trial.
- Compensation Disbursement: If you receive a settlement or court judgment, the compensation will be disbursed. Your attorney will deduct their fees and expenses, and the remaining funds will be provided to you.
Throughout this process, working closely with a skilled Tampa personal injury attorney from Dolman Law Group can ensure that your rights are protected, you receive proper guidance, and you have the best chance of obtaining fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Other Benefits Dolman Law Firm Offers to Tampa Personal Injury Victims and Their Families
No one should pay out-of-pocket for injuries they suffered because of someone else's negligence. Still, pursuing a personal injury case requires a full understanding of Florida law. At Dolman Law Group, our legal team has decades of experience representing personal injury clients in the Tampa region and throughout Florida.
We'll Fight Hard for Your Financial Recovery
Each case is different, but most personal injury victims are entitled to financial compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. If an insurance company is involved, a victim can file a claim on their own, but insurance companies are out to make a profit and usually offer the smallest amount possible to settle the claim. What may seem like a large amount at the time will not always account for a victim's future needs and often isn't enough.
At Dolman Law Group, we take great pride in our ability to negotiate firmly and effectively with insurance companies. If we are unable to reach a fair settlement or it is best for your case, we are ready to go to trial.
We'll Handle the Claim and Lawsuit Filing Process
The sooner you talk with an attorney after an injury, the more likely you are to remember as much of the incident as possible. We will also ensure you meet Florida's statute of limitations and file your court case within the limited period of time after your injury. Once the statute of limitations is up, you can no longer seek compensation for your injuries.
At Dolman Law Group, we make a no-recovery, no-fee promise to all of our clients, meaning you don't pay us unless we help you receive compensation for your injuries. We vow to keep you informed throughout the legal process and treat you with the respect that you deserve. We understand that many of our clients are facing financial, medical, and emotional challenges after experiencing a personal injury—that's why we fight hard for those we represent.
Reach Out for a Free Consultation With a Tampa Personal Injury Lawyer at Dolman Law Group Today
Tampa residents and all Florida accident victims deserve the highest quality legal representation for their personal injury cases. The team at Dolman Law Group has offices conveniently located in Tampa and along both Florida coasts. Call for a free consultation so one of our Tampa Personal Injury Lawyers can do a careful review of your case and explain your best course of action.
Even if you are unsure if you have a case, we encourage you to contact us for a free consultation. We may see an important detail that you overlooked. Don't trust your legal journey to just anyone, and don't try to go it alone. Instead, focus on your health and recovery and leave the legal details to us. Call Dolman Law Group today at (813) 303-0916 or complete our online contact form for your complimentary consultation.
13513 Prestige Pl. Suite 103
Tampa, FL 33635
What Our Clients Have to Say:
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “I can't express enough praise to Brent and his team for the superb results they achieved on my mother's personal injury case. Brent was very hands on with our case and had a genuine interest in my mother's well being. He has an amazing ability to explain all of the moving parts in a personal injury case. We were well informed of every aspect of our case and never felt confused for one moment. I would without a doubt recommend his services! Thank you again Brent !” - Jamie S.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!" - Koralis R.
Read more reviews on Google!
Tampa Emergency Rooms
Be sure to get immediate medical attention from any of the following Tampa emergency rooms or urgent care centers if you suffered serious injuries in a personal injury accident:
- HCA Florida South Tampa Hospital Emergency Room: 2901 W Swann Ave 1st Floor, Tampa, FL 33609
- Tampa General Hospital Emergency Room: 1 Tampa General Cir, Tampa, FL 33606
- St. Joseph's Hospital - Emergency Center: 3001 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL 33614
- AdventHealth Tampa ER: 3100 E Fletcher Ave, Tampa, FL 33613
- HCA Florida West Tampa Hospital Emergency Room: 6001 Webb Rd 1st Floor, Tampa, FL 33615
- AdventHealth Carrollwood ER: 7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614
- HCA Florida New Tampa Emergency: 8951 Cypress Mnr Dr, Tampa, FL 33647
- James A. Haley Veterans' Hospital Emergency Room: 13000 Bruce B Downs Blvd, Tampa, FL 33612
- St. Joseph's Children's- Steinbrenner Emergency/Trauma Center: 3001 W Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL 33607
- TGH Kennedy Emergency Center: 1301 W Kennedy Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606
- HCA Florida Central Tampa Emergency: 801 E Hillsborough Ave, Tampa, FL 33604
- GuideWell Emergency Doctors: 4748 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33614
- Hillsborough County Courthouse: 800 E Twiggs St, Tampa, FL 33602
- Hillsborough Clerk of Court & Comptroller: 601 E Kennedy Blvd Floor 13, Tampa, FL 33602
- Clerk of the Circuit Court: 419 N Pierce St, Tampa, FL 33602
- Sam Gibbons United States Courthouse: 801 N Florida Ave, Tampa, FL 33602
- The 2nd District Court of Appeals: 1700 N Tampa St, Tampa, FL 33602
Neighborhoods We Serve in Tampa
Dolman Law Group serves the following neighborhoods in Aventura:
Hampton Terrace Historic District, Hyde Park, Seminole Heights, Tampa Heights, West Tampa, Ybor City, Davis Islands, Downtown Tampa, Harbour Island, South Howard, Ballast Point, Tampa Palms, Palma Ceia, Channel District, Port Tampa