Large commercial trucks like tankers, semis, and 18-wheelers are constantly hauling their loads in and around Doral. In fact, they are so commonplace that people who see them rarely give them second thoughts—but keep in mind that these vehicles pose significant injury risks to everyone around them. Large commercial trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds and often travel at speeds of 70 miles per hour or more—making them capable of causing extreme damage and severe injuries when they collide with other vehicles.
If a large commercial truck hurt you, speak to an attorney as soon as possible. In many cases, Florida law entitles victims to compensation for their losses, including medical expenses, lost income, lost quality of life, and physical and emotional pain and suffering. To schedule a free case evaluation with a Doral truck accident lawyer, call the Dolman Law Group today at (727) 451-6900 or send us an email through our online contact form.
Commercial Trucking Accidents Result in Complicated Cases
Accidents involving commercial vehicles result in far more complicated liability issues than those involving only cars, trucks, or motorcycles used for personal travel—because a commercial trucking accident potentially involves many more parties, including:
- The truck driver’s employer
- The company responsible for the truck’s cargo
- The company responsible for loading the truck
- The truck or trucking equipment manufacturer
- The company responsible for fleet maintenance
In addition to more potential parties, commercial trucking accidents often involve federal or state trucking regulations that other kinds of wrecks don’t. Commercial trucking is a highly regulated industry, and factors like the number of hours a trucker can drive per day, the placement of lights on truck’s trailer, and the condition of the trucks themselves are all subject to regulations. In some cases, violating these regulations could alone establish liability on the part of the truck driver or the trucker’s employer. Because the untrained eye may not notice these violations, truck accident victims should review their cases with an experienced truck accident attorney who is familiar with trucking regulations.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Many of the same factors cause truck accidents as other motor vehicle accidents—but some truck accidents result from their size and design. For example, because they carry such heavy loads, unbalanced cargo has the potential to destabilize a truck to the extent that the driver cannot avoid an accident. Furthermore, articulated commercial vehicles consist of two or more segments joined by a coupling device. Improper braking or fast turns can cause a commercial vehicle to jackknife, with the segments folding onto one another and causing the driver to lose control. Common factors in truck accidents—and all motor vehicle accidents—include:
- Distracted driving
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Failing to signal lane changes
- Following too closely
- Failing to adapt driving to poor weather conditions
- Driver fatigue
- Driver error
- Negligent hiring
The Truck Accident Lawyers of the Dolman Law Group Are Here to Help
The aftermath of a serious accident involving a commercial truck can stress and confuse anyone. Not only must victims deal with physical injuries and medical treatments, they often worry about the financial repercussions of their accidents and how to navigate the claims process. Fortunately, the attorneys of the Dolman Law Group are a phone call away and can significantly ease the burdens associated with a commercial trucking accident. An attorney assist you through:
- Case evaluation and investigation – Not every truck accident case entitles victims to compensation. An attorney will listen to your side of the story (at no cost to you) and let you know whether you may have a claim. In some cases, determining whether a valid claim exists requires additional investigation, and your lawyer may choose to investigate your case further to uncover any evidence of negligence. In some cases, your attorney may use a legal process known as discovery to compel the production of certain evidence from other parties.
- Communications with the insurance company on your behalf – An attorney will attempt to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company that adequately compensates you for all of your losses. Hiring a lawyer to handle talking to the insurance company is a good idea, because insurance company representatives often use tactics designed to frustrate victims into accepting lowball settlement offers or inadvertently admitting fault for an accident.
- Filing a lawsuit and trying your case – In some instances, the other party denies liability for an accident or the insurance company refuses to make a reasonable settlement offer. Your lawyer may then file a personal injury lawsuit in the appropriate court and try your case before a judge or a jury.
Call Us Today to Speak with a Truck Accident Attorney in Doral, Florida
If a truck accident hurt you in the Doral area, call the Dolman Law Group as soon as possible. We provide free case evaluations and will never collect any legal fees from you unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf. To schedule a free case evaluation with one of our lawyers, call the Dolman Law Group today at (727) 451-6900 or send us an email through our online contact form.
Sibley Dolman Accident Injury Lawyers, LLP
8400 NW 36th St Suite 450
Doral, FL 33166
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“My experience with this law firm has been extremely pleasant. After being involved in an accident where I was injured, I was able to seek treatment from the best doctors in the area. I was lucky to have a team that assisted in scheduling my appointments that worked around both my full time work schedule and my demanding grad school schedule. Even with a move out of state to New York, I was able to remain with this law firm and continue treatment in south Florida while remaining under the care of the doctors that I felt most comfortable with. Even though I suffered injuries and experienced difficulties in that aspect, the team here was able to make sure that I was able to continue work and stay on track with grad school all while I moved to a new state.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!