No one should have to face aggressive insurance adjusters, opposing counsel, and at-fault parties alone after a car accident caused by someone else's negligence. If you sustained injuries in a car accident that someone else caused, a Palm Harbor car accident lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, is here to help you seek the monetary compensation you deserve to pay for your injuries after your crash.
We understand the difficulty involved in the process of filing an insurance claim or litigating a car crash lawsuit, and we can help you fight for the maximum compensation allowed under the law. Our firm can represent you against insurers and at-fault parties to seek recovery for your losses.
Our Palm Harbor Car Accident Lawyers Successfully Settle and Litigate Auto Wreck Claims
At Dolman Law Group, our lawyers for car accident victims work to help our clients reach a positive resolution after a car wreck that will help them recover from their injuries and other losses.
Some of our past results for our clients include:
- $5 million for a victim of a rear-end collision with serious burn injuries.
- $3.85 million for a semi-truck accident victim with traumatic brain injuries and spinal injuries.
- $3.2 million settlement for a victim of a truck accident with traumatic brain injuries.
- Our Palm Harbor Car Accident Lawyers Successfully Settle and Litigate Auto Wreck Claims
- Potential Car Accident Dangers in Palm Harbor
- The Most Common Causes of Palm Harbor Car Accidents
- How Palm Harbor Car Crash Attorneys Prove Negligence in a Motor Vehicle Accident
- Injuries That Can Result From a Car Accident
- The Role of No-Fault Insurance in a Palm Harbor Auto Accident
- Our Palm Harbor Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You Recover Damages
- Contact a Palm Harbor Car Accident Lawyer at Dolman Law Group Today
Potential Car Accident Dangers in Palm Harbor
Each time you get behind the wheel of your car, you face the risk of an accident. Commutes in Palm Harbor—and the surrounding areas of Clearwater, Tampa, and St. Petersburg—involve an everyday risk of sustaining injuries in a car accident. Home to over 60,000 residents, this small but busy Florida west coast community sees many visitors and traffic in and out of the area throughout the year.
On the outskirts of one of the biggest metropolitan areas in Florida, many visitors come to this area to experience some of the many natural landscapes and attractions that the Florida Gulf Coast has to offer.
Areas of interest in and around Palm Harbor include:
- Honeymoon Island State Park
- Lake Tarpon
- Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art
- Anclote Key Preserve State Park
- Tarpon Springs
- Crystal Beach
Unfortunately, with beautiful beaches and other landmarks comes higher traffic and increases in the risk of a car accident in and around Palm Harbor, particularly during busier seasons, such as the summer and winter months. In just one year, the Palm Harbor area reports over 14,000 motor vehicle crashes, of which over 100 will result in a fatality and over 8,000 injuries.
The Most Common Causes of Palm Harbor Car Accidents
Many factors can contribute to a traffic accident, and several external forces at play during an accident can exacerbate the severity of an accident as well as the injuries to the occupants of vehicles. However, ultimately, one primary factor exists in each motor vehicle collision. Driver negligence is the primary cause of many car accidents.
The negligence of one or more parties may result in a car accident, and serve as the direct cause of injuries and damages to the victims of a negligent driver’s actions.
- Driver distraction - Cell phones, entertainment systems, other activities, and passengers can create distractions for drivers while on the road. In the blink of an eye, a driver can lose focus, lose control of a vehicle, and collide with another nearby vehicle, object, or pedestrian.
- Drivers under the influence - Impairment due to alcohol or drugs proves especially problematic in the late evening hours and areas in proximity to bars and other late-night locales that serve alcohol and serve as popular party destinations. Over 800 people lose their lives each year in Florida in alcohol-related traffic collisions.
- Aggressive or careless drivers - Drivers that make aggressive or careless maneuvers on the roads put others in the vicinity at risk of an accident. Certain actions, such as weaving in and out of heavy traffic congestion, overtaking vehicles, and making lane changes without proper signaling, can all lead to a car accident.
- Inclement weather - In Florida, rainy days frequently occur and often unexpectedly. Weather can change in a matter of minutes from sunny to thunderstorms, which can catch drivers off guard. Wet weather requires drivers to slow down and adapt to stay safe. Drivers that fail to meet the needs of bad weather on the roads can cause an accident with others, which may result in serious to fatal injuries.
- High speed - Speeding causes many car accidents. When a driver travels at excessive speeds, the driver may struggle to react quickly enough or come to a stop if an obstacle or congestion suddenly appears in the road ahead.
- Failure to follow traffic signals - Traffic signals serve as more than just mere suggestions, and when a driver fails to follow the rules of the road, the likelihood of a car accident goes up. Running red lights, stop signs, and failing to yield to others as signs indicate can wreak havoc at intersections and throughout city streets.
How Palm Harbor Car Crash Attorneys Prove Negligence in a Motor Vehicle Accident
Personal injury laws in each state allow for certain victims of negligence to recover compensation from the wrongdoers that cause harm. Car accidents fall under the umbrella of personal injury law, and when you suffer injuries in an accident due to another driver or party’s negligence. you may qualify to pursue compensation under the law.
A plaintiff must show that the elements of negligence apply to the defendant in a case to establish that a party bears liability for your damages. To prove negligence, you must show that the party you think bears liability for the accident meets each of the elements under the law.
The elements to establish negligence in a car accident include:
- Another driver or party owes you a duty of care - Essentially, most drivers that get behind the wheel of a vehicle understand that they must do so in consideration of the safety of other drivers, passengers, and travelers along the roadways. In addition to the driver of a vehicle, other parties may owe you a duty of care as well, such as a company or employer that has a relationship with the at-fault driver.
- The other party breached the duty of care to you, whether through action and/or inaction - A breach or violation of the duty of care can take place whether through an at-fault party’s reckless actions or the at-fault party’s failure to act.
- You sustained an injury in the accident - Under the law of recovery for negligence, you must show that you suffered some form of harm. A physical injury, damage, or other loss will meet this element.
- The injury or loss stems from the at-fault party’s breach - The injury, loss, or damage that you suffer must connect to the violation of the duty of care by the other driver or party. You must establish a link between the actions of the other party and the damage that you’ve suffered.
Injuries That Can Result From a Car Accident
Any car accident can end in injuries to an involved party. The amount of property damage on a vehicle does not always indicate the seriousness of the injuries to a victim. Whether a rear-end collision or a rollover crash, the violent impact and force in car accidents can prove life-threatening to a victim. When you become the victim of the negligence of another driver, you may feel caught off guard and unaware of the collision in the preceding moment. The inability to react can leave you vulnerable and unable to brace for the impact of another vehicle.
When your body sustains injuries in a car accident, the violent jolts and pulls from multiple directions can result in many types of different injuries and severity. Beyond the initial collision with another vehicle, many factors can contribute to more severe injuries, such as a rollover, the loss of control of your vehicle, nearby walls or objects, as well as a possible secondary impact.
In many instances, you may not fully realize the gravity of your car accident injuries immediately after a motor vehicle accident. Visible injuries don’t constitute the only threat to your health after an accident. Many serious car accident injuries can develop slowly and worsen over time. After a car accident, victims must remain cautious and seek medical attention after any indication of one or more injuries.
Common car accident injuries can include:
- Head injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back injuries, including spinal cord injury
- Broken bones or fractures
- Joint dislocations
- Injuries to tendons, ligaments, or muscles
- Internal bleeding or trauma to organs
- Loss of a limb or amputation
The Role of No-Fault Insurance in a Palm Harbor Auto Accident
Florida follows the legal doctrine of no-fault insurance. This does not mean that fault has no role in a car accident, but it indicates that a victim of a car crash has multiple options for recovery after an accident occurs. If you sustain injuries in a car accident due to the negligence of another party, you may file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance, your PIP own insurer, or both. A car accident lawyer can provide further guidance as to the best option for your circumstances.
When the other party’s negligence appears clear, you may want to file a claim with the other insurer. However, if the other party has no insurance or low policy limits, you should probably also file a claim with your own insurance company.
Communicate with a Palm Harbor car accident attorney before you file a claim for your damages and injuries. Whether you file a claim with your insurer or the at-fault party’s insurance company, the insurance companies care more about their bottom lines than your best interests.
Our Palm Harbor Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You Recover Damages
After a car accident, you may have severe damage to your vehicle and serious injuries from which you need to recover. You may face mounting medical bills, be out of work, and feel unsure what impact your injuries will have on your future. You may qualify to pursue compensation for your losses, both economic and non-economic. Courts award damages in a car accident lawsuit to compensate victims for the financial expenses and losses that they incur, as well as the impact an injury has had or will have on their lives.
Car accident damages can include:
- Medical costs - You can include bills for the medical expenses of your care now and in the future as part of your claim or lawsuit. Serious injuries can have costly medical expenses, and if an injury results in a permanent disability, you may require lifelong care and services.
- Lost income - Whether you only have to miss work for a few days or you cannot ever return to work due to your injuries, an insurance claim or lawsuit allows you to seek compensation for these income losses. You may also qualify to seek future losses of income if your injuries prevent you from returning to your field of work.
- Vehicle and property damages - If the accident causes property damage to your vehicle or even completely totals it, an insurance claim or lawsuit will allow you to seek compensation for this damage, as well as any other personal property with you at the time of the accident
Contact a Palm Harbor Car Accident Lawyer at Dolman Law Group Today
If you sustain injuries in an auto accident, a Palm Harbor car accident lawyer at Dolman Law Group is available 24/7 to discuss the compensation you may recover. During your free consultation, one of our compassionate car crash attorneys can discuss the details of your accident, answer questions about your legal options, and help you decide whether you want to work with our dedicated legal team to resolve your case.
We look forward to helping you through this difficult time. Reach out to our Palm Harbor personal injury lawyers through our online contact form or call (727) 677-5558 for your free case evaluation today.
Palm Harbor Office Location
2385 Tampa Road, Suite 4
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!"
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!