Although many people may never need to work with Tallahassee car accident lawyers, no one knows what the future holds. Consider the following possible scenario...
On a typical day in Tallahassee, you might be heading to the Florida Motor Vehicles office on Apalachee Parkway to renew your license. Unfortunately, you miss your appointment because a driver was not paying attention while leaving the Fairfield Inn and struck the side of your vehicle.
In a split second, your life is changed. The crash damaged your car, and you are on your way to the emergency room. You have a thousand questions running through your head. What about my job? What about my children? I cannot afford to miss work recovering from an injury.
This is where our Tallahassee car accident attorneys can help.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we can answer your questions and help pursue financial compensation for the losses you will suffer while you focus on recovering from the injuries you suffered in your Tallahassee car accident.
- Why Choose Dolman Law Group as Your Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyers?
- Why You Need to Contact a Tallahassee Car Accident Attorney at Dolman Law Group Today
- Understanding the Compensation Your Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyer Can Recover
- Some Dangerous Tallahassee Roadways Experience Several Car Accidents Every Year
- Auto Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
- Let Our Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyers Fight the Insurance Company on Your Behalf
- Actions You and Your Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyer Can Take After a Motor Vehicle Crash
- Contact the Dedicated Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyers at Dolman Law Group Today
Why Choose Dolman Law Group as Your Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyers?
There are several reasons why you can trust us to help. We have more than 115 years of combined experience helping people across Florida recover the financial losses they have suffered through no fault of their own. We know accident victims need an advocate. That is why every Tallahassee personal injury lawyer in our firm has the same goal: to represent accident victims and get them the help they need following an injury.
Some of the successful auto accident claim resolutions we have achieved include:
- $5 million - Car Accident Resulting in Burn Injuries
- $1 million - Car Accident Resolution
- $775,000 - Full Recovery for Father and Son
Our case results speak for themselves. While our past successes may not reflect our future success, you can gauge the importance we place on helping car accident victims recover the compensation they need to ensure they are not facing financial ruin after an accident that was not their fault.
Why You Need to Contact a Tallahassee Car Accident Attorney at Dolman Law Group Today
Whether you have suffered a minor injury or a traumatic brain injury in a car accident, your rights must be protected. We understand that most accident victims are not current on personal injury law statutes and may not understand their legal rights. That is where we come in.
Dolman Law Group has offices on both Florida coasts. We are committed to helping accident victims recover financially after an accident where they were not at fault. We believe that justice includes ensuring you are not suffering the financial losses common after a serious injury.
You can contact Dolman Law Group at any of our conveniently located offices, including our Tallahassee location. We can meet in person, or we can meet virtually if that is best for you. We will evaluate your case and ensure you know which legal options are available to you after a car accident.
Understanding the Compensation Your Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyer Can Recover
While we never take a one-size-fits-all approach to determining what areas of compensation we can pursue on behalf of car accident victims, there are some standard expenses and costs we include in every claim.
- Medical expenses associated with an injury suffered in a car accident
- Future medical bills if an injury requires long-term treatment
- Wage losses during recovery time
- Future wages you may lose due to serious injury
- Cost of medical equipment like wheelchairs, braces, and hospital beds
- Costs of upgrading home features to keep you safe while you recover
These are only some of the areas we may assist Tallahassee car accident victims in seeking compensation for their injuries. Several other factors affect the final determination of the amount of your claim. We leave no stone unturned, and we'll thoroughly explain your claim so you understand why we have sought specific compensation.
Our goal at Dolman Law Group is to obtain the maximum possible financial recovery available to you based on your injury and losses.
Some Dangerous Tallahassee Roadways Experience Several Car Accidents Every Year
Florida has more than 13 million passenger vehicles registered, according to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). Tallahassee alone has nearly 200,000 residents, and the area gets more than 2.4 million tourists annually. Some days, it can feel like you are sharing the road with every person who lives and works in Tallahassee.
Some of the most dangerous intersections in the area include:
- Orange Avenue and Springhill Road - A combination of parks, retail outlets, schools, and medical facilities combine to make this area one of the most congested in Tallahassee.
- Ocala Road and West Tennessee Street - This relatively short, congested area contains retail outlets, big box stores, and the entrance to a U.S. highway. Because of this, accidents often involve people pulling out of parking lots.
- Apalachee Parkway and Magnolia Drive - While you can grab a quick view of the two capital buildings, this area has been referred to as “a snarled traffic non-mover.”
- White Drive & Pensacola Street - warehouses, condominiums, a jail, fast food restaurants, and condominiums can result in this area having high traffic volume throughout much of the day.
Across Leon County, home to Tallahassee, 3,803 crashes left 2,665 victims suffering an injury, according to recent numbers. If you are one of these victims, you should contact a car accident attorney at Dolman Law Group as soon as possible. We can help you receive compensation for the injuries you suffered due to another driver's negligence.
Auto Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
A car accident victim can be a child, a middle-aged person, or a senior citizen. Because of that age (and size discrepancy), injuries often reflect where someone sat when the accident occurred and where the vehicles struck each other.
Some of the potential injuries victims can face include:
- Head, neck, back, or spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Broken or crushed bones
- Internal injuries
- Cuts and abrasions from broken glass
These are only a few types of injuries that a Tallahassee car accident victim may have to deal with after being a victim of another driver's careless behavior on the roadway. Regardless of how minor you think your injury is, seek immediate medical attention to ensure that the adrenaline coursing through your system following an accident does not mask a severe injury.
An accident can occur in any number of ways on busy Tallahassee roads, including:
- Rear-end collisions - Many people believe a rear-end accident can be considered a minor accident. However, when one car is at a stop, and a moving car strikes it, serious injuries can result.
- Head-on collisions - When a car crosses the lane and strikes another oncoming vehicle, the outcome can lead to fatalities or serious injuries. In nearly all these cases, both vehicles were traveling at the speed limit or higher.
- Sideswipe collisions - These accidents are always dangerous because the possibility exists that more than two vehicles may be involved. When someone strikes the side of your vehicle, you can lose control and hit another car or move into another lane of traffic.
Naturally, other car accidents can and do occur on Tallahassee roadways. Regardless of the nature of the accident, a Tallahassee car accident attorney at Dolman Law Group can help you navigate the claims process and help recover compensation for your losses.
Let Our Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyers Fight the Insurance Company on Your Behalf
Every driver in Florida needs insurance. However, this can be a problem for accident victims. Florida is a no-fault insurance state, which can complicate negotiating with insurance companies. There are some unique reasons why this is true.
Florida drivers are required to maintain PIP coverage.
While drivers must maintain coverage, the minimum policy is only $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage per person. Since this coverage only pays 80 percent of medical bills and wages while you recover from an injury, you can exhaust this coverage very quickly.
Florida only allows third-party claims in cases of serious injury.
While victims often hear that they may only file a claim against the at-fault driver in serious injury cases, there are very few explanations about what rises to this level. For example, a car accident victim may qualify if they suffered a broken bone, lost a limb, or suffered significant disfiguring scars. Before you decide that you have no right to file a claim, talk to an accident injury attorney and have them evaluate your case.
Insurance companies do not want to pay claims.
Let's face it: insurers profit by collecting premiums and not paying claims. Since a claim is considered an expense, it is in their best interest to deny claims or do everything possible to pay as little as possible.
Insurance companies have lawyers on their side. You need to level the playing field.
Many people forget that an insurance company will always consult its legal team if there are any questions about an accident claim. If you attempt to negotiate independently, you are not protecting your interests unless you understand their tactics and personal injury law.
When you are involved in an accident that is not your fault, you need to work with someone who has experience dealing with insurance companies and who understands Florida's personal injury laws. That is why it makes sense to contact Dolman Law Group immediately after an accident. Let us take the burden of dealing with the insurers while you focus on recovering from your injury.
In the days following filing an accident claim with your insurance company, you will hear from an adjuster. It is always important to remember they work for the insurance company and are not there to protect your interests, nor are they obligated to advise you of your rights. When you work with our car accident attorneys, you can tell the adjuster to call us and then relax, knowing we will take care of your claim for you.
Actions You and Your Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyer Can Take After a Motor Vehicle Crash
While you are recovering from your injuries, there are some things you can do to help ensure that your attorney has the information they need to negotiate the best possible settlement for your case.
Some of the things you can do include:
- Keep good records - Keep track of all medical receipts, including prescriptions, doctor visit costs, and mileage to and from your visits. This will help bolster your claim for reimbursement for medical expenses.
- Document your recovery - Clients often question us when we recommend a journal. However, a record of your pain levels, daily frustrations, and events you may have missed while recovering can help us bolster your pain and suffering claim.
- Collect documents - Requesting a copy of your accident report is another concrete step you can take following an accident. Remember, these reports are often unavailable for up to 10 days following the accident. These often must be collected in person if the accident occurred in Tallahassee, and you can authorize your lawyer to receive the report on your behalf.
When you meet with a car accident injury attorney in their office, you should bring all these documents with you because they will be helpful for your lawyer to prepare your claim. Remember, the more information an attorney has available to them when filing a claim, the more accurately they can place a dollar value on your claim. The better the records you keep, the more you are helping your claim.
Contact the Dedicated Tallahassee Car Accident Lawyers at Dolman Law Group Today
If you suffered an injury in a Tallahassee car accident or anywhere in Florida, you have questions, you need legal advice, and you need to understand your legal options. The Tallahassee car accident lawyers at Dolman Law Group are here with answers, the advice you need, and exceptional legal services to help you regain peace of mind.
2707 Killarney Way, Suite 205
Tallahassee, FL 32309
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“Chad Robinson always responded immediately whenever I had questions or concerns. He worked hard to make sure I received what I deserved.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!"
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!