Car accidents are consistently one of the most common causes of serious injuries throughout Florida. In many cases, victims sustain serious injuries that significant damage nearly every aspect of their life—often through no fault of their own. Sometimes, these injuries are so severe they result in long-term medical issues that prevent victims from earning a living or engaging in everyday tasks that they once took for granted.
Sibley Dolman consists of experienced car accident attorneys in Doral, Florida. We know how important it is for victims to obtain the compensation they deserve, so we provide aggressive legal counsel and representation. We offer free, no-obligation case evaluation and will never charge you legal fees unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf. To schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys, call Sibley Dolman today at (727) 451-6900 or send us an email through our online contact form.
Many Car Accidents Result From Driver Negligence
Under Florida law, people are typically entitled to compensation for their accident-related losses when the negligence of others injures them in auto accidents. In personal injury law, negligence refers to a person’s failure to use the degree of care that a reasonable person under the same or similar circumstances would ordinarily use. In addition, a legal doctrine known as negligence per se would hold negligent as a matter of law any person whose violation of a law resulted in the type of harm the law was designed to prevent. Common examples of driver negligence that often results in injury-causing accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Following other vehicles too closely
- Not stopping at stop signs
- Ignoring stop lights
- Impaired driving
- Improper turns
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failing to signal lane changes
Determining negligence or a violation of the law on the part of a driver may require significant legal analysis, so victims must take the time to review their cases with an experienced lawyer.
Doral Auto Accidents Can Cause Serious Injuries
People can sustain extremely serious injuries in car accidents in the Doral area. Common auto wreck injuries are described in detail below:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Traumatic brain injuries, or TBIs, often strike when a person’s head slams into the dashboard, the windshield, or any other part of the vehicle, and can also take place when accidents throw occupants from vehicles and into the ground or other objects. When severe, TBIs can result in long-term cognitive issues and may even result in persistent vegetative states.
- Spinal cord injuries – Spinal cord injuries can take place when trauma to the spinal cord or column
disrupts the flow of communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Incomplete spinal cord injuries (where there is still some communication) can result in issues like weakness, pins and needles, lost range of motion, and numbness. In complete spinal cord injuries, communication completely shuts off, paralyzing victims below the sites of their injuries.
- Broken bones – The forces involved in most motor vehicle accidents can easily break bones in the human body. As a result, many car accident victims suffer broken arms, legs, or ribs. In cases involving head trauma, victims can even sustain facial fractures that require extensive cosmetic surgeries to treat.
Reported Car Accidents Involving Injuries in Doral
Protecting Your Rights After a Doral Car Accident
Your actions in the minutes, days, and weeks immediately following an accident can dramatically alter how much compensation you ultimately recover. You can do maximize your chances of recovering compensation for all of your losses by:
- Remaining polite, exchanging information, but not apologizing – After an accident, exchange information with the other driver(s). Get names and insurance information. While it’s polite to apologize after bumping into someone at the grocery store with a cart, the same does not hold true after a car accident—the other parties could construe that as an admission of fault. For this reason, remain polite to the other drivers involved, but do not apologize for the accident.
- Seek medical attention – Even if you can walk away and do not think you suffered particularly serious injuries, failing to seek medical attention will deprive you of an official record of your injuries, which can make recovering compensation much more difficult. In addition, your injuries may worsen with time, making them much more severe than you initially thought. Thus, start treatments right away.
- Call an attorney – As an accident victim, the most effective way to protect your legal rights is to call a lawyer as soon as you can. Waiting to call a lawyer can risk the loss of evidence important to your case, and insurance companies often take advantage of victims who have not retained legal counsel by making unreasonably low settlement offers or engaging in tactics designed to frustrate and delay.
Call Sibley Dolman Today to Speak with a Doral Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents often leave victims with substantial economic and non-economic losses, including medical expenses, lost income, a reduced quality of life, and physical and emotional pain and suffering. For this reason, people who were involved in a crash must take steps to protect their legal rights. At Sibley Dolman, our lawyers will review the facts of your case at no cost to you and do everything possible to get you to the compensation you deserve under Florida law. To schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers, call Sibley Dolman today at (727) 451-6900 or send us an email through our online contact form.
8400 NW 36th St Suite 450
Doral, FL 33166
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“My experience with this law firm has been extremely pleasant. After being involved in an accident where I was injured, I was able to seek treatment from the best doctors in the area. I was lucky to have a team that assisted in scheduling my appointments that worked around both my full time work schedule and my demanding grad school schedule. Even with a move out of state to New York, I was able to remain with this law firm and continue treatment in south Florida while remaining under the care of the doctors that I felt most comfortable with. Even though I suffered injuries and experienced difficulties in that aspect, the team here was able to make sure that I was able to continue work and stay on track with grad school all while I moved to a new state.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!