Life in Southeastern Florida can be exciting and adventurous in the tropical neighborhoods surrounding Aventura. Unfortunately, accidents and injuries can happen in the blink of an eye, changing your life forever.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, our Aventura personal injury lawyers have built our practice around representing the rights of Florida accident victims. We work tirelessly to ensure that our injured clients receive as much compensation as possible from the negligent or careless parties who caused their losses.
If you were injured in an accident, schedule a free consultation with one of our compassionate team members today by calling (954) 302-7068.
- Why Choose the Dolman Law Group to Handle Your Aventura Personal Injury Claim
- Types of Aventura Personal Injury Claims We Handle at the Dolman Law Group
- Our Skilled Aventura Personal Injury Attorneys are Aggressive Negotiators
- Our Aventura Law Office Location
- Considering Handling Your Injury Claim on Your Own? Don't Do It!
- Schedule A Free Consultation
- Aventura Area Accident Statistics
- What Types of Injuries Can You Suffer in an Aventura Accident?
- What Should I Do After an Aventura Accident?
- How Do I Know If I Have an Aventura Personal Injury Claim?
- What Damages Can I Recover in My Aventura Injury Case?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Aventura?
- How Much Will I Pay for a Personal Injury Lawyer in Aventura?
- How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Aventura Personal Injury Case?
- What If I'm Partially Responsible for My Injuries? Can I Still Recover Compensation?
- What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process in Aventura?
- Schedule A Free Consultation
- Call an Aventura Personal Injury Lawyer at Dolman Law Group For a Free Case Evaluation
- Client Testimonials
Why Choose the Dolman Law Group to Handle Your Aventura Personal Injury Claim
With more than 120 years of combined experience, our accident injury team has recovered more than $400 million for our clients. Our attorneys have earned national recognition for our outstanding professionalism, and we have received numerous five-star reviews and powerful testimonials from our clients.
No one expects or deserves to be injured in an accident caused by another person's negligence. Unfortunately, serious, injury-causing incidents are a daily occurrence in Aventura and the surrounding areas. With a population of 35,000, Aventura boasts world-class shopping, various public parks, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, and sandy beaches—all just 18 miles north of Miami. This activity means increased traffic and visitors who don't know the area, along with the increased risk of injury daily.
Accidents resulting in injury often leave victims with significant losses—both economic and non-economic. These losses can include medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, property damage, and a diminished quality of life. Florida law entitles victims of accidents caused by the negligence of others to request compensation for their losses. However, obtaining this compensation does not occur automatically. Victims often face tedious negotiations with an insurance company, or they must file a lawsuit to recover damages. This is where we can help.
You can trust us to take an active interest in your case and work diligently to help you recover the maximum compensation possible.
Types of Aventura Personal Injury Claims We Handle at the Dolman Law Group
At Dolman Law Group, we are exceptionally qualified to represent the rights of people who have been injured in many types of preventable accidents. We regularly work with individuals who have been hurt in the following types of accidents:
- Aventura Car Accidents
- Aventura Drunk Driving Accidents
- Aventura Pedestrian Accidents
- Aventura Bus Accident Lawyer
- Aventura Slip and Fall Accidents
- Aventura Truck Accidents
- Aventura Motorcycle Accidents
- Aventura Bicycle Accidents
A significant portion of our practice is devoted to people who have sustained catastrophic or other serious injuries in these and other types of accidents. For example, we represent the rights of people who have sustained traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, burn injuries, birth injuries, back and neck injuries, and other injuries that can have long-term effects.
If your injuries were caused by someone else, we could likely hold the negligent party responsible for your related costs and losses. We know how to prove negligence, identify damages, and value these claims. We can file a claim with the at-fault party's insurer or sue them on your behalf.
Let us assess your case to see how we can help today. Contact us for a no-cost case evaluation.
Our Skilled Aventura Personal Injury Attorneys are Aggressive Negotiators
Contrary to what television and movies may have you believe, the vast majority of personal injury cases do not go to trial. Instead, they are resolved by the victim's attorney and the at-fault party's insurance company reaching a settlement agreement. In a settlement, the responsible party's insurance (or the responsible party personally) agrees to pay the victim a certain amount of money in exchange for the victim releasing that party from any further liability.
Importantly, as an accident victim, don't make the mistake of thinking that you do not need a lawyer because your case is unlikely to go to court. Any settlement you accept must compensate you for all of your losses, including those which are difficult to monetize, such as pain and suffering. Insurance companies, as a rule, try to minimize the amount of money they pay out—even for completely valid claims.
In many cases, insurance companies will take advantage of unrepresented victims. These companies could make unreasonably low settlement offers, hoping that victims accept them and move on with their lives. Sometimes, they even engage in tactics like dragging a claim out for months or even years to wear victims down. In such cases, victims may accept an offer that they know is too low just to get some money to pay their mounting bills.
For these reasons, it is highly advisable to retain a personal injury attorney to represent you in settlement negotiations, even if the insurance company seems willing to pay. The Aventura personal injury attorneys at Dolman Law Group are tenacious negotiators who will work hard to get you the settlement you deserve.
While most cases are settled out of court, some are not. In cases where liability for the accident is unclear or damages are in serious dispute, the victims can file a lawsuit to recover compensation. Filing a personal injury lawsuit is complicated, and you should always have experienced legal counsel representing you. The lawyers of Dolman Law Group are experienced litigators who will not hesitate to take a large insurance company to court if it is in your best interests.
Our Aventura Law Office Location
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, has an Aventura law office located at 20803 Biscayne Boulevard Suite 101, Aventura, FL 33180. Come by our office or contact us by phone or online for a no-cost case evaluation.
Considering Handling Your Injury Claim on Your Own? Don't Do It!
An insurance company may try to convince you that you can file a personal injury claim on your own, and technically, they are right. But when you try to handle a personal injury claim without legal representation, the insurance company counts on you making many mistakes because you lack experience and knowledge regarding personal injury claims.
Many people that attempt to handle personal injury claims on their own will inadvertently make mistakes that diminish the value of their claim. This is what insurance companies want. It is in your best interest to work with an experienced attorney who can not only help you avoid these pitfalls but will also use their legal skills and knowledge to negotiate a settlement that will likely exceed one secured on your own.
Working with our Aventura personal injury attorneys also allows you to fully focus on your medical treatment and healing so you can return to the activities you enjoyed before your accident, if possible. When we manage a personal injury claim, we take care of everything from beginning to end. While you still retain control and make all decisions, you can choose how often you want updates or how involved you want to be. We believe your health should come first, so we take care of the rest.
Aventura Area Accident Statistics
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) maintains reports of traffic accidents that caused injuries or fatalities that occur throughout Florida. Aventura is located in Miami-Dade County, and the FLHSMV reported the following for the Aventura area:
- 63,515 total traffic accidents, resulting in 28,722 injuries and 323 fatalities.
- 919 total bicycle accidents happened, with 18 fatalities.
- 1,197 total motorcycle accidents were reported, with 44 motorcycle accident fatalities.
- 1,790 pedestrian accidents occurred, with 87 fatalities.
- There were also 21,793 hit and run accidents, with 3,469 injuries and 36 fatalities.
What Types of Injuries Can You Suffer in an Aventura Accident?
You can suffer a wide range of injuries in Aventura, depending on the type of accident. Whether from a car accident, pedestrian accident, bicycle accident, slip and fall, or any other accident caused by someone else's negligence, you could suffer any of the following:
- Whiplash: This is a common injury in car accidents, where the head is jerked suddenly and forcefully, causing strain on the neck muscles and ligaments.
- Broken Bones: Fractures and broken bones can occur due to the force of impact in accidents. Common bones that may break include limbs, ribs, collarbones, and more.
- Head Injuries: Head injuries, ranging from minor concussions to more severe traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), can happen in accidents, especially if there's a direct impact to the head.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Accidents can cause damage to the spinal cord, resulting in paralysis or other long-term neurological effects.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These include injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Sprains, strains, and tears in these tissues are common in accidents.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Broken glass, debris, or sharp objects can cause cuts and lacerations that may require stitches or other medical attention.
- Internal Injuries: Blunt force trauma can lead to injuries to internal organs, such as the liver, spleen, kidneys, or lungs, which might not be immediately visible.
- Burns: If an accident involves fire or hot surfaces, burns can occur and range from mild to severe.
- Psychological Injuries: Accidents can also cause emotional and psychological trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression.
- Amputations: In severe accidents, limbs can be trapped or crushed, leading to the need for amputation.
- Internal Bleeding: Trauma from an accident can cause internal bleeding, which might not be immediately apparent and could be life-threatening.
- Facial Injuries: Broken bones in the face, dental injuries, and damage to facial tissues can occur, especially in accidents involving airbags or sudden impacts.
- Joint Injuries: Accidents can result in dislocations or injuries to joints, such as the shoulders, knees, or hips.
It's important to seek medical attention immediately after an accident, even if you don't notice any immediate symptoms. Some injuries might not manifest until later, and prompt medical care can help prevent complications. Additionally, if you're involved in an accident due to someone else's negligence, you will need documentation that you sustained an injury and received treatment to file a claim for compensation. You should consult with a personal injury attorney from the Dolman Law Group to understand your rights and options in such situations.
What Should I Do After an Aventura Accident?
After being involved in an accident in Aventura, it's essential to take certain steps to ensure your safety, well-being, and legal protection. Here's a general guideline on what you should do:
- Check for Injuries: First, check yourself and others for injuries. If anyone is seriously injured, call 911 immediately for medical assistance.
- Move to Safety: If it's safe to do so, move yourself and your vehicle to the side of the road or a safe area to prevent further accidents or hazards.
- Call the Police: Regardless of the severity of the accident, it's a good idea to call the police. They can create an official accident report, which might be important for insurance claims or legal matters.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact, insurance, and vehicle information with the other parties involved. Include names, phone numbers, addresses, driver's license numbers, license plate numbers, and insurance details.
- Document the Scene: Take photos and videos of the accident scene, the damage to vehicles, and any relevant road conditions or signage. This evidence can be useful for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Limit Communication: Be cautious about what you say to the other parties involved. Avoid admitting fault or making statements that could be misconstrued later.
- Gather Witness Information: If there are any witnesses to the accident, collect their contact information in case you need their statements later.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident and initiate the claims process. Provide accurate and detailed information about the incident.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don't feel seriously injured, it's a good idea to get a medical evaluation. Some injuries might not be immediately apparent, and a medical record can help support any claims for compensation later.
- Preserve Evidence: Keep copies of all documents related to the accident, including medical bills, repair estimates, and correspondence with insurance companies.
- Consult an Attorney: If you've sustained significant injuries or if there are disputes about liability, it's wise to consult a personal injury attorney. They can provide legal advice and help protect your rights.
- Report to the DMV: Depending on your location and the severity of the accident, you might need to report the accident to the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or a similar agency.
- Follow Medical Advice: If you've been advised to undergo certain medical treatments or therapies, follow the recommendations closely. This can support your recovery and any legal claims you might pursue.
Remember that the specific steps you take might vary based on the nature of the accident and local laws. It's important to remain calm and cooperative while ensuring your safety and well-being. To help you through the process and ensure your rights are protected along the way, contact an experienced Aventura personal injury attorney from the Dolman Law Group right away.
How Do I Know If I Have an Aventura Personal Injury Claim?
During your free consultation with an Aventura personal injury lawyer from Dolman Law Group, we will review your claim to ensure you qualify to recover damages. We will also investigate the incident that led to your injuries. To recover damages, we must prove:
- What happened
- Who caused it
- How it led to your injuries
- The value of the damages you suffered
We must have evidence to prove the at-fault party acted negligently or intentionally. This is required to hold them liable and secure monetary damages, either through an insurance claim or lawsuit. We represent your best interests throughout this claims process, negotiating for an appropriate payout, or if settlement is not possible, we can file a lawsuit and take the case to a jury trial.
If we accept your case, we will go to work immediately to protect your rights and pursue fair and just compensation. We will also manage all communication about your case on your behalf so you don't have to worry about it.
What Damages Can I Recover in My Aventura Injury Case?
We achieve justice for our clients by recovering money for the losses, also known as legal damages, they endured because of their injuries. We may be able to hold the liable party responsible for your costs and losses, including:
- Medical bills and related costs
- Future treatment and care needs
- Lost income and future lost wages if you cannot go back to work
- Property damages
- Related expenses
- Pain and suffering from the injuries you suffered
- Emotional distress
- Other intangible losses
You can count on the attorneys at Dolman Law Group to place a fair value range on your expenses and losses—economic and non-economic—before we demand compensation from the insurer, begin negotiations, or present any evidence at trial. Our top priority is recovering the money you need and deserve based on the details of your case.
Each case is different, and how much compensation you could receive will depend on various factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of insurance coverage available, any damage caps or limits that may apply, and other factors. Our attorneys will work diligently to identify the types and amounts of compensation you can receive and fight to ensure you get the maximum recovery possible.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Aventura?
Florida allows injured victims two years from the date of their injury to file a lawsuit in civil court to recover damages. This is known as the statute of limitation, and if you do not have an attorney file a lawsuit for you within that timeframe, you will forfeit your rights to receive compensation. Therefore, it's important you contact an Aventura personal injury attorney as soon as possible for a free case evaluation and advice regarding your options. Your attorney will need to gather a lot of evidence and submit documentation and paperwork to file and support your injury claim. You really have no time to lose, so contact the Dolman Law Group today.
How Much Will I Pay for a Personal Injury Lawyer in Aventura?
At Dolman Law Group, you pay nothing unless we recover compensation on your behalf. Accident victims are often concerned about how much it will cost to retain an attorney to represent them. This is certainly understandable when they are already facing unexpected expenses such as vehicle repairs and medical bills—all while potentially losing significant income because they cannot work!
Fortunately, accident victims can retain an attorney to represent them without having to pay anything up-front – or at all if they ultimately do not recover compensation. At Dolman Law Group, we take all of our cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that we only collect legal fees if we successfully recover compensation on our client's behalf.
In addition, the fees that we collect will come directly from the settlement or award we secure, so our clients never have to use their pocket money to pay for legal representation. By using this type of fee arrangement, we can ensure that people who have been injured can retain an attorney to represent their interests.
How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Aventura Personal Injury Case?
The time it takes to resolve an Aventura personal injury claim can vary widely depending on several factors. Here are some of the key factors that can influence the duration of the process:
- Severity of Injuries: The extent of your injuries can significantly impact the timeline. If your injuries are minor and require minimal medical treatment, the claim might be resolved relatively quickly. On the other hand, if your injuries are severe and require extensive medical treatment, surgeries, or rehabilitation, the process might take longer.
- Medical Treatment: The duration of your medical treatment and recovery can affect the timeline. It's often advisable to wait until you have reached maximum medical improvement (MMI) before settling a claim to ensure that all medical costs are accounted for.
- Investigation: The process of investigating the accident, gathering evidence, and determining liability can take time. This might involve collecting accident reports, witness statements, medical records, and more.
- Insurance Company: The responsiveness and efficiency of the insurance company involved can impact the timeline. Some insurance companies are known to handle claims more promptly than others.
- Negotiations: Negotiating a fair settlement can take time. Both parties might need to exchange offers and counteroffers to reach an agreement that adequately compensates you for your injuries and damages.
- Legal Proceedings: If the insurance company denies liability or refuses to offer a fair settlement, the process might involve filing a lawsuit. Litigation can significantly extend the timeline, as court schedules, discovery, and other legal procedures can take months or even years.
- Disputes and Complexity: If there are disputes over liability, the extent of damages, or other factors, the resolution process might take longer. Complex cases involving multiple parties or legal complexities can also extend the timeline.
- Jurisdiction: The legal and court systems vary by jurisdiction. Some areas have faster-moving court schedules, while others might have a backlog of cases that can delay proceedings.
- Settlement vs. Trial: Most personal injury claims are resolved through settlements rather than trials. Settlements tend to be faster, as they avoid the lengthy court process. However, if a trial becomes necessary, it can significantly lengthen the time to resolution.
Given these factors, it's challenging to provide a specific timeframe for resolving a personal injury claim. Some claims might be resolved in a matter of weeks, while others could take several months or even years. It's essential to have realistic expectations and to prioritize your recovery and well-being throughout the process. An experienced Aventura personal injury lawyer from the Dolman Law Group can help you understand the specific timeline for your case and guide you through the necessary steps.
What If I'm Partially Responsible for My Injuries? Can I Still Recover Compensation?
In March 2023, Florida amended its tort policy to follow a modified comparative fault rule when determining the amount of damages injured parties may receive from a personal injury claim. The rule states you may not recover damages if the court finds you more than 50% at fault for causing your injuries, and the amount of damages you will receive is based on your percentage of fault. For instance, if the court finds the defendant was 75% at fault and you were 25% at fault, you may only recover 75% of the total damages.
The Aventura accident injury attorneys at the Dolman Law Group will thoroughly investigate the events that caused your injuries and work to hold all responsible parties accountable. We will also work to show that you bear no liability for your injuries, if possible, or reduce the percentage of fault you have may for your injuries so you can get the most compensation available.
What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process in Aventura?
The personal injury claims process in Aventura is generally similar no matter what caused your injuries. It involves several steps aimed at seeking compensation for injuries and damages resulting from someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. Here's an overview of the personal injury claims process:
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health and safety come first. Seek immediate medical attention for your injuries. Document all medical treatments, prescriptions, and follow-up appointments.
- Gather Evidence: Collect evidence related to the accident, such as photographs of the scene, damage to vehicles, road conditions, and any other relevant details. Obtain contact information from witnesses if possible.
- Report the Accident: If applicable, report the accident to the relevant authorities, such as the police or the appropriate agency (e.g., in car accidents). Obtain a copy of the accident report.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Inform your own insurance company about the accident, even if you were not at fault. Cooperate with them during the claims process.
- Consult an Attorney: Consider consulting a personal injury attorney who has experience with Aventura's laws and regulations. They can provide legal guidance and help protect your rights.
- Investigation: Your attorney will investigate the accident, gather evidence, interview witnesses, and assess liability. This helps build a strong case for your claim.
- Demand Letter: Your attorney will draft a demand letter detailing your injuries, damages, and a request for compensation. This letter is sent to the at-fault party's insurance company.
- Negotiations: The insurance company will review the demand letter and may respond with a settlement offer. Negotiations can occur back and forth until an agreement is reached that adequately compensates you.
- Settlement: If a settlement is reached, you will receive a settlement check, and you'll sign a release form that releases the at-fault party from further liability related to the accident.
- Filing a Lawsuit: If the insurance company refuses to settle, your attorney may recommend filing a lawsuit. This involves initiating legal proceedings and formal court processes.
- Discovery: During a lawsuit, both parties exchange information, documents, and evidence in a process known as discovery. Depositions and interrogatories may also be part of this phase.
- Mediation: Before going to trial, parties may engage in mediation, where a neutral third party helps facilitate negotiations and reach a settlement.
- Trial: If mediation fails, the case goes to trial. Both sides present their arguments, evidence, and witnesses before a judge and/or jury. The court decides the outcome.
- Judgment or Settlement: After a trial, the court issues a judgment. If you win, you'll receive compensation based on the judgment. Alternatively, the parties might reach a settlement even during or after the trial.
Keep in mind that the timeline and specific steps can vary based on the complexity of your case, the willingness of the insurance company to settle, and other factors. Consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in Aventura to provide you with tailored guidance through each step of the process.
Call an Aventura Personal Injury Lawyer at Dolman Law Group For a Free Case Evaluation
If you've been hurt in a personal injury accident that was caused by someone else's negligence, there is a good chance that you're entitled to compensation under Florida law. At Dolman Law Group, our Aventura personal injury lawyers are dedicated to representing the rights of the injured, and we'll review the facts of your case at no cost to you.
In addition, with our no-recovery, no-fee guarantee, you will not pay a penny for legal representation unless we obtain compensation on your behalf. For a free case evaluation with our personal injury law firm in Aventura, Florida, contact us online or call us today at (954) 302-7068.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
20803 Biscayne Boulevard Suite 101,
Aventura, FL 33180
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “Chad Robinson always responded immediately whenever I had questions or concerns. He worked hard to make sure I received what I deserved.” - Michelle D.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!" - Koralis R.
Read more reviews on Google!
Emergency Rooms and Urgent Care Centers in Aventura
If you suffered serious injuries caused by someone else's negligence, get the prompt medical care you need by visiting one of Aventura's emergency rooms or urgent care centers.
- Mount Sinai Medical Center Aventura Emergency Department: 2845 NE 199th St, Aventura, FL 33180
- HCA Florida Aventura Hospital Emergency Room: 20900 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33180
- South Florida Urgent Care Aventura: 20754 W Dixie Hwy, Aventura, FL 33180
- FastCare Urgent Care: 20601 E Dixie Hwy Suite #340, Aventura, FL 33180
*Disclaimer – Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA does not endorse these medical providers nor do we profit from having them listed on our website.
- Miami-Dade County Courthouse: 73 W Flagler St, Miami, FL 33130
- North Dade Justice Center: 15555 Biscayne Blvd, North Miami Beach, FL 33160
- Miami-Dade District Court: 11 E 6th St, Hialeah, FL 33010
Neighborhoods We Serve in Aventura
Dolman Law Group serves the following neighborhoods in Aventura:
Aventura Bay Community 33160, Aventura Lakes 33180, Williams Island 33160, Aventura Place 33180, Vi at Aventura 33180, Aventura Village 33180, Aventura Bayview 33160, Aventura Isles 33179, Golden Isles 33009, and Hallandale Beach 33009.