Reported Motorcycle Accidents Involving Injuries in Florida
Common Motorcycle Collision Injuries
Motorbike accident victims usually suffer from more than one type of injury. These injuries are often critical and many times result in a fatality. Some of the most common injuries are listed below, from least to most severe.
- Road Rash – when your body hits the ground at vehicle speeds, the pavement, dirt, gravel, or other surface types act like sand paper, causing bruises, abrasion, and cuts.
- Broken Bones – momentum is your enemy when you’re pitched through the air. A collision with other objects, vehicles, and the road can lead to numerous fractures and broken bones.
- Amputation – When injuries compromise the extremities the result is often a need to remove the limb. There are a disproportionate number of personal injury claims filed for amputation.
- Spinal Cord Injury – it’s common knowledge that a spinal injury can result in paralysis of the legs or arms and legs, and even death.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – Failure to wear the Snell and/or DOT safety helmet recommended above will most certainly result in head trauma from impact with your surroundings. These injuries are serious and can result in severe degradation of quality of life.
- Death – Another well-known fact is that many motorcycle accidents are fatal. Many of the injuries described above ultimately lead to fatalities.
The Long Term Impacts of Motorcycle Injuries
In the event of a collision with another vehicle while operating your motorcycle, moped, or scooter it is imperative that you find quality representation as soon as possible. When the accident happens, as far as you are able, you must make an effort to obtain statements from any witnesses, as well as preserve any evidence of the driver’s responsibility.
Planning for the long term starts with immediate representation. Some circumstances which arise following an accident are listed below.
- Loss of income due to time off work, or work preventing injuries
- Medical bills for emergency and continuing care
- Diminished quality of life, especially when injuries are serious
- Chronic pain as a result of injuries
- Mental impairment as a result of depression, stress, and similar factors
- Costs for medical equipment during and after rehabilitation
- Financial costs for replacement of your motorbike
- Loss of consortium
With all of these conditions, defending yourself in court should be the last thing on your mind. That’s why it is so important to find the best legal representation that you can. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we make every effort to recover the greatest settlement possible. Furthermore, we will negotiate with medical service providers to lower your bills, putting more money in your pocket, where it belongs.
*The above information was written and reviewed by either Attorney Matthew Dolman or another injury lawyer at the Dolman Law Group which has a combined 90 plus years of experience practicing personal injury law. Matthew Dolman himself has been practicing personal injury law in Clearwater and St. Petersburg for the last fifteen (15) years. The information provided comes from extensive research and years of experience trying legal cases in courtrooms.
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group for anyone that has been injured in an accident!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!