Reported Motorcycle Accidents Involving Injuries in Florida
Common Motorcycle Collision Injuries
Some of the most common injuries are listed below, from least to most severe.
- Road rash – when your body hits the ground at vehicle speeds, the pavement, dirt, gravel, or other surface types act like sandpaper, causing bruises, abrasion, and cuts.
- Broken bones – momentum is your enemy when you’re pitched through the air. A collision with other objects, vehicles, and the road can lead to numerous fractures and broken bones.
- Amputation – When injuries compromise the extremities the result is often a need to remove the limb. There are a disproportionate number of personal injury claims filed for amputation.
- Spinal cord injuries – it’s common knowledge that a spinal cord injury can result in paralysis of the legs or arms and legs, and even death.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) – Failure to wear the Snell and/or DOT safety helmet recommended above will most certainly result in head trauma from impact with your surroundings. Traumatic brain injuries are serious and can result in severe degradation of your quality of life.
- Death – Another well-known fact is that many motorcycle accidents are fatal. Many of the injuries described above ultimately lead to fatalities.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA we litigate aggressively to hold negligent motorists responsible for their carelessness. This negligence has a profound negative impact on motorcyclists who fall victim to a serious accident, which the motorcycle accident lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA are passionate about representing the biker community. When comes to hiring a motorcycle accident attorney, we will not disappoint. So, let us show you why we are the best choice to be your motorcycle injury attorney.
In the event of a collision with another vehicle, while operating your motorcycle, moped, or scooter, you must find quality representation as soon as possible. When a motorcycle accident happens it is difficult to do the investigations on your own. After all, you are likely struggling with your injuries and complications. For this reason alone, you need to hire our law firm immediately. We can work quickly to obtain statements from any witnesses, as well as preserve any evidence of the driver’s responsibility before it is lost.
Planning for the long term starts with immediate representation. Our motorcycle accident attorneys will work to build a solid case that is designed to collect maximum compensation, including:
- Loss of income due to time off work, or work preventing injuries
- Medical bills for emergency and continuing care
- Diminished quality of life, especially when injuries are serious
- Chronic pain as a result of injuries
- Mental impairment as a result of depression, stress, and similar factors
- Costs for medical equipment during and after rehabilitation
- Financial costs for replacement of your motorbike
- Loss of consortium
When wondering how much your motorcycle injury case is worth, it is important to know that no two motorcycle accidents are ever quite the same. That is why we work with your medical team and other experts to uncover exactly how your injuries will affect your life and your future. We then seek to uncover all liable parties to maximize the compensation you receive. We do this for each one of our clients – no matter how big or small their accident may be.
Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents
There are a vast number of ways that a person can get involved in an accident when riding a motorcycle. However, some are simply more common than others.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys have experience in dealing with motorcycle accident cases ranging from single-vehicle accidents to dooring accidents and everything in between. Every motorcycle accident is different but there are some common accident types that the attorneys of Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA see.
Head-on Motorcycle Collisions
The most dangerous type of motorcycle accident that someone can be involved in is a head-on collision. The physics of these collisions ensures the maximum amount of force is exerted on the vehicles and people involved. This is because both vehicles are moving at high speeds and intercept each other head-on.
Motorcyclists involved in these accidents typically do not survive the crash and those that do suffer the worst injuries. These injuries are often permanent and disabling. This raises the stakes of a case since these injuries require more compensation meaning the insurance company fights harder.
Left-Turn Motorcycle Accidents
Cars commonly hit a motorcyclist when they make a left turn at an intersection. This is because motorists often fail to recognize a motorcyclist’s right of way. These left-turn accidents make up roughly 40% of all motorcycle accidents with the fault usually being solidly the driver’s although a motorcyclist can be found partially liable if they were breaking a traffic law at the time of the collision.
Lane-Switching Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycles can easily slip into the blind spots of a larger vehicle. This can lead to serious accidents when motorists fail to check their blind spots before changing lanes. Lack of motorcyclist visibility is one of the largest contributors to motorcycle accidents occurring and those that neglect to watch out for motorcycles can be considered negligent and liable for injuries they cause.
Lane-Splitting Motorcycle Accidents
In many states, lane splitting is illegal. Lane splitting is when a motorcyclist drives between the designated lanes thanks to their smaller vehicle size to bypass traffic. However, even if you were riding in between lanes, you are not automatically disqualified from seeking compensation with a claim. However, it may mean that you will obtain a reduced settlement based on your comparative negligence. Let our law firm help you through these types of claims so you can obtain the maximum compensation you deserve.
Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA Today
With all of these conditions, defending yourself in court should be the last thing on your mind. That’s why it is so important to find the best legal representation that you can.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we make every effort to recover the greatest settlement possible. Furthermore, we will negotiate with medical service providers to lower your bills, putting more money in your pocket, where it belongs.
*The above information was written and reviewed by either Attorney Matthew Dolman or another injury lawyer at the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA which has a combined 90 plus years of experience practicing personal injury law. Matthew Dolman himself has been practicing personal injury law in Clearwater and St. Petersburg for the last fifteen (15) years. The information provided comes from extensive research and years of experience trying legal cases in courtrooms.
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!