With its sunny weather, sparkling beaches, and bustling cultural attractions, New Smyrna Beach is a popular tourist destination year-round and home to more than 30,000 residents. However, locals know that accidents are common in everyday life. No one expects a sudden car crash, workplace accident, or medical malpractice injury. If you’ve experienced injury or loss due to another’s negligent acts, you deserve to know your rights—and collect compensation for your injuries.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, is a trusted name in the legal community. For over a decade, we’ve helped injured claimants recover due compensation for accidents like yours. We’re proud to offer our experience to your situation and come to your aid in every way possible.
If you or someone you love was injured, speak to one of our esteemed and knowledgeable New Symrna Beach personal injury attorneys as soon as possible. Our legal team is eager to help you take the next step in your recovery and make the ensuing process as seamless and comfortable as possible. Contact us today at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) to schedule a free consultation.
- Why Choose Dolman Law Group Injury Lawyers PA for Your New Smyrna Beach Accident?
- Types of Accident Injury Claims We Handle in New Smyrna Beach
- New Smyrna Beach Accident Statistics
- Common Personal Injuries in New Smyrna Beach
- What Should You Do After an Accident in New Smyrna Beach?
- How Do I Know if I Have a New Smyrna Beach Injury Claim?
- How Do I Go About Pursuing Compensation?
- What If I Am Partially At Fault for My Injuries?
- What Types of Compensation Can I Receive for My New Smyrna Beach Injuries
- How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit In Florida?
- How Much Does a Personal Injury Attorney Cost in New Smyrna Beach?
- How Long Will It Take to Settle My New Smyrna Beach Injury Case?
- Contact a New Smyrna Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Today
- Client Testimonials
Why Choose Dolman Law Group Injury Lawyers PA for Your New Smyrna Beach Accident?
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, is a nationally recognized personal injury law firm, and we have recovered more than $175 million in total compensation for injury victims since 2009. We have handled over 8,000 injury claims successfully, and we have the resources to take on the largest and most complex cases.
We pride ourselves on delivering personalized, compassionate, and aggressive representation that gets results. We will provide you with your attorney’s cell phone number and the number of the appropriate managing partner so you will never have to worry about who is handling your case, and you can reach out with questions when needed.
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, are fully committed to your case and helping you maximize your financial recovery. We have years of experience handling complex injury cases and in-depth knowledge of Florida’s personal injury laws. We can help you make informed decisions about the types and amounts of compensation you can pursue and fight to increase your chances of getting a favorable resolution.
Speaking of results, here are a few of our recent results:
- $6.7 million for wrongful death
- $5 million for burn injuries from a car accident
- $3.85 million for a semi-truck accident
- $3.2 million for a brain injury resulting from a truck accident
Although we can’t guarantee how much you will get, we can promise to fight hard to help you get the most allowed under the law. We can also help you pursue damages that go beyond your financial losses to cover the physical, psychological, and emotional damages you already suffered and the ongoing suffering your injury will cause.
If someone injured you because of their careless, reckless, or unlawful actions in New Smyrna Beach, you can easily reach Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Types of Accident Injury Claims We Handle in New Smyrna Beach
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, handle all types of personal injury claims in New Smyrna Beach, including:
- New Smyrna Beach Car Accidents
- New Smyrna Beach Truck Accidents
- New Smyrna Beach Motorcycle accidents
- New Smyrna Beach Drunk-driving Accidents
- New Smyrna Beach Premises Liability Accidents
- New Smyrna Beach Slip and Fall Accidents
- New Smyrna Beach Dog Bites
- New Smyrna Beach Maritime Work Injuries
- New Smyrna Beach Mass Torts
- New Smyrna Beach Nursing Home Negligence
- New Smyrna Beach Catastrophic Injuries
- New Smyrna Beach Child Injuries
- New Smyrna Beach Workers’ Compensation
- New Smyrna Beach Bicycle Accidents
- New Smyrna Beach Pedestrian Accidents
- New Smyrna Beach Burn Injuries
- New Smyrna Beach Wrongful Death
- New Smyrna Beach Construction Accidents
- New Smyrna Beach Spinal Cord Injuries
- New Smyrna Beach Traumatic Brain Injuries
- New Smyrna Beach Product Liability
- New Smyrna Beach Boating Accidents
Personal injury law includes injuries sustained from physical assault and sexual abuse.
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, are here to help you get the compensation you need so you and your family don’t have to suffer financial setbacks because of someone else’s negligence.
New Smyrna Beach Accident Statistics
New Smyrna Beach has a population of 31,120, and the area sees an influx of visitors during spring break and Daytona Bike Week, as well as in the summer. According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), Volusia County where New Smyrna Beach is located reported the following accidents statistics in 2022:
- 9,646 total vehicle crashes, resulting in 6,860 injuries and 123 fatalities
- 199 total bicycle accidents, with 8 fatalities
- 512 total motorcycle accidents, with 32 fatalities
- 348 pedestrian accidents, with 16 fatalities
During the same year, there were 2,636 hit and run accidents, with 629 injuries and 11 fatalities. New Smyrna Beach itself reported 10 fatal vehicle crashes in one recent year.
Common Personal Injuries in New Smyrna Beach
Each injury-causing accident is unique, but all have the potential to cause serious, even life-altering injuries.
Some of the most common types of injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Organ damage and internal bleeding
- Soft-tissue injuries
Moreover, you can suffer symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other adverse psychological and emotional effects that can affect your life for years. Regardless of the types of injuries you sustain or the event that caused them, you should not have to incur the costs of treatment if they were someone else’s fault, and you have the right to recover the full amount of compensation you need.
What Should You Do After an Accident in New Smyrna Beach?
If you've been involved in an accident in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, it's important to take specific steps to ensure your safety, the safety of others, and to protect your legal and financial interests. Here's what you should do after an accident:
- Check for Injuries: First, ensure that you and any passengers are safe. Check for injuries and provide or seek medical assistance as needed.
- Move to a Safe Location: If possible and if it doesn't pose a risk, move your vehicle out of the traffic lane to a safe location to prevent further accidents or hazards.
- Call 911: If there are injuries or significant property damage, call 911 to report the accident and request medical assistance and police presence. The police will create an accident report, which can be important for insurance claims and legal purposes.
- Exchange Information: Exchange contact, insurance, and vehicle information with the other parties involved in the accident. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, insurance policy numbers, and license plate numbers.
- Document the Scene: Use your phone or a camera to take photos of the accident scene, including vehicle damage, road conditions, traffic signs, and any relevant details. This can be helpful for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Limit Communication: Be cautious about what you say to the other parties involved in the accident and to witnesses. Avoid admitting fault or making statements that could be used against you later.
- Collect Witness Information: If there are any witnesses to the accident, ask for their contact information in case their statements are needed later.
- Report to Your Insurance Company: Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident and initiate the claims process. Provide them with accurate and detailed information about the accident.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don't feel seriously injured, it's a good idea to seek medical attention. Some injuries, such as whiplash or internal injuries, may not be immediately apparent.
- Obtain a Copy of the Accident Report: Get a copy of the police accident report, as it can be useful for insurance purposes and legal actions.
- Consult an Attorney: If the accident resulted in significant injuries or property damage, you may want to consult a personal injury attorney who is familiar with Florida's laws to understand your rights and options.
- Follow Up: Keep records of all medical treatments, expenses, and any other costs related to the accident. This documentation will be important for insurance claims and potential legal actions.
Remember that the steps to take after an accident can vary depending on the specific circumstances. The safety of everyone involved should be your top priority, followed by gathering information for insurance and legal purposes. The attorneys at the Dolman Law Group can help you gather evidence, ensure you receive the medical treatment you need, and document everything properly to support your claim.
How Do I Know if I Have a New Smyrna Beach Injury Claim?
Determining whether you have a valid injury claim depends on several factors, including the circumstances of the accident, the extent of your injuries, and the applicable state laws. All personal injury claims resulting from negligence must meet stringent requirements, and you will need the help of an attorney to determine the following:
- Duty of Care: Consider whether the other party had a legal duty of care toward you. For example, drivers have a duty to follow traffic laws and act responsibly.
- Breach of Duty: Determine if the other party breached their duty of care. If they acted negligently, recklessly, or intentionally, and this breach led to your injuries, you might have a valid claim.
- Causation: Establish a direct link between the other party's actions and your injuries. You need to show that the accident directly caused your injuries.
- Damages: Assess the damages you've suffered as a result of the accident. These could include medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
If your attorney can show that you would not have suffered injuries were it not for the other's party's negligence, careless, recklessness, or intentional misconduct, you likely have a claim against the at-fault party to recover damages.
How Do I Go About Pursuing Compensation?
All injury claims follow a process that starts with submitting a claim to the at-fault party’s insurance company. When we submit your claim for you, we will include a demand letter that details the types of compensation you seek and their dollar amounts.
Although TV shows may lead you to believe that most personal injury cases go to trial, the truth is the majority are settled outside of court. However, settlement negotiations take time, and the insurance company will try every method to avoid paying you the money you need. If you cannot reach a settlement, you will have to take your case to trial.
Both settlement negotiations and litigation require skill, knowledge, and experience to get the best results. The legal team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, has extensive knowledge of Florida’s personal injury laws and the experience to handle your case efficiently. More importantly, we have the skills to deal with the insurance company and present a compelling case to the jury in court, and we will always aggressively pursue the maximum amount of compensation for you.
What If I Am Partially At Fault for My Injuries?
Florida follows a modified comparative fault rule when determining damages in civil cases. The rule states that you cannot recover damages if the court finds you are more than 50% at fault for your injuries. Additionally, you may only receive a portion of the total damages based on your percentage of fault below 50%. Consider this: The court finds the defendant (or the one who injured you) to be 85% at fault. But the court also recognizes that you bear some responsibility because you were texting while driving, for instance. In this case, the court will assign 15% of fault to you, which means you will only recover 85% of total damages.
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group will work diligently to assign all blame on the at-fault party and fight to help you recover 100% of the damages you deserve. Contact us today to discuss your case at no cost.
What Types of Compensation Can I Receive for My New Smyrna Beach Injuries
Florida law allows you to obtain compensation for your injuries, but the nature of your injuries will determine the types of compensation you can receive.
Some of the types of compensation you can recover include economic damages to cover your financial losses, such as:
- Medical bills. These include all costs of your hospital stay, medical evaluations, and treatment, along with your medications and physical therapy. They can also include costs associated with any home modifications you have to make to access your house or any mobility aids you need to get around.
- Job-related losses. You may have had to take time off work because of your injury, or your injuries may prevent you from working at all. Either way, you can obtain compensation for lost wages and lost earning capacity, as well as any tips, bonuses, or promotions you missed from being out of work.
- Property damage. You can also obtain compensation for the costs to repair or replace your car, bicycle, or other property damaged in the accident.
- Funeral and burial expenses. If you lost a loved one because of someone’s negligence, you could obtain compensation to help cover final expenses.
You may also recover travel expenses you paid to receive treatment, along with daycare expenses and other out-of-pocket costs.
Additionally, you can recover non-economic damages to help cover the ongoing physical and emotional effects of your injury.
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, will work with you to identify the types and amounts of compensation you can seek, and will fight to get you what you need through settlement negotiations with the insurance company or by taking them to court if necessary.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit In Florida?
Florida allows you two years after your injury to file your injury lawsuit, this is the same for wrongful death and medical malpractice. Additionally, certain circumstances may shorten or extend the statute of limitations, so you should consult a personal injury attorney immediately for advice regarding when to file your claim.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Attorney Cost in New Smyrna Beach?
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, does not require you to pay anything upfront for us to represent you. We offer free consultations to answer your questions and help you understand your rights and options, and we work on a contingency basis, so we only get paid when we recover compensation for you. Also, the insurance company pays our fees, not you.
How Long Will It Take to Settle My New Smyrna Beach Injury Case?
In the best-case scenario, the insurance company will accept your claim without dispute and pay you the money you ask for in your demand letter. In that case, you could receive a check within four to six weeks. However, this scenario is the exception rather than the rule.
Nobody can tell you exactly when you will settle your case because it depends largely on the insurance company, the type of accident involved, and the extent of your injuries.
After your attorney files your injury claim, the insurance company will schedule an adjuster to investigate your claim. Sometimes, it can take days or weeks for them to even get around to your case, and they may determine the policy doesn’t cover your injuries. Even if they accept your claim, the insurance company will likely respond with a much lower settlement offer.
At this point, your lawyer will negotiate the settlement with the insurance company, and the process can take weeks or even months.
Contact a New Smyrna Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Another benefit of working with Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, is that you retain control over your case. We are here as your trusted and experienced legal advocates and advisors, and the law prohibits us from accepting a settlement on your behalf without consulting with you first.
You can rely on us to put your needs first and fight to help you get the money you need and the justice you deserve. Call Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) or complete our online contact form to have an attorney contact you for a free consultation.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Took away all the hassle with the insurance company. Attorney Dolman took care of all the hassles and paperwork I was being sent by the Insurance Companies. This allowed me to treat with the doctors and focus on getting better. They handled all the doctor’s bill and even got them reduced to put more money in my pocket." - Brent
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Great lawyer! Glad I found Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA! Matt Dolman is a great personal injury lawyer. The BEST in the Tampa Bay Area! They closed my case in a timely manner and stayed intouch with me throught the entire process. I highly recommend Matt Dolman and Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA!" - Rhianna
Read more reviews on Google!
New Smyrna Beach Emergency Room
New Smyrna Beach has one emergency room you need to go to if you suffer serious injuries caused by someone else's negligence:
- AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach ER: 401 Palmetto St, New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168
*Disclaimer – Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA does not endorse this hospital nor do we profit from having them listed on our website.
New Smyrna Beach Courthouses
- Volusia County Courthouse Annex: 125 E Orange Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- Volusia County Courthouse Extension: 2400 S Ridgewood Ave, South Daytona, FL 32119
- Volusia County Clerk of the Circuit Court: 101 N Alabama Ave, DeLand, FL 32724
Neighborhoods We Serve in New Smyrna Beach
Dolman Law Group serves all the areas in and around New Smyrna Beach, Florida, including:
Hamilton 32168, Parkside 32168, Bouchelles 32168, Bouchelles Island 32169, Valgary 32168, Carver Heights 32168, Coronado Beach 32169, Brown 32169, Buena Vista Shores 32169, North Causeway 32169, Hillmans 32168, Inwood New Smyrna 32168, Lakewood Terrace 32168, Corbin Park 32168, Cavedo 32168, Islesboro 32168, Inlet Shores 32168, Colin Park 32169, Coronado Shores 32169, The Inlet at New Smyrna 32169, Turnbull Heights 32168, St. Andrews 32168, Brae Burn 32168, Sugar Mill 32168, Pine Bay 32168