Suffering serious injuries on the job can cause catastrophic limitations and challenges that may last for the rest of your life. Workplace injuries, regardless of who caused them, may give you the right to file a workers’ compensation claim. Unfortunately, getting the compensation you deserve from workers’ comp may prove more complicated than you think.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we make sure our clients understand their right to compensation based on workers’ comp laws in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, and we fight to help them get what they need. Contact our New Smyrna Beach Workers’ Compensation Attorneys for your free consultation.
- Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Can Help with Your New Smyrna Beach Workersâ Comp Claim
- Workersâ Comp in New Smyrna Beach: What to Expect from Your Claim
- Understanding Workersâ Comp Claims in New Smyrna Beach
- Fighting the Insurance Company for Workersâ Comp Benefits in New Smyrna Beach
- New Smyrna Beach Workersâ Comp Claim FAQ
- Contact a New Smyrna Beach Workersâ Comp Lawyer After Your Workplace Accident
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Can Help with Your New Smyrna Beach Workers’ Comp Claim
Workers’ comp in Florida exists to help provide help for victims of workplace accidents. However, the existence of that coverage does not make the process of pursuing compensation for those injuries as easy as victims might prefer.
Following a workplace accident, you may have many questions about your rights and how best to receive compensation for your injuries. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can provide you with the support and assistance you need.
We Listen, and We Care.
After a workplace accident, it may feel as though no one wants to listen to you and the struggles you have gone through. Your workplace accident can leave you with substantial limitations and a long-term struggle to get the needed help.
The lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, listen to our clients and provide them with the understanding they need to feel supported as they move through the claim process. Furthermore, we ensure their concerns are heard as we work with them throughout the workers’ comp claims.
We Feel Proud of Our Status as Litigation Bulldogs.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we base our business model on our status as litigation and trial lawyers. We will fight aggressively to help our clients obtain real results rather than pushing a case through for a fast resolution that does not consider our clients’ needs.
If we have to go to court to get a reasonable settlement for our clients, we will take those claims to court without hesitation. In many cases, smaller law firms have entrusted us to handle their bigger, more complicated cases due to our reputation for tenacity and determination.
We Make Getting Legal Support as Easy as Possible for Our Clients.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, understands the difficulty often associated with getting legal support, especially in workers’ comp claims. After you have sustained severe injuries, you may find it difficult to drag yourself into a lawyer’s office.
With offices on both Florida coasts, we make it as easy as possible for you to get to us. Furthermore, we offer virtual consultations for clients who cannot come into the office for any reason.
Are you ready to get the legal help you need with your workers’ comp claim in New Smyrna Beach? Contact the New Smyrna Beach personal injury lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today.
Workers’ Comp in New Smyrna Beach: What to Expect from Your Claim
Filing a workers’ comp claim in New Smyrna Beach can help you get coverage for your medical costs and assistance with your other expenses while you recover from serious injuries sustained on the job. Workers’ comp provides compensation for several key financial elements related to your accident.
Coverage for Your Medical Bills
When you suffer an injury at work, workers’ comp will cover the cost of medical treatment for those injuries. You may require extensive medical treatment for those injuries, especially if you sustained substantial injuries at work. However, in some cases, your workers’ comp insurance provider may make it more difficult than anticipated to get the medical treatment you need for those injuries. You may, for example, have to fight to have a procedure authorized.
Sometimes, that can lead to delays in treatment that can extend the time you have to spend out of work, making it more challenging for you to recover fully. A workers’ comp lawyer in New Smyrna Beach can help you fight to have those procedures approved.
Compensation for a Percentage of Your Wages
Workers’ comp provides around 2/3 of your income while you must remain out of work, recovering from your injuries. Those payments should arrive regularly as you recover. Workers’ comp may issue some limitations that determine the maximum amount you can recover in wages during your time off work.
Understanding Workers’ Comp Claims in New Smyrna Beach
Each year, Florida sees an estimated 40,600 workers’ comp claims involving medical compensation. Those claims may account for an estimated $490,000,000 in medical expenses annually.
Workplace injuries can take several forms, including:
- Fall injuries
- Overexertion or heat exhaustion injuries. These may cause severe problems in New Smyrna Beach due to the hot climate throughout the year.
- Vehicle accidents. Vehicle accidents in New Smyrna Beach account for between two and 10 fatalities every year and even more severe injuries. Workers who have to drive for a living may have a greater risk of injury due to negligence on the road.
- Construction site accidents. Construction accident injuries account for more fatalities in Florida than in any other industry.
- Electrocution injuries
- Dangerous machinery accidents. Dangerous machinery can cause crushing damage along with electrocution or other severe injuries.
In Florida, you will need to file a workers’ comp claim as soon after your accident as you can. If you take more than 30 days to notify your employer of an accident, your employer may deny your claim. You may also need to start workers’ comp proceedings within two years of a serious accident at work. Call our New Smyrna Beach workers’ comp attorneys today so you don’t miss those deadlines and lose out on the benefits you deserve.
Fighting the Insurance Company for Workers’ Comp Benefits in New Smyrna Beach
You may hope your claim will progress quickly when you suffer injuries on the job. Unfortunately, it may not always go as smoothly as you had hoped.
Workers’ comp insurance may use many tactics that may work to reduce the compensation you can recover for your workplace injuries.
- The insurance company may deny that your injuries occurred because of a workplace accident. If your injuries did not happen at work, or you worsened your injuries outside the work environment, it could prevent you from getting compensation for those injuries through workers’ comp.
- The insurance company may deny needed treatment for your injuries. Often, workers’ comp will want you to try the least expensive treatment for your injuries first, even though your doctor may recommend that you have the more extensive, expensive treatment.
- Workers’ comp may not issue payments promptly or try to cut off payments before your doctor gives you leave to return to work.
Fighting for the help and compensation you deserve following serious injuries in the workplace can prove very difficult. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Attorneys, PA, we have the resources to help you fight with the workers’ comp insurance company in New Smyrna Beach and get the compensation you really deserve after workplace injuries.
New Smyrna Beach Workers’ Comp Claim FAQ
When Do I Need a Lawyer To Deal With a Workers’ Comp Claim in New Smyrna Beach?
Some workers’ comp claims may progress relatively smoothly. You might receive regular payments that will allow you to keep paying your bills, and workers’ comp might quickly approve and pay for the medical treatments you need to make a full recovery.
Other times, however, you may face much greater difficulty during the claim process.
You may need a workers’ comp lawyer to help with your New Smyrna Beach workers’ comp claim if:
- The insurance company denies your claim for any reason.
- The insurance company refuses to authorize needed medical treatments that could improve your odds of recovery or your overall physical state following a workplace accident.
- You have a hard time getting your employer to put modifications in place to make it possible for you to return to work.
- You will suffer permanent disability because of your injuries and need to file a claim.
- The company routinely delays payments or does not issue them when expected.
You can also contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, to discuss your rights as you deal with workplace injuries and figure out how you may want to manage your workers’ comp claim.
How Are Workers’ Comp Claims in New Smyrna Beach Different From Personal Injury Claims?
Workers’ comp claims in New Smyrna Beach differs from traditional personal injury claims because.
- Workers’ comp claims do not require an assessment of liability. You have the right to file a workers’ comp claim any time you have injuries from a workplace accident, even if your own negligence caused that accident.
- Workers’ comp claims generally pay for medical costs directly rather than a lump sum payment over time that you will need to use to cover the cost of medical care and other expenses.
- A workers’ comp claim will generally not involve compensation for your pain and suffering, which you would typically include as part of a standard injury claim.
- Workers’ comp will pay out for lost income, generally around 2/3 of your usual earnings, for as long as you remain out of work. You will receive regular payments at the end of your claim, not a lump sum payment.
If you have questions about your options and what your rights may look like after a workplace accident, our workers’ comp attorneys can give you a better understanding of your rights and your next steps.
I Did Not Immediately Report My Workplace Injury in New Smyrna Beach but Discovered After I Got Home That I Had Sustained Serious Damage. Can I Still File a Claim Through Workers’ Comp?
Your employer may have specific rules that you must follow to file a workers’ comp claim, including regulations that lay out reporting workplace injuries immediately and what steps you may need to take to file a workers’ comp claim.
After minor injuries, your employer may require you to use a specific clinic for your initial medical evaluation following a workplace accident. However, you still have the right to file a workers’ comp claim even if you did not necessarily follow those procedures upfront.
Talk to our workers’ comp attorneys to better understand what right you may have to compensation if you did not immediately pursue medical treatment after a workplace accident.
Can I File a Workers’ Comp Claim in New Smyrna Beach for Repetitive Stress Injuries?
You may have the right to file a workers’ comp claim any time your normal job duties cause you to suffer an injury, including repetitive stress injuries. Construction workers or warehouse workers may have a higher risk of developing those types of injuries. Discuss your symptoms with a lawyer to determine whether you may have the right to file a claim and how you can best protect your right to compensation.
Contact a New Smyrna Beach Workers’ Comp Lawyer After Your Workplace Accident
Workplace accidents can prove devastating. In many cases, you may end up feeling as though you do not have the support you need to move forward after the incident. Working with a New Smyrna Beach workers’ compensation lawyer can make navigating the claim process easier.