Most people assume that when they are shopping at The Posh Pineapple in New Smyrna Beach or visiting a friend’s home, they will be safe from suffering debilitating injuries that can forever change their life. However, if a property owner or business allows hazardous conditions to remain on their property, these devastating consequences can be a real possibility.
If you or a loved one have been harmed on another person’s property in New Smyrna Beach due to an unsafe or dangerous condition, consider speaking to an experienced premises liability lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, about your case.
Our skilled lawyers are here to not only provide you with the answers and help you need, but we are also here to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve for the injuries and losses you suffered.
- About the Legal Team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
- What Does It Mean to Have a Premises Liability Claim in New Smyrna Beach?
- Accidents in New Smyrna Beach That Can Lead to a Premises Liability Claim
- Trauma That Can Result From a New Smyrna Beach Premises Liability Accident
- Bringing a Premises Liability Claim in New Smyrna Beach
- Compensation Following a Premises Liability Accident in New Smyrna Beach
- Taking Action After a Premises Liability Accident in New Smyrna Beach
- Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Today And Go Over Your Premises Liability Accident for Free
About the Legal Team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
Following an accident that resulted in serious harm, you likely want answers. Not only regarding the legal options you may have but the remedies you can pursue. Thankfully, you do not have to hunt down these answers alone.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, our dedicated and experienced legal professionals have been handling complex legal claims now for years, and in the process, we have helped over 40,000 clients go after the justice and money they deserve and secured over $400 million in settlements on their behalf.
That is why if you sustained a severe injury in a premises liability accident in New Smyrna Beach, do not delay getting the help you need.
Instead, reach out to Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, for a free case evaluation. Our New Smyrna Beach personal injury lawyers can discuss your case over the phone or meet with you at one of our many locations, including our New Smyrna Beach office, located at the corner of Canal Street and South Orange Street.
What Does It Mean to Have a Premises Liability Claim in New Smyrna Beach?
Premises liability refers to a legal concept that holds a property owner accountable for any damages arising from an injury that occurred on their property because of an unsafe or defective condition.
More simply, private and public property owners have a legal responsibility to maintain their property and keep it safe for their visitors. When they fail to maintain this property, and someone is injured because of their negligence, they can be held accountable for the individual’s injuries and losses.
Accidents in New Smyrna Beach That Can Lead to a Premises Liability Claim
While there are plenty of accidents that can result in a premises liability claim, in New Smyrna Beach, some of the more common accidents that tend to lead to these claims include:
- Trip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator or escalator accidents
- Dog bites
- Defective property conditions
- Negligent security
- Slip and fall accidents due to wet or slippery service, such as in an aisle at Publix Super Market at New Smyrna Beach Regional Shopping Center
- Toxic chemicals
While this list covers some of the more common premises liability accidents, it is not all-encompassing. That is why if you believe you have a viable premises liability claim, contact an experienced premises liability attorney at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, as soon as you can. Our skilled legal team can go over your accident in detail, determine whether you can pursue legal action, and help you go after the justice and damages you are entitled to.
Trauma That Can Result From a New Smyrna Beach Premises Liability Accident
Premises liability accidents can lead to devastating injuries.
However, while this trauma will usually depend on the circumstances of the accident, the most common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Extensive burns and electric shock
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Facial trauma and eye injuries
- Neck injuries
- Back Trauma
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Illnesses related to toxic chemical exposure
It should also be noted that even more minor injuries can have long-lasting effects and require extensive medical treatments that can result in expensive medical bills and fees. For these reasons, consider contacting a knowledgeable premises liability attorney if you suffered harm in a premises liability accident. These lawyers can determine the total extent of your damages and assist you in obtaining compensation to take care of your needs.
Bringing a Premises Liability Claim in New Smyrna Beach
In New Smyrna Beach, property owners are responsible for keeping their properties free of hazards. If they fail to do so and a person is injured on their property, they may be held liable for the individual’s injuries and damages. However, in Florida, the extent of this liability will usually depend on the victim and their classification when they entered the property since this could impact the property owner’s responsibility to the victim.
Take, for instance, the following classifications:
A person that entered another individual’s property for their pleasure or benefit is considered a social guest or a licensee. When it comes to a duty owed to these individuals, property owners have a responsibility to keep their property reasonably safe for licensees and warn them of dangerous conditions that could create an unreasonable risk of harm.
When an individual is invited onto another person’s property, they are called invitees.
Furthermore, in Florida, there are two different types of invitees:
- Business Invitee: When an individual enters a property and stays there for a specific purpose directly or indirectly related to business dealings with the land possessor, they are referred to as a business invitee. For instance, New Smyrna Shopping Center shoppers could be considered business invitees.
- Public Invitee: When an individual is invited to enter or remain on another person’s property for a purpose in which the property is held open to the public, they are referred to as a public invitee. For example, a public invitee can be someone that visits the New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, as these individuals have no specific business-related purpose for being on the property but are still welcome because the property is open to the public.
An invitee will usually receive the highest degree of protection, so property owners must keep their property safe for these invitees by inspecting their property regularly and either fixing any dangerous conditions or providing warnings to the invitees of any hazardous conditions they know about or should have known about.
The last classification deals with trespassers. These individuals enter another person’s property without an invitation and have no right to be there. They can also include individuals who intrude on a person’s property for their purpose.
Typically, property owners owe no real duty to protect trespassers from danger other than to refrain from wanton or willful injuries. However, if there is a discovered trespasser, such as a child, or the property owner knows that these trespassers are likely to come onto the property, these owners have a duty to warn them of known dangerous conditions not readily apparent to ordinary observation.
Determine Your Classification
If you were injured on another person’s property and are unsure about your classification at the time of your accident, reach out to the premises liability attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA. Our legal team can thoroughly review your accident, determine your classification at the time of the accident, and determine what legal action you can take next.
Compensation Following a Premises Liability Accident in New Smyrna Beach
If you suffered severe injuries because of a dangerous condition on another person’s property, you might be able to seek compensation for the harm and losses you endured.
This compensation can include payment for:
- Medical bills related to hospital stay, emergency services, medications, surgeries, ambulance rides, medical devices, and other treatments
- Lost income and reduced earning capacity
- Ongoing medical treatments
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Replacement services costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Humiliation and reputation loss
In addition, if an individual passes away because of a premises liability accident, their loved ones can also pursue financial recovery for funeral and burial expenses. However, if you want to know which of these damages you can go after, consider contacting an experienced premises liability attorney as soon as possible. These lawyers can help you figure out which of these damages may apply to your case and the full extent of your losses, which can aid them in going after the maximum recovery you deserve.
Taking Action After a Premises Liability Accident in New Smyrna Beach
Following a premises liability accident in New Smyrna Beach, you must take steps that can help protect not only your health and safety but your legal rights. For starters, following a premises liability accident, you should seek medical attention immediately. This will help you get the medical care you need and document your injury so your attorneys can use your medical records to help validate your case.
After you get the appropriate medical care, reach out to an experienced New Smyrna Beach lawyer as soon as possible. Gathering evidence following this incident is critical in helping you build a solid legal claim.
Fortunately, an attorney handling your case can work on getting this evidence for you, including:
- Photos documenting the dangerous conditions that caused your harm
- Documentation indicating the extent of your harm
- Bills related to your injuries and losses that resulted from the accident
- Witness testimony
These lawyers can also handle all the communications with the insurance company on your behalf, ensuring you refrain from saying or providing them with any information they can use against you to hurt your case and prevent you from receiving the money you need.
Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Today And Go Over Your Premises Liability Accident for Free
Even though property owners in New Smyrna Beach must keep their property safe, this does not always happen. As a result, innocent people suffer significant injuries and devastating losses because of hazardous conditions on other people’s land and property. However, as a victim of this tragic accident, you should not be left to handle these issues alone, including the financial hardships that can result from these accidents. Rather, you should be able to obtain compensation to help with these repercussions and ensure you get the care you need.
That is why following a New Smyrna Beach premises liability accident, consider contacting Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, as soon as possible.
Our legal team can:
- Go over your case, determine if you have a viable legal claim, and determine your options.
- Review your concerns in detail and provide you with the legal support you require.
- Investigate the incident and take swift action to document and preserve defective and dangerous conditions before a property owner tries to eliminate the evidence.
- File legal motions before the statute of limitations expires.
- Hire experts to help show what happened, who was responsible, and the extent of your losses.
- Handle all the settlement negotiations with the other side.
- Take the case to trial if the other parties are unwilling to settle and fight for maximum financial recovery.
Do not wait to get the legal help you need after a dangerous condition causes you to suffer debilitating injuries. Instead, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today for a free case evaluation. With offices across both Florida coasts, including New Smyrna Beach, you can easily reach us at 833-552-7274 or through our online contact page.