If you’ve been involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, you may need the experience of an uninsured motorist accident lawyer. After an accident, you are most likely in a difficult situation that you did not expect to be in. If the other party has no insurance coverage, the financial strain may put significant stress on you and your family. You might need help from an attorney with experience dealing with car accidents and injuries associated with car accidents to get you the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Uninsured Motorist Insurance Coverage
The law dictates that every motorist should have insurance that, at minimum, covers third parties. Third parties are those involved in an accident with the insured. Unfortunately, sometimes a motorist may be negligent enough not to have a policy. In these cases, your insurance company may cover you even though you are not liable for the accident.
An Uninsured Motorist (UM) policy covers you if you are in an accident with a driver who does not have any liability insurance, or is underinsured. The insurance company must offer you this coverage. If you choose not to buy it, you must sign a waiver. It is important to note that the UM policy has its terms and conditions and cap like any other insurance coverage. These are some of the claims your insurance might cover after an accident:
- Expenses on medical bills due to injuries sustained;
- Repair costs for damages sustained;
- Compensation for injuries and/or disability caused;
- Compensation for wages and salaries lost;
- Compensation for trauma, pain, and emotional distress.
How Long You Have to File in Boston
You deserve to receive justice for all you lost in a car accident. You may need to pursue all avenues in order to ensure you get proper compensation regardless of an uninsured motorist. Claiming compensation from your insurance company for someone else’s negligence can come with its challenges.
Statutes of limitations are timelines for filing your case, and they vary from state to state. Massachusetts statutes of limitations is three years for personal injuries, but your insurer could have conditions to this statute. You might decide you need to hire an uninsured motorist accident lawyer to guide you through this process and, if your case comes to it, make sure you file a lawsuit in time.
Insurance Companies Don’t Want to Pay You
You will need to use any evidence you have collected from your car accident to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. It is essential to understand that your insurer is in business and looking to make a profit. For this reason, they will try to pay you as little as possible or may even deny liability. The insurance company can move to prove that you are at fault for an accident. Establishing this would increase their chances of denying your claim.
Boston Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
What to Do If Involved in an Uninsured Motorist Accident
We understand that when involved in an accident, victims tend to panic and get confused about what to do next. That’s why hiring an attorney can help guide you through the legal process. For your own protection, we encourage you to follow these steps after an accident:
- Get yourself to safety as soon as possible
- Remain at the accident scene even if the other parties do not
- If the other parties stay, exchange the following information:
- Driver’s and Company name and address
- Driver’s license number
- License plate numbers
- Vehicle make, model, and color
- Insurance information
- Take as many pictures at different angles and perspectives as possible to collect evidence
- Call and wait for first responders to report the accident in as much detail as possible
- Do not discuss who is at fault nor accept liability for the accident
For a free legal consultation with a uninsured motorist accidents lawyer serving Boston, call 833-552-7274
How an Attorney Can Help
In cases of Boston uninsured motorist accidents, you’ll want to act fast. If you are worried about the cost of hiring an uninsured motorist accident lawyer, you can hire one on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you will only be charged once you have won your case. An uninsured motorist many times has reasons for not having any insurance coverage and you should not have to suffer because of a negligent motorist. An attorney may need to do the following for your case:
- Evaluate your case and determine the best strategy to help you get compensated for any sustained damages or injuries.
- Determine who was at fault by visiting the accident scene and if necessary, subpoena any footage that would shed more light on the accident.
- Create and keep a paper trail of your damages and injuries to collaborate with your health care providers in order to determine the extent of your injuries.
- Identify the extent of your insurance coverage and file the necessary claims for you.
- Negotiate on your behalf for comprehensive compensation.
- Take the matter to court if the parties involved acted in bad faith.
Contact Us Today
You should not have to suffer due to other people’s negligence. Do not hesitate to reach out to Boston’s uninsured motorist accident lawyers at the Dolman Law Group. We have lawyers that can help you through your challenging situation. We believe that Boston residents are entitled to results, we provide quality customer service and free consultations to our clients.