Freedom, excitement, and even saving gas are some of the reasons why so many of us love traveling by motorcycle. Combine that with the scenic roadways in Tallahassee and the great year-round weather, and there is little doubt that you will enjoy your ride.
The challenge for many who operate a motorcycle is the other drivers who share the road. Unfortunately, drivers are not always as cautious as they should be, which means your life could be upended in a matter of seconds if you are involved in a motorcycle crash.
If you or someone you love was in a motorcycle accident around Tallahassee, a Tallahassee motorcycle accident lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can help you receive compensation for your injuries and your resulting financial losses.
Table of Contents
- Why Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA After a Motorcycle Crash in Tallahassee?
- Tallahassee Is a Wonderful Community for Motorcycles, but Hazardous
- Contact an Experienced Tallahassee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
- What Potential Motorcycle Accident Compensation Can a Skilled Tallahassee Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Recover for Me?
- Common Types of Crashes Our Tallahassee Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Handle
- Which Injuries Can Arise From a Motorcycle Collision in Tallahassee?
- We Can Fight the Insurance Company For You
- What to Do After a Tallahassee Motorcycle Accident
- Contact a Tallahassee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Dolman Law for Help With Your Motorcycle Collision Claim
Why Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA After a Motorcycle Crash in Tallahassee?
Two of the most important aspects of hiring a Tallahassee personal injury attorney to represent you following a motorcycle accident are their experience and commitment to clients. The legal team at Dolman Law Group offers these key qualities and more when you partner with our award-winning legal team to represent you following a motorcycle accident. Contact Dolman Law Group to learn more during a free case evaluation.
Don't just take our word for it though. Our satisfied clients speak louder than anything we can tell you.
Also, our prior track record of success shows our dedication. Some of our recent successes include:
- Motorcycle accident resulting in multiple serious injuries - $1.4 million recovered
- Motorcycle accident resulting in a Traumatic Brain Injury - $1 million recovered
- An accident created a subdural hematoma along with a rotator cuff shoulder injury - $750,000 recovered
- Motorcycle collision requiring a cervical fusion - $450,000 recovered
We know our past results do not guarantee success in future claims, but we also know that our experience helps our clients move forward. We have the skills and resources needed to successfully navigate your insurance claim or the litigation process.
Tallahassee Is a Wonderful Community for Motorcycles, but Hazardous
This is a great community for the nearly 200,00 residents and the more than 2 million people who visit Tallahassee annually. Tallahassee offers numerous state parks, including:
- Alfred B. Maclay Gardens State Park
- Lake Jackson Mounds Archaeological State Park
- Natural Bridge Battlefield Historic State Park
These are ideal locations for tourists to learn more about Tallahassee and the perfect location for motorcycle operators to take a break. Across Florida, there are approximately 620,000 registered motorcycles, the second-highest count in the United States. The problem is that this also poses some unique challenges for those traveling by motorcycle.
The Claude Pepper Memorial Highway (U.S. 27) is well-traveled by cars, trucks, and motorcycles and is considered one of the most dangerous roadways in Tallahassee. This route is a specifically motorcycle-friendly area where riders can get the full experience. However, the area traffic can endanger motorcyclists.
Every driver in Florida must carry auto insurance. In Florida, by statute, the coverage is no-fault, meaning a driver would normally submit an accident claim to their own insurer. Motorcycle operators do not have the option to maintain no-fault coverage. This makes insurance claims even more complicated. As a result, you should seek guidance from a knowledgeable motorcycle accident injury attorney at Dolman Law Group immediately after an accident.
Contact an Experienced Tallahassee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
At Dolman Law Group, we are committed to doing everything possible to protect injured accident victims. We know that no amount of money will sufficiently make up for the loss of mobility, loss of activity, and loss of life enjoyment that accompanies an injury. However, we can ensure that you and your family are not left suffering the financial consequences of an accident that was not your fault.
Contact Dolman Law Group today if you were involved in a Tallahassee motorcycle accident. We will provide you with a free, no-strings-attached case evaluation and help you understand your legal options to seek compensation from the parties responsible for your injuries.
To contact us at any one of our Florida offices, call us, or fill out our online contact form and let us explain how we can make a difference in the final settlement amount you can recover following a Tallahassee motorcycle accident.
What Potential Motorcycle Accident Compensation Can a Skilled Tallahassee Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Recover for Me?
One question we always hear is, "How much compensation can a motorcycle accident victim receive following an injury?"
Numerous factors will play into your final compensation payment. Some of these include:
- The extent of your injuries
- The at-fault party's insurance limit
- The impact of the injury on your life
- The cost of treating your injuries
- The amount of time it takes you to recover following a motorcycle accident
These are only some of the factors which are involved. In most cases, we can help you secure reimbursement for your financial losses, as well as some non-economic losses.
Your economic and non-economic losses may include:
- Medical expenses incurred because of your injury
- Wages and benefits lost while recovering from an injury
- Equipment necessary while recovering, including crutches, wheelchairs, walkers, and hospital beds
- Costs associated with hiring in-home help while you recover
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
At Dolman Law Group, we want you to have the time you need to focus on recovering your physical health. At the same time, we'll fight with the insurance company to secure you the maximum compensation. We know how stressful dealing with insurance companies can be, and we are committed to relieving you of that burden and stress.
Common Types of Crashes Our Tallahassee Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Handle
We have seen many motorcycle accidents that can create terrifying devastation. Some of the most common types of accidents involving motorcycles include:
- Dooring Accidents - When a car door opens into the roadway and impacts the motorcyclist.
- Speeding Accidents - Cars speeding on a highway or through an intersection to beat a red light could miss a motorcyclist traveling legally.
- Blind Spot Accidents - Car blind spots cause accidents when changing lanes, particularly on a multi-lane roadway like I-27.
- Drunk Driving Collisions - A drunk driver loses the ability to determine how much room they need to safely stop their vehicle putting everyone on the road at risk.
- Distracted Driving Collisions - It only takes a split second of inattention to cause a rear-end accident, a front-end collision because someone crossed into another lane, or a sideswipe collision because of not paying attention.
Careless motor vehicle drivers cause many of these accidents. This makes a motorcyclist especially vulnerable since they have so little injury protection.
Which Injuries Can Arise From a Motorcycle Collision in Tallahassee?
Some of the common types of injuries victims of Tallahassee motorcycle accidents suffer include:
- Road rash, which can be very serious and lead to a dangerous infection
- Broken or crushed bones
- Internal injuries resulting in organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Leg and foot injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
Every victim's injury will be different because every accident is unique. Even two people involved in a similar type of accident can have a very different outcome. Remember, the speed at which two vehicles collide, the size of the vehicles, and the distance a crash throws a motorcyclist will play roles in the severity of an injury.
Additional factors such as the motorcycle operator's protective equipment, their overall health and physical condition at the time of the accident, and their height and weight may also play roles in the severity of the injury they suffer.
We Can Fight the Insurance Company For You
The biggest legal hurdle a Tallahassee motorcycle accident victim may face is dealing with the responsible party's insurance company. Never do this without an attorney.
In most cases, we recommend that accident victims allow our legal team to work with the insurer for the following reasons:
- There may be multiple insurance companies involved
- Insurance adjusters ask the same question in multiple ways to extract different answers to trap you into saying something that could hurt your claim
- Insurers will never advise you about your legal options
- Insurers do not want to pay your claim because it impacts their bottom line
- Insurers can mislead victims and convince them to sign documents that are not in their best interests
A motorcycle accident victim should never do certain things when dealing with an insurance company, including:
- Providing recorded statements - Some adjusters may tell you they cannot offer a settlement or resolve a claim without a recorded statement. This is simply not true.
- Signing documents without legal review - Insurers often send documents for signature, which may include medical records requests. Do not sign any documents until your legal team has reviewed them.
- Accepting a fast settlement offer - In general, a fast settlement offer allows the insurer to get off the hook for long-term issues. They may tell you that the offer is the “best” offer they will make. Do not fall for this. It is likely an attempt to pay as little as possible.
All Tallahassee motorcycle accident victims should remember that insurance adjusters work for the insurance company, not you. This typically means their goal is at direct odds with your goal. You want the maximum settlement possible, and the adjuster is determined to save their employer money. They are not there to protect you. Only your motorcycle accident injury attorney from Dolman Law Group will protect you and advocate on your behalf.
What to Do After a Tallahassee Motorcycle Accident
First, you must ensure you do not suffer any additional injuries or harm from a motorcycle accident. Seek immediate medical care following an accident, even if you do not think your injuries are serious. After receiving medical care, you can take other steps to ensure that you regain some control over what happens later. Some of the things you can do include:
Contact a lawyer from Dolman Law Group and provide them:
- A recap of the accident in your own words, and any information regarding witnesses and their contact information.
- A copy of all your medical bills associated with the treatment you received for your injuries.
- A copy of all receipts for expenses pertaining to your injuries, including medical bills, prescription costs, and any additional household expenses incurred because of your injury.
- A copy of the police report filed after the accident. Your personal injury lawyer can request this document on your behalf directly from the police as well.
- A journal detailing your pain levels, movement restrictions, and events you may have missed because of your injury.
Your legal team can help protect your rights and help you regain some control over the process of obtaining the best settlement for your injuries.
At the same time, it's best if you avoid:
- Discussing your injury or accident on social media platforms
- Doing anything likely to jeopardize your physical recovery
- Performing any task that directly contradicts your physical state after an injury
- Providing recorded statements to an insurance adjuster
You can only protect yourself if you understand what you should watch out for when dealing with insurance agents and adjusters. Some of the things to keep in mind include:
- Insurers are looking for any reason to deny a claim.
- Insurers will be investigating your injury claim and may contact coworkers, neighbors, and family to see what you told them and any events you may be participating in while recovering.
- Insurance adjusters are not interested in what is best for you.
- You should avoid giving any impression that you are responsible for the accident.
As a Tallahassee motorcycle accident victim, you may have a long road to recovery ahead. You have legal rights, and you must take whatever steps you can to protect them. This is why we strongly encourage injured motorcyclists to contact Dolman Law Group for a free consultation as soon as possible.
Contact a Tallahassee Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Dolman Law for Help With Your Motorcycle Collision Claim
You deserve to have someone fighting for you against the at-fault party and their insurance company. As a crash victim, you have the right not to face financial ruin when you were involved in an accident that was not your fault. You should not face financial losses because of another person's negligence.
If you have suffered an injury in a Tallahassee motorcycle accident, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today at 850-790-5830 and find out how we can help during a free consultation. We are committed to helping victims get the best possible settlement for their claims.
2707 Killarney Way, Suite 205
Tallahassee, FL 32309
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“Chad Robinson always responded immediately whenever I had questions or concerns. He worked hard to make sure I received what I deserved.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!"
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!