Did you Uber from the airport to one of the hotels around Florida State University, only to end up in a severe accident? Did you get a Lyft after watching an exciting Seminoles game, assuming that it would provide you with a safer option than drinking and driving, only to end up seriously injured because of the driver's negligence?
While rideshare services should offer a safe way to get to your destination, unfortunately, many drivers may have no more experience than the average driver on the streets and receive no special training. As a result, they may end up causing serious injuries when an accident occurs.
If you suffered injuries in a rideshare accident, a Tallahassee rideshare accident lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA can help you pursue the compensation you may deserve. Contact us for your free consultation.
Table of Contents
- Get Help After Your Tallahassee Rideshare Accident
- Compensation for Tallahassee Rideshare Accidents
- Challenges of Rideshare Accidents in Tallahassee
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Tallahassee Rideshare Accident
- What to Do After a Rideshare Accident in Tallahassee
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Tallahassee Rideshare Accident
- Contact a Tallahassee Rideshare Accident Lawyer Today
Dolman Law Group Can Help After Your Tallahassee Rideshare Accident
A rideshare accident can feel incredibly confusing and difficult to navigate. You may have questions about your right to compensation and the steps you may need to take next. At Dolman Law Group, we have extensive experience helping auto accident victims, including rideshare accident victims, pursue the compensation they deserve for those injuries.
- $5 million for a car accident resulting in burns
- $1.58 million for an auto accident resulting in herniated discs
- $1 million for a car accident
- $1 million for a wrongful death claim after a rideshare accident
- $939,000 for a rideshare accident
- $775,000 for a car accident
- $750,000 for a car accident
Your rideshare accident can leave you with substantial complications and ongoing difficulties, including those that may cause challenges for the rest of your life. At Dolman Law Group, our Tallahassee injury lawyers aim to help our clients recover the full compensation they deserve for those injuries.
Get Compassionate Support Managing Your Claim
A rideshare accident can cause devastation across your life. At Dolman Law Group, we aim to provide our clients with the kind of support and care they would receive from a smaller law firm. We make our appointments as accessible as possible, including offering virtual consultations for clients who may not feel comfortable coming into the office for any reason.
Furthermore, we have convenient office locations on both Florida coasts, so you can find a location close to you for your consultation. Our lawyers remain accessible to our clients so that you feel supported at every stage of the claim process.
We Offer Comprehensive, Big-Firm Legal Resources
At Dolman Law Group, we have the resources needed to take on big-name insurance companies, including Uber and Lyft. We fight to help our clients maximize the compensation they can recover for severe injuries sustained due to rideshare accidents. Our team of attorneys will take on the big names and fight for the compensation you deserve, often helping you obtain better results than you could have on your own.
Are you ready to learn more about your rights following a Tallahassee rideshare accident? Do you need to start a claim against a rideshare driver or service for your injuries? Contact Dolman Law Group today to schedule your consultation.
Compensation for Tallahassee Rideshare Accidents
A Tallahassee rideshare accident can prove incredibly expensive. You may have big medical bills that you have to deal with, especially if you suffer serious injuries like a traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury.
How much compensation can you expect?
However, the compensation you may ultimately recover for your injuries may depend on:
- What was the driver's status at the time of the accident? Both Uber and Lyft have different stages of insurance based on whether the driver had the app on at the time of the accident and whether the driver had an active passenger or had headed out to pick up the passenger. Sometimes, you may receive less coverage for an incident with an Uber or Lyft driver because the driver did not have an active passenger at the time of the accident.
- What injuries did you sustain in the accident? Your injuries can substantially impact the compensation you can reasonably recover for your accident since most injury claims base compensation on the medical bills you faced due to your injuries.
- Who caused your accident? If the Uber or Lyft driver caused your accident directly, you could usually pursue compensation through that insurance policy. On the other hand, if another party caused your accident, you may need to seek compensation through that driver's insurance policy.
At Dolman Law Group, in addition to considering who caused your accident and what insurance policy covers the liable party, we will look at several critical elements of your injuries to help determine the compensation you should reasonably expect after your accident.
What injuries did you suffer, and what did your medical costs look like?
Your Tallahassee rideshare accident injuries will serve as the foundation of your injury claim following a serious incident. Frequently, rideshare accidents will involve serious injuries that may require substantial medical care and ongoing treatment. Document your medical costs carefully so that you can provide your lawyer with a full assessment of what those costs have looked like as you manage your medical needs after the accident.
Did you have to miss work because of your rideshare accident injuries? How much income did you lose?
You may face substantial job implications because of your rideshare accident injuries, especially if your injuries keep you out of work for a long time after the accident. You may have to miss time at work to take care of your immediate recovery or to manage follow-up appointments after the accident.
Furthermore, you may end up unable to work at all because of your injuries, or you may have to change industries or positions to help you maximize the compensation you can recover. At Dolman Law Group, we will look at the full damages you sustained due to missing work and help you include them as part of your rideshare accident claim.
What suffering did your injuries cause?
In addition to your financial losses, you may face several challenges related to your injuries and recovery. Frequently, rideshare accidents mean a loss of independence or considerable suffering, making it very difficult to manage your everyday life. You may suffer from increased depression, anxiety, or even PTSD due to your injuries and symptoms. Your attorney can help you better understand how to include your suffering and the non-financial elements of your accident as part of your claim.
The Challenges of Rideshare Accidents in Tallahassee
Tallahassee residents and visitors alike may face significant hazards from rideshare drivers.
Heavy Tourist Traffic
Each year, Tallahassee sees an estimated 2.4 million tourists. Those tourists often use rideshare services to get around, which may mean a high demand for rideshare drivers and, therefore, a large number of rideshare drivers. While those rideshare drivers can provide considerable convenience, as more rideshare drivers take to the road, it can cause increased risks, particularly if inexperienced drivers sign up for rideshare services in the Tallahassee area.
Rideshare drivers may not have a choice about their route or the times of day when they enter potentially dangerous areas. Tallahassee has potentially dangerous intersections and streets, including Apalachee Parkway and Tennessee Street. Dangerous intersections in Tallahassee may include White Drive and Pensacola Street, Monroe Street, and Orange Avenue.
Common Causes of Tallahassee Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare accidents can occur for any number of reasons.
- Inexperience. Rideshare drivers may not have as much experience as their passengers might like before they take to the roads, which can increase the risk of serious accidents.
- Distraction. Rideshare drivers may interact with their apps or try to check GPS when navigating through the streets of Tallahassee, which may lead to significantly increased accident potential.
- Ignoring the rules of the road. Rideshare drivers may prove more prone to speed or drive aggressively to decrease their travel times since they may get paid more if they can deliver more passengers to their destinations.
- High-traffic times. More rideshare drivers often take to the road during high-traffic times. Unfortunately, with more drivers on the road and heavy traffic throughout Tallahassee, the risk of accidents may increase significantly.
Tallahassee rideshare accidents may result in severe injuries to their passengers. Rideshare accidents may cause the same injuries that victims may face in any other car accident, including brain injury, severely broken bones, spinal cord injuries, or burns.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Tallahassee Rideshare Accident
After a Tallahassee rideshare accident, you may assume you have nothing to worry about as a passenger. Clearly, you did not cause or contribute to the accident, so you should reasonably deserve total compensation for your injuries. However, the insurance company that covers the rideshare driver may not see it that way. You may often find yourself fighting to get the compensation you deserve for Tallahassee rideshare accident injuries.
The insurance company may:
- Try to deny liability or push it on the other driver, which may make the investigation take longer and make it more difficult for you to recover reasonable compensation for your injuries.
- Deny the extent of your injuries.
- Pressure you to accept a low settlement offer that does not reflect the damages you sustained in the accident, which could leave you without the compensation you deserve for your Tallahassee rideshare accident injuries.
At Dolman Law Group, we understand all the challenges you may face when dealing with the insurance company after a rideshare accident. Uber and Lyft both have extensive legal teams that may fight to avoid paying out for all the damages you may have sustained in the accident. You need a legal team on your side, helping you fight the insurance company and pursue the full compensation you deserve.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident in Tallahassee
Following your Tallahassee rideshare accident, you need to take the right steps to protect the compensation you can reasonably recover from those injuries.
- Get a copy of the accident report.
- Keep a file with all your medical bills, including receipts for copays or bills you may have already paid. Those bills can add up fast, and you want a clear record of what you have spent on your medical care.
- Keep a journal that lays out your injuries, what you have suffered because of them, and what your recovery has looked like.
- Talk to an attorney about your right to compensation.
You can end up with a difficult fight to get reasonable compensation for your injuries after a Tallahassee rideshare accident. At Dolman Law Group, we can provide you with the comprehensive legal support you need to continue pursuing the total compensation you deserve.
However, Uber and Lyft do have extensive legal teams, and they may decide to fight your claim, especially if your claim involves substantial compensation. If you must go to court to reach a reasonable settlement for your claim, you need a lawyer on your side that will fight just as aggressively as Uber or Lyft's insurance teams. Dolman Law Group can help provide the comprehensive legal services you need if you must go to court over your claim.
Contact a Tallahassee Ridesharing Accident Lawyer Today
When you have serious injuries from a Tallahassee Ridesharing accident, you should not try to handle your insurance claim on your own. Both Uber and Lyft have large legal teams that may fight to reduce your compensation, which could mean a difficult battle and a long road ahead. At Dolman Law Group, we have the resources needed to help fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today at 850-790-5830 to discuss your right to compensation.
2707 Killarney Way, Suite 205
Tallahassee, FL 32309
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“Chad Robinson always responded immediately whenever I had questions or concerns. He worked hard to make sure I received what I deserved.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!"
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!