- Why Should You Call Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, If You Are in a Motorcycle Accident in Lehigh Acres?
- How Much Potential Compensation is Available to a Motorcycle Accident Victim?
- Motorcycle Accidents in Lehigh Acres
- What Causes Many Lehigh Acres Motorcycle Accidents?
- The Most Common Injuries to Motorcyclists in an Accident With a Vehicle
- The Challenges Facing a Motorcyclist When Filing an Insurance Claim
- What Can a Motorcyclist Do After a Lehigh Acres Accident to Help Their Case?
- Lehigh Acres Motorcycle Accident Lawyer FAQs
- Call Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA After a Lehigh Acres Motorcycle Collision
Why Should You Call Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, If You Are in a Motorcycle Accident in Lehigh Acres?At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have experience representing victims like you against insurance companies and the parties responsible for your injuries. We understand the anger, frustration and overwhelming feelings you are going through as a motorcycle accident victim. We want to help you seek justice and money to help you recover from the traumatic event and aftermath of a motorcycle accident in Lehigh Acres. Our team of attorneys and staff are available at 17 office locations in Florida, with several offices near Lehigh Acres. We can accommodate your needs if you want to meet in person or virtually as soon as possible. Our phone lines are available 24 hours a day during the week to be able to schedule your first appointment and answer any immediate questions you might have. We want to help you with your motorcycle accident case and protect your legal rights as you try to resolve the insurance claim in your case. We will not back down from the big insurance companies and their lawyers because we know their tactics and inner workings. Our Lehigh Acres injury lawyers and staff have years of experience handling cases representing injury victims, and we know what it takes to get successful results time and time again. While no guarantee of future success in all claims, our clients' past results speak for themselves:
- $1.4 million resolution for a victim of multiple injuries in a motorcycle collision
- $1 million to the victim of a motorcycle accident suffering a Traumatic Brain Injury
- $415,000 in compensation to a motorcycle accident victim requiring a cervical fusion
How Much Potential Compensation is Available to a Motorcycle Accident Victim?We have assisted many victims of motorcycle accidents with their insurance claims or lawsuits as they seek out compensation for their damages after a motorcycle crash. The amount of compensation available to you when you sustain injuries due to another's negligence will vary depending on how many injuries you sustain, the prognosis of your injuries, influences on your ability to live your life and the coverage available through an insurance company. Although we cannot predict how much money you can win in your case, we can take a step-by-step approach to accurately calculate your losses and evaluate the likely outcome in the case. Once we know what your losses are and what they may entail in the future due to your injuries, we can take an informed and calculated approach when negotiating a settlement for you with the insurers. Damages you may be eligible to recover for in a motorcycle accident claim:
- The costs of medical treatment, including treatment you may require in the future
- The amount of your lost income, potential earnings and future income if your injuries affect you in the long-term
- Your pain and suffering, which includes physical distress as well as the emotional and mental anguish of the accident and your injuries
- Property damage expenses may include the costs for repair of your bike or the value of the bike if there is a complete loss in the collision
Motorcycle Accidents in Lehigh AcresThe frequency of motorcycle accidents pales in comparison to accidents between vehicles, but this is because there are also far fewer motorcycles on the roads than cars at any given time. Unfortunately, although motorcycle crashes happen less often than car crashes, this does not mean they are any less severe. In fact, motorcyclists are at a much higher risk of death and catastrophic injury when accidents occur. The Lehigh Acres area reports about 350 motorcycle accidents every year. As a result of those accidents, 22 motorcycle accident victims will suffer a fatality, and over 300 victims will sustain injuries that may be severe.
What Causes Many Lehigh Acres Motorcycle Accidents?Motorcycle accidents can happen in many circumstances, and what triggers an accident in one case might cause only a scare in another. However, getting to the bottom of the cause of the motorcycle accident that led to your injuries is how you will determine who might, in turn, be responsible for your losses. For example, you might have some idea of what occurred in the moments before you sustained an impact by a vehicle in a motorcycle crash. However, it is also not uncommon for motorcycle accident victims to not see the accident coming or have difficulty recollecting the sequence of events before the collision occurs due to the injuries suffered. The police, the insurance company and the attorney representing you in the case can each conduct their own investigation into the crash to identify factors that caused the collision and, subsequently, your injuries. However, the outcome of each investigation may not be the same depending on the evidence available to each of the parties when investigating. As part of your case, your attorney will work hard to discover why an accident occurred and the cause of your motorcycle accident injuries. Common causes of a motorist's negligence that can lead to a motorcycle accident include:
- Speeding. When a vehicle is moving too fast, it can make it challenging for a motorist to see motorcyclists in their path or stop the vehicle in time to avoid a collision.
- Breaking traffic laws. Failing to follow traffic signs or signals such as traffic lights can cause chaos and result in injuries to a motorcyclist. Drivers that cannot follow motor vehicle laws endanger everyone on the roads due to their dangerous behavior.
- Driving distracted. Too many distractions are available to drivers as they operate their vehicles. A driver that takes their attention from the road for even just one moment can end up hitting a motorcycle rider and causing death or serious injuries.
- Failure to check blind spots. Motorcycle awareness is one of the biggest challenges and threats to a motorcycle rider's safety. While a driver might take a moment to glance and check if there are cars nearby, failing to consider the possibility of a motorcycle in a blind spot can result in an accident.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Any time a driver gets behind the wheel under the influence of any substance, whether it is legal or illegal, they run the risk of causing harm to the public on the roadways. Drivers under the influence cannot react appropriately and can cause a collision with a motorcyclist in many different scenarios.
- Reckless driving. Drivers that like to tailgate, slam on their brakes or make sudden unannounced lane changes can cause a motorcyclist to lose control, stricken by a vehicle or thrown from their bike.
The Most Common Injuries to Motorcyclists in an Accident With a VehicleThe injuries that a motorcycle rider can sustain when a vehicle strikes them can be severe and, sadly, in some cases, fatal. A motorcycle rider does not have the same protections that an occupant of a vehicle has access to. There is no frame surrounding them, no doors, no airbags and no seatbelts. When a vehicle collides with a motorcycle, a rider can suffer injuries from the impact on the bike and their body and the secondary consequences if the motorcyclist falls into the pavement, the vehicle involved or other objects nearby. Injuries that a motorcyclist can sustain in a motorcycle accident:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other head, neck or back injuries
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Crush injuries
- Internal injury to organs
The Challenges Facing a Motorcyclist When Filing an Insurance ClaimThe insurance companies do not want to pay costly damages on a claim. They want to reduce compensation based on any loophole or discrepancy they encounter, and if they can figure out a way to deny a claim, they will. As a motorcyclist, you are facing not only the typical challenges of dealing with insurance claims after an accident but also the added bias and obstacles you will likely encounter as you navigate advocating for your rights and compensation. Insurance companies will try to take the blame off their insured and onto a motorcyclist; however, they can. To combat these tactics and prepare a strong case that does not allow an insurer to manipulate the facts, you should hire a motorcycle accident attorney to represent you in your case. When you hire a lawyer, they will advocate for you, protect your interests and fight for your rights against the parties responsible for your injuries and losses.
What Can a Motorcyclist Do After a Lehigh Acres Accident to Help Their Case?Uncertainty fills the days and weeks following a motorcycle crash. You may require hospitalization, surgeries and other procedures to stabilize you, and the extent or severity of your injuries may not yet be clear. For some victims, the initial days after a crash can be quite the rollercoaster as the threat of complications and serious effects from the accident is high during this time. You can do some things to help your Lehigh Acres motorcycle accident case in the aftermath.
1. Focus on the Healing ProcessYour injuries are likely serious and the timeline for recovery may extend weeks, months or even years into the future. Even if the process is frustrating and there are some setbacks, you should continue to follow your doctor's advice and fulfill all appointments and rehabilitation asked of you to maximize your potential recovery.
2. Keep RecordsBetween keeping up with your doctor appointments and handling your day-to-day responsibilities, life can quickly get hectic following a motorcycle crash. As time goes on it can get harder to recall the details of the day of the accident, the recovery of your injuries and the impacts you have felt due to your injuries. The best way to ensure you do not forget important information that might be relevant to the case is to record your thoughts and experiences through a journal that you can easily update and add to as you go through the case.
3. Call Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers TodayAt the same time that you have worries and concerns about your injuries and recovery, insurance companies will try to talk to you. They are not calling to help; they are calling to protect themselves and assess your potential damages and perspective on the case to determine how they will fight back your compensation claims. This is a terrible time for you to have to deal with these claim issues and concerns. Calling an attorney can help you focus on what matters and let them take the lead on your case and handle all communications with interested parties to the case, such as the insurer or party at fault.
Lehigh Acres Motorcycle Accident Lawyer FAQsMotorcycle accidents can cause devastation to victims and damages that cause significant impacts on their life. You may have questions related to how and why motorcycle accidents occur and who is responsible for the injuries you sustain. Additionally, one of your primary concerns after a vehicle crashes into you is likely how you will get the compensation you need to cover your medical costs and other damages. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we want to help you answer those questions and more in the aftermath of your motorcycle accident case. Contact us to schedule your free case evaluation to discuss what options are open to you.
What Unique Dangers Do Motorcyclists Face?A motorcycle gives riders the ability to maneuver swiftly on the roads. However, while the size and maneuverability of a bike are often what makes it appealing, these features, along with some other design elements, can also create dangers for motorcyclists if they become involved in a collision with a motor vehicle. Unfortunately, a motorcycle does not offer the same protection as another vehicle. When a crash happens, a rider is more likely to suffer severe, disabling or fatal injuries. Common dangers a motorcycle may encounter while traveling the roadways in Lehigh Acres:
- Hazardous weather. The weather in Lehigh Acres can be unpredictable, particularly during the spring and summer months when thunderstorms can seemingly appear out of nowhere. When motorcyclists get caught in a storm, they are at immediate risk of injury due to the slippery surfaces and limited visibility. While a driver can just flip the switch of their wipers and continue their travels, depending on the severity of the weather, a motorcyclist will likely be trying to get to safety and off the roads as quickly as possible.
- Debris. Road work and loose loads on trucks can cause debris to scatter on the roadways. Motorcyclists are at risk of losing grip and control of their bikes if they are not able to avoid the debris. Additionally, debris that kicks up into a motorcyclist by passing vehicles can result in injuries and obstruction to the rider's visibility.
- Roads in disrepair. Potholes, uneven streets and broken gravel on roads can create challenges for motorcycles when traveling over these surfaces. Motorcyclists rely heavily on maintaining balance to control the bike. When something causes a rider to lose balance even for a moment, they are at risk of wiping out and losing control of the motorcycle.
- Traffic congestion. Although you can attribute dangers such as speeding to open roads when traffic accumulates on the roadways, a motorcyclist can be at an elevated risk of an accident and injuries. Impatient drivers, aggressive drivers, and stop-and-go traffic create challenges for motorcycle riders trying to stay safe on the roads on their commute.
- Defective elements. The parts and equipment that comprise a motorcycle can sometimes cause an accident or worsen your injuries. If an accident investigation a potential defect in your motorcycle may have contributed to your injuries, the manufacturer of the motorcycle or specific part could be liable.
- Blind spots. Every vehicle has a blind spot, and longer and bigger vehicles may have even larger blind spots where a driver can fail to identify a motorcyclist traveling alongside them. If a motorist shifts lanes without checking their blind spot for a motorcycle rider, they can push the rider into other traffic or cause them to lose control.