Spring Hill, Florida, has a strong pedestrian infrastructure, complete with modern improvements intended to help make the area safer for everyone who visits. However, that does not necessarily mean that pedestrians remain safe from the potential hazards introduced by drivers in the area. When drivers behave negligently around pedestrian crossways, it can lead to devastating accidents, complete with injuries that can, in many cases, change the course of the injured party’s life.
Did you suffer injuries in a Spring Hill pedestrian accident? Contact a Spring Hill pedestrian accident lawyer at Dolman Law Group to discuss your right to compensation.
- Dolman Law Group: Comprehensive Legal Help After Your Spring Hill Pedestrian Accident
- The Results You Should Expect After a Spring Hill Pedestrian Accident
- Spring Hill Pedestrian Accidents: How They Occur
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Pedestrian Accident in Spring Hill
- The Aftermath of a Pedestrian Accident in Spring Hill: What to Do
- Spring Hill Pedestrian Accident FAQ
- Get Legal Help After Your Spring Hill Pedestrian Accident
Dolman Law Group: Comprehensive Legal Help After Your Spring Hill Pedestrian Accident
At Dolman Law Group, our Spring Hill personal injury lawyers understand the challenges that may arise following any pedestrian accident. We want to help our clients recover the compensation they deserve for their injuries and suffering. We have extensive experience dealing with injury claims throughout the Spring Hill area and beyond, and we aim to bring that extensive experience to clients who find themselves struggling to recover compensation following a devastating accident.
Customer Service Focused
All too often, when you find yourself dealing with a devastating injury claim, you may have a hard time getting anyone to focus on your specific needs. The insurance company wants to minimize the compensation it has to pay out as much as possible. The driver that caused your accident does not want to accept liability, particularly if that driver can avoid taking full responsibility for the accident.
At Dolman Law Group, we focus on supporting our clients. We keep the focus on you and your needs so that you can feel more confident about the ultimate resolution to your claim.
At Dolman Law Group, we cannot guarantee the results of your Spring Hill pedestrian accident claim. However, we can assure you a high standard of service and a commitment to obtaining the crucial results you need as part of your injury claim. Thanks to our commitment, our clients often obtain better results than they would on their own. We fight aggressively to help maximize the compensation our clients can recover for their injuries, providing them with the financial recovery they need.
Ease of Access
We strive to make it easy for our clients to get in touch with us and access the legal services they need. Dolman Law Group has offices on both Florida coasts and throughout the nation, making it easy for our clients to connect with us. If you cannot visit our offices in person, we can arrange for a virtual consultation, taking the appointment wherever you need.
Do you need more information about your pedestrian accident claim? Do you want to move forward with your claim and increase the odds that you will get the full compensation you deserve? Contact Dolman Law Group today.
The Results You Should Expect After a Spring Hill Pedestrian Accident
When you suffer injuries in a pedestrian accident, it does not take long for the medical bills to start pouring in. You need medical attention to help increase your odds of fully recovering and provide you with the much-needed support you require to heal, but medical care can prove extremely expensive. Just how much compensation can you expect to recover for your pedestrian accident injuries?
The compensation you ultimately recover can depend on:
- Who caused your accident? If you discover that multiple factors contributed to your pedestrian accident, it could increase the compensation you can claim for those injuries.
- What insurance policy covers the liable party, and what compensation it offers? A comprehensive look at the insurance policy can give you a better idea of what to expect as you file your claim. At Dolman Law Group, we strive to provide our clients with a fully accurate view of what the relevant insurance policy can provide.
- What injuries did you sustain in the accident? Pedestrian accident injuries can vary from road rash to extreme injuries like spinal cord damage or traumatic brain injury. Working with an attorney gives you a better idea of how much compensation you can claim for those injuries and how your injuries may impact your right to compensation.
While we cannot guarantee the compensation you will recover for your pedestrian accident injuries, we can help you evaluate all the financial and non-financial losses you sustained. With a detailed collection of losses, you can file an injury claim that includes all you’ve lost.
What injuries did you sustain due to your Spring Hill pedestrian accident?
Your pedestrian accident claim will start with a comprehensive look at the injuries you suffered in the accident. Severe injuries, in most cases, will involve more extensive compensation than minor injuries. Your lawyer will want to know what injuries you sustained, what medical treatment you needed, and what medical bills you faced as a direct result of your injuries so they can include all those factors in your injury claim.
Make sure you take a look at all of your medical expenses. You need to claim compensation for emergency medical treatment and the long-term care often needed to treat pedestrian accident injuries. You may also want to talk to your doctors about any medical needs you anticipate in the future and what they may cost so that you can include those costs as part of your injury claim.
Did you have to miss work because of your accident?
If you missed work because of your accident, it could cause substantial challenges and financial losses. Missed work can reduce your income, especially if you do not have insurance to help support you during that time off work.
Talk to your attorney at Dolman Law Group about exactly what time you missed from work due to your accident. Did you have to stay out of work for a long time immediately after the accident, often due to severe injuries? Did you end up with long-term limitations that prevented you from returning to a full-time schedule or made it more difficult for you to complete your usual job duties? Did you have to miss additional work for follow-up procedures?
All those factors can contribute to your injury claim. Make sure you discuss them with your lawyer so that you can provide a full assessment of the financial losses you may have suffered because of your accident.
What suffering did you face due to your Spring Hill pedestrian accident?
Dealing with the aftermath of a pedestrian accident injury can prove incredibly taxing. Not only do you have immense physical pain to deal with, but you may also find yourself suffering from the overall loss of independence or struggling with your inability to engage in the activities you loved most before the accident. At Dolman Law Group, we strive to help our clients get compensation for all the losses they sustained due to the accident, including the ones without a specific financial value. You can claim compensation for that pain and suffering, providing the funds you may need to start moving forward with your life.
Spring Hill Pedestrian Accidents: How They Occur
Spring Hill does not have good sidewalks throughout much of the area, and where present, they may not have continuous stretches. As a result, many people find it difficult to get around the area on foot effectively. The area may also fail to offer marked crosswalks or adequate lighting, which can increase the risk of a devastating pedestrian accident.
Spring Hill pedestrian accidents can occur for many reasons.
- Driver distraction. A distracted driver may completely miss the presence of a pedestrian in a crosswalk or at an intersection, leading to a devastating collision.
- Weather challenges that affect visibility. Like much of Florida, Spring Hill can see heavy periods of rain that may come on without warning. As a result, pedestrians may end up caught in storms that make it impossible for drivers to see them, which may substantially raise the risk of a collision.
- Dangerous intersections. The intersection at Linden and Coronado has a high rate of accidents, caused partly by dangerous afternoon sunlight and speeding drivers at night. Those dangers can also increase the risk to pedestrians. Other intersections throughout Spring Hill may offer similar challenges to pedestrians as they try to get around.
- Poorly marked crosswalks. Spring Hill lacks adequate crosswalks, and many do not have clear markings. Although Florida law gives pedestrians the right of way, drivers may not realize that pedestrians have already entered the road or may not recognize that pedestrians have the right to cross, which may increase risk.
Pedestrians may also increase the risk of accidents as they move around the streets. They may cause accidents through public inebriation or failing to follow the rules of the road, despite pedestrians having to follow many of the same rules as drivers to use the streets safely.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Pedestrian Accident in Spring Hill
After a pedestrian accident, the insurance company may insist that you must have caused the accident due to your own negligence. The driver, the insurance company may insist, could not have seen you clearly; and as a result, the driver could not avoid you. The insurance company may also claim that you behaved recklessly, running into the road without warning or ignoring traffic signals.
Worse, the insurance company may accept liability but ignore the full extent of your injuries, offering a settlement that reflects only a small percentage of the damages that occurred during the accident.
You may find yourself aggressively fighting the insurance company as you demand the compensation you deserve, and the insurance company resists. Do not try to handle that fight on your own.
At Dolman Law Group, we have the experience to fight even the big names in car insurance, including Progressive and Allstate. We can help our clients fight for the compensation they deserve following a pedestrian accident.
The Aftermath of a Pedestrian Accident in Spring Hill: What to Do
Did you suffer injuries in your Spring Hill pedestrian accident?
If so, you may need to take your next steps carefully to increase the odds that you will recover reasonable compensation for those devastating injuries.
- Talk to Dolman Law Group as soon as possible. A pedestrian accident claim can quickly become challenging, and you do not want to face the insurance company alone. We can handle many of the following steps for you, too.
- Get a copy of the accident report and ensure it has accurate information about where and when the accident occurred. Contact the Spring Hill police department to discuss if the report contains inaccurate information.
- Track your medical expenses. You may want to start a file that details all the medical costs you have faced due to the accident, including co-pays, deductibles, and medical procedures not covered by your insurance.
- Document your recovery. You may want to keep a journal that lays out the specific challenges you have faced and any steps you have taken toward your recovery.
- Do what your doctor says. If you fail to follow your doctor’s instructions, it could limit the compensation you can recover and interfere with your physical recovery.
Spring Hill Pedestrian Accident FAQ
If you have specific questions about your claim or your next steps after a pedestrian accident, contact Dolman Law Group as soon as possible.
Does the driver always bear liability in a Spring Hill pedestrian accident?
Liability for a Spring Hill pedestrian accident can be complicated, particularly in intersections with no traffic cameras or oversight. According to Florida law, pedestrians have the right of way in intersections. However, that does not mean pedestrians have the right to run into the intersection whenever they please, without paying attention to the traffic flow around them.
Rather, pedestrian right of way means that pedestrians already in the intersection have the right to proceed through safely and that drivers must yield until pedestrians, including elderly, injured, or slow pedestrians, make their way safely to the other side.
Pedestrians must also follow the same road rules that apply to drivers. They must follow traffic signals, adhere to traffic signs, and avoid crossing in unsafe locations.
Drivers do not always bear liability, especially if pedestrians engage in reckless behavior on the road. However, drivers often bear liability due to distraction or overall lack of care in the case of severe pedestrian accidents.
If I need medical care because of my Spring Hill pedestrian accident, who has to pay for it?
As the person who suffered injuries in your pedestrian accident and, therefore, the one who needed medical care, you will need to make arrangements to take care of your medical expenses. Medical bills after a pedestrian accident can quickly grow costly, especially if you suffered devastating injuries that will require long-term care. Fortunately, you do have several options that can help alleviate some of the weight of those costs.
Use your insurance.
If you carry PIP insurance as a Florida driver, you may have the right to use that coverage after a pedestrian accident. PIP insurance helps provide coverage for the immediate medical cost of any auto accident, including a pedestrian accident. It does not matter that you suffered injuries as a pedestrian rather than a driver; your PIP insurance will typically still provide assistance and compensation.
If you carry medical insurance, that insurance can prove vital to covering the ongoing cost of serious medical expenses after pedestrian accident injuries. Your medical insurance can help with the immediate cost of medical care and the cost of long-term care, including physical or occupational therapy, for injuries that may have lasting consequences.
File a pedestrian accident claim.
Filing a pedestrian accident claim can recover compensation to cover the cost of medical treatment and manage your other bills following a pedestrian accident. However, remember that a pedestrian accident claim will require neither the driver nor the driver’s insurance company to pay your medical costs directly. Rather, it will provide you with a lump sum payment, which you can use to cover the cost of your medical treatment.
Talk to your lawyer about other options that may assist you with paying for the cost of medical care, including how you can include all medical care costs as part of your injury claim.
When should I contact a lawyer about my Spring Hill pedestrian accident claim?
You should contact a lawyer immediately after your Spring Hill pedestrian accident. The longer you wait to get in touch with a lawyer, the longer it may take before that lawyer can start working on your behalf, which may ultimately mean that it limits your ability to recover the full compensation you deserve.
Some people, however, may try to handle their pedestrian accident claims on their own in the beginning. As the claim goes on, they may notice signs that they may need to bring in a lawyer to assist with the claim.
If you find these challenges appearing as you deal with your injury claim, get in touch with a lawyer as soon as possible.
- The insurance company refuses to accept its driver’s liability for the accident. Any time you have a case of disputed liability, you need a lawyer on your side who can help you go over the conditions that led to the accident and identify who caused it and, therefore, who owes you compensation for your injuries.
- Multiple factors contributed to your pedestrian accident. If your claim involves multiple parties, you may need a lawyer to help you determine what percentage liability each one bears and how you can break down your injury claim to maximize your compensation.
- The insurance company denies the extent of your injuries from the accident. In some cases, the insurance company may insist that you did not suffer the injuries you claim because of your pedestrian accident. In other cases, the insurance company may try to show that you must have suffered those injuries at another time or that you did not need the treatments you claimed due to your accident.
- The insurance company issues a settlement offer that does not reflect the compensation you deserve.
- You can also contact a lawyer whenever you have questions about your pedestrian accident claim and what you should do next. At Dolman Law Group, we start with a free consultation to help you better understand the compensation you should expect and your next steps to get answers to some of your questions with no further obligations.
What does it mean if the insurance company issues a fast settlement offer after a Spring Hill pedestrian accident?
Sometimes, the insurance company has to accept that its driver caused your accident; therefore, you deserve compensation for your injuries. The insurance company may not attempt to dispute liability, especially if the driver admits fault for the accident. However, the insurance company may attempt to reduce the compensation it pays after an early settlement offer.
That settlement offer may arrive soon after the initial incident before you can contact a lawyer or even consider the full extent of the damages you sustained in the accident. You may not know what your future recovery will look like, including how much you will likely recover from your injuries. However, you may have faced the initial medical bills associated with your accident, know that you will have ongoing medical care needs related to your injuries, and feel relieved that you have an offer in hand.
That offer, however, may not reflect the full extent of the damages you will have to deal with after your Spring Hill pedestrian accident. While it may seem to offer great compensation on the surface, as you dig further into your injuries and the costs that go along with them, you may realize that the insurance company has not offered reasonable compensation.
If you receive an early settlement offer, talk to Dolman Law Group before accepting. We can help you break down the losses you sustained because of your Spring Hill pedestrian accident and help you present those losses to the insurance company in a way that will help you maximize the damages you can recover for your injuries. Furthermore, we can help you fight if the insurance company makes it difficult to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Should I contact the insurance company myself after a Spring Hill pedestrian accident?
Contact Dolman Law Group after your pedestrian accident, and let us take care of talking to the insurance company on your behalf. Insurance companies can make accident claims very difficult. Ultimately, they want to reduce the compensation it has to pay because the insurance company wants to keep its profits. As the injured party, you want to maximize your compensation. Most people struggle to deal with the insurance company effectively after a pedestrian accident.
You may have trouble with questions designed to minimize the compensation the insurance company has to pay out, including questions the adjuster may ask about your current stage of recovery or your weekend activities.
By using a lawyer to navigate those interactions with the insurance company, many people find that they can more successfully deal with the insurance company and avoid pitfalls. Ultimately, that often means that they recover more compensation for their injuries.
How long does filing a pedestrian accident claim in Spring Hill take?
If you need to file a pedestrian accident claim in Spring Hill, you should expect it to take several months to recover compensation for your injuries. Several things may contribute to the timeline as you wait for compensation.
Some Spring Hill pedestrian accident claims may look fairly straightforward. The driver that caused the accident accepts liability. You have clear evidence of your injuries and the treatment you needed. With the evidence ready, it should be simple to put together your case.
Other claims, however, may prove much more complicated. Your lawyer may have to seek witnesses or locate the accident’s camera footage. You may need an expert witness to come in and recreate the scene of the accident. The driver may fight liability for the accident, making it difficult for you to get the insurance company to accept liability and payout for your claim.
The investigation process for a pedestrian accident claim can take weeks. You may also discover that the insurance company wants a full evaluation of your injuries and recovery, which means you must provide access to your medical information and give time for the insurance company to look it over.
You may need time to recover from your injuries before moving forward effectively with a pedestrian accident claim. In fact, your lawyer may advise that you take time to recover before you put together your demand package.
Even among people who suffered similar injuries, recovery time and the extent of the recovery can vary immensely. You may need to go through multiple treatments. You may suffer setbacks and challenges. Along the way, you may keep accumulating medical expenses. You want your claim to include an accurate look at all the losses you suffered, so your lawyer may advise waiting until you have progressed through your recovery to file your claim.
Expect the negotiation process to take time after your pedestrian accident. You want to maximize your compensation, while the insurance company wants to minimize it. Your lawyer can help you determine when to continue negotiating and when a settlement offer is fair.
I got bumped and knocked down by a car in Spring Hill, but I thought I was fine. Later, I realized I had suffered injuries in the accident. Can I still file a claim?
You may file a claim any time you suffer injuries in a pedestrian accident, even if you did not seek medical attention at the time of the accident. However, it can prove more difficult to establish exactly when those injuries occurred if you did not see a doctor right after the accident. Contact Dolman Law Group as soon as you realize that you suffered injuries in your pedestrian accident so we can help guide you through the claim process.
Get Legal Help After Your Spring Hill Pedestrian Accident
If you suffered injuries in a Spring Hill pedestrian accident, you need an experienced attorney who can help you learn more about your right to compensation and the steps you need to take to protect yourself. Contact Dolman Law Group today at (352) 612-3437 to discuss your claim.
Spring Hill Office Location
10485 Heley St.
Spring Hill, FL 34609