Pompano Beach's long stretch of Route A1A along the Atlantic coast makes for a delightful place to ride a motorcycle. Unfortunately, many roads in and around Pompano Beach aren't quite as welcoming to bikers. Congestion, speeding, and careless, aggressive, and distracted drivers throughout the city constantly put motorcyclists at risk of dangerous accidents.
If a Pompano Beach-area motorcycle accident injured you or killed a loved one, an experienced Pompano Beach motorcycle accident lawyer can evaluate your claim and handle the process of getting compensation.
Contact us at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, for a free motorcycle accident case evaluation.
Table of Contents
- Motorcycle Accident Hotspots in Pompano Beach
- Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Pompano Beach
- Pompano Beach Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Compensation for a Pompano Beach Motorcycle Accident
- Contact an Experienced Pompano Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
- Frequently Asked Questions About Pompano Beach Motorcycle Accident Claims
Motorcycle Accident Hotspots in Pompano Beach
According to Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), 703 motorcycle crashes happened in a recent year in Broward County, resulting in 39 deaths and 578 injuries.
Many of those accidents occurred in Pompano Beach on major thoroughfares and neighborhood streets. Some locations, however, became hotspots for motorcycle crashes during that time.
- The intersection of Atlantic Boulevard and U.S. Route 1 (Federal Highway)
- The intersection of U.S. Route 1 (Federal Highway) and N.E. 14th Street
- N. Dixie Highway at Copans Road
- I-95 at the Copans Road interchange
- The intersection of Atlantic Boulevard and Powerline Road
- Atlantic Boulevard between U.S. Route 1 and I-95
No matter where your motorcycle accident happened in Pompano Beach, the team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, has the skill and resources to hold the parties at fault accountable.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Pompano Beach
Most motorcycle crashes happen because of an error by someone other than the motorcyclist, like the driver of the car or truck that collided with the motorcycle. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we carefully investigate our clients' motorcycle accidents to determine how they happened and who should bear the blame.
Here is a look at some of the most common human error-related causes of motorcycle accidents in Pompano Beach.
One of the most common types of motorcycle accidents involves a motorist turning left into the path of a motorcycle. Drivers turning left must yield the right-of-way to vehicles driving straight in a lane the driver intends to cross, which requires seeing those vehicles and judging a safe gap in traffic to complete their turn. Unfortunately, drivers frequently fail at these tasks.
Several reasons might explain why a driver does not see or react appropriately to an approaching motorcycle when making a left turn.
- Driver distraction.
- Visual obstructions or challenges that make it difficult to see a motorcycle.
- Inattentional blindness, which refers to the brain's failure to register a motorcycle in plain sight.
Distracted driving is a significant cause of all types of traffic accidents, including accidents involving motorcycles.
Three types of driver distraction can result in traffic accidents.
- Cognitive distractions, which cause the driver to think about other things besides driving safely. Examples of mental distractions include listening to music, daydreaming, thinking about work, or arguing on the phone or with a passenger.
- Manual distractions, which cause the driver to take one or both hands from the wheel while driving. Common types of manual driving distractions include eating, drinking, smoking, or adjusting vehicle or radio controls.
- Visual distractions, which cause the driver to look at something other than the roadway. Types of visual distractions include looking at something on the roadside, children or pets in the back seat, or people or other vehicles.
Texting and driving caused a rapid increase in traffic accidents across the country in recent years. It is of particular concern to lawmakers and traffic experts because it involves all three types of driving distractions at once. In the time it takes a car or truck driver to read or reply to a text, a motorcyclist can enter a travel lane or a vehicle's blind spot without the driver noticing, increasing the risk of a subsequent accident.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we fight to hold distracted drivers accountable when they cause a motorcycle accident that injures our client.
Speeding cars and trucks pose numerous accident dangers for motorcyclists in Pompano Beach because:
- A speeding driver has less time to see and react to a motorcycle in the vehicle's path;
- A speeding car needs a longer distance to come to a safe stop;
- Motorcyclists and other motorists struggle to react to speeding vehicles and to make safe driving decisions in time to avoid danger from them;
- Speed increases the force of a collision with a motorcycle, increasing the likelihood of a motorcyclist suffering severe injuries.
Our team at Dolman Law Group knows the telltale signs of a motorcycle accident caused by speeding. We work to prove the role speed played in a crash and to hold the speeder responsible for our clients' injuries.
Drug and Alcohol Impairment
Drivers who take the wheel of a car or truck while impaired lose the ability to operate safely because they struggle to:
- Track moving targets and detect traffic signal changes.
- Maintain speed and lane position.
- Concentrate on multiple tasks simultaneously, as required to operate a vehicle.
- Make good driving decisions.
Impaired driving is illegal and extremely dangerous. The Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA team works diligently to ensure impaired drivers pay for the harm their conduct inflicts on motorcyclists.
Loose Gravel and Other Work Zone Hazards
Pompano Beach is either preparing for or actively undergoing road-related capital improvement projects at any given time. Work zones are frequent areas for traffic accidents, and around 10 percent of all fatal work zone crashes involve a motorcycle.
Loose gravel on a road surface can cause a motorcycle to lose traction.
Other work zone hazards for motorcyclists in Pompano Beach can include:
- Damage to the roadway, such as potholes.
- Water, oil, or other liquid on a road surface that can cause a bike to lose traction.
- Unfamiliar traffic patterns, which can confuse riders and other motorists.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we know how to hold government entities and private contractors to account when their construction projects create unreasonably dangerous conditions for motorcyclists that trigger a crash.
Open Vehicle Doors (a.k.a. Doorings)
Doorings occur when the occupant of a parallel-parked vehicle opens a door into the path of an approaching motorcycle. The motorcyclist has no time to react and either collides with the door or takes emergency action, leading to a loss of control or a collision with another vehicle.
Drivers and passengers can prevent most doorings by reaching for a door handle with their inside arm, which forces their body to turn enough to spot a motorcycle approaching from behind. This technique, known as the Dutch reach, could save numerous Pompano Beach motorcyclists from severe injury.
The team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, takes doorings seriously and fights to make sure vehicle occupants bear full responsibility for their failure to take simple steps to keep motorcyclists safe.
Aggressive driving refers to a wide range of reckless traffic infractions that can lead to a motorcycle crash in Pompano Beach, such as:
- Improper lane changes around motorcycles, including failing to check blind spots, neglecting to use a turn signal, weaving in and out of traffic, and passing other vehicles on the sidewalk or road shoulder.
- Attempting to prevent a motorcycle from changing lanes.
- Following a motorcycle too closely (tailgating).
- Running red lights or stop signs.
- Harassing or intimidating motorcyclists.
Motorcyclists in Pompano Beach have the same right to use the roads as anyone else. There is no excuse for driving aggressively around motorcycles. The team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, works tirelessly to hold drivers accountable when those sorts of dangerous actions cause a motorcycle wreck.
Pompano Beach Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Pompano Beach motorcyclists are far more likely than the occupants of cars and trucks to die or suffer injuries in traffic accidents because motorcycles have none of the safety features of those larger vehicles. The collision often throws a rider onto the road, under a vehicle, or against a roadside object.
Bikers commonly suffer severe and catastrophic injuries as a result, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries resulting in long-term loss of consciousness or severe physical, motor, and cognitive impairments.
- Spinal cord injuries that cause permanent paralysis.
- Crushed limbs and traumatic amputations that inflict permanent disabilities.
- Facial injuries that lead to disfigurement and loss of vision.
- Thoracic (chest) injuries, including punctured lungs, broken ribs, and vascular injuries
- Abdominal injuries such as lacerated organs and internal bleeding
- Road rash that causes infection, nerve damage, blood loss, and scarring,
- Severe burns from a ruptured gas tank and exposed engine components
- Broken bones, especially in the lower extremities.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have years of experience representing clients who suffered a wide range of injuries in motorcycle accidents. We have the base of knowledge necessary to understand your trauma and obtain the compensation you need to pay for your care and healing.
We Handle the Entire Process of Seeking Compensation for a Pompano Beach Motorcycle Accident
You might receive significant financial compensation if you suffered injuries in a Pompano Beach motorcycle accident. The team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, wants to help you explore your options.
We handle all aspects of the process of securing money damages for the motorcycle accident injuries our clients have suffered. That process usually begins with investigating how the accident happened and who was at fault by evaluating the nature and extent of our client's damages.
Once we have a firm grasp of those issues, we often send a demand to the at-fault party, or that party's liability insurance carrier, demanding payment on our client's behalf. We might also prepare and file a lawsuit against the at-fault party in Broward County or federal court.
The at-fault party and/or their insurance provider can respond by agreeing to, contesting, or seeking to negotiate our client's claim. It may take multiple positions on different aspects of the case. No matter how the at-fault party responds, in most cases, the parties eventually end up in negotiations over a potential settlement.
A settlement is an agreement to resolve a Pompano Beach motorcycle accident injury claim. In the typical settlement, the injured biker receives money from the at-fault party or its insurer and, in exchange, releases the paying party from further liability and terminates any pending lawsuit. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we negotiate settlements aggressively to secure as much money as possible for our clients.
Most motorcycle accident injury cases we handle settle out of court. But not all of them. Sometimes the at-fault party and its insurer refuse to make a reasonable offer. In those cases, we may instead take our client's case to trial in court.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, is a team of award-winning trial attorneys. We never shrink from a courtroom battle. If getting our clients the money they need for their motorcycle accident injuries means going to trial and presenting their case to a judge and jury, we're always up to the task, and we have a track record of case results to prove it.
Contact an Experienced Pompano Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a Pompano Beach motorcycle accident, you may recover significant financial compensation from the party or parties at fault. But to get the most money possible, you will need the help of a skilled, experienced team of motorcycle accident lawyers and legal professionals.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA represents motorcycle accident victims like you, and we get results. Contact us today at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) for a free consultation about your Pompano Beach motorcycle accident case.
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!"
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!