Mass transit benefits communities across the country. The American Public Transportation Association reports that Americans took 9.9 billion public transportation trips in a single calendar year. As a nation, we benefit from reduced traffic congestion, increased fuel efficiency, accessible mobility, and a revenue stream for local communities, not to mention a safer way to travel than a car.
It seems like a win-win until bus accidents happen. When they do, they grab our attention.
The Bonita Springs bus accident attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, are ready to represent those injured in a bus-related accident. Whether injured getting on or off the vehicle, struck by a bus as a pedestrian, injured while riding on a bus, or filing compensation claims for personal injuries sustained by passengers, pedestrians, and motorists, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
- How Our Bonita Springs Bus Accident Lawyers Can Help You
- Possible Compensation After a Bonita Springs Bus Accident
- Buses in Bonita Springs
- Bus Accidents Pose Unique Risks
- The Dos and Donâts Following a Bonita Springs Bus Accident
- Possible Causes of a Bonita Springs Bus Accident
- Who Can I Hold Liable for a Bonita Springs Bus Accident?
- Our Clients Want to Know, âWhat Is My Bus Accident Case Worth?â
- Injuries Commonly Sustained in a Bonita Springs Bus Accident
- Bus Accidents by the Numbers
- Why Hire a Bonita Springs Bus Accident Attorney From Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
How Our Bonita Springs Bus Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Choosing the right Bonita Springs personal injury lawyer following a bus accident can significantly affect a family’s compensation. Taking on the insurance company should not be a do-it-yourself venture. Building a solid case takes a tremendous amount of research and evidence.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA have the the dedication, determination, and necessary resources to:
- Identify, locate, and interview witnesses.
- Request and review all accident scene photos (including those taken by bus passengers or bystanders)and surveillance camera footage.
- Ensure the preservation of any valuable evidence.
- Obtain and review the police report, first responders’ report, and ambulance records.
- Request current and past medical records.
- Analyze the bus’s maintenance records and inspection reports.
- Review the bus’s black box and logbook.
- Obtain the driver’s employment records.
Get the financial recovery you deserve by hiring our lawyers.
- Recognized trial experience.
- A relationship with expert witnesses.
- A reputation for aggressively dealing with large and powerful insurance companies.
Filing for compensation from a government agency or commercial bus company is a complex process. It is best for accident victims to consult a qualified bus accident lawyer.
Contact an experienced personal injury attorney at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, to discuss your accident and injuries. We can help accident victims recover financially from another’s negligence. We are just five minutes from the city center. Call us today at our Bonita Springs office or any of our many locations throughout the state.
Possible Compensation After a Bonita Springs Bus Accident
The lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, have years of experience helping victims of a bus accident secure the compensation and justice they deserve for injuries they receive because of another’s wrongdoing.
Dealing with the trauma and mounting financial burdens of a violent accident is not something our clients have to go through alone. Our seasoned and experienced attorneys form an essential support system for these individuals in need.
The results that we most often win compensation for include:
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Wrongful death damages
Wrongful Death Damages
Wrongful death damages help qualified family members recover financially for:
- Loss of consortium and companionship
- Lost parental support
- Lost family income
- End-of-life care expenses
- Funeral and burial or cremation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Buses in Bonita Springs
Five major roadways intersect Lee County ( I-75, U.S. 41, SR 31, SR 80, and SR 82). On any given day, motorists will likely see any number of government-owned or commercial and private buses traveling on our highways and residential areas.
In addition to school buses and LeeTran’s community public transportation buses, we can find:
- Greyhound buses
- Hotel and airport shuttles
- Nursing home buses
- Tour buses
- Church buses
- Casino charter buses
- Party buses
- Paratransit service buses for senior citizens and people with disabilities
Bus Accidents Pose Unique Risks
Bus accidents pose unique risks to both passengers and pedestrians. With buses weighing between 25,000 and 40,000 pounds, bus accidents frequently result in catastrophic injuries, permanent disability, and fatalities.
What makes buses so dangerous? As a rule, buses lack safety features such as seat belts and airbags, increasing the risk of personal injury in the event of a collision or crash.
- Passengers in a bus may stand or move around.
- Top-heavy buses have a higher risk of rollovers compared with passenger cars.
- Open space in a bus allows passengers and luggage to become airborne.
- Often, buses have roofs that will collapse in a rollover.
- Bus windows and doors can pop open in accidents, ejecting passengers from the vehicle.
Children must contend with recognized danger zones, especially in school bus accidents—the loading and unloading areas (10 feet in front of the bus, 10 feet behind it, and 10 feet to either side of it) where a child may enter the bus driver’s blind spot.
The skilled legal team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, have extensive experience representing clients who have sustained injuries because of the negligence of others, including those who have suffered injuries in pedestrian accidents. The firm’s dedication to client advocacy, case preparation, and seeking justice has led to the recovery of millions in damages from settlements and verdicts.
The Dos and Don’ts Following a Bonita Springs Bus Accident
After the fact, victims can’t do anything to change the particulars of the bus accident, but there are things a crash victim can do to help the case move forward toward success.
- Document your injuries and the recovery process—a personal journal can be helpful—and keep receipts for any out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident. Record precisely how your injuries limit your daily activities and impact your finances.
- Keep all medical appointments, and maintain a list of out-of-pocket related expenses such as medication and travel expenses to and from appointments.
- Do not make any statements to insurance companies about the incident, and refrain from posting any accident-related details on social media.
Make the bus accident lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, your valuable resource when navigating the legal system after an accident.
Possible Causes of a Bonita Springs Bus Accident
Bus accidents are, for the most part, preventable. Generally speaking, the leading cause of a bus accident is negligence. Those persons injured because of another person’s negligence are legally entitled to seek financial compensation. A bus accident investigation is complex. It is never too early to seek legal counsel to establish the reason for the accident and identify potential sources of compensation.
Driving is a tactile, visual, and cognitive process. Anything taking a motorist’s hands off the wheel, diverting the eyes from the roadways, or mentally thinking about something else, such as daydreaming, can cause an injury or death.
Distracted driving is a significant concern for all motor vehicle travelers. A bus driver may be easily distracted by the noise and commotion on the bus, unruly passengers, and roadway distractions. It is also possible that the driver of a passenger vehicle is not paying full attention while behind the wheel and causes an accident that a nearby bus cannot avoid.
Some common distractions for drivers include:
- Changing the radio station
- Using the vehicle’s GPS
- Personal grooming
- Eating or drinking
- Reaching for a dropped item
- Conversing with other passengers
A lack of timely bus maintenance and inspection can result in faulty brakes, worn-out tires, and equipment failure, resulting in a collision.
Additional possible causes of bus accidents can include:
- Driver fatigue
- Bus driver error
- Lack of proper or sufficient training
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Negligence of or ignoring traffic laws
- Being unfamiliar with the area
- Poor weather or road conditions
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Following too closely
- Exceeding maximum driving, or “on-duty,” hours
- Failing to maintain records and log books properly
- Failing to conduct pre-and post-trip inspections
- Irresponsible loading and unloading of passengers
Who Can I Hold Liable for a Bonita Springs Bus Accident?
No two bus accidents are the same.
Depending on the type of bus and the particular circumstances of the incident, liable parties may include:
- The bus driver
- The bus company
- A municipal entity
- The bus manufacturer
- Those persons responsible for the vehicle’s maintenance
- A bus passenger
- Another driver
Our Clients Want to Know, “What Is My Bus Accident Case Worth?”
Every accident is different.
The amount of possible financial compensation can depend on:
- The extent of the victim’s injury
- The expected length of recovery
- The cost of medical treatment
- The projected cost of future healthcare
- The need for rehabilitation or in-home assistance
- Lost wages during recovery
- The ability of the accident victim to return to their chosen profession
- How the injury impacts the victim’s quality of life
- The ability to prove negligence
- The potential sources of compensation
When you have a lawyer from Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, you have an advocate who will:
- Deal with and handle communications with the defendant’s insurance company, the bus company, and insurance carriers.
- Investigate the cause of the accident and who should be held liable in court.
- Determine the full and fair value of your claim.
- Calculate current and future medical bills and lost earnings.
- Place a monetary value on emotional distress and trauma.
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company.
- Take your case to court if necessary.
Injuries Commonly Sustained in a Bonita Springs Bus Accident
The force of impact in a bus accident often results in catastrophic harm to accident victims, such as traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injuries. Amputations, internal organ damage, severe burns, crush injuries, and nerve damage are also possible.
Additional injuries may include:
- Ruptured discs
- Torn ligaments and tendons
- Scarring and disfigurement
Unfortunately, bus accidents sometimes result in death.
Bus Accidents by the Numbers
Some interesting bus accident statistics:
- Bus travel is safer than car travel but not as safe as rail or air travel.
- More than 218,000 people work as school bus drivers in the United States.
- A “bus” is any motor vehicle designed to carry at least nine persons, including the driver.
- In a recent year, there were 258 crash fatalities in buses (35.7 percent school buses, 32.2 percent transit buses, 13.6 percent vans, 7.0 percent intercity buses, and 12 percent unknown. Only 14 percent of the fatalities were aboard the bus.)
- Twenty-five million schoolchildren ride more than 480,000 school buses each day.
- Half of the pedestrian fatalities in school bus-related crashes are children between 5 and 7 years old.
- Greyhound has a fleet of 1,700 buses.
- There are 7,512 scheduled and charter bus services in the United States.
Florida ranks forth in the number of registered buses (behind California, New York, and Texas), and few communities here lack mass transit.
LeeTran serves the city of Bonita Springs. It provides more than 3 million rides annually to residents and visitors in addition to a Park and Ride trolley service. Recently this area has reaped the benefits of an affordable Uber-style on-demand bus service providing curb-to-curb transportation.
Why Hire a Bonita Springs Bus Accident Attorney From Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
The skilled legal team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, have extensive experience representing clients who have sustained injuries because of the negligence of others, including those who are dealing with harm caused by a bus accident.
Whether our client was a passenger on the bus, a pedestrian or cyclist hit by a bus, or a rider in a car or truck involved in a bus-related accident, we pride ourselves in thorough case preparation and follow-through.
Our legal team’s dedication and drive have led to the recovery of millions in damages in settlements and verdicts. Our clients can count on a personalized experience. Together, we pursue justice from the responsible party. We have significant resources for each case, but we treat each client the way we would our family members.
Every client receives the telephone number of their assigned attorney, as well as the number of our founder, Matt Dolman. Every concern is significant, and we address every question.
We deal with a bus accident case’s legal and administrative issues, so our clients can focus on healing and moving forward. If you or a loved one suffers injuries from a bus accident, we don’t want you to face your financial future with uncertainty.
Contact us at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today at (239) 307-2634 for your free case evaluation with one of our skilled Bonita Springs bus accident attorneys. Our lawyers want to protect your rights, and we will fight for the full compensation you deserve.