Roof Damages Attorneys
If you feel like you are getting the short end of the stick in your roof insurance claim or if your insurer denies your roof damage claims, you could use the help of a roof damage lawyer to fight on your behalf.
Unexpected damages and necessary repairs for your home or business are a common source of anxiety and frustration. Home repairs are expensive and time-consuming, and finding the right person to do the job can be challenging.
While damages to appliances and internal elements to a property are annoying, nothing is as problematic and stressful as when the damage is to a vital component to the exterior structure of your home, such as the roof.
Roof damage can cause widespread problems within the home and leave you contacting companies desperately for emergency repairs to prevent further damage and protect your home’s interior from the elements.
The stress of dealing with the aftermath of roof damage is unfortunately not limited to protecting your property and repairs. However, the most challenging aspect of most roof damage cases is fighting the insurance company for fair compensation under your insurance policy.
Table of Contents
- What To Do If Your Property Sustains Roof Damage
- Most Common Causes of Property Roof Damage
- The Costs to Repair or Replace a Damaged Roof
- Why Might Insurance Companies Deny a Roof Damage Claim?
- How Can the Delay in Roof Repairs Affect You in the Long-Term?
- How Can You Fight Back the Insurance Companies for a Roof Damage Claim?
- What Should You Do if Your Property’s Roof Sustains Damages?
- Contact a Roof Damage Lawyer Today
If Your Property Sustains Roof Damage, Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
Going up against property insurance companies is no easy feat. If a roof damage insurance claim were easy and stress-free, you would not be here, and there would be no need for roof damage attorneys in the first place. The reality is that without a lawyer representing you in a roof damage insurance claim, you are at the mercy of the insurer. They can drag out your claim, deny your claim for repairs or delay the reimbursement of temporary repairs.
Repairing a roof is not a minor thing it is a critical component of your home and an expensive one. Roof damage claims can run upwards of tens of thousands of dollars when a replacement is necessary, and it is not worth the gamble to try to handle the case on your own.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we know insurance company tactics and how they will try to deny your claim or pay you as little as they can. We want to help you fight back. You pay your insurance premiums to protect your financial security after property damages.
Do not let the insurance companies take advantage of you and deny you the money that is likely rightfully yours for your damages claim. We will fight for every penny of your damages so that you can move on and repair your property without losing out on the compensation you may be legally eligible for under your insurance policy.
Most Common Causes of Property Roof Damage
The cause of your roof damage and the need for repairs and replacement is an important part of your insurance claim because it can affect whether or not they will accept to make a payment on the claim and for how much.
While insurance policies commonly cover unexpected damages due to a fire or weather-related events, other causes may not qualify and leave a property owner scrambling for solutions. Furthermore, insurance companies will not only try to argue that the real cause of your roof damage is not a qualifying event. They will also try to reduce the area of damage to as little as possible to reduce the payout they must make.
For example, in many states, building codes and regulations may regulate at what threshold an insurer must pay to replace a roof after a damaging event. When a claim nears that threshold, and there is a risk the insurance company may need to pay for the complete replacement of the roof rather than just repairs, they will try to find anything to reduce their percentage of liability.
If they can do anything to keep from paying for the full replacement of your property’s roof after damage, they will attempt it and, in many cases, can get away with it when a property owner does not have legal representation.
Situations most common to give rise to a roof damage claim include:
- Wind events such as hurricanes, tornados, and strong storms
- Lightning damage
- Property fire
- Falling trees
The Costs to Repair or Replace a Damaged Roof
Estimates for roof damage claims can vary greatly depending on the extent of damage and the repairs needed. Minor repairs can cost somewhere in the range of hundreds of dollars, while major repairs can be in the thousands. If the damage to your roof covers a large area and is extensive, the roof may need replacement.
Roof replacement is costly—over ten thousand dollars for an average-size home, and can quickly escalate for bigger properties and unique roof materials and configurations. Removal of the damaged roof, materials, the size of the roof, labor, and location can influence the final price to replace a roof after damage completely.
Insurance companies do not want to pay out the maximum eligible losses on a roof damage claim. Instead, they want to save money wherever and however they can, even if it means leaving you with the brunt of the expenses or unable to complete the repairs necessary.
Why Might Insurance Companies Deny a Roof Damage Claim?
When you diligently pay your property insurance premiums, you assume you are doing your part to ensure that when you need your coverage to kick in, it will, and getting the money you need will be easy. Unfortunately, that is not how property insurers or any insurance companies, for that matter, work. They make money and increase their bottom line by scrutinizing every claim and denying faulty or erroneous claims when possible.
Insurance companies will inspect your roof and damage to determine whether they deem the claim valid. The grounds for a roof damage claim denial can differ from one individual case to another. However, there are certainly go-to reasons that an insurer will refer to when they deny a seemingly valid roof damage claim.
Common claim denial reasons for a roof damage claim include:
- Lack of Maintenance – Roofs require routine maintenance to stay in good shape and prevent the deterioration of materials used. Insurers may try to pin the blame on insufficient maintenance when roof damage occurs.
- Pre-existing Damage – If, during an inspection, the insurance company notes that prior damage appears to have existed, they can try to deny your claim even when the new damage is not close to that damage or covers a much more expansive area.
- Regular Wear and Tear – Roofs suffer wear and tear over time, just like any other material. Roofs will not last forever, and they must often get redone on average every 10 to 20 years. An insurance company may try to blame wear and tear for damage, particularly in cases where the roof is nearing the end of its average lifespan.
- Insufficient Damage – One of the most contentious points in a roof damage claim can be the extent of the damage. When the damage surpasses a certain amount, it is necessary to replace the entire roof rather than just a repair. Insurance companies, however, want to avoid having t pay for a roof replacement at all costs and will try to diminish the damage to cover only very specific repairs.
- Failure to Mitigate Damages – Once roof damage occurs, you must take measures to preserve the rest of your home and prevent further damage by contracting or making the necessary emergency temporary repairs. Insurance companies will try to pin the blame on the time it takes for necessary repairs or the extent of the temporary repairs as the cause of more damage to reduce their liability and the damages they will pay for a claim.
- Defective Installation or Materials – When an insurance company inspects your roof, they are not just looking for the damage but looking for anything that can give them a pass to not cover your property losses. Insurers may deny a claim for defects in the installation of your roof or the materials used.
How Can the Delay in Roof Repairs Affect You in the Long-Term?
Roof damage is not a minor event; it can threaten the integrity of your home or business, the safety of those inside, and any property within the structure. Roof repairs are costly, and not everyone has the ability or resources to make such expensive repairs without compensation under their insurance policy.
Insurers are in no rush to pay out your roof damages claim. They can and will drag out the claims process to avoid paying more money than they feel they should. These delays are not just frustrating but can be a serious threat to your property and your finances.
Property Damage Roof Damage Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Risk to Your Property
The roof is the all-encompassing protection of a home or business property from the outside elements. When there is damage to the roof, wind and water can seep into your home, causing further damage to the roof itself and the structures and property below it. While temporary repairs can mitigate the continuing damage to your property, until you fully repair or replace the roof, your property is still at risk of developing mold, further water damage, and other problems.
For a free legal consultation with a roof damage lawyer serving Property Damage, call 833-552-7274
Risk to Your Finances
Insurance serves the purpose of protecting your investment and preventing you from coming out of pocket for expensive repairs in the event of a sudden catastrophic weather incident or other property accident. Delayed repairs to a roof can cause burdensome expenses and costs that you may not be able to meet the demands of.
How Can You Fight Back the Insurance Companies for a Roof Damage Claim?
It is not easy to fight back against insurance companies, especially after a claim denial for your roof damages, but it is not impossible. You need a lawyer with experience in managing and advocating for their clients with these claims.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we are ready to take on the fight against the insurer and have no hesitations about going to court if we have to. While other insurance claim attorneys only want to focus on settling your claim, we want to help you fight for the compensation you are eligible for through your policy, even if it means filing a lawsuit against the insurance company.
What Should You Do if Your Property’s Roof Sustains Damages?
Suppose your property, such as a home, rental, or business, sustains damage to its roof in a weather-related or fire event. In that case, you need to take action as soon as possible to increase the likelihood of a successful damage claim outcome. Preserving your property is your priority, as is collecting evidence of the damage for the insurance company.
These steps can help you through a roof damage claim and protect your right to seek compensation under your insurance policy.
- Call a roofing company for inspection and emergency repairs
- Photograph or videotape the damage to the roof and interior of your home, if any
- Call a roof damage attorney near you
Call a Roof Damage Lawyers to Help You Fight For Your Roof Damage Repairs
If you want the best chance at getting the payout under your policy for your roof damage claim, contact a roof damage lawyer to discuss your claim and case. If the insurance company gives you the run-around, delays a decision, or denies your claim, you can still fight back.
Contact our team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, at 833-552-7274 to discuss your case and your options to fight for the money available under your insurance policy. We want to help you get the money you deserve to repair or replace your roof and protect your property.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA – Clearwater Office
800 North Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33756
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!