What You Must Keep In Mind When Seeking The Best Lyft Accident Attorney For Your Claim?
- All law firms are not the same – It is essential the attorney or law firm maintains an active litigation practice. If the lawyer or firm is not consistently filing lawsuits to keep insurance carriers accountable, you may be represented by counsel that will not maximize the damages in your Lyft accident case. Our goal is to maximize your damages. Insurance carriers are unfair by design. The only way to truly hold them accountable is to aggressively advocate on your behalf. Insurance carriers keep detailed records on all law firms and they often communicate with one another. They are well aware of the firms willing to go the distance and fight to maximize the compensation for each client. The law firm you select can greatly impact the settlement value of your claim.
- We assist our clients with obtaining medical treatment and working to ensure the cumulative medical bills fall within the confines of any resolution. Clients cannot be left holding the bag on medical bills after the case is resolved.
- We built Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA Accident & Injury Lawyers, P.A., and Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA., via word of mouth referrals from very satisfied former clients. This is accomplished by providing personal attention to our clients and ensuring we get to know their personal story. It is difficult if not impossible to maximize the value of a case without knowing the extent of how an injury has impacted our client’s life. What are their permanent restrictions? How has it impeded their quality of life? At many of the mass advertising personal injury law firms, the volume takes priority over quality. A common complaint from clients who previously terminated their relationship with a firm they found on television, is they never met nor spoke with their lawyer.
- We have the financial resources and experience to battle any insurance carrier. In fact, our track record speaks for itself. Having successfully litigated against corporate giants such as Walmart, Target, Hyatt, Uber, Outback, Winn Dixie, Publix, Costco, and insurance goliaths like State Farm, Allstate, Geico, Progressive and a host of others, we are more than capable of advocating against any defendant
Why Hire a Lyft Crash Attorney?
At the Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, and our sister firm, Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA., we represent a variety of clients who have experienced severe injuries from car accidents. We can help clients work through the legal process, beginning with a free consultation. Please get in touch with our Lyft car accident attorneys today at (727) 451-6900 if you were in a Lyft accident.
While past examples are not a guarantee of results, the Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyers at Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA have successfully handled numerous complex cases involving severe injuries and complicated questions of liability. Many of our clients have experienced catastrophic injuries, and we understand how complicated claims can become with the added component of ride-share vehicles.
Rideshare Accident Injuries
While many victims of rideshare accidents walk away with only minor injuries, not everyone is so lucky. Additionally, some injuries seem minor at first, but can quickly result in severe complications if undiscovered. If you experience any of these common car accident injuries, you should speak to an attorney as soon as possible:
- Spinal cord injuries – Back injuries may lead to nerve damage, which can impact the control you have over your body. In some cases, these injuries lead to permanent paralysis.
- Traumatic brain injuries – Traumatic brain injuries are common in car accidents and can range from mild concussions to permanent cognitive impairment. You may require long-term medical care to treat these injuries.
- Internal Injuries – The physical inflicted by a car accident can damage the internal organs of a Lyft’s occupants. Internal injuries can be particularly serious since the damage can affect essential organ function and put a person’s life in danger. Depending on the type of accident, internal injuries can affect almost any organ and lead to permanent damage.
- Mental/psychological Injuries – Many of those that have been harmed in Lyft accidents can suffer from mental trauma that can lead to psychological disorders. The violence of a severe Lyft accident can lead to someone developing disorders like depression, anxiety, or Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These injuries may not have the same tangibility as physical wounds but they can still be debilitating and deserve compensation.
- Whiplash – Whiplash is common in rear-end accidents. The injury commonly results in swelling, but serious whiplash can lead to vocal cord paralysis and long-lasting neck pain.
- Broken bones – Broken bones and fractures commonly occur in accidents, and healing can be a lengthy process that hinders your ability to work. Some broken bones even require surgery.
Finding Fault in Lyft Rideshare Accidents
Ridesharing apps like Lyft are still very new industries, and legal precedent does not yet exist for many cases. To battle this complexity, your personal injury attorney will need to work diligently to ensure negligent actors are held accountable.
Whether or not ridesharing services are held accountable for accidents depends on the case. Drivers who work for these companies are considered independent contractors, not employees. For this reason, Lyft may deny responsibility for any accidents involving their drivers.
In most cases, drivers for these services are unlikely to have the means to compensate the victim of a serious accident; additionally, many insurers may refuse to honor a claim depending on the terms of the driver’s policy. Large enterprises like Lyft also retain highly experienced legal teams to shield the organization from liability; it is important to retain a Lyft attorney to maximize the strength of your case.
The Liability For Lyft Drivers
Drivers for ridesharing services are required to hold an auto insurance policy, though they are not required to have commercial insurance. If you are the driver of a rideshare and caused an accident, you may be on the hook to cover some expenses. If you are concerned about your risk of liability as a driver for Lyft, it’s important to speak with a rideshare attorney; a skilled attorney can help you understand how to properly mitigate your risk of liability, and how to obtain the proper coverage to ensure you are protected in the event of an accident.
If the driver of another car caused the accident, your personal injury case might be comparable to other car accident cases. Both drivers and passengers alike are protected under the law and may be entitled to compensation for injuries and damage caused by the negligence of another driver.
Recovering Damages from Rideshare Accidents
You may recover a variety of damages from Lyft rideshare accidents. Even if your injuries are not permanent, you have the right to seek compensation for your expenses in court and a rideshare lawyer can help with that. Common damages include:
- Lost wages – Your injuries from a rideshare accident may result in time away from work for medical appointments and recovery. Some injuries may even prevent you from returning to work at all. When lost wages add up, you may find yourself in dire financial straits; in many cases, both past and future losses of income may be awarded.
- Lost Earning Capacity – Car accidents can cause injuries severe enough that they can inflict permanent damage that can affect a person’s ability to work. As a result, many people involved in Lyft accidents will have to deal with issues when it comes to their careers. Either they may have to work in another position, they may be let go from their work, or they may be unable to work in the career they used to altogether.
- Pain and suffering – You may be eligible to receive compensation for non-economic damages, including pain and suffering. If you are contending with permanent disability, disfigurement, or loss of enjoyment of life, you may receive compensation.
- Medical bills – With the rising costs of medical care, paying for even minor injuries can quickly become overwhelming. Individuals with health insurance still find themselves paying for emergency room care, hospitalization, medications, surgeries, and other treatment. Compensation for injuries may also include therapeutic treatment, rehabilitation, and ongoing expenses resulting from disability.
Why You Should Hire a Personal Injury Attorney for Rideshare Accidents
Rideshare services like Lyft are often able to dodge responsibility for rideshare accidents. While Lyft may hold $1 million in liability coverage, it is still common for rideshare enterprises to avoid liability for your injuries. Drivers should know that company coverage includes liability, but it does not necessarily pay for damage to your vehicle or your medical expenses if you are deemed at fault for the accident.
If you are a passenger in a Lyft, you may experience difficulty getting in touch with the company to report a loss. Other drivers and their insurance companies are also often able to shirk responsibility for automobile accidents. They may shift blame to other drivers, or even to you. Hiring an attorney can make sure that doesn’t happen.
Working with a Lyft Accident Attorney for Injuries
More than 20 million people are injured in car accidents each year. To prevent negligent actors from getting out of paying their fair share, it’s vital to consult with an attorney right away. The laws regarding rideshares are continually shifting with new regulations and technology; a skilled personal injury attorney can ensure victims aren’t proceeding without the proper protection.
Contact a Lyft Lawyer Today
As the victim of a rideshare accident, you might be wondering if you can afford to hire a personal injury attorney to handle your case. Victims of negligence should never forego justice due to the inability to pay; this is why consultations with our team of experienced professionals are always free. Cases are managed on a contingency basis, meaning you pay nothing upfront to retain an attorney.
Your medical health should be the first priority following an accident. The next step is securing legal counsel as soon as possible. By hiring a Lyft accident lawyer you are helping your future. If you have been injured in a Lyft rideshare accident, get in touch with our attorneys to learn how we can assist you with your case. Call (727) 451-6900 or fill out a contact form online for a free consultation.
800 N Belcher Rd
Clearwater, FL 33765