While dealing with the aftermath of a car wreck is never easy, receiving compensation for your harms and losses can ease the stress and financial burden of a serious injury. However, many car accident victims might be unsure of their rights or the necessary steps to take to seek compensation. Sibley Dolman Gipe is a law firm comprised of experienced car accident lawyers with the necessary financial resources to take on any corporate defendant including the largest insurance carriers.
We offer free consultations and can advise you of your legal options for compensation. Call our office or contact us online to learn more about our services.
Car Accidents in Boca & Florida
You can go years without being involved in a crash but it is important to be aware that a crash can happen at any time. Accidents are more common than most people realize and the following are some statistics from 2016 from the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FHSMV) department:
- 668,699 drivers were involved in 395,785 reported accidents
- On average, 1,081 crashes happened each day
- Accidents caused 254,155 injuries
- Accidents caused 21,645 incapacitating injuries
- Accidents caused 3,176 fatalities
These statistics are staggering and demonstrate that you are at risk of getting into a crash anytime you drive. While you can never be fully prepared to handle severe injuries, you can remember that you have rights and help is available.
Reported Car Accidents Involving Injuries in Boca Raton
Causes of Boca Raton Car Crashes You Can Sue For
It is important to identify what caused your Boca Raton accident and whether another party may be held liable – especially in cases involving serious injuries. Someone can be liable if their negligence led to the crash, which means that they breached their duty to drive safely in some way. There are many different acts of negligence that may be involved in car accident cases, including the following:
- Distracted driving – In recent years, Florida has ranked as the second-worst state for distracted drivers and has some of the least stringent texting and driving laws in the entire U.S. Distracted drivers are a real threat on Florida roads and Boca Raton is no different. Distracted drivers can operate their cars erratically or may not notice traffic or obstacles until it is too late to avoid a serious crash.
- Impaired driving – Even though every driver should fully recognize the risks and potential consequences of drugged or drunk driving, people continually make the dangerous decision to drive while they are impaired. While law enforcement officers are on the lookout for drunk drivers, it is impossible to catch every driver and often, a driver will cause a serious crash before they are arrested.
- Aggressive driving – It’s all too easy to become frustrated or impatient with other drivers, especially if you are in a rush. Aggressive drivers can be erratic, can violate numerous traffic laws, and may even try to threaten or injure other drivers on purpose.
- Violating traffic laws – Some common dangerous violations of the law include speeding, following too closely, failing to obey signs and signals, and failure to yield, among many others. Like drunk driving, a traffic citation or arrest is not enough to ensure that accident victims are properly compensated for their losses.
The above are only some examples of negligence that cause Boca Raton car accidents. Our attorneys can evaluate what happened and advise you about your options to recover for your losses.
Common Car Accident Injuries You Can Include in Your Claim
Some common car accident injuries you can add to your claim include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: These injuries can be caused either by a direct blow to or violent shaking of the head and typically result in the impairment of a person’s cognitive abilities. Common traumatic brain injuries include concussions, brain contusions, and coup contrecoup injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Damage to the spinal cord can affect the body’s ability to send and receive messages to and from the brain to the rest of the body. Spinal cord injuries can often be permanent and cause incontinence, motor function issues, and issues with sensation in the limbs.
- Broken/Fractured Bones: The immense trauma that can come with a car accident can easily lead to a driver/passenger’s bones being broken or fractured. Broken hips, vertebrae, and pelvises can often be very serious with legs and arms being broken being less severe but knocking people out of commission for long periods of time.
- Whiplash: When someone is struck by a car, their head may jerk violently due to the inertia of their body moving while another force acts on the vehicle. These immense forces acting on a person’s head and neck being jerked violently can cause whiplash, which can end up being serious if untreated.
A Boca Raton Car Accident Attorney Can Help You Collect Damages
Every Boca Raton car accident is different and victims can have extremely varied injuries and losses. Some damages after a crash may include:
- Costs of past and future medical care
- Lost income from missed work
- Lost earnings if a victim is unable to return to work
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injuries
Some injuries may require a course of medical treatment to heal, but an injury victim may be able to return to life as they knew it in a few weeks or months. However, medical treatment is costly and any lost income can negatively affect your household finances. Even if your injuries were not life-changing, you still deserve full financial recovery.
On the other hand, some car accidents can permanently disrupt the lives of victims. When someone suffers a permanent injury that causes impairments or disabilities, almost every aspect of their life can change. The financial losses may be ongoing and devastating, as can the pain and suffering that comes with catastrophic injuries. These cases can be particularly complex, as you must consider the lifelong losses you face.
How PIP Insurance Works
Car accident claims in Boca Raton are no simple matter. First, in many cases, the law requires you to file a claim with your own personal injury protection (PIP) insurance – even if you were not at fault. This no-fault insurance coverage is limited, however, and often does not fully cover car accident losses.
Even if your losses are within the policy limits, receiving full compensation from PIP coverage can be difficult – even though it is your own insurance policy. You should always discuss your situation with an experienced Boca Raton car accident attorney before filing your claim or accepting any settlement offer. If your injuries are serious, it is likely that your PIP policy will not be sufficient to cover your losses.
If this is the case, your lawyer can identify whether you have the right to take additional action by filing a claim against the at-fault driver’s insurance policy. You may need to file a personal injury lawsuit against the driver to receive the settlement offer you deserve. Our Boca Raton car accident lawyers develop legal strategies in each case to best protect your rights to full compensation and we handle every step of the insurance and litigation process.
Why Should You Consider Hiring Our Car Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton?
Sibley Dolman Gipe is a nationally recognized award-winning law firm with a track record of success. The car accident lawyers at Sibley Dolman Gipe have a combined 115+ years of experience handling serious and often catastrophic injury claims. Our law firm has recovered in excess of $175 Million for victims of serious injury and those who have been wronged by insurance carriers.
Matthew Dolman is a lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum which is an exclusive group of lawyers (less than 1% of practicing attorneys) who have obtained a jury verdict or settlement in excess of $2 million. Matthew has also been selected as a Florida Superlawyer and to Florida Legal Elite by his colleagues on multiple occasions. Stanley Gipe is a board-certified civil trial lawyer by the Florida Bar.
Board certification by the Florida Bar designates the particular lawyer as an expert in their discipline. Insurance carriers are well which law firms aggressively litigate their cases as opposed to the high volume firms that often leave money on the table. Our law firm routinely litigates auto accident injury cases in Palm Beach County as well as Courts throughout Florida (on both coasts). Further, we have litigated auto accident injury cases against practically every conceivable insurance company.
Matthew and Stan are just two of the eight experienced accident lawyers at Sibley Dolman Gipe. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, call us today for a free consultation. Do not trust any insurance company (not even your own) after an auto accident. An adjuster is simply looking out for the best interests of their insurance company.
Contact Us for Help Today
Case evaluations are free with no obligation, so please call or contact us online for more information today. Sibley Dolman Gipe serves clients throughout Palm Beach County and more specifically the following cities; Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Lake Worth, Wellington, West Palm Beach, Boynton Beach, Riviera Beach, and Palm Beach. If you have been injured in a car crash, we will come to you!
Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA 301 Yamato Road, Suite 1240 Boca Raton, Florida 33431 Phone: 561-220-4963 Fax: 305-517-1306
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“Chad Robinson always responded immediately whenever I had questions or concerns. He worked hard to make sure I received what I deserved.” Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Michelle Dorn December 19 Read more reviews on Google!