What Kinds of Economic Damages Can I Recover?Through a personal injury claim, you can potentially recover compensation for any expenses associated with your injury. For example:
- Your medical bills;
- Any disability aids you need following the injury, such as a cane or motorized scooter;
- Your lost wages and career opportunities as a result of having to take time off from work;
- Emotional and mental suffering after the accident, such as the cost of psychological counseling sessions or antidepressants.
- Photographs of the accident;
- Documentation of your interaction with doctors and other medical staff, your diagnosis, and your treatment;
- Oral or written testimonies from witnesses who were present at the scene of the accident;
- The official police report, if one exists.
Examples of Neck Injuries
- Cervical dislocation. This happens when one or more bones in the neck are pushed out of their correct positions, causing spinal instability. A cervical dislocation can require surgery to correct.
- Whiplash is the type of injury that occurs when the neck is overextended. Generally, this type of injury happens when the victim is involved in a car or sports accident. Whiplash can create a sprain, a strain, or nerve damage.
- Herniated disc. When the soft disc between two vertebrae moves out of its correct position, it is known as a herniated disc. Herniated discs can cause intense pain or numbness. These can be treated with medication or physical therapy, but sometime require surgery to correct.
- When a bone in the neck is fractures, the victim can suffer from pain, numbness, and further injuries.
Work with a Florida Personal Injury attorney todayWhen you are suffering from a neck injury after an accident, it is important that you work with an experienced personal injury attorney to explore your options for filing and pursuing a personal injury claim. Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today at 727-222-6922 to schedule your initial legal consultation with one of the knowledgeable attorneys at our firm. Be sure to do this in a timely manner because, in Florida, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is four years from the date of the accident. This means that once four years pass, you can no longer file a claim to seek monetary compensation. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA 1663 1st Ave S. St. Petersburg, FL 33712 (727) 472-3909 https://www.dolmanlaw.com/legal-services/back-neck-injury-attorneys/ References:  Spinal Cord Injury  5 Common Causes of Neck Pain  https://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0000-0099/0095/Sections/0095.11.html