You’re probably worried about your family and property if you’ve been affected by hurricanes and storms recently. Fortunately, you can file an insurance claim to help you rebuild your life. However, sometimes, insurance companies are resistant to cover your damages, and they’ll delay, dispute, or even deny your claim.
An Aventura Hurricane damage lawyer with Dolman Law Group can help you file a claim to get deserving compensation for your damages. They can protect your rights by alleviating your legal concern and working on a fair settlement.
Categories of Hurricanes
The hurricane season is a time of increased risk for everyone. According to the National Weather Service (NWS), there are five main categories of hurricanes.
These hurricanes are the least damaging type of hurricane. They have wind gusts from 74 to 95 mph. They generally cause only minor damage to well-constructed houses, especially shingles, the roof, gutters, and vinyl siding.
In this category, hurricanes include storms with wind gusts from 96 to 110 mph. These storms can cause major damage to buildings, especially to the roof and siding. Shallowly rooted trees may snap or uproot and block the roads.
Here, the hurricanes include storms with wind gusts from 111 to 129 mph. These storms can cause severe damage to houses and buildings, causing power outages that last for days or weeks in some areas.
Category 4 hurricanes are the second-most powerful type of storm, with wind gusts from 130 to 156 mph. These hurricanes can destroy houses, isolate residential neighborhoods, and damage communities for years after the initial storm hits. Power outages could last for months.
In this category, storms have wind gusts above 155 mph and are the most lethal. Hurricane Andrew stands as the strongest hurricane to make landfall in southeast Florida, with winds at 165 mph.
Common Damages Caused by Hurricanes
Hurricane winds can exceed 100 mph, leaving behind massive destruction. Flooding from a hurricane or severe storm surge can cause even more damage to your home or business. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reported 20 weather and climate disasters causing billions of dollars in damage in 2021.
Here are some of the most common types of hurricane damage:
- Wind damage
- Rain damage
- Hail damage
- Water or power loss
- Uprooted or toppled trees
- Roof damage
- Foundation damage
- Exterior wall damage
- Garage or porch damage
Aventura Hurricane Damage Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Steps to Take After Sustaining Hurricane Damage
When a hurricane or other natural disaster strikes, it can be difficult to know what to do first. Here is a list of steps to take after homeowners’ and business owners’ properties have sustained catastrophic damage from a hurricane:
- Take pictures or videos of damage to your property.You’ll have to document the damage for your insurance claim. You should take photos or videos before you begin cleaning up or making any repairs, document clean-up and repairs, and keep receipts for anything you spend money on. This documentation may be critical if you need to file an insurance claim.
- Cover up your damaged property.If you haven’t already done so, ensure that your property is covered with a tarp or other materials to protect it from further damage.
- Ensure you know your insurance policy coverage.The details of your insurance policy can be confusing and difficult to understand at first glance. Go over it carefully with an attorney who knows their way around the fine print. There may be benefits and protections that you didn’t even realize you had available to you. It will help you make sure that you’re getting all the compensation that is rightfully yours.
- File your insurance claim on time.Familiarize with the details of your coverage and get any documentation they ask for before filing a claim. You must do this as soon as possible after the hurricane damage. If you wait too long to file your claim, you may run out of options for compensation.
- Relocate if there is a need.If necessary, insist on relocation if you are in further danger because of the hurricane damage. You may need to make this move if there has been substantial structural damage to your home or property, such as roof leaks or flooding.
- Contact a law firm.One of our attorneys who handles hurricane damage claims in Aventura, Florida, can help you with filing a claim and other legal aspects of storm damage.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane damage lawyer serving Aventura, call 833-552-7274
Why Hire an Aventura Hurricane Damage Lawyer with Dolman Law Group?
Hurricane damage cases are different from the usual cases. If you don’t know what to do and think you can handle it yourself, you may want to reconsider.
We will evaluate your case and determine how much compensation you can seek. Your Aventura hurricane damage lawyer will guide you through the claim process and offer these services:
- Determining the losses you incurred
- Looking for alternative policies to cover your losses
- Gathering evidence to build a solid claim
- Calculating your possible payable claim amount
- Negotiating with the insurance adjuster for fair compensation on your behalf
- Answering all questions and keeping you updated on your claim’s progress
- Appealing in case the insurance company denies your claim
Don’t worry about paying us an hourly rate, upfront fees, or retainers, as our attorneys work on contingency. We will only take payment if we obtain a settlement for you. That way, you limit your financial risk, and we can start building your claim right away.
Contact Dolman Law Group for Legal Counsel Following Hurricane Damage
Our team can help you recover damages when your home or business is damaged due to a hurricane. Even if an insurance company has denied your claim’s payment, Dolman Law Group can help. Start working with our Aventura hurricane damage lawyer today. Reach out to us for a free consultation.