Serious injuries can lead to immense changes in your life. Unfortunately, all too often, those changes can mean expensive bills—from the medical bills you need to pay to increase your odds of making a full recovery to the cost of modifying your home or pursuing new training to work in a different industry or at another job.
A personal injury claim against the party that caused those injuries can help you with the funds you may need to rebuild your life.
Do you need a Miami Gardens personal injury lawyer? If so, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) to discuss your right to compensation.
- Why Choose Dolman Law Group for Your Miami Gardens Injury Claim
- Types of Miami Gardens Personal Injury Claims We Handle at Dolman Law Group
- Where and How You Can Suffer Injuries in Miami Gardens
- Miami Gardens Area Accident Statistics
- What Types of Injuries Do People Suffer in Miami Gardens?
- What to Do After Your Miami Gardens Accident
- How Do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Claim in Miami Gardens?
- Schedule A Free Consultation
- How Much Compensation Can I Get for My Miami Gardens Injury Claim?
- How Long Do I Have to File a Miami Gardens Injuries Claim?
- How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
- How Long Does an Accident Claim in Miami Gardens Take to Settle?
- What If I'm Partially Responsible for My Injuries--Can I Still Recover Compensation?
- What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process in Miami Gardens?
- Contact a Miami Gardens Personal Injury Lawyer Now to Discuss Your Claim
- Client Testimonials
Why Choose Dolman Law Group for Your Miami Gardens Injury Claim
Did you suffer injuries in an accident in Miami Gardens due to the negligence of another party? At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have a deep, personal understanding of the challenges that can accompany those devastating injuries. We aim to help our clients recover the compensation they deserve as they navigate complicated insurance claims.
We have helped many clients obtain the results they deserve.
Look at some of our past claims and how we have aided our clients.
- $5 million awarded to a burn victim after a car accident
- $3.85 million awarded to a semi-truck accident victim with a brain injury
- $3.2 million awarded to a semi-truck accident victim with a brain injury
- $1.75 million awarded to a patient who required shoulder surgery and suffered a minor TBI
- $1.58 million awarded to an auto accident victim who suffered two herniated discs
Our past claim results cannot guarantee the results of your claim. However, when you work with Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, you will benefit from our experience and determination as you fight for actual results from the insurance company that covers the liable party.
We have the resources needed to help you fight.
You may worry, after your accident, that the insurance company that covers the liable party will not provide you with the support you need after your accident. Big-name insurance providers may have the resources you need to resolve your claim satisfactorily, but they may not offer a settlement that fits your needs. They may fight against it. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have the resources necessary to fight against those big-name insurance providers and help our clients keep their needs at the forefront of the claim process.
We offer compassionate legal support to our clients.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we understand the suffering that often accompanies the claim process after a severe accident. Founding partner Matthew Dolman saw it personally when his father suffered a serious accident but struggled to get his lawyer to get back in touch with him or to get the insurance company to take the claim seriously.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we do not want our clients to feel they have to handle their claims alone. Instead, we provide comprehensive legal representation and compassionate support as we guide our clients through every aspect of the claim process. We aim to respond quickly and empathetically to our clients' issues, providing them with greater support as they navigate the road to compensation.
Did you suffer severe injuries in a Miami Gardens accident due to the negligence of another party? Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today to discuss your right to compensation and how you can navigate your next steps.
Types of Miami Gardens Personal Injury Claims We Handle at Dolman Law Group
At Dolman Law Group, we handle all types of personal injury claims for injured clients in Miami Gardens, including:
Miami Gardens Car Accidents
- Miami Gardens Motorcycle Accidents
Miami Gardens Truck Accidents
- Miami Gardens Pedestrian Accidents
- Miami Gardens Bicycle Accidents
- Miami Gardens Slip and Fall Accidents
- Miami Gardens Medical Malpractice
- Miami Gardens Nursing Home Abuse
- Miami Gardens Workers' Compensation
- Miami Gardens Uber and Lyft Accidents
- Miami Gardens Spinal Cord Injuries
- Miami Gardens Birth Injuries
- Miami Gardens Traumatic Brain Injuries
We also handle other types of personal injury claims in Miami Gardens resulting from someone else's negligence. Contact us today to discuss your case at no cost.
Where and How You Can Suffer Injuries in Miami Gardens
Miami Gardens is a thriving community 16 miles north of downtown Miami. The area has a lot to offer visitors and residents alike, but heavy traffic and other factors place you at risk of suffering a personal injury virtually anywhere in town.
One of the most common causes of personal injuries in Miami Gardens is motor vehicle accidents. Miami Gardens has several major highways and roads that serve the area, including:
- The Ronald Reagan Turnpike
- Hwy 441 and St. Road 7
- The Florida Turnpike
- NW 47th Ave
Additionally, Miami Gardens is home to dozens of stores, restaurants, and other establishments and attractions. You could slip and fall, trip and fall, or suffer injury because of a property owner's negligence at any of these locations and others:
- Hard Rock Stadium
- Walmart Supercenter
- Publix Super Market at Ives Dairy Crossing
- The Betty T. Ferguson Recreational Complex
Although you go to the doctor to get well and receive treatment for your illness or injury, a medical provider's negligence can cause you more harm than good. Some prominent healthcare providers serving Miami Gardens include:
- Miami Gardens Medical, P.L.
- Doctors Medical Centers
- TDO Medical Clinic
- Well Max
Likewise, you or your loved one could suffer harm from the negligence or wrongdoing of caregivers at any of Miami Garden's nursing homes and assisted care facilities, including:
- Colonial Assisted Living at Miami
- Adult Leisure Living, Inc.
- Meadow View Progressive Care
If you or a loved one sustain serious injuries anywhere in Miami Gardens because of another party's carelessness, recklessness, or negligence, reach out to Dolman Law Group to see how we can help you get the compensation you need.
Miami Gardens Area Accident Statistics
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) maintains reports of injurious and fatal accidents that occur throughout the state. In a recent year, FLHSMV reported the following statistics for Miami-Dade County, which includes Miami Gardens:
- 63,515 total traffic accidents were reported, with 28,722 injuries and 323 fatalities.
- 919 total bicycle accidents occurred, resulting in 18 fatalities.
- There were 1,197 total motorcycle crashes and 44 motorcycle accident fatalities.
- 1,790 pedestrian accidents were reported, with 87 fatalities.
- 21,793 hit and run accidents occurred, injuring 3,469 and killing 36.
What Types of Injuries Do People Suffer in Miami Gardens?
In an accident, various types of injuries can occur depending on the nature of the accident, the force of impact, and other factors. Here are some common injuries that can result from accidents:
- Whiplash: This is a neck injury commonly associated with car accidents. It occurs when the head is suddenly jerked forward and then backward, causing strain on the neck muscles and ligaments.
- Fractures and Broken Bones: Accidents can lead to broken bones and fractures, especially in high-impact situations. Commonly broken bones include arms, legs, ribs, and collarbones.
- Head Injuries: Accidents involving a blow to the head, such as car accidents or falls, can result in concussions, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), and other head-related injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Accidents can cause damage to the spinal cord, which may result in partial or complete paralysis, loss of sensation, and other complications.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: These injuries involve damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Sprains, strains, and contusions are common soft tissue injuries.
- Cuts and Abrasions: Accidents often result in cuts, scrapes, and abrasions due to contact with sharp objects, glass, or rough surfaces.
- Internal Injuries: The impact of an accident can cause damage to internal organs, leading to internal bleeding, organ damage, and other complications.
- Burn Injuries: In accidents involving fires, explosions, or contact with hot surfaces, burn injuries can range from minor burns to severe third-degree burns.
- Crush Injuries: These injuries occur when a body part is trapped between two objects, often resulting in severe tissue damage, fractures, and other complications.
- Amputations: In serious accidents, body parts can be severed or traumatically amputated due to the force of impact or crushing injuries.
- Facial Injuries: Accidents can cause facial fractures, cuts, and bruises, which can have both physical and emotional impacts.
- Psychological Injuries: Accidents can lead to psychological trauma, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression.
- Joint Injuries: Accidents can damage joints, leading to conditions like dislocations or torn ligaments (e.g., ACL tears).
- Herniated Discs: Accidents, particularly those involving the spine, can result in herniated discs, causing pain, numbness, and weakness.
- Contusions and Bruising: Impact from accidents can cause bruises and contusions, which may range from mild to severe.
It's important to note that the severity of injuries can vary greatly depending on the circumstances of the accident. Seeking prompt medical attention is crucial after any accident to assess and treat injuries, even if they initially appear minor.
What to Do After Your Miami Gardens Accident
After your Miami Gardens accident, you may have needed to make medical care your top priority. Often, the victims of serious accidents have to focus heavily on medical care in those early days.
However, even as you focus on your medical needs, you may need to take steps to help protect your overall right to compensation.
- Get a copy of any report about the accident and ensure that it accurately reflects what occurred. Correct any misconceptions in the accident report.
- Do not talk to the insurance company yourself until you have had a chance to speak to an attorney about your accident.
- Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA to discuss your right to compensation and how you can navigate your claim. Remember that the sooner you get in touch with us, the sooner we can start helping you.
- Keep track of all of your medical bills. Start a folder that documents everything you have spent on your medical care.
- Listen carefully to your doctors' instructions about how to recover from your injuries physically. That may mean avoiding certain activities and risks during your recovery, as well as taking part in specific exercises and activities designed to help increase your odds of making a full recovery. If you fail to follow your care provider's instructions, you may limit your recovery and the compensation you can seek for your injuries.
- Keep a journal about your recovery and the challenges you may face along the way. The journal can prove valuable as you establish the progression of your recovery and the challenges you faced along the way.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, help our clients navigate each stage of the claim process as they pursue compensation for injuries sustained in a Miami Gardens accident.
How Do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Claim in Miami Gardens?
You may have the right to file an injury claim any time someone else's negligence causes you to suffer an accident that results in injuries.
That can mean:
- Auto accidents, including motorcycle or pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability accidents, including incidents like slip and fall accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence or abuse
- Dog attacks
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we will look at several critical factors to get a better idea of whether you may have grounds for an injury claim after a Miami Gardens accident.
Did the party that caused your accident bear a duty of care to you?
Sometimes, you can clearly define a “duty of care” by proximity. For example, drivers on the road bear a duty of care to the other drivers, pedestrians, cyclists, or motorcyclists who share the road with them and must exercise due caution to reduce the risk of a devastating accident. Other times, you may identify the duty of care based on the role performed by the party that caused your accident: a business owner, for example, might bear a duty of care to anyone who visits his property.
Did the party that caused your accident violate the duty of care?
The extent to which the liable party violates their duty of care may depend on several vital factors related to your accident. In some cases, that violation may occur due to simple negligence: grocery store staff might fail to clean up a spilled bottle of juice or milk, leading to a dangerous slip and fall, for example. In other cases, that violation might occur due to the overall carelessness of the liable party: a driver who chooses to text and drive, for example.
Did you suffer injuries due to the other party's negligence?
To file an injury claim in Miami Gardens, you will need to show that you sustained injuries due to the liable party's act of negligence or violation of the duty of care. You cannot file an injury claim simply because a hazard existed. For example, suppose that you noticed the spilled juice at the grocery store and carefully navigated it, avoiding a fall. You would not have the right to file an accident claim because you did not have any type of accident or suffer any injuries due to that negligence.
If you have questions about whether you may have the right to file an injury claim after a Miami Gardens accident, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA to review your injuries and the conditions that led to your accident. We can help you evaluate what caused your accident and whether you have the right to file an injury claim.
How Much Compensation Can I Get for My Miami Gardens Injury Claim?
When you suffer serious injuries, you likely have equally serious bills to reflect the medical care you need and the steps you had to take after the accident.
For many clients, “How much compensation can I get for my Miami Gardens accident?” tops the list of questions they need to answer after the accident.
Multiple factors may affect the compensation you can ultimately recover for your injuries.
- Who caused the accident? A look at who bears liability for your Miami Gardens accident can go a long way toward determining how much compensation you should realistically expect for your injuries.
- What insurance policy covers the liable party, and what terms does it include? Your Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA lawyer can look over the insurance policy terms to give you a better idea of what compensation you can expect when you file your claim.
- What injuries did you suffer in your accident? Severe injuries often come along with high medical costs and a long road to recovery, all of which can factor into your injury claim.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, while we cannot guarantee your claim results, we can help you look at the financial and non-financial losses you likely suffered from your accident. Then, we can help you put together a claim that includes those losses and shows what compensation you expect for those injuries.
Counting Your Medical Costs
Whether you went to Jackson North Medical Center or pursued treatment at Las Mercedes Medical Center of Miami Gardens after your accident, you likely have high medical bills. To make it easier to calculate the medical cost of your injuries, keep up with your bills after the accident. Start a file that includes receipts for co-pay and deductible amounts and any incoming bills you will have to pay in the future.
You can include most of the medical costs related to your accident as part of your Miami Gardens injury claim. Talk to your lawyer about the cost of durable medical equipment, ongoing physical or occupational therapy related to your injuries, and even how to include the cost of needed modifications to your home as part of your claim.
Calculating Wage Losses
How much income you lose due to your accident may depend on your job, your employer, and what type of injuries you sustained. However, many people who suffer catastrophic injuries will discover that they have devastating income losses. Wage losses can occur immediately after the accident when you cannot return to work because of your injuries or may occur later, as your injuries linger and prevent you from completing your former work tasks. You may have to modify your time at work to make it easier for you to complete your job duties without causing further injury, or you may miss time for follow-up appointments with your care provider.
Talk to your attorney about the time you have missed at work because of your accident, including any vacation or sick time used to help maintain your income during recovery.
Adding Pain and Suffering
As the victim of a devastating Miami Gardens accident, you already know that the pain and suffering caused by the accident can cause just as much trauma as any financial loss. While your injury claim cannot restore what you lost because of the accident, it can provide you with some monetary compensation for that suffering. Talk to your lawyer about the suffering you have faced because of the accident and your injuries to learn more about how you can include it in your claim.
How Long Do I Have to File a Miami Gardens Injuries Claim?
If you need to file a claim after a Miami Gardens accident, according to Florida law, you have up to two years to file that claim. However, do not wait for the statute of limitations before you move forward with your claim.
Ideally, you should start progressing with your claim as soon as possible.
- In Florida, falls cause the largest number of accidental deaths each year, followed by motor vehicle accidents.
- Due to its larger population, Miami-Dade County sees some of the highest hospitalization rates in the state.
- Miami Gardens sees, on average, less than 20 fatal vehicle accidents per year.
After a Miami Gardens accident, working with a lawyer can prove critical to protecting your overall right to compensation.
How Much Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
Virtually all personal injury attorneys, such as those at Dolman Law Group, work on a contingency fee basis. Therefore, you won't pay any money upfront or be billed hourly fees for the attorney to represent you. Our lawyers only receive a fee if we recover compensation for you through a settlement or court award.
How Long Does an Accident Claim in Miami Gardens Take to Settle?
You should allow several months to resolve your Miami Gardens accident claim.
You will need time for:
- Your recovery, since your medical costs and eventual losses will influence the compensation you can recover.
- The investigation period. Both your lawyer and the insurance company will need to investigate all the details that led to your accident. It may take longer to investigate your accident claim in cases where collecting evidence proves difficult.
- Negotiation. As part of most injury claims, you will have to negotiate with the insurance company to get the compensation you deserve. Many rounds of negotiation may extend the length of your claim.
What If I'm Partially Responsible for My Injuries--Can I Still Recover Compensation?
Florida follows a modified comparative fault rule when determining damages in civil cases. This means that you cannot recover damages if the court finds you more than 50% at fault. Also, the amount of damages you can receive will be reduced according to your percentage of fault below 50%. For instance, if the court finds the defendant was 80% at fault and you were 20% at fault, you may only recover 80% of the total damages awarded.
What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process in Miami Gardens?
Any time you suffer injuries due to the negligence of another party, you may need a lawyer to help provide you with essential advice that can help you navigate that claim. Start with a free consultation. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we will use that consultation to go over the conditions that led to your accident and the injuries you suffered, then help you determine whether you have the right to move forward with a claim and what compensation you might expect as part of that claim.
We work with our clients to lay out all the damages they sustained from the accident and put them together as part of a compelling injury claim. We want to help our clients identify all their financial losses to help ensure they get compensation for them.
Unfortunately, the insurance company may not have the same priorities. The insurance company often wants to avoid paying out more compensation than necessary for your injuries. As a result, you may struggle to have your needs acknowledged. The insurance company may even pressure you to accept a settlement offer that does not reflect your losses and needs.
If you are facing a settlement offer that does not seem to include reasonable compensation for your injuries, consult an experienced injury attorney as soon as possible to discuss your rights. The right attorney can help you fight for the total compensation you deserve.
Dealing with the insurance company after a devastating accident can leave you with more questions than answers. Unfortunately, the insurance company may not make it easy for you to get the total compensation you deserve.
You may find yourself dealing with tactics designed to reduce the compensation the insurance company has to pay out.
- The insurance company may try to claim that the party it covers did not cause your accident. You may end up fighting to get the insurance company to accept liability.
- You may struggle to prove the full extent of your injuries based on the damages you sustained in the accident. The insurance company may try to deny the extent of your injuries or claim that you suffered the injuries at another time.
- The insurance company may pressure you to accept a low settlement offer that does not reflect the damages you sustained due to the accident.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have the resources you need to fight for the compensation you deserve following a Miami Gardens accident. We have experience negotiating with a wide range of large insurance providers and the tools needed to showcase the full extent of the damages you sustained in the accident and the compensation you expect. When we work with our clients, we dedicate those resources to ensuring they receive the full support they need to fight for that much-needed compensation.
If the insurance company unjustly denies your claim or acts in bad faith regarding the settlement agreement, we can take them to court and sue for the compensation you deserve.
Will I have to go to court over a Miami Gardens injury claim?
Most of the time, Miami Gardens injury claims settle out of court. Going to court may significantly increase legal costs for the insurance company, so the insurance company generally wants to avoid going to court over your case if possible. However, sometimes, you may need to go to court to get the resolution you need for your claim. Talk to your lawyer about your likelihood of going to court and how your lawyer can provide the representation you need to present your claim properly.
Contact a Miami Gardens Personal Injury Lawyer Now to Discuss Your Claim
Did you find yourself with severe injuries following a Miami Gardens accident? Did someone else's negligence cause your injuries? If so, you may have the right to compensation.
Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA today at (833) 552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) to discuss your Miami Gardens personal injury claim.
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Great Attorney. Matt and his team are very responsive and know how the system works. We have worked together on many cases in the past and I have learned a lot from him. I will continue to do practice law with him more and more in the future. In fact, I have consulted with him personally on my own personal injury matter, which is a true testament on how much I trust him and his skills." - Brent
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Very Good Experience. I was with another attorney who did not return my phone calls, messages, or help me with any questions and had no advice as far as who to go to for the medical attention I needed. I found Matt and got everything I needed, my questions answered, and he was very fast , professional & helpful." - Arianna
Read more reviews on Google!
Miami Gardens Emergency Rooms and Medical Centers
Following your accident that caused you serious injuries, you must get prompt medical care at any of the following locations in or near Miami Gardens:
- UHealth Jackson Urgent Care | North Dade: 16555 NW 25th Ave, Miami Gardens, FL 33054
- Total Health Medical Centers: 19654 NW 27th Ave, Miami Gardens, FL 33056
- Doctors Medical Centers: 20215 NW 2nd Ave #1, Miami Gardens, FL 33169
- Jackson North Medical Center Emergency Room: 160 NW 170th St, North Miami Beach, FL 33169
*Disclaimer – Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA does not endorse these healthcare providers, and we do not profit from having them listed on our website.
Miami Gardens Courthouses
- Miami Gardens City Hall: 18605 NW 27th Ave, Miami Gardens, FL 33056
- Miami-Dade County Courthouse: 73 W Flagler St, Miami, FL 33130
Neighborhoods We Serve in Miami Lakes
Miami Gardens neighborhoods we serve include: