When your property suffers damage due to a hurricane, fire, sinkhole, or someone else's negligence or intentional action, it can result in significant stress and financial burden. Whether you're dealing with a damaged home from a neighbor's tree falling on it or the loss of valuable property due to theft or vandalism, the consequences can overwhelm you.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, our experienced Texas property damage lawyers, we provide comprehensive legal support for individuals seeking compensation for their damaged properties. We aim to navigate you through the complex process of filing a claim, negotiating with insurance companies, and, if necessary, representing your interests in court.
Our commitment to securing the highest possible compensation for our clients' losses ensures that those responsible for the damage are held accountable, and that insurance companies fully honor their policies when acts of nature strike. Trust us to take care of the legal side of things so you can focus on restoring your life after experiencing property damage in Texas.
How Dolman Law Group Can Help You
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA., is here to remove the complex and challenging burden of residential and commercial property damage claims from your shoulders.
Our team prides itself on maintaining open, honest, and frequent communication with our clients throughout the entire process, so we never leave you in the dark about the status of your case.
Our 120+ years of combined experience negotiating with insurance companies and other parties put you in the best possible position to receive fair compensation for your damages. If other parties refuse to negotiate a satisfactory settlement, we can take your case to court, where we'll tirelessly advocate for your rights.
Furthermore, we handle cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you won't owe any fees unless we secure a recovery on your behalf.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA., we are committed to putting our clients' interests first and working diligently until their rightful compensations are secured.
Types of Property Damage We Handle
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we take pride in offering extensive services to our clients facing property damage issues. Our Texas personal injury attorneys understand that the distress caused by damage to your property—whether it's residential or commercial—can be overwhelming.
Our experienced law team is equipped to handle both residential and commercial property damage claims. Regardless of whether you're a homeowner dealing with hail damage to your roof or a business owner grappling with a flood, our goal remains the same—to help you navigate the complexities of claiming compensation for your losses and getting you back on track as quickly as possible.
Some of the most common types of property damage cases we deal with include:
Violent winds, particularly those accompanying severe storms or hurricanes, can rip off shingles or siding, damage roofs, cause trees to fall on structures, and result in other types of wind-induced property destruction. Wind damage can lead to significant repair costs and potentially render a home unlivable until repairs are completed.
Water damage includes a range from minor issues like leaks that cause mold and mildew build-up to severe structural damage caused by flooding. This type of damage can be particularly insidious as it may not always be immediately visible and can continue causing problems over time if not properly addressed.
Hailstones vary in size, but even the smaller ones can cause substantial damage to roofs, windows, siding, and outdoor equipment. The impact of hail damage often leaves holes or cracks, which, if left unchecked, could further expose your property to harsh weather conditions, leading to additional damages.
Tornadoes are capable of causing catastrophic damage due to their high wind speeds. Tornado damage can result in extensive wreckage to residential and commercial properties, ranging from total loss scenarios to less severe but still significant cases involving roof or structural disruption.
Damage Caused by Trespassers
This refers to any form of property destruction or vandalism inflicted by unlawful intruders. Unauthorized entry into your property with the intention of theft could also lead to physical harm, such as broken windows/doors, damaged fences, and more.
Car Accident Damage
If a vehicle crashes into your home or other owned properties, we handle the claim for repairing the resulting physical damage. Such incidents could cause major structural compromises needing immediate attention. Consult a Texas car accident lawyer for advice regarding your options in these situations.
The impact of hurricanes is far-reaching, with heavy rainfall causing flooding and strong winds damaging homes' exteriors. Hurricane damage may also uproot trees that can fall on houses, resulting in severe structural harm alongside potential wind-driven rain intrusion that contributes towards interior water damage.
This type of property damage can stem from natural disasters or plumbing failures. Flood damage can significantly harm the structure of buildings and lead to dangerous mold growth if it isn't promptly and properly addressed.
Though less common in Texas than in some other states, earthquakes do occur and can cause significant property damage. This includes foundation cracks that jeopardize the integrity of a building, damaged chimneys, ruptured pipes leading to water damage, and more.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we understand that each case is unique with its own set of challenges. Therefore, we approach each scenario meticulously to ensure our clients receive the compensation they deserve for their specific circumstances.
Legal Rights for Property Owners in Texas
As a property owner in Texas, you have specific rights outlined by both state and federal law. Understanding these rights is crucial when dealing with property damage issues.
- Right to Use and Enjoyment: Primarily, you can use your property as you see fit, provided it does not violate any local, state, or federal laws. This includes living on it, renting it out, or using it commercially based on zoning regulations.
- Right to Exclude Others: You also have the exclusive right to possession of your property—meaning you can lawfully keep others off your property and are entitled to seek legal recourse if someone damages your property.
- Right to Transfer Ownership: As a Texas property owner, you have the right to sell or transfer ownership of your property at will.
- Protection Under The Property Code: The Texas Property Code offers protection against unfair practices by landlords. It outlines procedures for security deposits, eviction, and liability regarding repairs.
- In Case of Damage, Recovery Through Legal Action: If your property is damaged due to another party's negligence or intentional act causing personal injury or loss of life, the law allows you to pursue a claim for compensation from the person responsible under tort law principles.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA., we understand how vital these rights are in relation to your home or business space—the place where you live or earn a livelihood—and are dedicated to ensuring they're upheld when such damaging incidents occur.
Liability in Texas Property Damage Claims
Liability, or legal responsibility for a property damage claim, often hinges upon the concept of negligence.
If a party did not exercise reasonable care and this lack of care directly resulted in damage to your property, you can hold them legally responsible for:
- Negligence: This concept refers to a failure to behave with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have exercised under similar circumstances. In property damage cases, this could refer to actions like a driver crashing into your home due to reckless driving or a trespasser vandalizing your property.
- Duty of Care: The question here is whether the negligent party owed you (the plaintiff) a duty of care or one’s obligation to avoid causing harm to another.
- Breach of Duty: You must demonstrate that the defendant breached their duty of care towards you by acting or failing to act in a certain way.
- Causation: You must prove that the defendant's action (or lack thereof) caused the injury or damage.
- Damages: Finally, you must show that you suffered real damages (financial costs) for which you seek compensation.
For example, if severe weather causes tree branches from an overgrown tree on public land to fall onto your house and damage the roof, city authorities could potentially be held liable if they knew about (and ignored) complaints about the overgrown tree posing potential hazards
Determining liability can often become complex due to various factors like contributory negligence (where both parties are partly at fault), unclear circumstances regarding causation, and more.
However, an experienced property damage lawyer, such as those at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers PA., can help navigate these complexities and guide you toward rightful compensation.
The Role of a Texas Property Damage Lawyer
If you’re wondering whether you need a property damage lawyer, look no further than Dolman Law Group to provide answers to your questions and doubts. Seeking a resolution for your property damage claim involves navigating often complex legal terrain. An experienced Texas property damage lawyer can guide you through the process, helping reduce the stress and uncertainty often accompanying such claims.
Your attorney can thoroughly evaluate your claim's worth, ensuring all damages are accounted for. This includes immediate repair costs and future expenses resulting from loss of use or depreciation of property value caused by damage.
Navigation Through the Claims Process
Filing property damage claims involves numerous crucial steps, from initial reporting to detailed follow-ups. A lawyer will streamline this process, making sure each step is accurately completed in a timely manner to avoid any unnecessary delays or denials.
Negotiation With Insurance Companies
Insurers often try to minimize payouts or deny claims. Your property damage lawyer will negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf, using their comprehensive understanding of legalities and experience in handling similar cases to ensure you receive fair compensation.
Legal Representation in Court
If negotiations do not result in a satisfactory settlement, your attorney is prepared to take the case to court. They will present convincing arguments backed by substantial evidence before the judge and jury regarding liability and damages.
Ensuring Compliance With State Regulations
The laws governing property damage claims vary by state. Lawyers well-versed in Texas law specifically can guarantee that your claim complies with all state regulations while protecting your rights as a property owner.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA., we are committed advocates for those facing significant losses due to property damage. Our team works tirelessly toward achieving favorable results, whether through negotiating settlements or representing clients in court.
Types of Damages Recoverable in Texas Property Damage Claims
In Texas, when you suffer property damage due to someone else's negligence or intentional behavior, you may recover compensation.
Here are some common categories:
- Repair Costs: This is the most obvious category of damages and includes the cost of any necessary repairs to return your property to its pre-damage state.
- Replacement Value: If your property is damaged beyond repair, you may be entitled to recover its replacement value – the amount it would cost to replace an item with a new one of similar quality and type.
- Loss of Use: If you lost the use of your property while it was being repaired, such as needing to stay at a hotel while your home was being fixed, these costs could be included in your claim.
- Diminution in Value: Significant damage can reduce a property's market value even after repairs. In such cases, you might be able to claim for diminution in value – that is, for how much less your property is worth now compared with before the damage occurred.
Knowledgeable legal representation from the Texas property damage attorneys at Dolman Law Group can ensure you seek all applicable compensations rightfully owed.
Seek Prompt Legal Action With the Help of Dolman Law Group
Seeking legal support promptly after experiencing property damage improves the outcome of your claim. A lawyer will preserve relevant evidence, contact witnesses are while memories are fresh, and file claims before deadlines pass. Immediate action can make a significant difference in the success of your property damage claim.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA., we understand that your life doesn't stop when your property is damaged. We're committed to making the compensation recovery process as seamless and stress-free as possible so you can focus on restoring normalcy to your life.
If you or someone you know has suffered property damage due to another's negligence or natural disasters in Texas, don’t hesitate—contact our experienced team today or call (281) 524-4370 for your free consultation and let us guide you toward securing the compensation you rightfully deserve.