From I-405 to Sunset Highway, Portland has several busy roads that require a great deal of attention to navigate safely. Unfortunately, some drivers may fail to take adequate precautions as they head out, resulting in a severe car crash. Car accident injuries can leave you with immense financial, physical, and emotional concerns and challenges, many of which can stay with you for the rest of your life.
If you suffered severe injuries in a car accident in Portland, you need a Portland, Oregon, car accident lawyer like Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA. Contact us immediately for your free consultation.
Let Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Help With Your Portland Car Accident Claim
When you have serious car accident injuries, you need a law firm that will get equally serious about helping you get the compensation you deserve. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have the resources you need to fight aggressively against the insurance company that covers the driver that caused your car accident.
Our team of Portland personal injury lawyers understands the losses you have faced. We have a proven history of results from past cases that can help build your confidence.
While we cannot guarantee the results of your claim, those past cases can offer some insight into what you can expect as you navigate your claim process.
- $5,000,000 awarded to a car accident victim who sustained severe burns
- $3,850,000 awarded to a truck accident victim with a brain injury
- $3,200,000 awarded to a truck accident victim who sustained a brain injury
- $1,875,000 awarded to a car accident victim with cervical fusion and traumatic brain injury
Our Lawyers Fight for Your Rights
Many law firms turn into settlement mills, churning out clients as fast as they can without considering the needs of individual clients.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we take a different approach. Our lawyers focus on maximizing the results each client can recover so that you feel confident about the outcome of your claim and the future of your finances.
We Understand Your Struggle
Our origin story begins with a similar claim: a car accident, serious injuries, and a struggle to figure out what to do next or get fair support for those losses. We understand the struggle you face and the challenges that can go along with not only your injuries themselves but also the larger claim process.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, you will find a team of best attorneys dedicated to providing personalized support for your car accident injuries.
We Make Legal Support Affordable
For many car accident victims, legal support may sound like an expensive prospect that remains out of your reach. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, everyone receives skilled legal representation after car accident injuries. We start with a free consultation to better understand your losses and what led to your car accident. Then, we provide our support for a contingent fee: you do not pay unless we win.
If you suffered injuries in a Portland car accident, contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) to discuss your claim.
Navigating the Insurance Claim After a Portland Car Accident
Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can feel incredibly complicated and draining. You may have immense bills coming in and no idea how you will manage them all. Many people ask, "How much compensation can I expect from my car accident claim?"
We cannot guarantee how much compensation you will get. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we work with every client to break down their losses so that we can assemble a comprehensive injury claim.
Medical bills often top the list of your losses when dealing with a devastating car accident injury.
A Portland car accident can result in severe injuries that include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Severe lacerations
Oregon has a no-fault car accident policy. Oregon drivers must, therefore, carry PIP insurance in addition to their property damage protection insurance. Your PIP insurance will serve as the first line of protection after a Portland car accident.
Only once the damages associated with your accident exceed the protection offered by your PIP policy can you pursue compensation from the other driver's insurance company. Work closely with your lawyer to understand your long-term medical bills and how you can include them in your claim.
If you have severe injuries from a Portland car accident, they can prevent you from returning to work for a long time. Many people struggle with an employer policy that prevents them from working with injuries or significant brain fog, pain, or confusion that makes it difficult to complete their job duties. Talk to your lawyer about your missed time at work and the financial losses that resulted so that you can include those losses as part of your car accident claim.
Pain and Suffering
Your financial losses can mount and feel severe. However, your non-financial losses can feel even more difficult to deal with.
Talk to your lawyer about the suffering you faced because of your Portland car accident:
- The loss of independence.
- The changed relationships with friends and loved ones.
- Even your inability to engage in many activities you enjoyed before your accident.
Your lawyer can provide you with more information about how to include those elements in your claim.
Understanding Portland Car Accidents
Every year, Portland has between 10,000 and 12,000 car crashes. Those crashes result in an average of 60 fatalities and thousands of injuries. Oregon allows up to two years after an accident for victims to file a claim for compensation from the liable driver's insurance company. However, you should proceed with your claim before the statute of limitations expires. Get in touch with a lawyer as soon as possible.
Common Causes of Portland Car Accidents
In many cases, Portland car accidents result from the negligent actions of drivers who ignore the road rules or take dangerous chances.
- Inadequate precautions in icy conditions. Portland sees an estimated 18 days of snow per year, so drivers still need to develop the skills to navigate slick roads. Drivers who do not take precautions have a greater risk of causing a car accident in those circumstances.
- Ignoring the rules of the road. Ignoring speed limits, failing to yield, or failing to follow traffic signs and signals can all increase the risk of a devastating collision.
- Driving while distracted. Oregon has clear laws about distracted driving prohibiting using a handheld device while behind the wheel. Drivers who choose to drive while distracted can end up causing devastating collisions.
- Aggressive driving. Portland, as a major city, can see heavy traffic. Drivers may grow frustrated with long wait times and engage in more aggressive driving behaviors to cut down the time they have to spend on the road.
When a driver's negligent behavior leads to an accident, that driver may bear liability for the accident, and the driver's insurance company will often pay out for damages associated with the accident once you have exceeded the protection offered by your PIP coverage.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Portland Car Accident: What to Expect
Dealing with the insurance company following a Portland car accident can frustrate you.
You may find yourself dealing with an insurance agent that seems determined to reduce the compensation you can recover, including:
- Pressuring you to accept a low settlement offer, especially one that includes only a fraction of the damages you sustained in the accident.
- Denying liability for the accident.
- Ignoring the full extent of your injuries, including the medical treatment you need to recover.
- Taking a long time to get back in touch with you or failing to return your calls, even when you have significant needs related to your claim.
Most major insurance companies, including big names like Geico and Progressive, have large legal teams dedicated to protecting the insurance company.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, our legal team has the resources to help you fight for fair compensation after your Portland car accident.
Portland Car Accident FAQs
What Does It Mean That Oregon Is a No-Fault State?
In a no-fault state, car accident victims will use their insurance to cover the medical bills from a car accident rather than going straight to an injury claim against the other driver's insurance. No-fault policies help streamline medical care after a car accident and ensure that the victim gets the care they need faster and more smoothly.
No-fault policies do not mean that the driver that caused an accident will not have to cover the cost of damages to the other driver's vehicle.
What Should I Do if I Get Into a Car Accident in Portland With an Uninsured Driver?
If you have a car accident with a driver that does not carry auto insurance, your uninsured motorist coverage will kick in. It will pay the medical bills that exceed your PIP coverage and your vehicle repairs costs.
You still need a lawyer to handle a claim through your own insurance company. Even when you file a claim through your own insurance, you may find yourself fighting to get coverage for your damages.
An attorney at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can explain your rights, calculate the compensation you reasonably deserve, and support you as you fight for compensation.
What Should I Do to Protect My Right to Compensation After a Portland Car Accident?
When you suffer injuries in a Portland car accident, you must react carefully to protect your right to compensation and maximize your results.
- Contact a Portland car accident attorney at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, as soon as possible. A car accident lawyer can provide more information about your right to compensation and ensure you have the necessary representation as you deal with the insurance company.
- Let your lawyer take on the insurance company for you. Insurance companies may throw several challenges in your way as you navigate the claim process. A lawyer can help ensure you take advantage of much-deserved compensation.
- Keep track of your medical costs. Medical bills can quickly grow scattered and confusing. By keeping careful track, you increase the odds of getting the compensation you deserve.
- Document your struggle. You may face challenges as you navigate your car accident recovery. Journal about them so that you can include both financial and non-financial losses as part of your claim.
Get Help From Our Portland Car Accident Lawyers
If you suffered injuries in a Portland, Oregon, car accident, you need a car accident lawyer to help you navigate the claim process and support you as you determine your next steps. Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) or fill out our online contact form to contact an attorney.
The Dolman Law Group works with local counsel in any jurisdiction outside Florida for the purpose of filing lawsuits in jurisdictions wherein we are not licensed. Thus, we will follow each State's ethical rules to ensure a local attorney is involved.