In Massachusetts, bicycle accidents can leave victims with not only physical injuries but also emotional and financial burdens.
If you suffered the pain and frustration of a bicycle accident, you are not alone. At Dolman Law, our Massachusetts bicycle accident attorneys understand the challenges you face and can help you through this difficult time.
We understand the physical and emotional turmoil that follows a bicycle accident. On the long and arduous road to recovery, dealing with the legal intricacies of your case can add to the stress. This is where we come in to offer you the support you need.
If a bicycle accident injures you in Massachusetts, our experienced team at Dolman Law is here to navigate the complex legal landscape. We are a reputable Massachusetts injury law firm dedicated to serving our community.
- Why Choose Our Massachusetts Bicycle Accident Attorneys?
- How Much Is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
- Where Do Accidents Occur in Massachusetts
- Types of Bicycle Accidents
- Types of Injuries That Occur in Bicycle Accidents in Massachusetts
- Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers Fight the Insurance Company
- What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Call Our Massachusetts Bicycle Accident Attorneys Today
Why Choose Our Massachusetts Bicycle Accident Attorneys?
When it comes to navigating the complexities of a bicycle accident injury claim, you deserve more than just legal representation; you deserve a team of passionate and skilled advocates who truly comprehend the nuances of personal injury law.
At Dolman Law Group, we proudly possess a collective experience of over 115 years in successfully handling personal injury lawsuits and claims throughout the entire nation, including Massachusetts. Our remarkable accomplishments as a firm include securing over $150 million for our clients through pre-suit personal injury claim settlements and personal injury lawsuits.
Don't risk navigating the treacherous path of a bicycle accident case alone, as it often leads to inadequate compensation. Extensive research consistently shows that injury victims achieve much better outcomes when they have the support of skilled personal injury attorneys. In fact, these studies reveal that with the right legal representation, the recovery could be a whopping 3.5 times more.
At Dolman Law Group, we take it a step further. Our unmatched experience and unwavering commitment ensure that the settlements we secure for our clients are maximized to their fullest potential, often surpassing what other firms can ever hope to accomplish.
Our track record speaks for itself — we have achieved victories in over 10,000 personal injury claims of all magnitudes, securing millions of dollars in compensation for our esteemed clients.
Our unparalleled experience has garnered the respect of insurance carriers nationwide, who know that our commitment to pursue justice for accident victims is unwavering, compelling them to offer substantial settlements to those we represent.
With Dolman Law Group by your side, you gain a formidable ally in the relentless fight against these corporate giants. Our seasoned team possesses the indispensable skills to negotiate with insurance carriers effectively. We possess the finesse to manage your medical expenses and the resources to enlist top-tier professionals who can establish fault and emphasize the gravity of your injuries.
Our commitment to fostering meaningful relationships with our clients sets us apart. We provide direct access to our Managing Partner and the attorney handling your case, ensuring personalized attention and transparency throughout your legal journey.
When you choose Dolman Law Group Bicycle Accident Attorneys, you're choosing a team of dedicated professionals ready to fight for your rights.
How Much Is My Bicycle Accident Case Worth?
After a bicycle accident, many victims wonder, "How much is my case worth?"
We're here to provide you with the answers and the guidance you need. Our attorneys will work diligently to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
We can help you seek compensation for all your damages, including:
- Medical Expenses. One of the most significant financial burdens after a bicycle accident is often the cost of medical treatment. Compensation typically covers:
- Emergency Medical Care
- Surgery and Hospitalization
- Medications and Rehabilitation
- Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages and Future Earnings. If your injuries force you to take time off work, or if you cannot return to your job, you may recover compensation for your salary, wages, benefits, and even future earnings due to disability.
- Pain and Suffering. Recovering from a bicycle accident isn't just about the financial aspects, it's also about the emotional and physical toll it takes on you. Compensation for pain and suffering considers both physical pain and emotional trauma, such as anxiety, depression, and PTSD.
- Property Damage. In bicycle accidents involving motor vehicles, your bicycle and personal property may be damaged. Compensation should cover the repair or replacement costs of your bicycle and any other personal belongings that were damaged, such as laptops, phones, etc.
Where Do Accidents Occur in Massachusetts
Bicycle accidents can happen anywhere, but knowing the specifics can help you stay safe. In Massachusetts, statistics show that accidents are more likely to occur in densely populated areas, such as downtown Boston.
Urban areas experience heavy vehicular traffic, which increases the chances of collisions between cars and bicycles. The close proximity of vehicles and cyclists demands heightened attention.
Many urban streets in Massachusetts are relatively narrow, leaving limited space for cyclists. This can lead to potential conflicts between bicycles and vehicles.
Types of Bicycle Accidents
At Dolman Law, our Massachusetts bicycle accident lawyers have extensive experience representing injured accident victims in a variety of crashes. We know that no two accidents are ever the same, but here are some of the most common types of bicycle accidents we handle.
Intersection collisions are a prevalent type of bicycle accident that can occur when a vehicle fails to yield the right-of-way to a cyclist at an intersection. In these accidents, a cyclist is usually traveling through an intersection, following traffic rules, and expecting vehicles to yield as required. However, a driver may fail to see the cyclist or misjudge their speed, resulting in a collision.
Intersection collisions can lead to a range of injuries, from minor scrapes and bruises to more severe injuries, including head trauma, fractures, and spinal cord injuries.
Preventative Measures: To minimize the risk of intersection collisions, it's essential for cyclists to be highly visible by using lights, reflectors, and proper signaling. Motorists must also remain vigilant and observant at intersections, especially when turning.
Dooring accidents are incidents where cyclists can be seriously injured when car doors are suddenly opened in their path. These accidents often occur when a parked vehicle's occupant, without checking for approaching cyclists, opens their car door directly into the path of an oncoming cyclist. The cyclist may have little time to react, resulting in a collision with the door.
Dooring accidents can lead to severe injuries, particularly head and upper body injuries, as the cyclist may be thrown over the handlebars or into the path of other traffic.
Rear-end collisions involve a motor vehicle striking the back of a bicycle, often when the cyclist is moving in the same direction as traffic. These accidents typically happen when a motorist follows a cyclist too closely or fails to notice their presence. This can occur at traffic lights, stop signs, or while navigating congested traffic.
Rear-end collisions can result in a range of injuries, with the severity depending on factors such as the speed of the vehicle and the impact. Injuries may include neck and back injuries, fractures, and traumatic brain injuries.
Types of Injuries That Occur in Bicycle Accidents in Massachusetts
Bicycle accidents can result in a range of injuries, including:
- Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and concussions.
- Fractures and Dislocations: Broken bones and joint injuries.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Sprains, strains, and contusions.
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers Fight the Insurance Company
When you've been injured in a bicycle accident, dealing with insurance companies can feel like a daunting and challenging task. These companies often have a primary objective: to minimize payouts, which could leave you with insufficient compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
At this critical juncture, having an experienced legal team on your side can make all the difference. Our bicycle accident lawyers are well-versed in handling insurance claims, and we are committed to fighting vigorously on your behalf.
Why You Need Our Support
- Minimizing Payouts: Insurance companies are notorious for trying to settle claims quickly and for as little as possible. They might pressure you into accepting a settlement that doesn't adequately cover your expenses.
- Navigating Complex Procedures: Dealing with the paperwork, negotiations, and legal procedures involved in insurance claims can be overwhelming, especially when you're already dealing with the physical and emotional aftermath of an accident.
- Ensuring Fair Compensation: Our experienced lawyers understand the true value of your case. We work diligently to evaluate your losses comprehensively, from immediate medical expenses to potential future costs and emotional suffering.
You Don't Have to Go It Alone
You don't have to face the insurance company's challenges alone. The personal injury legal team at Dolman Law is here to support you, protecting your rights and fighting for the best possible outcome. We know how to negotiate with insurance companies to secure the compensation you deserve.
With our help, you can focus on your recovery and well-being, while we handle the intricate and often adversarial negotiations with the insurance company. We are dedicated to advocating for your interests, relieving the stress associated with insurance claims, and helping you move forward after a bicycle accident.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
By this point, you've likely already seen a doctor, but there's more you can do to strengthen your case.
- Follow Treatment Plans: Stick to the treatment regimen prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Keep Receipts: Maintain records of all expenses related to your injuries, including medical bills and property damage.
- Maintain a Journal: Document your physical and emotional state, as well as the impact the accident has had on your daily life.
- Obtain Police Reports: Ensure you have a copy of the police report filed after the accident.
- Bring Information to Us: Share all the information you've gathered with our law firm. We'll use it to build a strong case on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I do immediately after a bicycle accident?
After ensuring your safety, contact the police, seek medical attention, and gather photos and witness information. Report the accident to your insurance company and consult an attorney at our law firm.
How is compensation determined in bicycle accident cases?
The severity of your injuries, medical expenses, lost income, and the extent of negligence on the part of the other party can determine compensation. Our legal team can assess the value of your case.
How long do I have to file a bicycle accident claim in Massachusetts?
In Massachusetts, you generally have three years from the accident date to file a personal injury claim. However, seek legal assistance as soon as possible to preserve critical evidence.
Do I need to pay upfront for legal services?
No, our law firm operates on a contingency fee basis, which means you only pay legal fees if we successfully recover compensation for you. There are no upfront costs, making our services accessible to all bicycle accident victims.
Call Our Massachusetts Bicycle Accident Attorneys Today
Our dedicated team at Dolman Law is here to help you navigate the legal complexities and secure the compensation you deserve. Don't go through this challenging time alone—reach out to us for guidance and support. Contact our Massachusetts bicycle accident lawyers today via our online form or by calling (857) 407-4182. We look forward to answering your questions and helping you regain control of your life after a bicycle accident.