If your infant has gotten sick after drinking Enfamil formula, you could be eligible for compensation. For Florida residents, a St. Petersburg Enfamil lawsuit lawyer from Dolman Law Group can help you file. You can start the process today with a free consultation.
You Deserve to Know the Truth About Enfamil
The makers of Enfamil have recently been accused of misleading consumers regarding their formula. Enfamil is a brand name for milk powder produced by Mead Johnson Nutrition Company. It is marketed as a premium formula designed specifically for babies.
- The company was sued because its infant formula lacked essential nutrients compared to other leading brands.
- The lawsuit alleges that Enfamil knew its inherent product risk but failed to inform consumers of the fact.
- The suit also accuses the manufacturer of making false and deceptive statements about its quality, safety, and nutritional value.
The Dangers of Enfamil Baby Formula
Parents are increasingly concerned about a link between Enfamil and Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC), an intestine inflammation in premature infants fed exclusively with formula made from cow’s milk.
This disease is usually caused by bacteria that enter the body through the digestive tract. These bacteria multiply rapidly when the infant is malnourished and stressed. The disease can lead to bowel perforation, intestinal obstruction, sepsis, shock, and even death if left untreated.
Some of the symptoms of NEC include:
- Abdominal pain
- Poor weight gain
- Feeding problems
- Blood-tinged stool
What Is the Link Between Enfamil and NEC?
Enfamil raises the protein content in the infant’s stomach, which encourages the growth of bacteria, causing inflammation. The lawsuit states that Enfamil should have known this would increase the risk of NEC.
Why Should I Sue Enfamil?
If you believe Enfamil misled you into believing their formula was safe for your child, consider filing legal action against them. You could receive compensation for any financial losses caused by Enfamil.
Here are a few questions to answer before deciding whether to file a lawsuit against Enfamil.
- Was your baby born prematurely?
- Was the baby fed Enfamil baby formula?
- Has your baby developed NEC?
- Did Enfamil know that providing the formula to your baby would lead to NEC?
- Did Enfamil fail to warn you of the risks associated with their product?
What Will My Compensation Cover?
You could receive compensation for all damages incurred due to Enfamil’s failure to provide adequate warnings about their product. Damages that can be covered can include the following:
- Hospital and NICU bills
- Pediatrician visits
- Medication and medical equipment
- Lost wages during the recovery period
- Pain and suffering
The amount you could receive will depend on the specific details surrounding your case and whether you’re participating in a class action lawsuit.
Compensation in a Class Action Lawsuit
The first thing you need to do is determine if you qualify as a potential class member. A class member is someone who was harmed by the same event or practice. To qualify as a class member, you must meet two requirements.
- You must have been exposed to the same harmful act or practice.
- You must have suffered harm because of the exposure.
After determining whether you qualify as a class member, you can choose between suing on behalf of yourself or joining together with other plaintiffs to form a class action suit.
- If you decide to join with other plaintiffs, you can either opt out of the lawsuit or remain in it.
- Opting out means you won’t get any money from the settlement, but you can participate in the case.
- If you opt out of the lawsuit, you lose the right to sue Enfamil again for the same injury.
- Some participants who opt out can later join back in the same case.
- If you choose to remain part of the lawsuit, you will receive a portion of the settlement fund.
Your share of the settlement amount will depend upon how much money the lawyer receives from the court. Lawyers usually charge a percentage fee based on the total recovery.
St. Petersburg Enfamil Lawsuit Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
What Your St. Petersburg Enfamil Lawsuit Lawyer Can Do to Help
Once you decide to pursue a lawsuit against Enfamil, you may want to hire an attorney. Dolman Law Group can help you in a number of ways:
- Gather evidence
- Review medical records
- Interview medical experts
- Handle communication with Enfamil and their insurance company
- Calculate a potential settlement amount
- Prepare legal documents and file your claim
- Negotiate with Enfamil
How Much Are Legal Fees in Florida?
While some law firms charge extra fees before you even file—we don’t.
Dolman Law Group is proud to work on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that we agree on a percentage ahead of time, and you can pay directly from your settlement. This significantly reduces the risk for you, and it makes sure we’re always putting your compensation first.
We don’t get paid unless we win or settle your case. If you don’t win, neither do we.
Don’t Put Off Your Case—Act Fast
In the state of Florida, you have up to four years from when your child gets sick from the formula to file a claim. While this might seem like you have plenty of time to file, four years is a long time to struggle with mounting medical bills. You shouldn’t have to be weighed down by Enfamil’s negligence.
A St. Petersburg Enfamil lawsuit lawyer from our firm can help you get started right away. You focus on helping your child recover, and we’ll take care of the rest.
For a free legal consultation with a enfamil lawsuit lawyer serving St. Petersburg, call 833-552-7274
Contact Us Today to Discuss Your Pinellas County Case
Dolman Law Group is here to help you through this difficult time. We offer free consultations to get you started with your claim. Call our office now.