Personal injuries can occur in a great number of circumstances, including auto accidents, workplace accidents, sports injuries, and more. If you have suffered a personal injury due to another party’s negligence, you have the right to recover for your losses and should contact an attorney to discuss a possible case. The following are some helpful links leading to personal injury resources in Florida.
Personal Injury Laws
- Negligence – Various laws in the state of Florida related to negligence, premises liability, employer liability, and much more in personal injury cases.
- Damages – Laws setting out the types of recovery possible in personal injury cases in Florida.
- Medical Malpractice Laws – Florida state regulations relating to the standard of care expected for every medical professional and an injured patient’s right to recover if malpractice occurs.
- Dog Bite Liability – Florida law regarding a dog owner’s liability in the event that their dog or other animal attacks and injures another individual.
- Statute of Limitations – The law that sets the time limit in which an injured victim must file a legal claim.
Personal Injury-Related Agencies
- CPSC – The Consumer Products Safety Commission is in charge of enacting and enforcing regulation related to the safety of consumer products to prevent personal injury caused by dangerous or defective products. The website also provides information related to product recalls.
- NHTSA – The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is the federal agency dedicated to conducting and compiling research related to all types of traffic related accidents. NHTSA also provides information regarding automotive product recalls.
- NSC – The National Safety Council is committed to preventing personal injuries and ensuring safety measures are properly followed in the home, in the workplace, on the road, and within the community.
- FMCSA – The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is in charge of enacting and enforcing regulations in order to promote safety and compliance in the interstate commercial trucking industry to prevent injuries to motorists in truck accidents.
- Annuity.org – Annuity.org is one of the most comprehensive resources online for annunities and structured settlements. Free quotes, tools, and other info available.
Common Causes of Personal Injury
- Traffic accidents – Statistics showing the incidence of traffic-related accidents and injuries in the United States.
- Premises liability – Explanation of a property owner’s liability if personal injury occurs on their premises.
- Products liability – Information regarding personal injury claims arising from a defective or dangerous product.
Personal Injury Attorneys
Local Florida PI Firms
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA – Experienced team of skilled attorneys assisting clients with a variety of personal injury cases in and around Florida including the following offices near you:
- Clearwater HQ
800 N Belcher Road
Clearwater, FL 33765
- St. Petersburg Office
1663 1st Ave S.
St. Petersburg, FL 33712
Dolman Law also provides additional legal information free of charge at these web sites:
- MotorCycleCrashFlorida.com – Read about the latest legal news pertaining to motorcycle accidents in Florida.
- InjuredByTrucker.com – Learn more about trucker accidents on Florida highways and Interstates.
- TampaBayBrainInjuryBlog.com – An important web site espousing info & news about Traumatic Brain Injuries.
Visit Dolman Law’s other blogs for even more legal news, information and opinion by experienced lawyers in their field:
- ClearwaterAutoAccident Law Blog
- ClearwaterPersonalInjury Law Blog
Out-Of-State Personal Injury Firms
- The Levin Firm – Personal injury lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania handling a wide range of cases.
- Law Office of William W. Hurst – Personal injury legal team with office in Indianapolis, IN.
- The Law Offices of Steven M. Sweat – Personal injury and accident law firm who has helped hundreds of injury victims in Southern California obtain compensation for pain and suffering, lost wages and devastating medical bills.
- Ehline Law Firm PC – Personal injury and accident attorneys with law offices headquartered in Los Angeles and satellite offices serving throughout southern California.