As a Bonita Springs resident, you purchased insurance to protect yourself and your property and obtain coverage for your losses in the event of a disaster.
Although you paid your premiums faithfully for years, the insurance company is not making things easy for you to get your rightful benefits following a natural disaster, accident, or other unfortunate and unforeseen incident.
If your insurance company denies your valid claim or you’re struggling to get them to pay you what you deserve, you need a Bonita Springs insurance claims lawyer for help.
Contact the Bonita Springs insurance claims attorneys at Dolman Law Group right away. We offer free consultations to answer your questions and help you decide on the best course of action.
Why Work with Dolman Law Group for Your Insurance Claim Issues
Navigating the intricate web of insurance law requires a blend of legal acumen and a deep understanding of the nuanced policies that safeguard individuals, businesses, and assets.
Whether you're grappling with denied claims, policy disputes, or seeking fair compensation for losses, our legal professionals are here to provide clarity, strategic counsel, and resolute representation.
Choosing the right legal representation for your insurance claim issues is crucial. Dolman Law Group boasts a team of highly skilled attorneys with extensive knowledge of insurance law, and we handle insurance claims issues for clients throughout Bonita Springs and across Florida.
Our legal professionals possess the skills and experience necessary to navigate the complexities of your case effectively. Our firm has a proven track record of securing favorable outcomes for our clients, earning our reputation for excellence in advocacy and results.
Whether negotiating with insurance companies or litigating in court, we pursue the most favorable resolution to ensure our clients receive the compensation and justice they deserve.
We understand the stress and challenges associated with insurance claim issues, and our client-centric approach ensures that we address your unique needs and concerns with care and diligence. We also recognize that every case is unique, and we provide personalized attention to each client.
Our attorneys take the time to understand the specifics of your situation, tailoring our strategies to achieve the best possible outcome for your insurance claim.
Clear and transparent communication is fundamental to our client relationships. Dolman Law Group ensures that clients are kept informed at every stage of their case, providing clarity and peace of mind throughout the legal process.
As an integral part of the Bonita Springs community, Dolman Law Group is deeply invested in the well-being of its clients. Our commitment extends beyond legal representation, as we strive to contribute positively to the community we serve.
When you choose Dolman Law Group for your insurance claim issues, you're selecting a dedicated team of professionals who will tirelessly advocate for your rights and interests.
Experience the Dolman difference. Contact us today at (239) 307-2634 and let us navigate the path to a successful resolution for your insurance claim.
Types of Insurance Claims We Handle
At Dolman Law Group, we handle a wide range of insurance claims, ensuring that our clients receive comprehensive legal support tailored to their specific needs.
Our experienced team is well-versed in handling various types of insurance claims, including but not limited to:
- Property Insurance Claims: Whether you're dealing with damage to your home or business property due to natural disasters, accidents, or other covered perils, we are adept at navigating the complexities of property insurance claims.
- Auto Insurance Claims: After a car accident and are facing challenges with your auto insurance claim, our team can assist you in securing the compensation you deserve for vehicle damage, medical expenses, and other losses.
- Health Insurance Claims: Navigating the intricacies of health insurance can be daunting. We can help you understand your policy, challenge claim denials, and ensure you receive the coverage you are entitled to for medical treatments and services.
- Life Insurance Claims: Dealing with the loss of a loved one is difficult enough without the added stress of life insurance claim disputes. Our attorneys are here to guide you through the process and advocate for a fair settlement.
- Business Insurance Claims: For businesses facing disruptions due to events like property damage, liability claims, or business interruption, we provide comprehensive legal support to ensure your business recovers and thrives.
- Bad Faith Insurance Claims: If your insurance company has unreasonably denied or delayed your claim, we can assist in pursuing legal action for bad faith practices, holding insurers accountable for their obligations.
Our commitment is to provide diligent and results-driven representation for our clients in Bonita Springs, and we promise to handle your case with the utmost expertise and dedication. Contact us today to discuss your specific situation and let us guide you through the complexities of the insurance claims process.
Insurance Claim Issues We Can Help With
Insurance claims can present challenges, and various issues may arise during the process.
Here are some common insurance claim issues that individuals and businesses often encounter:
- Claim Denials: One of the most common issues is the outright denial of a claim by the insurance company. This can occur for various reasons, including policy exclusions, incomplete documentation, or disputes over the cause of the loss. An insurance company may deny your claim if you submit it late or don’t include the proper documentation. However, if you submitted your claim on time, and the insurance company lost your documentation, you may have a case against them.
- Underpayment of Claims: Insurance companies may offer settlements that are less than the actual value of the loss. This can happen due to undervaluation of property, disagreements on repair costs, or disputes over the extent of coverage.
- Delay in Claim Processing: Lengthy delays in processing claims can be frustrating for policyholders, especially when they are in urgent need of funds for repairs, medical expenses, or other covered losses.
- Policy Disputes: Disagreements between the insured and the insurer about the interpretation of policy language, coverage limits, or policy exclusions can lead to disputes over the validity of a claim.
- Bad Faith Practices: Some insurance companies may engage in bad faith practices, such as unreasonably delaying a claim, providing false information, or wrongfully denying coverage without a valid reason.
- Lack of Communication: Poor communication between the insurance company and the policyholder can exacerbate issues. Failure to provide timely updates, respond to inquiries, or clarify coverage details can create frustration and confusion.
- Depreciation and Valuation Disputes: Insurers may undervalue the depreciation of property, leading to disputes over the amount payable for repairs or replacements. Valuation disputes often arise in property and auto insurance claims. It’s important to understand whether you have replacement cost coverage or cash value coverage as they can mean considerable differences in the amount you receive from the insurer to repair or replace damaged property.
- Temporary Repairs: Many insurance policies require you to make temporary repairs to your property to prevent further damage. For instance, you may need to cover your damaged roof or windows with tarps. If you don’t, the insurer may deny your claim. However, maybe you couldn’t make temporary repairs due to circumstances beyond your control, such as a road or bridge being washed out, or you made repairs but the insurance adjuster denied your claim anyway. If this situation applies to you, contact a Bonita Springs insurance lawyer right away.
- Exclusions and Limitations: Policyholders may be surprised to find that certain losses are excluded from coverage or that there are limitations on the amount payable for specific types of claims. This is especially true in the case of flood damage. A policy may cover wind-driven rain damage, but not flooding. Differentiating between damages that are covered and those that are not can pose real challenges for policyholders. A Bonita Springs insurance lawyer can explain your policy and the exclusions it may contain.
- Coordination of Benefits: In cases where multiple insurance policies may cover a loss, coordinating benefits and determining the primary payer can lead to disputes.
- Inadequate Investigation: Insufficient or biased investigations by insurance adjusters can result in inaccurate claim assessments and unjust denials or settlements.
Navigating these common insurance claim issues requires a thorough understanding of insurance law and policy language. Seek legal advice and representation to ensure fair treatment and a satisfactory resolution to insurance disputes.
The insurance law attorneys at Dolman Law Group have helped thousands of Floridians with their complex insurance claim issues. Contact us today to see how we can assist.
Your Rights as a Policyholder in Florida
As a policyholder in Florida, you have specific rights and protections under state law. Florida’s Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights outlines your rights and responsibilities as a homeowner, as well as the requirements insurance companies must follow when receiving, investigating, and tendering your claim.
Understanding these rights can empower you when dealing with insurance matters, and some key rights afforded to policyholders in Florida include:
- Right to Receive a Copy of Your Policy: You have the right to receive a copy of your insurance policy. This document outlines the terms, conditions, and coverage details of your insurance agreement.
- Right to Prompt and Fair Claim Handling: Insurance companies in Florida are required to handle claims promptly and fairly. The law prohibits delays and unfair claim practices, such as arbitrary denials.
- Right to Contest Unfair Claim Practices: If you believe your insurance company is engaging in unfair claim practices or acting in bad faith, you have the right to contest these actions. This may include filing a complaint with the Florida Department of Financial Services.
- Right to a Thorough Investigation: Insurance companies are obligated to conduct a thorough investigation of your claim. This includes assessing damages, reviewing documentation, and providing a reasonable and timely response.
- Right to Appeal Claim Denials: If your insurance claim is denied, you have the right to appeal the decision. This process allows you to challenge the denial and present additional evidence in support of your claim.
- Right to Replacement Cost Value: When your property is damaged, you are entitled to receive compensation for the replacement cost value rather than just the actual cash value. This ensures that you can replace or repair damaged property without suffering a depreciation penalty.
- Right to Know the Basis for Claim Denial: If the insurance company denies your claim, it must provide a clear and detailed explanation of the reasons for the denial. This information provides the basis for the decision and aids in the appeal process.
- Right to a Public Adjuster: You may hire a public adjuster to assist with your insurance claim. Public adjusters work on behalf of policyholders to assess damages, negotiate with the insurance company, and ensure a fair settlement.
- Right to Fair Treatment Regardless of Previous Claims: Insurance companies cannot discriminate against policyholders based on their history of filing claims. Uphold your rights regardless of whether you previously made claims.
- Right to Seek Legal Assistance: If disputes with your insurance company persist, you may seek legal assistance. Consulting an experienced insurance law attorney can help you navigate complex issues and pursue legal remedies if necessary.
Your insurance company must acknowledge they received your claim within 14 days of getting it. Once you submit the necessary documentation, such as the proof of loss statement, the insurer has 30 days to inform you whether they will cover your claim in full, partially cover it, deny it, or inform you they are still investigating.
You must receive either a full settlement payment within 90 days for the undisputed portion of your claim or an official denial of your claim. The 90-day limit doesn’t require the insurer to provide you compensation if they find some factor they can dispute or something not covered under your policy.
You also have the right to a free mediation through the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) Division of Consumer Services. You also have the right to a free neutral evaluation of your claim from an impartial third party.
Understanding and asserting these rights is essential to ensuring fair treatment and a just resolution in insurance matters. If you encounter challenges with your insurance claim in Bonita Springs, reach out to our attorneys at Dolman Law Group for help.
Contact Dolman Law Group Today
You have rights as a policyholder in Florida, and you need a seasoned legal professional to help you assert those rights and obtain the favorable outcomes you expect and deserve for any insurance claims issues you face.
Contact Dolman Law Group at (239) 307-2634 for your free consultation and let us navigate the path to a fair and just resolution. We will make your peace of mind our priority, and we promise to fight hard to protect your rights and improve your chances of getting the full benefits and coverage you need.