Car accidents happen daily in Columbus. Many of them — including ones on high crash-risk corridors like Broad Street/Route 40, High Street, I-70, and I-71 — cause severe damage, catastrophic injuries, and tragic, preventable fatalities. Victims of these crashes deserve compensation for their losses to pay expenses and rebuild their lives.
If you or someone close to you sustained injuries in a Columbus car accident, Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, wants to help you explore your options. We're a nationwide personal injury law firm representing car accident victims and their loved ones. Contact our Columbus car accident lawyers today to learn what we can do for you.
- About Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
- The Devastating Toll of Columbus Car Accidents
- Your Rights as a Columbus Car Accident Victim
- Car Accident Injuries We Can Handle
- Legal Services We Provide to Columbus Car Accident Victims
- Protecting Your Rights to Compensation After a Columbus Car Accident
- Contact an Experienced Columbus Car Accident Lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Today
About Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, is a leading national personal injury law firm. Our attorneys fight to secure compensation for people who have suffered harm in preventable accidents and mishaps. We spend our days working to ensure our clients receive fair treatment and the maximum amount possible for their losses.
Car accident cases constitute a core focus of our law practice. Our team of Columbus personal injury lawyers represents the victims of crashes ranging from two-car fender benders to multi-vehicle pile-ups and everything in between. We've secured millions in compensation for injured crash victims and their loved ones through zealous advocacy, individualized service, and a relentless commitment to advancing our client's interests.
Of course, our past successes don't guarantee future results. But they demonstrate that the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA team possesses the talent, resources, and know-how to win even the toughest car accident cases.
(The Dolman Law Group works with local counsel in any jurisdiction outside Florida for the purpose of filing lawsuits in jurisdictions wherein we are not licensed. Thus, we will follow each State's ethical rules to ensure a local attorney is involved.)
The Devastating Toll of Columbus Car Accidents
According to Ohio State Highway Patrol crash data, 22,522 crashes happened in Franklin County in a recent year, with most occurring within the Columbus city limits. Nearly 7,500 of those accidents caused injuries, and 118 resulted in fatalities. Thousands of crash victims seek trauma care in Columbus-area hospital emergency departments annually.
On the numbers alone, that's a devastating toll. But statistics only tell part of the story. Every crash in Columbus represents a unique event holding the potential to inflict profound injury, grief, and expense.
Many Columbus car accident victims sustain trauma that affects every aspect of their lives, from work and school to family and intimate relationships. A crash can cause permanent disruptions and disabilities that victims and their families can only address with significant financial and community support.
Your Rights as a Columbus Car Accident Victim
As a Columbus car accident victim, you may have the legal right to receive significant compensation for your losses. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we strive to secure the maximum amount available by pursuing legal action — including insurance claims and lawsuits — for you. We can hold multiple parties liable for your physical, emotional, and financial injuries.
Liability for Your Losses
Under Ohio law, you can hold someone liable for damages if their unreasonably dangerous decisions, actions, or inaction caused your car accident. You may also have the right to demand payment from others with a legal obligation to answer for an at-fault party's misconduct. Sometimes, liability for your losses falls on a single individual, business, or entity. But in many cases, multiple parties could owe you compensation simultaneously.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we review the evidence in every car accident case to identify as many potentially liable parties as possible and maximize your chances of receiving meaningful compensation.
In many cases, our investigation reveals that at least one of the following parties is liable to our client:
- A careless driver whose mistakes behind the wheel caused an accident;
- The employer of an at-fault driver who crashed a work vehicle or while performing job duties;
- A bar or restaurant that sold alcohol to a visibly intoxicated or underage drunk driver who caused the crash;
- The manufacturer of a defective car that crashed because of a mechanical or system failure;
- A local government or private property owner at fault for unreasonably hazardous road conditions; or
- An insurance company that issued liability coverage to an at-fault party such as one of the above.
Of course, these aren't the only parties who could be liable to you for a Columbus car accident. That's why at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we approach every case with fresh eyes, ready to follow the evidence wherever it leads in our search for liable parties.
Compensation You Could Claim
Columbus car accident victims have the legal right to claim compensation for their physical, emotional, and financial losses.
That can include any or all of the following:
- Past and future costs of treating crash-related injuries and other health complications;
- Damaged vehicle repair or replacement expenses;
- Other out-of-pocket expenditures directly flowing from the accident or the injuries it inflicted;
- Lost pay and benefits from missing work to heal from a crash injury;
- Future income and opportunities lost because of a crash-related disability or impairment;
- Physical pain from the injury or medical treatments;
- Emotional distress and other mental health effects like anxiety or PTSD;
- Loss of independence and diminished quality of life;
- Difficulties of living with scarring, disfigurement, or loss of bodily function.
Ohio law may also entitle a Columbus crash victim to seek punitive or exemplary damages if the at-fault party engaged in malicious conduct.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, evaluates every car accident claim to identify every potential category of recoverable damages. We aim to ensure that any legal action on our client's behalf seeks the maximum payment allowable under Ohio law. Contact us for a free case evaluation to learn about the scope of damages you could claim for your Columbus car accident.
Wrongful Death in a Columbus Car Accident
As the statistics cited above reflect, hundreds of people die annually in Columbus car accidents. The victims of those preventable tragedies leave behind grieving spouses, children, and parents who face the unthinkable burden of picking up the pieces and moving on despite their loss.
Ohio's wrongful death statute authorizes a personal representative of a deceased car accident victim to sue on their behalf seeking compensation for damages, including:
- Loss of the victim's income or financial support;
- Loss of the victim's services;
- Loss of the victim's society, including loss of companionship, consortium, care, assistance, attention, protection, advice, guidance, counsel, instruction, training, and education;
- Loss of the victim's prospective inheritance;
- The mental anguish of the surviving spouse, dependent children, parents, or next of kin of the decedent; and
- Funeral and burial expenses.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we understand that money cannot make up for losing a loved one in a Columbus car accident. But the funds we can secure through a wrongful death action can provide crucial financial support for a spouse or family member and may offer a measure of justice for their loss. Our team is available 24/7 to answer your questions if you recently lost a loved one in a Columbus auto accident.
Car Accident Injuries We Can Handle
With years of experience representing crash victims under our belts, Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, has the knowledge and resources to pursue compensation for any injury someone might sustain in a Columbus car accident.
We're familiar with the medical science and financial implications of injuries as diverse as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) ranging from concussions to brain death;
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis and loss of bodily function;
- Crushed or amputated limbs and appendages;
- Severe facial trauma, including disfigurement and loss of eyesight;
- Burn injuries;
- Internal trauma and organ damage;
- Fractures, dislocations, tears, and other orthopedic injuries;
- Soft tissue injuries, including whiplash;
- Lacerations, abrasions, and other severe trauma.
This is just a sampling of the injury claims we're prepared to handle. No matter what kind or severity of trauma you sustained in a Columbus car accident, we can evaluate your losses and explain your options for seeking payment from liable parties.
Legal Services We Provide to Columbus Car Accident Victims
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, is a full-service personal injury law firm. We can provide any legal service a client needs to secure compensation for their crash-related losses. Our team is flexible and strategic in seeking payment in a car accident case.
Depending on the circumstances and our client's priorities, we can:
- Independently investigate the cause of a car accident and identify parties liable for it;
- Coordinate with official crash inquiries and represent our client's interests with law enforcement and other investigators;
- Answer our client's questions and advise them on decisions that may affect their rights;
- Analyze all insurance policies that may cover our client's losses;
- Handle all dealings with insurance companies on our client's behalf so that they never have to answer another call from an adjuster;
- Prepare and file insurance claims and lawsuits seeking compensation for our client's losses;
- Negotiate settlements of our client's claims when possible;
- Take our client's case to a Franklin County Court to present it to a judge and jury at trial;
- Ensure our client receives the funds due from a settlement, court judgment, or jury award.
We provide these and similar services to clients in car accident cases on a contingent fee basis. That means we don't charge upfront fees or hourly rates. Instead, we collect a percentage of any money we recover for our client as a fee. We only get paid, in other words, if we get results for our clients.
Protecting Your Rights to Compensation After a Columbus Car Accident
The right to compensation for your Columbus car accident doesn't guarantee that you will receive payment. Your actions after getting hurt can affect whether you receive payment for your losses and how much liable parties must pay you. Following the suggestions below can protect your interests.
Seek Immediate Medical Care
Always seek medical attention after getting into a car accident in Columbus, even if you feel you have avoided severe injury. The minor aches and pains you feel now could be signs of significant trauma that could worsen without proper care. A doctor can examine you, diagnose your injuries, and treat you immediately.
Getting care protects more than just your health. Your legal rights may also depend on seeking prompt medical treatment that documents your injuries and demonstrates that nothing you did worsened your condition.
Hire a Car Accident Lawyer ASAP
Hire a lawyer to handle your claim once you've addressed your immediate medical needs from a Columbus car accident. Don't wait until you heal or bills begin to pile up. Contact a Columbus car accident attorney immediately to learn about your rights in a free case consultation.
Waiting to hire a lawyer could jeopardize your ability to claim damages. Under Ohio's statute of limitations for personal injury claims, most Columbus accident victims have a maximum of two years — and sometimes just a few months — to take legal action seeking compensation for their losses. Missing the deadline means losing your rights. Immediately hiring a lawyer ensures that won't happen.
Do Not Agree to a Settlement Without Consulting an Attorney
The at-fault party or its insurance company might offer you a quick settlement before you've hired a lawyer. Only agree to their proposal or sign something they send you after you consult our Columbus car accident lawyers. Any offer made directly to you will fall short of what you deserve. Our lawyers could force liable parties to pay fair compensation for your losses. Agreeing to it could sacrifice your rights to receive the amount you deserve for your losses, so check with a lawyer before you respond.
Contact an Experienced Columbus Car Accident Lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Today
If you or someone you love recently suffered injuries in a Columbus car accident, you may have the right to receive significant compensation. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, wants to help you get it. Contact us today at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) for your free consultation and learn about your options from our Columbus car accident lawyers.