A car accident can turn your life upside down in the blink of an eye. One minute, you cruised down I-85 or I-77., your music playing, your mood high. The next, the crunch of metal and an abrupt stop resulted in severe injuries that could mean immense challenges for your future: high medical bills, the loss of your income, and changes to the activities you can enjoy and how you live your life. Reach out to a Charlotte car accident lawyer.
If you suffered injuries due to another driver's negligence in Charlotte, Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can help. Contact us to learn how we can help you pursue compensation for your injuries.
- Get the Help You Need After a Charlotte Car Crash
- Compensation After a Charlotte Car Accident: Putting Together Losses
- Understanding Charlotte Car Accident Injuries
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Charlotte Car Accident
- What to Do After Your Charlotte Car Accident
- Charlotte Car Accident FAQ
- Contact a Charlotte Car Accident Lawyer Today
Get the Help You Need After a Charlotte Car Crash
If you suffer injuries in a car accident, you need a law firm dedicated to helping you obtain the compensation you deserve. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have extensive experience helping car accident clients nationwide obtain fair results after a car crash.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, works with local counsel in any jurisdiction outside Florida for the purpose of filing lawsuits in jurisdictions wherein we are not licensed. Thus, we will follow each State's ethical rules to ensure a local attorney is involved.
We Get Results
Take a look at some of our past car accident claims.
- $5,000,000 for a car accident resulting in burn injuries
- $1,875,000 for a car accident resulting in cervical fusion and TBI
- $1,580,000 for a car accident that resulted in two herniated discs
- $1,000,000 for a car accident with unspecified injuries
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we cannot guarantee the compensation you will recover as part of your specific accident claim. However, we will fight to help you get a fair and just resolution for the damages you sustained due to another driver's negligent actions.
We Understand Your Struggles
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, originated to help people avoid the struggles that accompany a severe accident claim when they lack legal support. We understand those challenges and the issues you may face as you strive to recover from a severe car accident. As a result, we listen to our client's stories and prioritize their needs.
We Focus on Maximizing Results
Many insurance companies work as settlement mills, trying to churn through claims as quickly as possible without considering our clients' full needs.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Our Charlotte personal injury lawyers focus on ensuring that every client receives fair and just legal representation. We strive to help maximize the results of each claim so that clients can feel more confident about their results.
Are you ready to start your Charlotte car accident claim? Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today to discuss your accident and rights
Compensation After a Charlotte Car Accident: Putting Together Losses
You can claim compensation for your losses after a car accident caused by another driver's negligence. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we cannot guarantee the compensation you will recover for your injuries. We can, however, help you get a better idea of what losses you sustained and how you can include those losses as part of your claim.
Your medical bills often top the list when you need to put together evidence of the losses you sustained in your Charlotte car accident. Car accidents often lead to substantial medical bills: emergency medical care, the cost of staying in the hospital as you recover from your injuries, durable medical equipment, and physical and occupational therapy after severe injuries, for example.
Keep track of all your medical bills after your accident so that you can put them together as part of a comprehensive injury claim.
When you miss out on work because of your Charlotte car accident, you may face considerable financial difficulties due to your lost income.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we want to help ensure that you maximize the compensation you can recover, including receiving compensation for that missed time at work.
Talk to your lawyer about all the hours you spent out of work, not just right after your accident but during the recovery process, as you limited your hours due to your injuries or had to miss more time at work because of follow-up appointments.
Pain and Suffering
Car accidents cause much more than just financial difficulty. You may deal with substantial physical pain and emotional anguish on your road to recovery. Many Charlotte car accident victims struggle with losing independence or changed relationships because of their injuries.
By working with an experienced car accident lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, you can get the support you need to include compensation for pain and suffering as part of your claim.
Understanding Charlotte Car Accident Injuries
According to North Carolina law, you must file a car accident claim in Charlotte within three years of the accident date.
Exceptions exist to the statute of limitations, so talk to a car accident lawyer if you have questions about how long you must file a claim.
- More than 114,000 people suffer injuries in car accidents in North Carolina each year.
- Around 1,700 people die in car accidents across North Carolina.
- 70 percent of crashes occur between 7 a.m. and 6:59 p.m., when people are likelier to head out on the road.
Common Causes of Charlotte Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur for any number of reasons, many of them related to driver negligence.
- Driver distraction. Around 17.9 percent of car accidents in North Carolina involve self-reported distraction.
- Speeding. At high rates of speed, drivers have a harder time avoiding potential collisions. Speeding also increases the force behind an accident, which may increase the severity of the injuries everyone suffers.
- Aggressive driving and road rage. Some drivers struggle to keep their cool behind the wheel, causing them to engage in dangerous behaviors that raise the risk of an accident.
- Ignoring the rules of the road. Not only do drivers sometimes ignore speed limits, but they may also ignore traffic signs and signals, which can interfere with a safe passage down the road.
Drivers engaging in dangerous behaviors create a higher risk for everyone around them. Unfortunately, many types of reckless or negligent behavior can make drivers' actions more difficult to predict, increasing the risk of a collision.
Car Accident Injuries in Charlotte
Car accidents can cause severe injuries, many of which have long-term consequences for injury victims.
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back injuries, including muscle strains and herniated discs
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Cuts and lacerations
- Internal bleeding
Prompt medical attention can help the victims of car accidents get the help they need to maximize their odds of recovering fully.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Charlotte Car Accident
Fighting the insurance company can become one of the most frustrating parts after you suffer injuries in a Charlotte car accident. While North Carolina auto insurance generally compensates for the damages caused by a covered driver, the victim may have to fight aggressively against the insurance company to get that much-needed compensation.
The insurance company may deny the extent of your injuries, deny liability for the accident, or pressure you to accept a settlement offer that does not fit your needs, resulting in you failing to recover the full compensation you deserve for those damages.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have the resources necessary to help you take on those insurance companies, even the big names in auto insurance, and recover the compensation you deserve.
What to Do After Your Charlotte Car Accident
You had a car accident. You reported your injuries to the police and sought emergency medical attention. However, the journey to protect yourself continues.
To protect your right to compensation after a Charlotte car accident:
- Contact a lawyer as soon as you can. Having a lawyer on your side can make a huge difference in your ability to navigate the claim process and recover reasonable compensation for your injuries.
- Avoid talking to the insurance company yourself. Insurance companies may look for opportunities to reduce the compensation they must pay you. Let your lawyer take on those challenges instead.
- Keep track of medical bills, records, and any images or other documents related to your care to easily establish the full extent of your injuries.
- Follow your care provider's instructions. Always attend scheduled medical appointments, including physical therapy. Avoid activities that worsen your injuries.
- Document your struggles during recovery, including any specific emotional challenges.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we provide our clients with comprehensive support at all stages of the claim process. You can receive the support you need to effectively navigate your claim by contacting us immediately.
Charlotte Car Accident FAQ
Does North Carolina Require Pip Insurance?
PIP insurance, or personal injury protection insurance, offers compensation any time you suffer injuries in a car accident, regardless of who caused the accident. As an at-fault state, North Carolina does not require PIP insurance. However, drivers in North Carolina can choose to purchase MedPay, or medical payment, coverage, which will cover initial medical expenses up to the amount specified by the policy any time the driver or a covered individual suffers injuries in a car accident.
If you have MedPay coverage, you can use it first after you suffer injuries in an accident. If the cost of treatment for your injuries exceeds the protection offered by your MedPay plan, you can then file an injury claim.
How Do I Know Who Caused My Car Accident in Charlotte?
Drivers can commit many negligent acts that result in accidents, including driving while distracted, speeding, or reckless driving. In addition, other factors may contribute to your car accident, including a faulty vehicle or an employer that issues unrealistic or dangerous rules for its employees.
A lawyer can review the evidence from your Charlotte car accident and give you a better idea of who bears liability for your accident by looking at:
- Witness statements
- Video footage of the accident
- The police report
In addition, a lawyer may bring in an expert witness who can review the damage to the two vehicles and better understand what likely caused the accident.
I Did Not Seek Medical Care Right After My Charlotte Accident but Discovered Days or Weeks Later That I Had Suffered Injuries. Can I Still File a Claim?
You can file an injury claim when you suffered injuries in a car accident due to another driver's negligence. You may still have the right to compensation if you did not pursue medical attention immediately. However, putting together a claim and acquiring that compensation can prove more complicated. An attorney can explain what compensation you deserve and how to assemble that claim.
Disclaimer: The Dolman Law Group works with local counsel in any jurisdiction outside Florida to file lawsuits in jurisdictions where we are not licensed. Thus, we will follow each state's ethical rules to ensure a local attorney is involved.
Contact a Charlotte Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you suffered severe injuries in a Charlotte car accident, do not try to handle your claim alone. Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) or use our online contact form and let us contact you.