Car accidents not only cause immense property damage, but they can also lead to substantial suffering for the victim. You may have a long road to recovery or permanent disabilities that can affect how you manage your everyday life.
If a driver negligent injures you in an Illinois car accident, anywhere from Interstate 80 or Stevenson Expressway near Chicago to downstate along I-57 or I-24, you may recover compensation for your losses. Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, to learn more about your rights. Reach out to a Illinois car accident lawyer.
- Let Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Help With Your Illinois Car Accident Claim
- What Compensation Can You Recover After an Illinois Car Accident?
- Illinois Car Accidents: The Information You Need
- How Can You Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident in Illinois?
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a Car Accident in Illinois
- Illinois Car Accident FAQ
- Let Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Help You Navigate Your Illinois Car Accident Claim
Let Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Help With Your Illinois Car Accident Claim
When you suffer serious injuries in a car accident, you need a lawyer that understands your suffering and all the challenges that emerge during your car accident case.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have a personal understanding of what those challenges feel like and the long-term impact they can have on you. As a result, we fight aggressively to help ensure that our clients receive the results they deserve as they move forward with a car accident claim.
We have won millions for our clients over the years. While our past claim results cannot guarantee the results of future claims, including yours, our team of committed attorneys will fight aggressively to increase the odds that you recover just compensation for the injuries you sustained in your car accident.
We Fight to Help You Get Maximum Results
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, our lawyers do not feel content to simply accept any settlement. Instead, unlike many law firms that function as "settlement mills," churning out one settlement after another, we fight to ensure that every client receives justice for their car accident injuries.
We Have the Resources to Help You Get the Results You Deserve
When you go up against the big names in car insurance, including names like Progressive or Geico, you may find yourself up against experienced legal teams with significant resources behind them. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have the resources you need to fight back.
We Make It Easy to Get in Touch
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we offer nationwide legal services. The Dolman Law Group works with local counsel in any jurisdiction outside Florida for the purpose of filing lawsuits in jurisdictions wherein we are not licensed. Thus, we will follow each State's ethical rules to ensure a local attorney is involved. Depending on your needs, we will connect with you online, over the phone, or at an office near you.
Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today if you need to move forward with an Illinois car accident case.
What Compensation Can You Recover After an Illinois Car Accident?
Most of the time, when you suffer injuries in an Illinois auto accident, you must pursue compensation through the liable driver's auto insurance policy. However, you may sometimes pursue compensation through another entity that contributed to the accident. For example, if you had an accident with a driver on the clock, you may have the right to pursue compensation from the driver's employer.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we cannot guarantee the compensation you will recover for your injuries. However, we can help you look closer at the areas where you may deserve compensation, which remain similar in most injury claims.
A car accident in Illinois can lead to high medical bills. When you have substantial injuries, you will need help from medical care providers to manage your condition and get the care you need. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we help you take a look at all your medical costs arising from your accident so that you can include them as part of your claim, from the ambulance trip to the hospital to the cost of physical or occupational therapy, we will make sure it factors into your reward.
Missing out on your income while recovering from car accident injuries can place great financial stress on you. Recovering all your losses from your claim increases your ability to pay your bills and rebuild your life after a serious car accident.
Pain and Suffering
As part of your injury claim, you can include the financial damages that accompanied your accident and the suffering you had to deal with after the accident. Talk to your lawyer about what suffering you faced and how you can best include it as part of your overall claim.
Illinois Car Accidents: The Information You Need
Each year, Illinois sees more than 310,000 motor vehicle accidents. Around 20.4 percent of those crashes, or 63,000, result in serious injuries, while around 900 result in fatalities. Motorcycles account for only 1 percent of total crashes but approximately 14.6 percent of fatal crashes and 3 percent of injury-related crashes. Work zones also pose a significant problem, with around 2.1 percent of total crashes in Illinois each year.
Common Causes of Illinois Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur for many common reasons.
- Driving while distracted. Any time a driver takes their eyes, hands, or attention away from driving while behind the wheel, it can lead to severe problems for everyone around.
- Driving under the influence. Drivers under the influence of alcohol act unpredictably and have slowed reaction times.
- Dangerous roads. For example, the Dan Ryan Expressway, Tri-State Tollway, and Kennedy Expressway may see many accidents due to high traffic volumes.
- Construction zones. Construction zones slow traffic and may lead to strange traffic patterns or narrow lanes. Drivers may struggle to avoid the dangers in those lanes.
- Ignoring the rules of the road. Failure to pay attention to traffic signs and signals, for example, can significantly increase the risk that a driver will cause an accident.
Car Accident Injuries in Illinois
Car accidents cause many serious injuries.
- Brain and head injuries
- Back and neck injuries, including herniated discs, spinal cord injuries, or muscle damage
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Sprains and strains
- Severe lacerations
How Can You Protect Your Rights After a Car Accident in Illinois?
After a car accident, act quickly to protect your right to compensation and ensure you get the protection you deserve.
- Talk to a personal injury lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, as soon as possible. A personal injury lawyer can help break down your losses in the car accident and provide more information about your right to compensation. A lawyer can also ensure the insurance company does not exploit you.
- Avoid conversing with the insurance company yourself. Instead, let your lawyer handle those interactions to protect your rights.
- Make all medical appointments recommended to you, and follow the recommendations of your medical care provider. Do not brush off needed care or restrictions that could help protect against further injury.
- Keep a record of all medical bills you face due to your injuries. Your medical bills can climb higher than anticipated, and co-pays and deductibles often add up more than expected. Keep a record of all bills to include them in your claim.
- Document your struggles throughout the recovery process so that you can more clearly define the pain and suffering you faced for the benefit of your claim.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have the resources and skills to help you through the claim process. We provide our clients with the information they need to successfully manage those claims.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a Car Accident in Illinois
Insurance companies can make life difficult after a car accident.
- Offer you a settlement that does not include all the damages you suffered. You will often get that offer early after the initial incident, making it more challenging to determine how it compares to your actual losses.
- Deny liability for the accident, leaving you fighting to figure out what compensation you deserve.
- Ignore the extent of your injuries or deny that you suffered those injuries in the accident.
- Fight to establish that you did not need the medical treatments you claim as part of the accident, which could reduce the compensation the company offers you.
Dealing with a car accident claim on your own could cause you to fall prey to one of the tactics used by the insurance company to limit the compensation it has to pay out. By working with a car accident lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, on the other hand, you can receive the support you need to pursue fair compensation for your losses.
Illinois Car Accident FAQ
When Should I Contact a Lawyer After an Illinois Car Accident?
Illinois allows you to move forward with a personal injury claim up to two years after a car accident. However, that does not necessarily mean you should allow the clock to count down on the statute of limitations before moving forward. Get in touch with a lawyer as soon after your accident as possible so that you can identify liable parties, assess just compensation, and, if necessary, fight the insurance company for fair compensation for your losses.
What Happens if the Other Driver Will Not Admit Liability for a Car Accident in Illinois?
If the other driver does not admit liability for the car accident, you can still pursue the compensation you deserve. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we start a thorough investigation into all the details of the accident, including:
- Taking your statement
- Collecting information from any witnesses that saw the accident
- Looking for video footage
- Having an expert recreate the accident based on the damage to the two vehicles, if needed
Through our investigation, we can often uncover details that clearly show who bears liability for the accident, making it easier for us to put together a comprehensive injury claim.
What Can I Do if the Driver That Caused My Car Accident Does Not Have Insurance?
Getting into an accident with an uninsured driver can feel catastrophic. However, if you carry collision or comprehensive insurance, you may have coverage for the damages caused by the accident. Consult an attorney at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, to better understand your next steps and how you should manage a claim involving an uninsured driver.
You may also have the right to pursue compensation from another party that shares liability for the accident, like the driver's employer or the manufacturer of a vehicle that malfunctioned, leading to the accident.
Let Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, Help You Navigate Your Illinois Car Accident Claim
Do you need a lawyer to help you in the aftermath of an Illinois car accident? Let Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA help you navigate the claim process. We have the experience to provide extensive legal support as you determine how much compensation you deserve or fight to establish liability for your accident. Call us at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) or use our online contact form to contact us today.