San Jose's gorgeous weather and stunning scenery make it a popular vacation destination or a fantastic place to live. As you cruise down I-280 or head across Old Bayshore Highway, you may roll down the windows, enjoy the wind in your hair, and enjoy the view outside your window. Reach out to a San Jose car accident lawyer.
Unfortunately, the crunch of metal and the jolt of a car accident can derail your day and long-term plans. A car accident can mean serious injuries, which impose limitations not only on your physical mobility but on your finances, your ability to work, and your opportunity to engage in the hobbies you love.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we know the challenges and limitations that can follow after a serious car accident, and we strive to help our clients get the compensation they deserve when someone else's negligence causes an accident. Contact us for your free consultation.
Why Choose Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, for Your San Jose Car Accident?
Car accident injuries can change the course of your life. Depending on your injuries, you may face a long road to recovery, including high medical bills, a long time out of work, and more.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have a strong personal understanding of those limitations and challenges, and we strive to provide every client with a high level of support that can help them navigate the difficult road to compensation ahead.
We have a strong history of results from past car accident claims, including:
- $5,000,000 for a car accident that resulted in burns
- $3,850,000 for a car accident resulting in brain injury
- $3,200,000 for a semi-truck accident resulting in brain injury
- $1,875,000 for a car accident with disputed liability that caused a cervical fusion and brain injury
- $1,750,000 when a truck accident led to shoulder surgery and traumatic brain injury
While we cannot guarantee the results of your case, we can bring our team of award-winning attorneys, named the Best Lawyers of 2022 and the Top 100 Lawyers from National Trial Lawyers, to every claim we handle. As a result, our clients can feel confident that we will successfully navigate their claims.
We Understand Your Challenges
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have a strong personal understanding of the challenges you may face when dealing with a car accident. In fact, our firm's origin story begins with a serious car accident and a struggle for the family to recover the compensation it deserves. Now, we turn our experience toward helping others navigate similar challenges so that they can maximize the results of their injury claims.
We Fight for Your Rights
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we do not encourage our clients to accept a fast settlement offer, especially one that only partially fits their needs. Instead, we fight to maximize the results of every claim so that our clients can feel more confident about the overall outcome and their financial futures.
We Offer Affordable Legal Support
After a car accident, you should not worry about how to afford the legal support you need. We start with a free consultation to review your case and explain your rights. Then, we accept cases on a contingent fee basis, so you only have to pay if we help you recover compensation.
Do you need to file a San Jose, California, car accident claim? Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today.
Seeking Compensation After a San Jose Car Accident
If you suffered injuries in a San Jose car accident due to the negligence of another party, you likely have the right to compensation for those injuries. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, cannot guarantee how much compensation you will recover for your car accident injuries. However, we work with our clients to break down the damages they sustained and the compensation they have the right to ask for based on the terms of the policy.
Your medical costs will often serve as the foundation of your injury claim.
Car accidents often result in severe injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries, including everything from whiplash to herniated discs
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Severe cuts and lacerations
The more severe your injuries, the greater the medical costs you may face and the longer your road to recovery. Your lawyer can help you assess the full extent of those medical bills and calculate how to best include them in a comprehensive injury claim.
Losing out on income during your recovery can feel catastrophic. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we work with our clients to obtain compensation for the income they missed out on while recovering from car accident injuries, including income missed immediately after the accident and lowered income because the injured party had to miss work for follow-up appointments or therapy.
Pain and Suffering
Often, car insurance companies focus on your financial losses after the accident, failing to consider your non-economic losses. At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we understand the pain and suffering from car accident injuries: the loss of independence, the challenge of missing out on hobbies and activities, and even the frustration that accompanies a slow recovery process. We aim to help our clients seek compensation for those non-financial elements of recovery as well as the financial ones.
San Jose Car Accidents: What You Need to Know
San Jose has a Vision Zero plan to reduce car crashes throughout the city. However, each year, around 278 fatalities occur. Furthermore, more than 1,000 severe injuries occur in car crashes across San Jose annually, along with 4,000 moderate and 10,000 minor injuries. Those injuries can leave San Jose residents reeling as they decide what comes next and how to navigate the claim process.
California car accident victims have two years from the accident date to file an injury claim. If you allow more than two years to pass after the accident, the court may refuse to hear your claim, which means you may no longer recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
How Do San Jose Car Accidents Occur?
Car accidents in San Jose can occur for many reasons.
- Speeding. San Jose drivers may get lost in the beautiful scenery and fantastic weather, causing them to inadvertently increase their speeds. Drivers may also speed because they get in a hurry or want to make up time after getting stuck in rush hour. However, speeding can increase the risk of an accident and cause more severe injuries.
- Driver distraction. Distracted drivers cannot pay adequate attention to the road or what occurs around them, which means they may end up causing severe injuries.
- Driver intoxication. Drunk drivers cannot safely control their vehicles, which often results in accidents with severe injuries.
- Ignoring the rules of the road. From running a red light to ignoring traffic signs, drivers who ignore the rules of the road can cause severe accidents with substantial injury.
- Aggressive driving. Aggressive drivers can cause serious injury to everyone around them as they behave unpredictably and recklessly out on the road.
When someone else's negligence leads to an accident, the injured party typically can pursue compensation through that driver's insurance company.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a San Jose Car Accident
Dealing with the insurance company after a San Jose car accident can pose one of the greatest challenges as you navigate a car accident claim. Insurance companies often fight to reduce the compensation they pay for an accident, even when dealing with severe injuries and significant financial losses.
- Issue low settlement offers
- Try to deny the extent of your injuries
- Dispute liability
- Ignore your non-financial losses
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we have the resources to take on even the big names in car insurance. Let us handle that fight on your behalf so you can focus on your recovery.
San Jose Car Accident FAQs
How can I protect myself after a car accident in San Jose?
You must report the accident to the police and seek medical attention for injuries. However, protecting yourself after a San Jose car accident does not end there.
To prevent you from missing out on the full compensation you deserve:
- Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, immediately after the accident. Our team of experienced lawyers can help you learn about your right to compensation and how you can fight for it in the aftermath of an accident.
- Follow the instructions issued by your medical care provider, even if they feel inconvenient. Do not engage in activities your care provider recommends that you avoid to reduce the risk of further injury or skip needed medical appointments. Instead, focus on maximizing your recovery so the insurance company cannot claim that you interfered with your recovery process.
- Keep track of all of your medical costs. Note copays and deductibles. Keep receipts and bills. Your medical costs can grow exponentially after a car accident, and you may need to show evidence of those bills to seek compensation for your injuries later.
- Let your lawyer take care of speaking with the insurance company for you. Conversations with the insurance company can quickly grow frustrating and may result in you falling into a trap set by an insurance agent. A lawyer can help you avoid those challenges.
Should I accept the settlement offer the insurance company gave me after my car accident in San Jose?
A settlement offer from the insurance company may initially seem like a relief. However, insurance companies often start with a very low offer, which the agent may pressure you to accept.
Instead of accepting an offer that does not fit your needs, ask our car accident lawyers to review your claim and give you a better idea of the compensation you deserve. You do not have to accept a car accident settlement offer that does not reflect your needs. We can protect your rights.
Can I file a car accident claim even if I did not seek medical care right after my San Jose car accident?
Many car accident injuries will not show up immediately after the accident. In fact, you may not realize the full extent of your injuries until days or even weeks later.
You may file a car accident claim even if you did not seek medical care immediately after the car accident. However, it can prove more challenging to establish precisely when your injuries occurred, so contact a lawyer to learn more about what evidence you need to establish your right to compensation and how you can protect yourself.
Contact a San Jose Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you suffered serious injuries in a San Jose car accident, Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can help you learn more about your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation and start the claim process. Reach out to a personal injury lawyer.
The Dolman Law Group works with local counsel in any jurisdiction outside Florida for the purpose of filing lawsuits in jurisdictions wherein we are not licensed. Thus, we will follow each State's ethical rules to ensure a local attorney is involved.