Steps to Take After a Car AccidentAfter suffering an injury in a car accident, it's important to understand your legal rights. Having lower back pain following an auto accident is common—especially if you were a pedestrian. But what should you do first when these accidents happen? We'll walk you through some important steps.
- Call 911 or the local police non-emergency number. Their report can act as evidence in your case.
- Ask for medical attention immediately after an accident, even if your injuries do not seem severe.
- Take pictures and video at the scene, or ask witnesses to take pictures if you're too injured.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Write down everything you can remember from the accident.
- Keep track of documents, records, and receipts related to the crash.
- Consider hiring a personal injury lawyer who can help you file your compensation claim and fight for your rights to compensation.
- Continue working with your doctor and following their recommended treatment plan for your injuries.
Lower Back Injuries You May Suffer in a Car AccidentMany lower back injuries can occur in a car accident. You may experience:
- Fractured vertebrae
- Herniated discs
- Sprains, strains, or tears in muscles, tendons, or ligaments
- Spinal joint injuries
- Nerve damage
- Muscle spasms
- Spinal cord injuries
Damages You May Claim After Your AccidentLower back pain can be debilitating. It may leave you unable to work or perform regular activities around your home. Victims often experience financial problems because they can no longer earn income. Many also find they need assistance with costs related to their recovery processes, such as:
- Hospital bills
- Physical therapy
- Mental health therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Primary care visits
- Casts, crutches, or prosthetics
- Prescription pain medication
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?Many victims choose not to pursue a claim because they're worried about upfront legal fees. However, we understand the financial burden you may be facing right now. That's why we work on a contingency-fee-basis at Dolman Law Group. This means you pay your legal fees directly from your settlement amount. We don't require any money upfront, and we'll agree on the percentage we'll take from your award in advance. If we don't win or settle your case, you don't have to pay anything. We take on the risk, so you don't have to—that's how confident we are in our team.
Seeking Compensation After an Injury AccidentAt our firm, we've seen car accidents from every angle. Although some injuries are more easily treated than others, other conditions can develop later or worsen over time. While no amount of money can make up for pain caused by someone else's negligence, getting a settlement can take away some of that stress and help pay your medical bills. Here's how our attorneys can help:
- Visit the accident scene and collect evidence
- Request copies of the police report
- Review medical records and speak with expert witnesses
- Handle communication with the insurance company
- Prepare and file documents
- Negotiate your settlement or represent your claim in court