Workers’ compensation insurance protects workers who are injured while they’re on the job. It provides payment for medical bills and lost wages suffered by the injured party as a result of their accidents. Not all workers’ compensation cases proceed smoothly. If you’re struggling to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries, contact our Fort Lauderdale Workers Compensation Lawyers at Dolman Law Group online today or call (754) 208-1130 to schedule your free consultation, and learn more about your legal rights.
We Fight Hard for Our Clients
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we provide fierce legal representation throughout a difficult part of your life. We have worked on many personal injury cases, including workers’ compensation cases, to obtain the settlements and judgments our clients deserve. In the courtroom and out, we provide fierce representation with clear attention to all of the details of our workers’ comp cases. In many cases, we have obtained settlements and verdicts totaling in the millions of dollars for our clients, depending on the circumstances of their injuries. What is your workers’ compensation claim really worth? While each case is unique and past results can’t guarantee future outcomes, by working with us, you can develop a better understanding of exactly what compensation you deserve for your injuries.
What Does Workers’ Compensation Cover?
Any injury that occurs at work, whether it’s a slip and fall accident in an office setting or a traumatic brain injury on a construction site, typically falls under the heading of workers’ compensation. Injuries may include:
- Sprains, strains, and soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Broken bones
- Permanent disabling injuries
- Crushing injuries from heavy equipment
Fort Lauderdale Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Who Is Responsible for Injuries at Work?
If you’re injured at work, workers’ compensation insurance, carried by your employer, is designed to take on the financial burden associated with those injuries. In some cases, the negligence of another contractor, or the negligence or deliberate malice of a customer at your workplace, may also lead to partial responsibility in your accident. Work closely with an attorney through the legal process to identify the responsible person or entity.
For a free legal consultation with a workers’ compensation lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, call 833-552-7274
What Damages Can I Recover After an Injury at Work?
When you’re injured at work, workers’ compensation insurance should kick in. Workers’ compensation is designed to cover:
- Medical bills associated with your injury. Workers’ compensation will cover your initial medical expenses, including a necessary ambulance ride as well as the cost of hospitalization and other medical care. Payment will continue as your injuries continue to improve. If you expect a need for long-term medical care associated with your injury, your settlement may include funds to pay for it
- A portion of your income while you’re off work. Workers’ compensation is designed to provide a percentage of your income while you’re unable to work. This is typically not the full amount of your wages.
In some cases, you may experience long-term damage as a result of your injuries, which can permanently damage your ability to work and your quality of life.
When Does Workers’ Compensation Insurance Not Cover?
When you’re injured on the job, getting a workers’ compensation policy to pay out is not always an easy task. Workers’ compensation insurance may attempt to decrease liability for your claim by:
- Attempting to establish that your injuries are not as severe as you claim. In many cases, workers’ compensation will work only with specific doctors that it recommends. These doctors will assess your injuries, but may not indicate fairly what you are capable of doing after your injuries. If you believe that you were diagnosed unfairly or that your injuries are more severe than the insurance company’s doctors claim, you have the right to a second opinion.
- Trying to convince you to return to work too soon. As you negotiate with workers’ compensation, you may notice that they are trying to convince you to return to work—with or without modifications for your injuries—sooner than you are able. When you return to work, however, workers’ comp no longer has to pay you for income replacement.
- Offering a low settlement offer. If you were seriously injured and are out of work long-term—or, worse, you were permanently injured and may not ever return to work in the same capacity following your injuries—workers’ compensation may offer you lump sum settlement offer. It may seem like a lot of money, but usually it’s for significantly less than the cost of treating your injuries and replacing your lost income.
If you believe that workers’ compensation is trying to get out of paying you what you need to treat your injuries, hire an attorney to represent you, establish the extent of your injuries, and obtain the compensation you’re really owed.
Get the Legal Representation You Deserve After Your Work Injury
After an injury at work, funds are tight. You aren’t able to go to work, and your medical expenses are adding up fast. At Dolman Law Group, we believe in providing the representation our clients deserve without placing a heavy financial burden on them. When you contact us, we’ll set up a free consultation to discuss your injury and your rights under workers’ compensation. In some cases, we’re able to accept clients on a contingent fee basis, which means that our fees come out of the amount of any judgment or settlement, rather than up front. This often makes legal representation more affordable for clients who are already in sticky financial situations. If you were injured at work, don’t wait to get the representation you need. Contact Dolman Law Group online today, or call our office at (754) 208-1130 to set up your free consultation.
Fort Lauderdale Office
150 E Davie Blvd Suite 201-2
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Phone: (754) 208-1130
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“This firm is amazing! Very professional, they helped me with my case until the end. They were available and very flexible. Dolman Law Group would answer all my calls/emails and wouldn’t hesitate on explaining all of my concerns. They represented me on my case, in which it turned out to have a successful result. Super recommend them!” Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Thiara Bandeira June 2018 Read more reviews on Google!