Table Of Contents
- The Dolman Law GroupâAbout Our Legal Team
- What Makes a Strong Personal Injury Claim in Davie?
- Common Personal Injury Cases that Arise in Davie
- Common Harm Stemming From a Davie Personal Injury Accident
- The Financial Damages You Can Pursue Following a Davie Personal Injury Accident
- Local Issues That Can Affect Your Davie Personal Injury Case
- Should You Take on the Insurance Company Alone?
- Protect Your Legal Rights After a Davie Personal Injury Accident
- Davie Personal Injury FAQs
- Contact a Davie Personal Injury Lawyer Today
The Dolman Law Group—About Our Legal TeamAlthough the Dolman Law Group is known as Florida's law firm, we are also a national one, serving clients all over the country. Our reputation has spread outside the state because our attorneys are known for getting results while still providing clients with the legal assistance and services they deserve. As a result of these actions, we have secured millions of dollars for our clients through negotiations and verdicts, including the following recent judgments:
- $6,700,000 for a wrongful death accident
- $5,000,000 for a car crash resulting in burn injuries
- $3,850,000 for a semi-truck accident
- $1,580,000 for an auto-accident
What Makes a Strong Personal Injury Claim in Davie?Personal injury is a legal term used to define a case involving harm to a person's physical or emotional wellness. While these cases are often due to a person's negligence, they can also result from reckless or intentional actions. However, to hold these parties liable for their actions, the victim of the accident needs to prove the wrongful party was at fault for their harm, calculate the full extent of their damages, and figure out the compensation they can pursue.
<iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wogqkBjeifY?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen title="How We Get Superior Results At Sibley Dolman Gipe Accident Injury Lawyers, P.A."></iframe>
Common Personal Injury Cases that Arise in DavieWhen it comes to a personal injury claim, these cases involve various situations. Yet, in Davie, some of the more common causes of these lawsuits include:
- Automobile accidents
- Trucking collisions
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Childbirth injuries
- Accidents involving pedestrians
- Premises liability accidents
- Product liability accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bite accidents
Common Harm Stemming From a Davie Personal Injury AccidentSuffering harm in a Davie personal injury accident can include various injuries, ranging from head trauma to broken bones. However, typically, these injuries tend to include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Fractured bones
- Facial trauma
- Eye injuries
- Severe burns
- Internal damage
- Internal bleeding
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Knee injuries and ofter soft tissue trauma
The Financial Damages You Can Pursue Following a Davie Personal Injury AccidentSuppose you endured significant injuries in a Davie personal injury accident due to another person's wrongful actions. In that case, you might be able to pursue certain types of compensation for the losses you suffered. While this compensation can include several different monetary damages, generally, it will be split into the following categories:
Economic DamagesThese damages tend to refer to payment for the actual losses that result from the accident, such as:
- Medical fees resulting from the injuries, including doctor visits, surgeries, rehabilitative therapy, assistive medical devices, mobility devices, prescription medications, and other medical treatments
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity
- Loss of personal property or damage to it
- Caregiving expenses
- Mileage to and from doctor appointments
Non-Economic DamagesIn comparison, these damages pay for the intangible ways these victims suffer because of an accident, including:
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- The inconvenience of living with limitations and injuries
- Damage to reputation
Local Issues That Can Affect Your Davie Personal Injury CaseWhile a personal injury accident can occur anywhere in Davie, these accidents are more likely to arise on dangerous roadways or hazardous intersections, including;
- Sunrise Boulevard and Andrews Avenue
- Davie Road
- Sunrise Boulevard by FEC Railroad
- Northwest 31st Avenue and Sunrise Boulevard
The Statute of Limitations to Bring a Lawsuit Following a Personal Injury Accident in DavieAnother issue that individuals should pay attention to following a personal injury accident in Davie is the time they have to take legal action. According to the statute of limitations, victims of a Davie personal injury accident have only four years to file a suit from the date of their accident. If they do not file within this period, they can be stopped from obtaining the money they need to cover their losses and injuries. However, depending on the circumstances of the accident, exceptions may apply, which can impact this deadline by either shortening or extending it. Consequently, if you want to make sure your case is filed before time runs out, you may want to go over your case with an experienced Davie personal injury attorney, like those from the Dolman Law Group, as soon as possible. These lawyers can help you figure out the amount of time you have to pursue your lawsuit, and if needed, they can handle this process for you, making sure your documents and motions are prepared and submitted before this time expires.
Should You Take on the Insurance Company Alone?Following a personal injury accident, it is common for the insurance company to get involved. And while this may seem like a good thing, in truth, the insurance company will try to do everything they can to stop you from getting the compensation you deserve. Why? Because the insurance company gets paid when you do not get the money you need. As a result, insurance companies will do whatever they can to decrease or deny your claim after an accident. To do this, they may try to confuse you with loads of complicated paperwork, try to hold up your claim, so you give up and take the first offer you receive, or deny your case without a just basis leaving you struggling trying to figure out what to do next. Fortunately, with a knowledgeable Davie personal injury attorney from Dolman Law Group on your side, you will not have to take on these adjusters alone. Our lawyers can take over all your discussions with the insurance company, which can help you avoid doing or saying something that can hurt your case. They can also make sure that any settlement offer you receive from the insurer is fair to you and your needs. They can return to the insurance company and fight for more money if it is not.
Protect Your Legal Rights After a Davie Personal Injury AccidentMake your first concern getting the care you need after a personal injury accident, then take other steps. These actions can protect not only your health and safety but your legal rights. For these reasons, after a Davie personal injury accident:
Get to a DoctorEven if your injuries appear minor, you still want to get to a doctor and get examined. These medical professionals can make sure you do not have a severe injury that has not yet manifested, such as a spinal cord injury, as well as offer you a medical report that can provide your attorney with evidence of a direct connection between your personal injury accident and the harm you suffered.
Call the AuthoritiesDepending on the circumstances, you may need to call 911. This will alert medical personnel of your injuries and get your incident on record. Once the police get to the scene, they can perform their preliminary investigation and prepare an accident report detailing their findings. Your lawyer can then use this report to help them figure out what happened and who was at fault for the injuries and losses you endured.
Gather EvidenceTake as many photos and videos of the accident scene as possible, including pictures of the hazardous condition that caused your accident, the cars involved (if there were any), your visible trauma, the weather conditions at the time of the incident, and anything else that can help show what happened.
Watch What You Say and What You PostOne thing you need to avoid doing after the accident is saying too much about the incident or saying the wrong thing. This means you want to make sure you do not use statements such as “I am sorry” or “It was my fault,” as these comments can be used by the other party against you to reduce the compensation you can obtain. Along the same lines, you will also want to avoid posting anything about the incident online or on your social media accounts, as this will just create a trail of evidence the other side can use against you.
Keep Documentation and Provide Them To Your LawyerIn addition to obtaining the police and medical report, you will also want to keep track of receipts and bills related to the incident and the harm you sustained. These bills and documents can help your attorney understand the total extent of your damages. They can use this evidence to prepare the most convincing legal case on your behalf as they go after the financial damages you need.
Davie Personal Injury FAQsTo help clarify some of the misconceptions and confusion surrounding a personal injury case in Davie, we have prepared responses to some of the following frequently asked questions our clients often have after a devastating personal injury accident. We hope with the below answers, we can clear up some of the hesitations you may have and help you figure out the legal actions you should take next.
1. How Do You Know if You Have a Valid Injury Claim Following a Davie Personal Injury Accident?Just because you were injured in a Davie accident does not mean you automatically have a valid personal injury claim you can pursue. To determine whether you have a viable claim, you should discuss the incident with an experienced Davie personal injury attorney. These lawyers can review your case in detail and tell you whether or not you can take any legal action. But, generally, to have a viable claim, you would need to show that another party was responsible for your harm and losses, their wrongful actions caused these injuries, and you suffered significant financial damages as a result. However, due to the complexities often involved with proving that another party was responsible for your accident, it is recommended that you consult with a legal professional before making any decisions about your case.
2. How Much Is My Davie Personal Injury Case Worth?The answer to this concern will often depend on factors unique to the accident in question. Consequently, no lawyer can guarantee someone that they will win their case or receive a particular amount of money following their accident. Take, for instance, the following factors that can impact your case's worth:
- The severity and longevity of the trauma you suffered
- The insurance companies that are involved in the case and the amount of the policy
- The amount of personal assets the at-fault party has
- The specific details surrounding the incident
- The wrongful party's culpability
- The severity of your pain and suffering
- The need for certain services that were not required before the accident, such as child care help
3. How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Davie Personal Injury Attorney?In general, a personal injury lawyer, such as those from the Dolman Law Group, works on a contingency fee basis, meaning that they do not collect upfront fees, and you will not have to pay them until you receive a settlement or win your case. If you are successful in your claim, the lawyer will typically take a percentage of these winnings based on an agreed-upon amount. This percentage will usually depend on the specifics of the case in question, including whether the case goes to trial. However, if you want to understand these fees in more detail, it is recommended you speak with a personal injury attorney about your case and make sure that everyone is on the same page regarding the expenses and costs involved.
4. How Long Will It Take to Settle a Davie Personal Injury Claim?Unfortunately, there are no set timelines for how long a personal injury claim will take to resolve. In fact, due to the unique details of each case, it can be incredibly challenging to predict the length of a personal injury case. While most personal injury claims will settle outside the courtroom, some may proceed to trial, especially if the insurance company is unwilling to negotiate fairly or your attorney feels you deserve more money than the other side is ready to offer. Consequently, depending on these circumstances, it can take these cases anywhere from weeks to years to finish up. Thankfully, having an experienced Davie personal injury attorney fighting for your rights can speed up this lengthy process and help you go after the maximum financial damages you are entitled to.
5. Could a Pre-Existing Injury or Condition Impact Your Davie Personal Injury Claim?Even if you have a pre-existing medical condition, you can still pursue monetary damages against the wrongful party that caused you harm. Just know that these cases may be more challenging to win, as the other side or their insurance company will try to deny or reduce your settlement amount due to these pre-existing conditions and blame these conditions for the pain and suffering you are going through. Working with an experienced Davie personal injury attorney is essential in these instances. These lawyers can help advocate on your behalf, counter the arguments that the other side tries to present against you, and go after the justice and compensation you deserve.
6. Should You Accept the First Offer You Receive From the Insurance Company After Your Accident?As you should gather by now, the insurance company is not here to help you. Instead, they are an institution looking to make a profit. One way they achieve this goal is by providing low settlement offers when people are most vulnerable. Insurance companies often make a low offer after an accident, hoping the victim will take this money without verifying whether it covers all current and future expenses. However, typically, this amount is so meager that it will not provide you with anything close to what you need. Worse yet, if you accept it, you will not be able to go back to the insurance company and ask for more compensation down the road. That is why it is so critical that you verify whether the settlement offer you received is fair before you accept it, such as by discussing it with an experienced Davie personal injury attorney. For instance, at the Dolman Law Group, our skilled lawyers can review your settlement offer's terms and determine if it is a just offer. Then, if the amount does not cover all of your expenses, we can head back to the negotiation table and fight for an amount that does.
7. What Does It Mean if the Other Individual Or Party Was Negligent Following a Davie Personal Injury Accident?Negligence is often defined as a failure to exercise an appropriate level of care that a reasonable person would have under the same or similar circumstances. Although this behavior often results from actions, it can also result from inaction when someone has a duty to act and failed to do so. Consequently, if you believe you were harmed because of another person's negligence in a Davie accident, you may consider discussing the incident with a knowledgeable Davie personal injury attorney. These legal professionals can review your accident's details, determine if another party's negligence caused your harm and losses, and help you determine what you should do next under these circumstances.
8. What Happens If You Lost a Loved One Due to a Personal Injury Accident in Davie?If you lost a family member following a personal injury accident in Davie, we know that no amount will ever help you genuinely erase the pain and suffering you are going through during this horrifying time in your life. However, we also know that obtaining fair compensation can help give you and your family the peace of mind that justice has been served and provide you with the funds necessary to take care of your family. In Davie, to obtain this compensation, you would first need to bring a wrongful death claim, which is a civil suit that allows you to recover damages for everything you endured after the loss of a loved one due to the wrongful actions of another. If the claim is successful, the court will allow the following damages to be paid:
Compensation to the FamilyThese damages refer to payment to the family for:
- Loss of companionship, guidance, and protection
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of support
- Funeral, medical, and burial expenses paid by the family members
Compensation to the EstateIn addition, the estate can also recover compensation for:
- Lost accumulated estate value
- Medical and funeral expenses paid for by the estate
- Lost benefits and wages from the date of the injury to the decedent's death
9. Who Pays for the Medical Bills Before a Settlement Is Reached Following a Davie Personal Injury Accident?One of the main concerns people have after an accident is how they will be able to support themselves if they cannot work due to their injuries or how they will cover all their losses and medical bills if they do not have the settlement money they need. Yet, while the answer to this question will depend on the circumstances, in general, following a Davie motor vehicle accident, personal injury protection can help you cover some of these losses. Otherwise, you will have to rely on your health insurance or other medical coverage to cover all these medical bills and fees before you receive a settlement. If you do not have any of this insurance and cannot afford to pay your bills, you can discuss this situation with a Davie personal injury lawyer. These attorneys may have other options to try to get your bills paid while you wait for your settlement to go through. They can also assist you as you go after the maximum amount of compensation you need to make sure all your losses and expenses are covered now and in the future.
10. How Can the Dolman Law Group Help You Go After the Money You Need Following a Davie Personal Injury Accident?If you or a loved one sustained severe injuries in a Davie personal injury accident, now is the time to act. Thankfully, this does not mean you have to start analyzing legal statutes or preparing convincing legal arguments to prove your case. When you retain an experienced Davie personal injury accident attorney, like those from the Dolman Law Group, these skilled lawyers can take on this legal battle for you and begin to fight for your rights and the outcome you need. To do this, our attorneys can:
- Analyze your case, determine if you have a valid legal claim, and help select the legal action you can take.
- Pursue evidence that can prove what happened, who was at fault, and the extent of your damages.
- Hire experts to help validate your case, including doctors, engineers, economists, and accident specialists.
- Determine who caused your accident and hold all these parties answerable for everything you went through.
- Pursue the compensation you deserve through settlement negotiations.
- Take your case to trial if settlement negotiations go south and fight vigorously for maximum financial recovery.