Motorcycle Accidents in Cape Coral
Cape Coral offers several areas where you can take your motorcycle and see amazing sites. Whether exploring the various areas where you can participate in wildlife viewing or simply hitting the road for a ride, there is something for every motorcycle operator.
However, you could face dangerous roads and drivers that could make you one of the victims of the motorcycle accidents that occur all too frequently in Cape Coral.
If you have traveled along the Veterans Memorial Parkway, Santa Barbara Boulevard, Coronado Parkway, or Cape Coral Parkway, you no doubt have seen numerous accidents. If you are one of the unfortunate victims of one of these accidents, you are likely dealing with a serious injury. You may need help from a Cape Coral motorcycle accident lawyer.
Motorcycles are fun, they help you feel free from the burdens you face daily, but when you have been in an accident, they offer little protection, meaning you are now facing a long road to recovery. The road to recovery is bumpy, and it helps to know that you have someone working on your behalf to help you hold the person responsible for your injury accountable for their negligence. That is where Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, come in.
Table of Contents
- Why Hire Dolman Law Group
- Understanding Motorcycle Accident Compensation Claims
- Injuries Following all Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Cape Coral
- Insurance Claims and Motorcycle Accidents
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
- Contact a Cape Coral Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Hire Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
Your primary focus must be on your recovery. You have a long road ahead of you, and we can help you through this difficult time. While you focus on regaining your physical strength, we can remove the stress of dealing with complicated claims, handling negotiations with the responsible parties, and gathering the required evidence to support your claim.
We have the experience you need when fighting back against an insurer who does not want to pay an accident injury claim. That is what sets us apart from other accident injury law firms. Our award-winning personal injury attorneys have a history of serving as strong advocates for injury victims, and we have a proven track record of success.
Some of our recent case results involving Florida motorcycle accidents include:
- $1.4 million settlement – motorcycle accident resulting in multiple serious injuries
- $1 million – Motorcycle accident caused a traumatic brain injury
- $750,000 – Subdural hematoma along with a rotator cuff shoulder injury
Our past successes do not mean we will have this level of success with every motorcycle accident case we pursue. However, what is more, valuable to potential clients is having the knowledge that we know how to get settlements for our clients.
No matter where your motorcycle accident occurred, do not wait. Call Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, to get the help you need today for your free accident evaluation.
Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA
You deserve justice if you have suffered an injury in a Cape Coral motorcycle accident. We provide our services on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not pay us legal fees unless we win your case. There is no risk to you in taking advantage of our free case evaluation and learning more about your legal options.
Call our offices today for your free accident evaluation. We can meet you at whichever office is convenient for you, or we can conduct a virtual interview if that works best to meet your needs.
Understanding Motorcycle Accident Compensation Claims
Every motorcycle accident victim tends to ask questions about how much they can expect to receive in compensation for their accident claim.
Some factors that can affect compensation claims include:
- Severity of injuries
- Insurance limits of the responsible party
- Duration of recovery
- How clear is the proof of liability
These are only a few of the factors which have to be taken into consideration when filing a claim.
Cape Coral motorcycle accident victims can ask for:
- Medical expenses related to the injury – From the minute you are removed from the accident scene, your medical expenses start mounting up because of a motorcycle accident. Whether your injuries require one visit to a doctor a month until you have fully recovered, or you are facing a lifetime of medical expenses due to the injury, you should not have to bear these costs on your own.
- Lost wages and benefits – Even if you have the right to collect disability payments while you are recovering from your injuries, it will not make up for your entire normal pay. Any lost wages or benefits you suffer while recovering can be included in your claim.
- Other expenses due to injury – When someone is injured, they often cannot handle normal activities such as bringing their children to school or keeping up with yard work and other household tasks. When you must hire someone to do these tasks for you, you can include these expenses in your claim.
We carefully review every client’s unique circumstance at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA. We explore every possible avenue available to ensure that Cape Coral motorcycle accident victims are not taken advantage of by a big insurance company. We are small enough to provide the individualized service you need and large enough to fight back against insurers.
Cape Coral Beautiful but Hazardous for Motorcyclists
Cape Coral enjoys more than 350 days of warm, sunny weather every year. The area is full of open spaces where you can walk, hike, and bike. Motorcyclists are everywhere. Florida has the second-highest number of registered motorcycles in the United States. Given the population over 18 in Cape Coral, it is hard to imagine that we do not have several hundred motorcyclists among the more than 200,000 residents.
Many accidents occur on these five roads in Cape Coral:
- Veterans Memorial Parkway and Santa Barbara Boulevard – One of the most heavily congested roadways in Cape Coral
- Coronado Parkway and Cape Coral Parkway – An intersection where there are numerous stores and retail outlets
- Hancock Bridge Parkway and Santa Barbara – Where nearly 30 crashes occurred in one recent year
- Santa Barbara and Pine Island Road – Tons of small facilities and a car dealership
- Country Club Boulevard and Veterans Parkway – Where more than 100,000 vehicles pass daily
These roadways are dangerous to cars and could factor in many motorcycle accidents. Unfortunately, we do not have access to complete data on individual motorcycle wrecks in Cape Coral but what we do know is that across Lee County, there were more than 350 motorcycle accidents in the most recent year data is available. This is a staggering number of accidents. If you are one of the more than 300 victims who suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident in the Cape Coral area, Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA is here to help.
Injuries Following all Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Cape Coral
Motorcycle operators are at a disadvantage when a motor vehicle strikes them. While the car’s frame surrounds the driver of a car, motorcycle operators’ only protection is the gear they are wearing and their helmets. This often means that even a low-speed collision can result in serious injuries.
Some of the most common types of injuries we have seen in motorcycle accident victims include:
- Head and neck injuries
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Broken and crushed bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Road rash injuries and infections
- Internal injuries
This is by no means a complete list, but these are the most common injuries a Cape Coral accident victim can suffer.
Some of the types of accidents which can cause a motorcyclist injury include:
- Dooring accidents – A car driver parks in a legal parking spot and throws open their door, without looking, into the path of a motorcycle. This throws the motorcyclist off their bike.
- Blind spot accidents – Motorcycles take up less room on the roadway, and often, drivers in cars and trucks do not see them because they are in a blind spot. These accidents often result in serious injury because the car or truck may move faster than in other accidents. Motorcyclists can be thrown or dragged for several feet.
- Turning accidents – Motor vehicle operators who are not paying attention when making a turn can pose unique threats to motorcyclists. A bad turning maneuver can toss a motorcyclist from their bike, resulting in the bike landing on the operator, causing serious internal injuries.
No two accidents are the same. Several circumstances can result in a motorcycle accident, including a driver who is simply not paying attention and running a red light or a driver who is under the influence. These drivers make the roads dangerous for everyone and even more dangerous for motorcycle operators.
Cape Coral Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Insurance Claims and Motorcycle Accidents in Cape Coral
Every motor vehicle operator, including motorcycle operators, must maintain insurance coverage. However, the similarity when it comes to insurance ends there. Florida vehicle operators use a no-fault system.
If they are in an accident, their first step is to file a claim with their own insurer.
This is not the case for those who operate motorcycles. Florida will require a motorcycle operator to prove that another party was liable for their injury after being involved in a Cape Coral motorcycle accident. That has to happen even before opening an insurance claim.
Liability entails three elements:
- The person owed another person a duty of care
- They breached the duty of care
- The victim suffered a loss because of the breach
These elements are typically fairly easy to prove, but this does not make the insurance claim process any easier. Insurance companies do not like to pay claims because it impacts their profits.
Some of the issues you could encounter if you attempted to file the claim on your own include:
- Denial of claim – Because of the no-fault statutes, the insurer may opt to deny your claim outright and suggest their client is not liable for your losses.
- Adjuster delays – The insurance adjuster may simply “go dark” and not respond to your claim after an initial review of the claim.
- Document flood – Insurance company adjusters will likely flood you with paperwork initially in the hopes that you will sign something that allows them to minimize the amount of the claim they will ultimately pay.
These are a few of the reasons why you need an experienced motorcycle accident attorney who will fight for your rights. Every Cape Coral motorcycle accident lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, has experience dealing with reluctant insurance adjusters. Our experience can help you overcome some of the challenges you will likely face with your motorcycle accident injury claim.
You are not alone—we will work with you until we get you the compensation you are entitled to for your injuries. No accident victim should face financial challenges because they suffered an injury. After all, another party was negligent.
Regaining Control Following a Cape Coral Motorcycle Accident
It is easy to feel like your path forward is out of your control. This is not the case because there are several things you can do that are positive steps that will help your claim.
Some of the things you can do after your initial medical treatment include:
- Document what you remember about the accident
- Keeping all doctor’s appointments
- Following all instructions from your medical team
- Making copies of all your medical bills
- Tracking your daily progress and setbacks, including pain levels
- Keeping track of any events you may miss out on because of your injuries
- Obtaining copies of your accident report
Each of these items should be shared with your legal team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, because it will help them develop a more comprehensive claim for your injuries. Remember, the better the documentation, the easier it is to justify your compensation claim.
Contact Us for Help With Your Motorcycle Accident Claim
We have offices conveniently located along both coasts of Florida and are committed to helping all accident victims. If you suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident and are uncertain about your legal rights and options, call us at (727) 451-6900 or fill out our convenient online contact form and set up an appointment for a free accident evaluation. We can meet you at whichever office is convenient for you, or we can conduct a virtual interview if that best meets your needs.
Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Motorcycle Accident Injury Claim?
- Florida is a no-fault insurance state – Even if you have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage on a car in your household, you cannot use no-fault coverage when you are in a motorcycle collision.
- Motorcycle accident claims are complicated – One or more parties may be responsible for the injuries you suffered. Until a lawyer evaluates the circumstances of the individual accident, it is impossible to tell you who may be liable for your injuries.
- Your recovery plays a role in your claim – The point of maximum medical recovery is when it is best to file your accident claim so that your attorney understands the future potential losses you could be facing.
These are some of the most common reasons you should consider hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer. Since an initial consultation is free of charge and will allow you the opportunity to learn about your legal options, you should call us as soon after your accident as possible.
What Is Needed to Prove Liability Following Motorcycle Accidents?
Liability lies at the heart of every personal injury case. This is especially true when dealing with a traffic accident, given Florida’s rules.
To prove liability, there are several things your attorney can use, including:
- Traffic camera footage, if available
- Your statement and witness statements
- Police accident reports
- Witness statements
- Proof of your injury treatments following the accident
Across the Cape Coral area, there were more than 350 motorcycle accidents. More than 300 people suffered injuries as a result of these accidents. Every motorcycle accident victim has the right to file a claim against the liable party. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, is committed to helping Cape Coral motorcycle accident victims get the justice they deserve.
How Are Motorcycle Accidents Investigated in Cape Coral?
When a motorcycle accident occurs on an interstate highway, the chances are that Florida Highway Patrol will handle the investigation. When the accident occurs locally, the police department will handle most of the investigation.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we will work hard to represent you, regardless of who takes charge of the motorcycle accident investigation. We know how to work with local law enforcement agencies and ensure that all accident reports are accurate.
How Much Can I Collect For My Injuries After a Motorcycle Accident?
Some of the most common compensation in a motorcycle accident injury claim
- Current and future medical expenses
- Current wage loss and future earning capacity losses
- Emotional distress because of the injury
- Pain and suffering
We have a team of experienced motorcycle accident lawyers at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA. When you meet with us, we can work together to determine what other economic and non-economic losses to include in your claim.
What Responsibilities Do I Have For Reporting to My Insurance Company?
It is always good practice to report the accident to your insurer whenever you are in an accident. This practice also establishes a paper trail if another driver’s insurer contacts your insurance company. You should only advise them you were in an accident, tell them the date, time, and location, and provide the other driver’s information. If collision insurance covers your motorcycle, you may hear from an adjuster to settle that portion of your claim.
Can I Negotiate With the Insurance Company on My Own?
Technically you could, but it isn’t a good idea. Remember that insurance companies maintain a staff of attorneys to help them navigate claims. Insurers collect premiums from clients just like you every day. This generates their profits. When they have to pay a claim, it diminishes their profits, meaning they will do everything possible to pay as little as possible.
Do not be deceived by the friendly insurance adjuster working your case. Their goal is to ensure their employer, the insurance company, has every opportunity to reduce their liability.
Most accident victims will benefit from having a lawyer advocating on their behalf because it allows them to have a voice in the settlement process. Remember, a lawyer with experience handling motorcycle accident cases has a reputation among insurers.
They know when you work with someone like the team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, that you mean business and that you will not back down from your claim. They know you are fully aware of your rights because you have an experienced lawyer on your side of the table.
What Is the Average Time to Get a Motorcycle Accident Settlement?
Several factors play a role in reaching a final settlement. Sometimes, the time to reach an agreement is affected by your recovery from your injuries. The last thing you want to do is finalize a settlement before you reach the point of maximum medical improvement. Florida statutes define this as the point at which further medical care will not result in a person’s physical condition further improving.
Another factor that could play a role is the willingness of the insurance company to negotiate and make counteroffers. We know from experience that the first offer is seldom the best offer for settlement and that negotiations can take time.
When you cannot obtain a satisfactory settlement through negotiation, you may need to file a lawsuit, which could extend the time needed to settle. Your attorney from Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can discuss your specific case with you and help you understand the process of settling more thoroughly.
What Can I Expect in Terms of Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident?
Nearly every accident victim wants to know how much they can expect in compensation. This is the most common question we hear, and perhaps the most challenging to answer. This is so difficult because every case is different.
Some of the factors that will play a role in the final compensation you can receive for your injuries include:
- Total economic losses – These are the losses that include wages, medical bills, in-home help, rehabilitation, medical equipment, and other direct expenses related to your injury. These are easy to total up because they are losses with dollar amounts attached.
- Total non-economic losses – These losses are less easy to identify. For example, pain and suffering make up one category of non-economic loss. When someone has a broken leg, they are in pain. When a traumatic brain injury upends someone’s entire life due to a motorcycle accident, the pain and suffering significantly differ.
- Punitive damages – In extreme cases, your attorney may consider punitive damages—for example, if the other driver was speeding and under the influence.
You should discuss your specific claim with your lawyer. No two claims will be identical, even when you and another victim have similar injuries. No injury impacts every person in the same way.
What Role Does a Motorcycle Injury Lawyer Play in the Claims Process?
Often we are asked what actions we can take on behalf of our clients that they might be unable to do on their own. While there are some things that a client may be able to do, there are some specific actions that we can do that you may not be able to do on your own.
Some of these include:
- Investigations – As a legal firm, we have access to top-notch investigators who can help us reconstruct accidents, investigate the person who injured you, and conduct other actions that benefit your case.
- Negotiations – While it is possible for a client to negotiate with an insurer, we have years of experience handling insurance companies. We can hold insurers accountable and make sure they negotiate fairly.
- Court filings – If negotiations fail, a lawsuit may be necessary. A lawyer will be working on a legal case along with negotiations, so they are ready in the event of failure. This is not something a client can do on their own.
When you hire a lawyer, you are getting someone who has a history of advocacy. Our goal is always to represent those who suffered an injury and subsequently suffered losses.
At Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, we understand the role stress plays in your recovery. We can help relieve Cape Coral motorcycle accident victims of the stress associated with dealing with the claims process. Let us handle this for you while you take the opportunity to focus on your recovery.
How Much is it Going to Cost to Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
This is sometimes the first question we get from every client when they meet us for a case evaluation. It is a valid concern when someone lives on a reduced income because of an injury. Clients need to feel confident they are not running up thousands of dollars in legal costs in addition to the bills which continue to come in during their recovery.
Here’s what every client should know:
- Consultations are free – In addition to being under no obligation to hire us, we will evaluate your case free of charge.
- Retainer – Should you decide to hire Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, to handle your Cape Coral motorcycle accident claim, we will provide you with an agreement that explains all possible expenses, including legal fees.
- Contingency fee – When we agree to take on your case, we will do so on a contingency fee basis. This means you never have to worry about paying our legal fees until we get a settlement on your behalf. If we succeed, you will not pay anything for our legal fees. It is as simple as that. We get results, or we do not get paid for our services.
Clients should feel confident that we have as much interest in obtaining a settlement for you as you have in getting a settlement. We believe in providing legal help to everyone. A negligent driver injured you, we will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve.