- The dog bites completely through the limb or extremities and severed it.
- The dog bite damaged the bones or nerves of the limb or extremity so thoroughly that doctor believe reattachment is impossible.
- The dog bite wound became infected and doctors cannot cure the infection, requiring amputation to stop the infection from spreading.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)1 – Though PTSD is commonly associated with military veterans, this condition can develop after any type of traumatic event, including animal attacks. PTSD can be debilitating and can cause uncontrollable flashbacks, anxiety, insomnia, and many other symptoms that impact a victim's ability to work and enjoy everyday life.
- Cynophobia2 – Many dog bite victims develop cynophobia, which is the fear of dogs. Fear of dogs can isolate a person from family or friends that have dogs in their homes. An intense case of cynophobia can cause a victim to fear going any place in which they may have even the slightest chance of encountering a dog, which means they can fear even leaving the house.
- Depression – Severe depression is common in dog bite victims, due to their physical pain, scarring or disfigurement, isolation, or all of the above. Depression can keep a dog bite victim from leaving the house, from enjoying everyday activities, and may even cause suicidal thoughts.
Call a Clearwater dog bite attorney today to discuss your potential caseDog bites affect millions of people a year. In most instances, dog bites require minimal medical attention and may, at the most, require a few stitches. Some dog bites, however, cause serious injuries or medical complications after the initial injury has been treated. These cases often entitle victims to significant financial compensation. Consequently, it is important for victims to retain legal counsel as soon as possible after a dog bite occurs to ensure that their legal rights are protected. The Clearwater dog bite lawyers of the Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA are skilled litigators who have the skill and experience required to bring your case to a successful resolution. To schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, call our office today at 727-451-6900. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA 800 North Belcher Road Clearwater, FL 33756 727-451-6900 References: 1https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder/basics/definition/con-20022540 2https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynophobia