Omegle is a website where people chat through texts and live videos online for free. Since the website doesn’t require any form of registration, it has been inundated by sexual predators by coercing site users into recording explicit videos. Victims often experience trauma that can stop them from speaking up immediately.
At Dolman Law Group, we assist victims in filing lawsuits against sexual predators on Omegle. We understand that it may take time before you decide to file charges, and we believe that victims who share their painful experiences deserve the best Omegle sexual abuse lawyer.
5 Facts You Should Know About Omegle
- Users in Omegle chat anonymously—they don’t know each other by real names or identities.
- The website randomly matches users, so you could be paired with anyone.
- The website has options to talk through text or videos, view people’s lives, and exchange information in an unmonitored area.
- The unmonitored section contains nudity and explicit content.
- This site is mainly for adults, but children over 13 can use the website with their parents.
Omegle’s website can match children with adult predators because they have no way to accurately determine their user’s information. As a result, teens and adolescents are being sexually targeted online.
If you experience sexual abuse through the Omegle website, Dolman Law Group is here to help you file charges and pursue compensation for damages. We know the best way to ensure you receive compensation for damages faced by sexual abuse.
How the Law Helps Sexual Abuse Victims
To file suit under 18 U.S. Code § 2255 we must show that the defendant committed a sexual abuse crime, resulting in personal injury to the victim. We can use the defendant’s criminal conviction. Not all sexual abusers or companies involved in sexual assaults get convicted of the crime.
We understand that this often makes sexual abuse victims give up on filing lawsuits. In this case, we provide a solution using 18 U.S. Code § 2255.
- This law allows a sexual abuse victim to seek compensation for physical and emotional damages, even though the defendant was acquitted of the crime.
- An advantage of 18 U.S. Code § 2255 is that it enables you to file for compensation ten years after the incident or ten years after turning eighteen if the sexual abuse occurred in your childhood.
- The court understands that sexual abuse is a traumatizing incident, and victims take a long time to heal.
- You can seek financial compensation of up to $150,000 even though the damages caused by the incident are not equal to that amount.
The only requirement is that there is proof of tort. You can also seek financial compensation for applicable litigation costs.
What Are the Elements Under 18 U.S. Code § 2255?
We understand that healing from sexual abuse may take time. 18 U.S. Code § 2255 allows and enables you to:
- File a lawsuit on sexual abuse years after the incident.
- Seek compensation even if the defendant is acquitted of sexual abuse crime.
- Seek financial compensation for physical and emotional damages.
- File for punitive damages to prevent Omegle from allowing sexual abuse on their website.
This law also eliminates the hindrances sexual abuse victims encounter when reporting an incident years after its occurrence. The physical and emotional damages include shame from the sexual abuse through the website. They also entail the trauma you undergo when thinking of the incidence and rejection from friends or family members. Dolman Law Group will assist you in seeking the best compensation through 18 U.S. Code § 2255.
How Can Our Lawyers Help You in Your Lawsuit Against Omegle?
Our lawyers’ first step is to listen carefully and compassionately to your story when you approach us. This session is free and confidential, and we give you a list of options. The options we offer always include a description of each step you can take and the benefits and risks involved with each.
Our lawyers will show you utmost respect during this first session, and they will ask questions, mindful that this discussion brings difficult memories. We don’t insist on clients taking the path of filing a lawsuit because we believe this is a personal decision. Our duty is to advise on the different options after obtaining information about the incident.
Once you decide to take legal action against Omegle, our lawyers go through your case and ensure you file for every damage you are entitled to. Each case of sexual abuse differs, which means that compensation likely won’t be the same for every victim.
Our lawyers go through every detail and aspect of your case, leaving no stone unturned, so you secure fair compensation.
We also provide you with information regarding similar, past cases and their outcomes. That way, you have an idea of what to expect. We’re here to help you every step of the way, from filing a lawsuit to guiding you through the entire process. Our team will help you report sexual abuse and fight for compensation.
Why Should You Approach Our Lawyers?
Dolman Law Group employs several lawyers with the knowledge to win cases against sexual abusers. We have also won lawsuits against big companies. Don’t be afraid to file a lawsuit against Omegle just because it’s a larger company.
Armed with 18 U.S. Code § 2255, we can win a lawsuit against Omegle, allowing you to seek damages. We have experience dealing with sexual abuse cases and the necessary resources to take your case all the way.
We understand the trauma associated with sexual abuse and care for our clients. Filing a lawsuit for sexual abuse can contain several situations where the client might relive difficult moments. We will be patient with you when you relate your story (and during the questioning process) because we know it’s not easy.
Contact Dolman Law Group To Begin Fighting for Justice
Reach out to Dolman Law Group if you have been sexually abused through Omegle’s website. You can call our office line or visit our website. Our website has locations for all our offices and directions to the offices. We are here to assist you in getting the best compensation, so don’t hesitate to reach out.