The Clearwater auto accident attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA understand the value of education. After all, all of our attorneys have earned an undergraduate degree and successfully completed a rigorous juris doctorate program during law school. We also understand that college can place a tremendous financial strain on both students and their families. As a result, we are offering a $1,100 BI-ANNUAL scholarship to a current or prospective college student. The scholarship will be awarded to the winner of our video essay contest, the details of which are outlined below.
In order to participate in the scholarship contest, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently attending or planning to attend a college or university during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Must be in good academic standing with your current educational institution
- For applicants under 18, you must have permission from a parent or legal guardian
- Must apply to the contest via email and provide your name and the name of the institution you are attending or plan to attend
- Must provide your video essay (YouTube format preferred) by the deadline of 9/30/2021
- Submit videos to: [email protected]
In order to participate in the essay contest, applicants must present a 60 second video essay discussing the following issue:
Car accidents kill about 40,000 people every year. It's a leading cause of death, particularly among young people.
But safety features—adaptive cruise control, collision warning systems, backup cameras, automatic emergency braking, lane keeping assistance, pedestrian detection, and blind spot warning—have helped to reduce accidents and their severity. Add to that antilock brakes, airbags, and seat belts.
Self-driving cars that can make critical safety decisions far quicker than humans could reduce injuries and fatalities even further.
What will the world look like if we can eliminate these accidents entirely? How will it change the way we live and the world we live in?
Deadline to apply for this scholarships is 9/30/2021 at 9AM EST.
Once the application period closes, we will review all submissions and determine a winner based on the following factors:
- Video should not be longer than 60 seconds
- The applicant's demonstrated potential for success in the legal field
Please note that the scholarship check will be issued directly to the winner's university/college.
Congratulations to the scholarship winner of our Fall 2018 video essay contest, Douglas Reyes!
Congratulations to the scholarship winner of our Spring 2018 video essay contest, Forrest Kim!
Congratulations to the scholarship winner of our Fall 2017 video essay contest, Alexandra Newhouse!
Congratulations to the scholarship winner of our Spring 2017 video essay contest, Shannon Fitzpatrick!
July 2017 winner- Braiden Maggia
March 2016 Winner- Kelly Fandrey
July 2015 Winner – Emma Slotabec
March 2015 Winner – Kevin Cheng
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, is a personal injury law firm based in Clearwater, Florida with award-winning auto accident lawyers. To contact the firm, call our office at (727) 451-6900.