- Why Choose Dolman Law Group for Your West Palm Beach Personal Injury Claim
- Compensation in West Palm Beach Personal Injury Claims
- Types of West Palm Beach Personal Injury Claims
- Types of Injuries in West Palm Beach Personal Injury Claims
- Fighting the Insurance Company After Suffering Harm
- What to Do After Suffering Injuries in West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach Personal Injury FAQs
- Contact a West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Why Choose Dolman Law Group for Your West Palm Beach Personal Injury ClaimSome personal injury claims are straightforward. In the simplest cases, injured people can file an insurance claim, get paid, and move on with life without bringing a lawsuit. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Many personal injury claims are complex cases with various involved parties. Seeking damages is difficult and frustrating because of the games insurance companies like to play with claimants. The skilled legal team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, has ample experience fighting for injured clients. The firm and its members have received national recognition for their professional excellence and client advocacy from prestigious organizations such as the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, National Trial Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Best Lawyers. Our personal injury lawyers are committed to helping our clients seek justice and fight for the maximum compensation possible for their injuries. While no guarantee of future success, examples of recent case results include:
- $6.7 million for a wrongful death claim
- $5 million for a car accident claim involving burn injuries
- $3.85 million for a truck accident claim involving a brain injury
- $3.2 million for a truck accident claim involving a brain injury
- $1.75 million for a truck accident claim involving a shoulder injury and brain injury
- $1.58 million for a truck accident claim involving a spinal column injury
- $1.4 million for a motorcycle accident claim involving multiple serious injuries
- $1 million for a wrongful death claim
- $300,000 for a slip and fall accident claim
Compensation in West Palm Beach Personal Injury ClaimsIf you suffer harm from someone else's negligence or a negligent business caused your injuries, you can seek compensation for losses related to your injuries. Each personal injury claim has different facts that affect the amount and type of compensation someone could receive if they prevail in their claim. Damages that are commonly awarded in jury verdicts and included in settlement agreements compensation victims of negligence for:
- Medical treatment costs include ambulance service, emergency room treatment, surgery, hospitalization, radiology, diagnostic testing, prescriptions, follow-up care, and transportation costs to and from the doctor and treating facility.
- Estimated future medical treatment costs when someone suffers a permanent injury requiring continued care and treatment, sometimes in a nursing home
- Rehabilitation expenses include specialized treatment like physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, behavioral therapy, and other treatment that helps injured patients face the physical and emotional aftermath of their injuries.
- Lost wages from missing work due to injuries and healing
- Estimated future lost wages, called lost earning capacity, for those who suffer permanent injuries that prevent them from returning to their job or working in the future.
- Physical pain and suffering.
- Emotional distress.
- Diminished quality of life.
- Loss of consortium with a spouse
- Scarring and disfigurement.
Nature and Severity of Your InjuriesThe most severe injuries typically result in more compensation because they provide grounds for victims of negligence to seek compensation for non-economic losses like loss of consortium and pain and suffering.
Total Economic LossThe severity and nature of an injury are strongly related to the economic loss someone faces. The most severe injuries come with higher medical treatment costs because victims typically have a lengthy hospital stay, and many need one or more surgeries. Additionally, severe injuries require people to take more time away from work, and their lost wages pile up quickly.
Chances for a Full RecoveryNot all victims of negligence that suffer preventable injuries make a full recovery. Some face permanent injuries that drastically change their lives. This might even mean they cannot return to work. Victims of negligence who sustain permanent or catastrophic injuries receive far more compensation for their lifetime loss. An experienced West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer from Dolman Law Group, can investigate your injuries, gather evidence, and consult with experts to place a monetary value on your personal injury claim and advise you on which damages apply to your case.
Types of West Palm Beach Personal Injury ClaimsVarious scenarios can lead to a West Palm Beach personal injury claim. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, accepts all personal injury claims, but we see some more often than others. Here are some examples of situations that commonly lead to West Palm Beach personal injury claims:
- Car accidents. West Palm Beach remains famous for its nice beaches, fine dining, and great shopping. Snowbirds, residents, and tourists drive everywhere, and high traffic translates to car accidents, even on clear, sunny days.
- Truck accidents. Florida draws pleasure and business travelers. The tourist industry and agricultural injury are especially responsible for having trucks all over the state, including West Palm Beach. Negligent truckers sometimes cause dangerous accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcycle enthusiasts love cruising along the Atlantic. Whether residents of West Palm Beach or passing through, they risk accidents and injuries when others on the road do not drive safely.
- Defective product accidents. Product manufacturers are legally obligated to bring products to the market that are safe for consumption or public use. When defective products cause harm, victims have the right to sue the manufacturer for losses related to their injuries.
- Premises liability accidents. Slip and fall accidents are the most common premises liability accident, and they are the leading cause of injury for the elderly. However, any accident on someone else's property can lead to a personal injury claim. Hotels, restaurants, theme parks, and other places of business open themselves to liability if they do not maintain safe premises for visitors.
- Nursing home negligence. Florida has more than 650 licensed nursing homes, with several in the West Palm Beach area. Family members who find the resident they love has been abused or neglected can take legal action on behalf of their loved one to recover damages related to injuries and changing facilities.
- Medical malpractice. Those who visit doctors or dentists in the West Palm Beach area can bring a medical malpractice lawsuit if the medical professional who treated them caused harm and acted outside of accepted standards within the medical community.
- Workplace accidents. Injured employees who have been denied workers comp benefits or might have grounds for action against a third party after a workplace accident frequently seek guidance from personal injury lawyers.
Types of Injuries in West Palm Beach Personal Injury ClaimsDolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, represents victims of negligence who have suffered various types of injuries. Examples of injuries that commonly lead to personal injury claims include:
- Broken bones and multiple fractures, especially those that lead to corrective surgery
- Traumatic brain injuries and other injuries from head traumas
- Back and neck injuries, including herniated discs, broken vertebrae, and spinal cord injuries
- Amputations and dislocations
- Internal injuries
- Symptoms and complications from toxic substance exposure
Fighting the Insurance Company After Suffering HarmInsurance companies are bullies, and they use every tactic they can to avoid financial liability. Sometimes they outright deny claims, and other times they fight to devalue an injury claim. Depending on the circumstances that led to your harm, you might have to deal with auto, homeowners, or commercial business insurance carriers. Once you or the policyholder files a claim against a policy, the insurance provider will assign an adjuster or representative to investigate the claim and make an approval decision. The insurance representative will gather as much information as possible, specifically looking for ways to reduce the amount they need to pay. Expect them to ask you for a recorded statement and to sign a release for your medical records. A personal injury lawyer can protect you and the value of your claim by ensuring the insurance carrier gets no more information than what they need to process the claim. For example, you do not have to let them record your statement, so they can repeatedly comb through it and find a way to use your words against you to justify denying your devaluing claim. Our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys have experience dealing with tricky insurance companies. We know their strategies to intimidate claimants and avoid financial liability. Consult with one of Dolman Law Group's team members to communicate with the insurance company and help you through the claims process.
What to Do After Suffering Injuries in West Palm BeachAfter you suffer harm from someone else's negligent actions or inaction, you need to protect the value of your claim. The following tips can prevent insurance carriers from denying your claim and give you the best chance to receive full compensation for losses related to your injuries:
- Attend all medical appointments with your doctor and follow your medical treatment plan strictly. This includes going to physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other specialized therapy included in your plan.
- Keep meticulous records of your economic loss, including copies of medical bills, pay stubs, and receipts.
- If you suffered injuries in a West Palm Beach traffic accident, get a copy of the official crash report.
- Keep a journal to record your physical, mental, and financial challenges.
West Palm Beach Personal Injury FAQsCoping with injuries or illnesses because of another party's negligence or intentional harm can be a life-changing event. Fortunately, many personal injuries heal quickly. Victims can return to their daily lives without continuous medical care, missing weeks or months of work, or bringing a lawsuit. However, severe injuries create chaos for victims and their families, often coming with a massive economic loss on top of the physical and emotional pain of injury. If you have recently been harmed accidentally or intentionally because of others, you might feel angry, overwhelmed, and unsure about your next steps. You can begin your journey of holding the person or business responsible for your injuries accountable by consulting with an experienced West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA. We can evaluate your West Palm Beach personal injury claim and advise you on your next steps. Until you have the chance to meet with a member of our team, the following answers to frequently asked questions about personal injury lawyers and the legal process of seeking compensation for damages provide some introductory information.
Are My Injuries Severe Enough to Hire a West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer?Knowing the answer to this question is challenging, but it doesn't cost you anything to meet with an attorney and let them evaluate your case. Minor injuries typically do not require a lawyer, especially if they occur in a traffic accident, and your mandatory personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage kicks in to cover a large portion of medical expenses and lost wages. The most severe injuries almost always warrant hiring a personal injury lawyer. Discerning what qualifies as minor and severe can be challenging when injuries fall somewhere in the middle. Regardless of what others tell you, you probably do if you think you need a lawyer. Trust your instincts and consult with a lawyer who can review the details of your injuries and determine the viability of your claim. As a general rule of thumb, these situations almost always serve as justification for taking legal action after an injury:
- Your injuries required doctors to hospitalize you, and you needed surgery for your injuries.
- You have missed weeks or months of work because of your injuries.
- In the case of a West Palm Beach traffic accident, you have exhausted your PIP policy limits.
- Your doctor has determined you will not make a full recovery from your illness or that you have suffered a permanent injury.