West Palm Beach is famous for its bustling atmosphere with vast amounts of shopping, dining, and entertainment. Residents and visitors alike spend vast amounts of time driving to and from their favorite West Palm Beach destinations in their cars because public transportation options are limited. With traffic comes traffic accidents.
Fortunately, many West Palm Beach car accidents are minor fender-benders, and those involved walk away unscathed. However, those who sustain severe injuries face a long road that includes physical pain, emotional distress, and sometimes an economic burden. Some car accident victims have massive medical expenses and injuries that prevent them from working.
Suppose you have sustained injuries in a West Palm Beach car accident because of a negligent driver. In that case, Florida law entitles you to seek compensation for damages related to the accident and your injuries after you have exhausted your insurance options. A West Palm Beach car accident lawyer from Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can help you through this difficult time. Our firm has helped car accident victims seek justice since 2004. Contact us today to discuss the details of your car accident and your eligibility to recover damages.
- Why Choose Dolman Law Group for Your West Palm Beach Car Accident Injury Claim
- Compensation in West Palm Beach Car Accident Claims
- Dangerous Intersections in West Palm Beach
- Types of Injuries in West Palm Beach Car Accident Claims
- Fighting the Insurance Company After a West Palm Beach Car Accident
- What to Do After Suffering Injuries in a West Palm Beach Car Accident
- West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer FAQ
- Contact a West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer Today
Why Choose Dolman Law Group for Your West Palm Beach Car Accident Injury Claim
After suffering severe injuries in a West Palm Beach car accident, you need to focus on your health. Recovering from your injuries must be your top priority, leaving little time to deal with insurance companies and their questionable tactics to avoid paying claims. Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, knows how to deal with insurance providers.
The skilled West Palm Beach car accident attorneys at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, have extensive experience advocating for clients who have sustained injuries in a car accident. The firm's members have been nationally recognized for their client service and professional excellence. Elite organizations, including the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, National Trial Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and Best Lawyers, have given awards or accolades to many members of the team at Dolman Law Group.
Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping injured car accident victims seek justice and obtain the maximum amount of damages for their injuries.
Recent case results in car accident claims include:
- $5 million for a client who suffered burn injuries in a car accident
- $1 million for a client injured in a car accident
- $775,000 for a father and son injured in a car accident
- $425,000 for a client who suffered a lower back injury in a car accident
- $380,000 for a client who sustained a herniated disc in a rear-end car accident
- $270,000 for a client who suffered Chiari malformation and a herniated disc in a car accident
- $220,000 for a client who suffered a central disc profusion in a T-bone car accident
- $165,000 for a client who suffered a herniated disc in a minor car accident
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, has the knowledge and resources to help you fight for compensation for your West Palm Beach car accident injuries. We know how to communicate with insurance companies, and their large legal teams cannot bully us. A skilled attorney can handle the details of your West Palm Beach car accident injury case while you focus on healing and rehabilitation.
If you live in West Palm Beach, you are under 30 minutes from Dolman Law Group's Boca Raton office, located at 3200 North Federal Highway, a few blocks south of NE Spanish River Boulevard. We like to meet prospective clients in person for a free consultation, but injuries and other circumstances sometimes prevent travel. We also offer virtual meetings for those who cannot meet us face-to-face—Call for your free consultation or submit details about your West Palm Beach car accident online.
Compensation in West Palm Beach Car Accident Claims
Suppose you suffer injuries in a West Palm Beach car accident because of a negligent driver or another negligent party. In that case, Florida law entitles you to seek compensation for economic and non-economic losses related to the accident and your injuries. Each car accident case has different circumstances that impact how much and what type of compensation an accident victim can receive if they win their claim.
Some of the most common damages awarded in settlements and jury verdicts for car accidents victims are:
- Medical expenses, including ambulance and emergency room services, hospital stay, surgery, diagnostic imaging, lab tests, medication, follow-up doctor visits, and travel costs to and from the hospital
- Estimated future medical expenses when a West Palm Beach car accident leads to a permanent injury requiring ongoing care, additional surgeries, or other types of treatment
- Rehabilitation costs for visits with specialists such as physical therapists, occupational therapists, mental health professionals, and other specialists who help car accident victims deal with their physical and emotional challenges after suffering injuries
- Lost income from time away from work due to injuries, hospitalization, and rehabilitation
- Lost earning capacity for West Palm Beach car accident victims who cannot return to work or seek future employment because of their injuries
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium with a spouse
- Scarring and disfigurement
Factors that affect the amount of compensation and type of damages a car accident victim might receive after taking legal action include:
- Type and severity of injuries. Car accident victims who suffer the worst injuries typically receive the most compensation. Severe injuries, especially those that take months or years to heal, serve as justification to seek compensation for non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
- Amount of economic loss. The amount of economic loss a car accident victim incurs because of their injuries is strongly correlated with the severity of their injuries. Severe injuries cost more to treat. In addition to hospitalization, many with severe injuries need one or more surgeries. Severe injuries also drastically increase economic loss because car accident victims need to miss weeks or months of work.
- Long-term prognosis. Car accident victims who suffer a permanent injury typically receive more money. If they cannot return to their job because of a catastrophic injury, they receive more money to compensate for future lost wages. Injuries that leave permanent scars, like burns or amputations also typically have higher value claims.
A West Palm Beach car accident attorney from Dolman Law Group can review the facts of your case, gather medical records and documents, and consult with experts to advise you on the amount and types of damages that apply to your case.
Dangerous Intersections in West Palm Beach
Car accidents can occur anywhere, but most occur in intersections. Intersections are planned points of conflict and can be controlled or uncontrolled. Regardless of the type of intersection, some are more dangerous than others, often because of the amount of traffic. Various government agencies study car accidents throughout Florida.
Some West Palm Beach intersections that see car accidents on a regular basis include:
- Okeechobee Boulevard and Military Trail intersection is often cited as the most dangerous intersection in West Palm Beach, likely because it is among the busiest and centered right in a major retail shopping area.
- North Congress Avenue and 45th Street, another intersection near major shopping centers and St. Mary's Medical Center, also sees dozens of crashes yearly.
- North Jog Road and Okeechobee Boulevard is the intersection of two major highways. Plus, it is near many stores, restaurants, and hotels, so traffic is often heavy. The intersection also sees dozens of accidents every year.
- Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard and Executive Center Drive is the intersection that many drivers cross when visiting Palm Beach Outlets. The outlet stores are popular with locals and tourists, drawing heavy traffic daily. Fortunately, speeds around this intersection are slower, so injuries are not as severe as other dangerous West Palm Beach intersections. However, car accident victims can still suffer severe injuries at low speeds.
- Okeechobee Boulevard and Wabasso Drive is an intersection near the southern end of Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard. Many accidents occur here when drivers try to transition from Wabasso Drive to a busier road where traffic is moving much faster.
Types of Injuries in West Palm Beach Car Accident Claims
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, advocates for car accident victims who have sustained multiple types of injuries.
Examples of car accident injuries that could give rise to a West Palm Beach car accident claim include:
- Fractures. Minor fractures might not warrant hiring an attorney, but complex and multiple fractures cause extensive pain and come with massive medical bills, especially if car accident victims need corrective surgery.
- Brain injuries. Car accidents are among the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Victims who suffer a TBI sometimes face lifelong struggles related to cognitive and other brain functions.
- Back and neck injuries. The impact of a car accident can put the body in various unnatural positions that lead to bulged discs, cracked vertebrae, and other injuries along the spinal column.
- Amputations. Car accident victims sometimes get their limbs pinned or crushed during a crash, leading to a life-changing amputation.
- Burns. Car accidents that erupt in fire or explosion put those involved at risk for severe burns that sometimes require corrective surgery and leave permanent scars.
- Internal injuries. Broken ribs, organ damage, and internal bleeding commonly occur in car accidents, especially at high speeds. These types of injuries can cause permanent damage and sometimes lead to death.
Fighting the Insurance Company After a West Palm Beach Car Accident
Auto insurance providers make profits by avoiding financial liability, typically achieved by denying or devaluing a claim. Once you or the negligent driver that caused the car accident files a claim with their insurance carrier, the company will assign a representative to investigate the claim and decide whether to approve it. The case representative, or adjuster, will gather as much evidence as possible, especially looking for justification to deny or devalue your claim.
Hiring a West Palm Beach car accident lawyer is crucial to protect the value of your claim. An attorney can protect you from the insurance company's questionable tactics and ensure they only get the information they need to process the accident claim. For example, they will ask you to sign a waiver to release your medical records and try to get your entire medical history. A lawyer will help ensure they only get the records related to your West Palm Beach car accident.
What to Do After Suffering Injuries in a West Palm Beach Car Accident
Your health is the top priority after suffering car accident injuries, but protecting the value of your claim is the key to obtaining the best financial outcome.
These tips can prevent an auto insurance provider from denying or devaluing your claim:
- Keep all doctor appointments and follow your doctor's orders. Straying from your treatment plan can give the other side reason to argue your injuries are worse than you claim.
- Make copies of your economic loss, including medical bills, receipts, and payroll information, to share with your lawyer.
- Obtain a copy of the official crash report.
- Keep a journal to record the ways your car accident injuries have impacted your life physically, emotionally, and financially.
Provide everything above to your lawyer during your initial free consultation, so they can evaluate your case and determine your eligibility for compensation. Additionally, give your lawyer contact information for witnesses you might have collected and any photos or videos of property damage, the accident scene, and your injuries.
West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer FAQ
If you have recently suffered injuries in a West Palm Beach Car accident, you might feel overwhelmed and uncertain about your next steps. Once you have exhausted your insurance options, Florida law entitles you to seek compensation for damages from the driver or another party responsible for the car accident and your injuries.
It is best to consult with a West Palm Beach car accident lawyer as soon as possible. A member of the legal team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can evaluate your case, determine the viability of your car accident claim, and answer specific questions you might have about the legal process of recovering compensation for your injuries.
The answers to the following frequently asked questions about West Palm Beach car accidents and the process of seeking compensation for damages offer some introductory information until you have a chance to meet with one of our team members.
How Long Do I Have to Sue for Damages After a West Palm Beach Car Accident?
If you suffer injuries in a West Palm Beach car accident, you have four years from the date of your injuries to bring a lawsuit to seek compensation for damages related to the accident and your injuries. If you have lost a loved one in a tragic West Palm Beach car accident, Florida law allows two years from the date of death to bring a wrongful death lawsuit to seek damages.
Although you have some time after your accident to take action, it is best to consult with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible. First, if you miss the statute of limitations deadline, it is doubtful a court will hear your case and you lose any leverage you have for settlement negotiations.
Additionally, the quality of evidence to support your claim can diminish as time goes on. Video evidence gets taped over, potential witnesses move away or die, and available witnesses do not always remember the essential details of the car accident. Once you hire a lawyer, they can immediately begin to investigate your case and gather relevant evidence to support your claim.
I Am Sore, and I Know I Am Injured. Do I Still Have to Go to the Doctor?
Car accident victims may deny medical treatment at the scene of the accident if they can move and do not have any visible injuries. Yet, this does not help them support their claim for damages. You must prove you suffered harm in the car accident to receive compensation, making medical documentation of your injuries a crucial component of your claim. If you have not yet seen a doctor, you should immediately get checked out for common car accident injuries.
Not only do you need your injuries documented by a physician, but you want to ensure you learn about hidden injuries, such as broken ribs, organ damage, and brain injuries. Failure to treat these injuries can lead to further damage, sometimes death.
How Do Florida's No-Fault Insurance Laws Impact My West Palm Beach Car Accident Claim?
Florida's no-fault insurance laws require all drivers registering a vehicle to carry a minimum of $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. Before you take legal action against another driver, you must file a claim under your PIP coverage after a West Palm Beach car accident.
Your PIP coverage will pay up to 80 percent of medical expenses and 60 percent of lost wages. It also covers others who live in your household if they suffered injuries during the accident. Those who suffer severe car accident injuries quickly meet or exceed their PIP limits. Once this happens, the law permits them to step outside the no-fault system to recover additional compensation for their injuries and related losses.
What Types of Damages Could I Recover in a West Palm Beach Car Accident Injury Claim?
Each car accident is different, so the types of damages you could recover depend on the circumstances of your West Palm Beach car accident. Accident injury claims typically include compensation for economic losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and costs for replacement services. However, they also include money for non-economic losses that compensate car accident victims for how their injuries have impacted their lives.
Examples of common non-economic damages include pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and diminished quality of life. An experienced member of the legal team at Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can evaluate your case and advise you on which damages apply to your situation.
How Much Money Could I Receive for My West Palm Beach Car Accident Injuries?
We cannot guarantee a specific financial outcome for your West Palm Beach car accident injury claim. Each case is different, with underlying circumstances that increase or decrease the claim's value. The nature and severity of your injuries, disputes over liability, insurance policy limits, and whether you need to go to trial.
Additionally, your total economic loss impacts the amount of money you could receive for your injuries. High medical expenses and extended time away from work typically result in a higher value claim. Finally, Palm Beach car accident victims who suffer catastrophic injuries that prevent them from returning to work typically receive more compensation than those who do not suffer permanent injuries.
How Do I Recover Damages if I Suffered Injuries in a Hit and Run?
The chance to recover additional damages beyond your PIP coverage depends on whether law enforcement locates the driver who left the accident scene. If they find the driver, you will proceed as you would with any other claim. However, suppose law enforcement does not locate the driver who caused the accident. In that case, you might be able to recover additional damages from your insurance company if you have uninsured motorist (UM) insurance.
Florida does not require UM coverage for registered drivers. However, many auto insurance carriers recommend that additional coverage. If you file a claim with your auto insurance provider under your UM policy, you can collect up to your policy limit.
How Do I Get a Copy of the Accident Report After My West Palm Beach Car Accident?
Every driver and passenger involved in a West Palm Beach car crash has the legal right to receive a copy of the official accident report that the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) or West Palm Beach police submit to the State of Florida. Florida's Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) keeps all official accident reports.
You must wait at least a week, maybe a little longer, for the reporting police officer to complete the official crash report and upload it to the state's system. Once the report is uploaded, you can order a digital copy online, request one in person, or request the state send you one via snail mail.
Official Florida crash reports are available online at the Florida Crash Portal. You need to pay $10 for the report and a $2 convenience fee for ordering online. Once you complete your purchase, your report is immediately available for download. If you do not want to order a crash report online, you can visit the nearest FHP Troop Station and pay the fee to receive a copy.
Do I Have to Go to Court for My West Palm Beach Car Accident Case?
Your West Palm Beach car accident claim may not go to trial. However, you should be prepared to testify in court. The vast majority of traffic accident claims settle long before going to trial. Litigation is expensive, giving both sides an incentive to avoid court. However, settlement negotiations go awry, and sometimes going to trial is the only way to get fair compensation, especially when the other side is disputing liability.
A seasoned West Palm Beach car accident attorney from Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, can review your case and give you a better idea of the likelihood of going to trial for your individual circumstances.
How Long Will it Take to Settle My West Palm Beach Car Accident Case?
Car accident claims sometimes settle in a few months; other times, it might take years. It highly depends on the circumstances of your case and your injuries. Injuries create the most significant delay in a car accident settlement timeline. Your attorney cannot place an accurate value on your accident injury claim until they know the full scope of your car accident injuries and your likelihood of a full recovery.
The other major factor affecting the settlement timeline is whether you go to trial. Both sides can spend months preparing for trial, and they still might settle minutes before entering a courtroom. Your attorney can evaluate your case and give you an idea of a likely timeline for your situation.
What Should I Do if an Insurance Company Makes Me a Settlement Offer?
Let an attorney review any settlement offers you receive. Insurance providers sometimes make low-ball early offers, so they can close a claim and move on. They do not stay in business by paying the total amount of each claim that comes their way. Instead, they do what they can to avoid or reduce financial liability for their policyholders.
Accepting an early offer ensures the carrier does not have to pay a more considerable amount down the road because you must waive your right to sue for additional compensation when you accept the offer. This can leave you with financial issues if you find out you have a permanent injury, need more surgeries, or need ongoing care and treatment after accepting an offer.
Considering the first settlement offer as a starting point for negotiations is best. Your attorney can handle communication with the insurance carrier and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries.
Can I Afford to Hire a West Palm Beach Car Accident Injury Lawyer to Represent Me?
Yes. Do not let concerns about affordability stop you from seeking compensation for your injuries. You have a better chance of receiving compensation for your injuries when you have an experienced lawyer in your corner. Everyone deserves legal counsel when they suffer injuries, and everyone can afford it. When hiring an accident injury lawyer, you do not have to pay an upfront retainer like you would for a criminal defense lawyer or divorce attorney.
Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, takes new clients on a contingency fee basis after determining a potential client has a viable claim during a free consultation. We deduct attorney fees and other representation costs from any money we secure for you in the form of a settlement or jury award.
How Can Your West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyers Help Me?
Car accident lawyers help their clients in multiple ways from the moment they meet. They fight for their clients to get compensation for losses related to the accident and their injuries. This also indirectly helps others. By holding negligent drivers and other parties accountable for their actions, lawyers help prevent others in the future from being involved in accidents with the same driver or another responsible party.
If you have never been in a car accident before and have not had to deal with an insurance company or consult with a car accident lawyer, you might not understand the many ways a lawyer fights for you.
Here are some of the many ways our car accident lawyers help our clients.
- Evaluation. Car accident lawyers evaluate each claim that comes their way to determine if a client has a valid claim and to provide them with all their legal options.
- Communication. Lawyers handle communications with relevant parties, including insurance adjusters who are famous for pushing ethical boundaries to devalue injury claims.
- Investigation. Many law firms use investigators to uncover all the facts of a car accident case by gathering evidence and taking witness statements.
- Negotiation. Accident injury lawyers are trained negotiators who often secure more compensation for their clients when dealing with insurance companies.
- Litigation. Car accident lawyers fight for their clients in the courtroom when the other driver lies or the insurance company refuses to offer fair compensation for damages.
Contact Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA, today to discuss your case and learn more about how we can help.
Contact a West Palm Beach Car Accident Lawyer Today
If you sustained injuries in a West Palm Beach car accident because of a negligent driver, contact a lawyer as soon as possible to review your claim. Dolman Law Group considers our clients part of the family, and we want to help you seek justice for your injuries. You should not have to suffer financially when someone else caused you harm. Contact us online to share the details of your car accident injuries, or call us at 833-552-7274 (833-55-CRASH) to set up a free consultation to discuss your case.
What Our Clients Have to Say:
“Chad Robinson always responded immediately whenever I had questions or concerns. He worked hard to make sure I received what I deserved.”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
“AMAZING and understanding attorneys! Did great on my case and I highly recommend Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA for anyone that has been injured in an accident!"
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more reviews on Google!