Roadway accidents, medical malpractice, workplace injuries, and defective products can all result in injuries and illnesses which seriously impact your quality of life. Texas personal injury attorneys help victims who have their lives turned upside down by the action or inaction of those with a duty to safeguard others from injury.
If you have suffered an injury due to the negligence of a third party, you have rights and you need to ask for help to preserve those rights. Whenever you have suffered an injury or illness you believe could have been avoided, you should contact the accident injury lawyers at Dolman Law Group immediately for a free consultation. Not only can you learn more about your rights, but you can also gain a better understanding of your legal options.
Put a Results-Oriented Firm to Work on Your Behalf
Our lawyers can never guarantee a case will have any specific outcome. While past successes do not always translate into future success, here are a few of the representative cases we have handled in the past for clients who were injured due to someone’s negligent behavior:
Roadway Accident Victim Settlements
- $3.2 million – Semi-truck accident resulting in brain injury
- $1.4 million – Motorcycle accident resulting in multiple serious injuries
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
- $1 million – Father killed in a rideshare vehicle
Slip and Fall Accident Victim Settlements
- $300,000 – Slip-and-fall in a restaurant parking lot
- $82,000 – Slip-and-fall accident resulting in shoulder injury
Bodily Injury Victim Settlements
- $525,000 – Neck and back injury to spinal disc
- $500,000 – Brain injury and moderate neck pain
Our track record of results speaks for itself. We are committed to working tirelessly to support victims.
Serving Accident Victims Suffering Injuries Due to Negligence
We know how hard it is to get your life back on track when you suffer an injury. In addition to the financial hardship you are currently facing, you could be looking at weeks, months, or years of a difficult recovery. Some of the serious injuries our clients have faced are devastating.
We help victims who have suffered:
- Spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries (TBI) – perhaps one of the most challenging injuries to overcome, are spinal cord and brain injuries. TBI can have a devastating impact on your quality of life. Victims are often faced with issues including memory issues, personality changes, and may also suffer some challenges maintaining control over their bodily movements and functions. These problems are also common in spinal cord injury victims.
- Broken bone injuries – Many people think a broken bone is not a big deal because they heal in a couple of months. However, victims can face surgical procedures, develop problems later in life associated with the break, and face weeks of painful rehabilitation therapy.
- Burn injuries – Car accidents, defective products, or workplace accidents can result in a victim suffering burns. There are also instances where nursing home or assisted living patients have suffered burns. Victims who suffer a burn injury are more susceptible to infections. They may also have long-lasting scars or disfiguration that could require additional surgery.
- Injuries caused by medical malpractice – Birth injuries, nursing home abuse, broken bones, infections due to surgical materials or instruments left in a wound can all have serious consequences and cause a diminished quality of life and pain.
These are just some of the injuries victims of personal injury can and do suffer. While some victims will have mild injuries, others will suffer for the remainder of their lives due to the inaction or actions of others.
Texas Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
Fault Can Be Challenging Regardless of the Injury
Depending on where and how you suffered an injury, there may be one party, or multiple parties who bear some fault.
Some of the potential locations and responsible parties include:
- Roadway accidents – Various roadway accidents include motorcycle, rideshare operators, trucks, and cars. Pedestrians are often injured, too. Some of the potentially liable parties could include the vehicle operator; in the case of trucks and rideshares, the employer; and in other cases, there could have been a defective mechanical device that caused a problem resulting in an accident.
- Workplace accidents – While Texas worker’s compensation laws generally do not allow separate suits against employers, there are still instances where someone can be held responsible. For example, if defective equipment injured you, a third-party vendor caused your injury, or you were injured because a third party failed to effectively manage a piece of equipment, you might have the basis for a personal injury lawsuit.
- Medical malpractice injuries – Whether you have a family member who suffered abuse in a long-term care facility, have a child born with a birth defect due to a misjudgment during birth, or you or a family member is a victim of a missed diagnosis, you may sue a doctor, anesthesiologist, or another member of a medical team who had a duty to protect you.
- Wrongful death cases – In cases of wrongful death, several parties may contribute to your loss. A family member has the right to hold the responsible parties accountable. These may include anyone responsible for your loved one’s death including a doctor, a drunk driver, a bar owner who allowed a clearly intoxicated patron to leave their facility and get behind the wheel. In cases where a defective drug, a dangerous product, or a defective medical device causes the death of a loved one, you may hold the manufacturers or distributors of these products partially liable.
Remember every personal injury lawsuit entails proving certain elements. One of the elements is the party should have had a reasonable expectation their action or inaction could result in a bad outcome for the person or parties who suffered an injury.
When these actions disrupt your life, a Texas personal injury lawyer can help you regain some measure of financial control over your life. We know money will not make up for the pain and suffering of those who have injuries, nor can it ever compensate you for the loss of a loved one but, it can help you maintain a sound financial footing into your future. Contact Dolman Law Group Gibe Accident Injury Lawyers, PA to get started.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Texas, call 833-552-7274
Recovering Financially from an Injury Can be Complicated
There is no doubt you will have some direct financial losses from an injury or the loss of a loved one.
Some of the financial compensation you may recover by filing a personal injury lawsuit includes:
- Medical expenses resulting from injury – The cost of recovering from an injury can quickly seem out of control. Mounting medical bills from tests, repeated follow-up visits to your doctor and specialists, prescriptions to ward off pain and infection might only be the beginning of the expenses you may have to bear. You should not have to bear the expensive consequences of someone else’s negligent behavior.
- Present and future wages – It may help if you know when you can return to work because then your lawyer can calculate your income losses. However, when you have suffered an injury that could potentially result in you never returning to work, or if your loved one lost their life in an accident, then potential future wages can also be considered.
- Home and other modifications – In some instances, victims of a serious injury such as spinal cord injuries, or an injury that results in paralysis could require home modifications or modification to a motor vehicle to enable them to get around. In these cases, it may be possible to hold the responsible party accountable for these unforeseen expenses.
- Other unexpected costs – In the case of a wrongful death lawsuit, it is possible to recover other costs such as those costs associated with funeral and burial expenses. These costs rise year after year, and most of us cannot prepared to deal with them, even when we expect them.
Since every personal injury lawsuit is different, talk with your Texas personal injury attorney about what potential damages you may be entitled to recover. While a full financial recovery may seem impossible, unless you attempt to get the maximum settlement available, there may be no way to recover even a majority of your losses. Remember, Texas personal injury statutes do have time limits—victims of personal injury may only file a lawsuit for two years following their injury, and those who have lost a loved one may only file a wrongful death lawsuit for two years following their loss.
This may seem like a long time, but it requires time to negotiate with insurance companies, seek out all responsible parties, and take all the legal steps necessary for you to have a successful outcome.
Do Not Expect Insurance Adjusters to Assist You
You may think an insurance adjuster who contacts you following an injury is calling you to be helpful. However, the insurance adjusters’ primary goal is to mitigate the responsibility the insurance company must face for your injuries. Remember, they are the primary line of defense the person who caused your injury or loss has. Insurers specifically train adjusters to solicit responses from you that could help them scale back the scope of your claim. For example, if they ask you, “How are you doing?” your normal response may be, “I’m doing okay.” An insurance adjuster can see this as an opportunity to claim you are not as seriously injured as you have indicated.
You have to be careful dealing with insurers—they often send you reams of paperwork hoping you will not review them too carefully and will just sign them without reading the fine print. This could ruin your settlement. For example, let’s assume that five years before an accident in which you suffered a back injury, you had a prior fall that resulted in a back injury. The insurance company may claim this was not a new injury and they have no obligation to compensate you—they found out about this because the medical release you signed gave them not only access to your accident medical records, but to your entire medical record.
You should not sign any documents sent to you from an insurance company without first reviewing them with a Texas personal injury attorney who will protect and preserve your interests and rights.
Understanding the Costs of Hiring a Texas Personal Injury Law Firm
There is little doubt when you are recovering from an injury, or the person you lost to an accident was the primary breadwinner, your family is suffering financially. This is often why victims of other’s negligence may think they can handle negotiations on their own.
Here is what most people do not know about most personal injury cases:
- Free consultation – You can request a free consultation from Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA. This consultation helps you understand your rights and options. You are under no obligation to hire our firm after a consultation.
- Legal services payable after settlement – While we may incur modest expenses, including filing fees, while preparing your case, you will not pay for our legal fees until we have obtained a settlement on your behalf.
We work on a contingency fee basis for two reasons: First, we know how hard it is to pay high legal bills when you are out of work; and second, we stand by our work, and we want you to have the same confidence in our work.
If you suffered an injury in a workplace accident, a roadway accident, or you were the victim of medical malpractice, you should consider calling us immediately. You may be surprised at the broad range of cases we have taken on over the years, and we will be more than happy to provide you with a free consultation as soon as possible. Contact the Texas personal injury firm of Dolman Law Group Accident Injury Lawyers, PA at 833-552-7274 and find out what a difference working with a dedicated legal team can make to your personal injury case.