Spinal cord injuries can have serious consequences—you might require ongoing treatment and, in severe cases, constant care. This can cost a considerable amount of money on top of the pain and the lasting effects on your lifestyle. We recommend a Savannah spinal cord injury lawyer when dealing with these injuries after an accident in Georgia.
Why Are Spinal Cord Injuries So Serious?
The lasting impact of spinal cord injuries makes them stand out from other accident injuries and damages. Spinal cord injuries fall into two categories that can affect the severity of the condition:
- Complete: In these injuries, the connection between the brain and the body is completely broken below the level of the damage.
- Incomplete: In these, some function remains because the connection between your brain and body can still function to some extent.
How It Works
- Your spinal cord is a messenger—a column of tissue that runs from the base of your skull and down the center of your back.
- This messenger’s job is to carry nerve signals to and from your brain and body.
- Three layers of membrane and your backbones offer some protection, but the spinal cord is still vulnerable to injury.
- Your spinal cord lets you feel sensations and move your body. When injured, you might be unable to do these things.
Savannah Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me 833-552-7274
How Do Spinal Cord Injuries Happen?
Here are some of the leading causes of damage to your spinal cord:
- Falls: Avoid taking risks with ladders, use handrails on stairs, and install secure grips in bathrooms.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Always wear a seatbelt when riding in a car.
- Swimming: Make sure that the water is deep enough before diving into it.
- Complications from Surgery: This could include infections or damage from malpractice.
For a free legal consultation with a spinal cord injury lawyer serving Savannah, call 833-552-7274
How Do I Know If I Have a Spinal Cord Injury?
Signs and symptoms of spinal cord issues can depend on the severity of your injury. If, after an accident, you notice the following, you should immediately contact your health care provider:
- Weakness in your arms and legs
- Pain or a feeling of pressure in your back or neck
- Loss of bladder and bowel control
- Difficulty in breathing
- Lumps along your spine
What Is the Treatment for Spinal Cord Injuries?
Treatment depends on the severity of your case but can probably require immediate surgery. Later, patients usually require rehabilitation. Severe injuries might need constant care and psychological support. We hope victims find hope and healing as medical research is making significant advances in treatment to improve patients’ lives.
How a Savannah Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Can Help
If you’ve suffered a spinal cord injury through no fault of your own, an attorney can help you claim the compensation that you deserve. Spinal cord injuries frequently have severe consequences for your lifestyle and your finances.
Here are a few ways your lawyer can help:
- Calculate the amount you should claim
- Establish liability
- Answer questions about your case
- Negotiate with insurance companies
After an accident, you might find that an insurance company offers you a quick settlement. You may have suffered a painful, perhaps devastating, injury. Most victims are unable to work and are faced with immediate expenses. The insurance company knows this and hopes you’ll accept this first settlement.
Before you take it, talk it over with someone who understands. The insurance company is usually offering you the lowest possible amount they can. You don’t have to accept it, and there’s a good chance that our legal team can get you a much higher settlement.
Working With Dolman Law Group
We at Dolman Law Group care about our clients. We have the resources and experience necessary to take on insurance companies and get the best possible compensation for our clients. We like to start with a complimentary case review.
This initial consultation puts you under no obligation. It’s an opportunity to get to know each other and answer your questions. We can advise you on what steps you should take next. If you decide that we’re the team you want to represent you, we can thoroughly prepare your case by:
- Examining all the evidence
- Talking to any witnesses
- Reviewing medical or police reports
- Keeping track of all correspondence
- Filing your claim
How Soon Should I File?
After your claim, you should file it as soon as possible. The sooner we get started, the sooner you can get the money you need. But remember that there’s a time limit for filing after a spinal cord injury. In Georgia, you only have two years from the date of the accident.
Can Legal Representation Be Expensive?
At Dolman Law Group, we know that injury victims worry about costs. While this is natural, you already have enough on your plate. So, we work on a contingency basis. This means that you pay nothing until we recover your settlement.
There can be no upfront fees or extra costs, just an agreed-upon percentage that you can pay right from your settlement. That way, you always know where you stand. We take on all the risk because we’re confident we can get you the best possible compensation.
Call an Attorney Serving the Savannah Area
A severe spinal cord injury can be a life-changing event. Hiring professional legal representation is the best way to ensure someone’s looking out for your best interest.
Don’t leave anything to chance—we can fight the battle while you recover. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.